Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Everything we know about Lost Islands (21/10/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Everything we know about Lost Islands (21/10/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6692
#51 Posted: 01:41:21 09/11/2012
Quote: Skybagel
Does anyone know where I can view the trailer for this? (It shows Royal Double Trouble)

Um well i just clicked the app one time and the trailer came up :/
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#52 Posted: 03:27:44 09/11/2012
Managed to get the video to come up a second time, got some screen shots this time.

Guess a lot of people will want to see this one.

[User Posted Image]

Apologies for the size, uploaded straight to Dropbox from my iPad so haven't resized
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#53 Posted: 04:41:52 09/11/2012
I just got it.
karl_lugz Green Sparx Gems: 304
#54 Posted: 05:12:40 09/11/2012
its in usa now
---
skylanders - smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#55 Posted: 06:49:16 09/11/2012
Is the treasure different from the battle pack one?
thomas12146 Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#56 Posted: 07:27:52 09/11/2012
Is it free for a limited time only or forever
---
Got smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie 3pk and smilie 3pk.
Not on SSA/G.But on DS
#57 Posted: 14:32:46 09/11/2012
Swarm just killed some trolls
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#58 Posted: 00:19:33 10/11/2012
The game is officially out in the US! It is also now available for all iOS devices, not just iPads! smilie
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#59 Posted: 02:32:56 10/11/2012
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Ah, thanks!

(Seven posts up)
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#60 Posted: 03:40:04 10/11/2012
My skyland is coming along nicely
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#61 Posted: 05:35:19 10/11/2012
Quote: thomas12146
Is it free for a limited time only or forever

I imagine it would be free forever. They make their money by:

* Encouraging people to buy more figures in "real life" to get the specific Skylanders they want in the game, have access to the Element-of-the-Day, and get more energy.

* Getting players to purchase gems to get specific Skylanders they don't own or may never own in real life (like some of the legendaries), to get premium buildings / airships / etc.
skylanders100 Green Sparx Gems: 388
#62 Posted: 10:09:32 10/11/2012
this released where i live plays lost islands
---
come join my beyblade metal fury role play
thomas12146 Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#63 Posted: 12:59:11 10/11/2012
Does it work on ipad mini
---
Got smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie 3pk and smilie 3pk.
Not on SSA/G.But on DS
#64 Posted: 14:53:05 11/11/2012
A few more things about the game -

=====

As I mentioned in a post a little further down, there are elemental-specific quests (the first unlocks around Kingdom Level 6 or 7 for any element that you have at least one unlocked Skylander in) and character-specific quests (the first one unlocks when a character reaches Hero Level 5.) Rewards are minor (a small amount XP and a gem or two per quest), but they'll add up if you have enough characters.

The second quest in each element and the second or third quest for each character always seems to require going on the longest adventure for that element, which requires 22 hours and at least Hero Level 8.

=====

It doesn't take too long to get very "Farmville"-like, with artificial restrictions and long time delays between building harvests to slow down your progress. After unlocking the first extra island (which takes Kingdom Level 8 or so, along with 5,000 coins and 24 hours), you need an additional ten hours and 5,000 Energy to restore the Magic Shrine on that island. It probably forces you to pick the Magic island first because you need a Skylander of that element to restore the shrine and EVERYONE will have Spyro.

You can choose which of the other seven islands you want to unlock after that based off of the elemental shrine you want or can access from your collection - the second island has a 50,000 Coin cost, and they probably only go up from there.

=====

If you have multiple quests active at the same time that require the same object, getting that object once will count for ALL quests. This can be really helpful for things like hammers from the Blacksmith, which requires 8 hours per harvest. So the faster you can get multiple characters to Level 5, the better your chances to be able to double-dip on overlapping quests.

This might also mean it's useful to buy and keep decoration objects like Water Wells and Palm Trees on display; I've seen a few different ones that need those. Not sure if still having them will count or if you need to place NEW ones on those quests - I've been doing the quest and immediately selling all the objects for half price because I don't have the space to display them!

=====

Common sense, but don't EVER waste your gems on finishing a building or quest early - each gem only speeds up the assignment by a maximum of FOUR MINUTES. So a two-hour quest would require 30 Gems to instantly complete. (It "maxxes out" at 200 Gems, but it's still a complete waste of resources.)

The Shearing Hut at Level 10 (increases the Sheep Mob benefits to give +5 Energy and +100 Kingdom XP per sheep) takes a whopping 48 Hours to build. Good thing you'll only ever need one of those!
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#65 Posted: 15:47:52 11/11/2012
This app is awesome!!!!!

I'm playing it on my iPod Touch and it's so addicting!!!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#66 Posted: 21:01:05 11/11/2012
Quote:
After unlocking the first extra island (which takes Kingdom Level 8 or so, along with 5,000 coins and 24 hours), you need an additional ten hours and 5,000 Energy to restore the Magic Shrine on that island. It probably forces you to pick the Magic island first because you need a Skylander of that element to restore the shrine and EVERYONE will have Spyro.

Grrr, I know. I wanted the Tech Island as I was eyeing that from the start and Tech is my absolute favorite Element, so I was disappointed when I was forced to buy the Magic one, and now the Tech one will cost 50,000...
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#67 Posted: 00:53:28 12/11/2012
Wait until you progress further and you will be complaining worse. I have 6/9 islands, my 7th one will cost 750,000
#68 Posted: 03:42:34 12/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Grrr, I know. I wanted the Tech Island as I was eyeing that from the start and Tech is my absolute favorite Element, so I was disappointed when I was forced to buy the Magic one, and now the Tech one will cost 50,000...

Just make sure you look for the cracked "elemental symbol" on the shrine on the island - it'd be annoying to spend 50K for Island #3 (or 150K for Island #4, or possibly +200K for each one after that, not sure of the exact progression rate) and guess wrong!

You actually can't SEE the Tech Symbol because the "buy island" icon is right on top of it, but by process of elimination, the islands have to be:
Life - Earth - Air
Water - (Center) - Undead
Tech - Magic - Fire

Quote: Alliana
Wait until you progress further and you will be complaining worse. I have 6/9 islands, my 7th one will cost 750,000

750K for Island #7 would take a while - the problem will be keeping enough energy in reserve to pay for all those missions without having to use a small fortune to accumulate the energy!

But then, number-crunching is always half the reason I play these games. If you go on a thousand one-hour missions, you'd earn 1,450,000 Gold at the cost of 240,000 Energy. Using one-hour crops, you could get that much energy at the cost of about 725,000 Gold, with a better "return over investment" by being able to use the Element of the Day. (Having some Radiant Energy Fields is sounding like a pretty good long-term thing to put gems toward!)

Still not sure if the shrines will be cost-effective to ever use, with their mammoth 5,000 Energy/Use requirement. Depends on how much energy the 12-hour missions cost to go on by comparison (I don't have anyone Hero Level 7+ yet to check), how much of a bonus you get for sending a high-level Skylander on a Shrine Quest, and if they're affected by the Element-of-the-Day. They also have the advantage of being a "free mission" that doesn't need a balloon pad.

I'll just be happy when I unlock a few islands so I can have a "Shrine Island," a "Mabu Housing Island" and a "Community Building Island." Then I could decorate the central island a little more artistically - right now, I don't have any spare space for decorations!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:06 12/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#69 Posted: 18:40:48 12/11/2012
Quote: Alliana
Managed to get the video to come up a second time, got some screen shots this time.

Guess a lot of people will want to see this one.

[User Posted Image]

Apologies for the size, uploaded straight to Dropbox from my iPad so haven't resized

why it's S1 royal double trouble and not S2 double trouble?
---
THE END IS NEAR
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#70 Posted: 20:01:29 12/11/2012
Dang it, doesn't work with Iphone 3G.
#71 Posted: 21:07:34 12/11/2012
Btw, game use the internal clock. So u can cheat the game into thinking 1-2 hours/days passed just changing your clock day/time.
gillgrunt987 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7627
#72 Posted: 16:32:51 16/11/2012
This means one thing... WALLETS OVER DA WORLD: RIP
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#73 Posted: 21:44:39 16/11/2012
Quote: lushipur
Btw, game use the internal clock. So u can cheat the game into thinking 1-2 hours/days passed just changing your clock day/time.

I remember when Smurf's Village did this. Then they caught on and Papa Smurf would scold you. Then they started taking your Smurfs away.

At some point Eon or the advisor will get on your case for cheating and penalize you I'm sure.
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
#74 Posted: 22:25:36 16/11/2012
i'm using that cheat.

i can't wait for eon to yell at me.
#75 Posted: 22:50:34 16/11/2012
Quote: ZapNorris

Sounds more like a Kaos act, honestly. I can't really see Eon "yelling" at anyone.

But I could totally believe:

Kaos: "What's THIS? GLUMSHANKS! Do I see a Portal Master ... CHEATING? HAH! Everyone knows only ONE Portal Master is allowed to cheat, and that is I ... KAOS! I ALSO can't stand competition! So I'll just use my Powers of Powerful Powerness to REFORMAT YOUR IPAD! HAHAHAAHAAHAHA -- what do you MEAN I can't do that?!? Okay, fine. I'll just permanently set your energy ... to ZERO! No more adventures for YOU!"

Eon: "If you wish to continue your adventures, Portal Master, you'll need to remove and reinstall the Lost Islands application. And pay a little more respect to the rules of TIME on your next attempt!"
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#76 Posted: 02:32:13 17/11/2012
Quote: skyoutube
This app is awesome!!!!!

I'm playing it on my iPod Touch and it's so addicting!!!

I seriously have not touched DragonVale since I downloaded it.....
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#77 Posted: 03:41:32 17/11/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon

Sounds more like a Kaos act, honestly. I can't really see Eon "yelling" at anyone.

Kaos: "What's THIS? GLUMSHANKS! Do I see a Portal Master ... CHEATING? HAH! Everyone knows only ONE Portal Master is allowed to cheat, and that is I ... KAOS! I ALSO can't stand competition! So I'll just use my Powers of Powerful Powerness to REFORMAT YOUR IPAD! HAHAHAAHAAHAHA -- what do you MEAN I can't do that?!? Okay, fine. I'll just permanently set your energy ... to ZERO! No more adventures for YOU!"

Eon: "If you wish to continue your adventures, Portal Master, you'll need to remove and reinstall the Lost Islands application. And pay a little more respect to the rules of TIME on your next attempt!"

Very well done! smilie
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
Nicko542 Green Sparx Gems: 144
#78 Posted: 09:47:39 19/11/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon

Hahaha that was awesome, I loved it. But seriously do you think they will catch on and punish those who manipulated time to their advantage? How would they even find out?
#79 Posted: 10:20:12 19/11/2012
Quote: Nicko542
But seriously do you think they will catch on and punish those who manipulated time to their advantage? How would they even find out?

I don't really expect it to happen - it's a single player experience, so it doesn't really affect anyone else if you decide to speed through the game. All it means is you'll lose interest and make yourself bored faster. smilie

But if they implement multiplayer, social aspects to the game in future releases, I could see them starting to play "hardball" against players manupulating time to their advantage. As to HOW they could do it, that's pretty easy. Consider this scenario:

They release a patch this week to fix "quick bugs" like the In Use issue, missing villagers, inability to register Spyro or (for some people) multiple versions of the same Skylander, etc.

They also know there's a mandatory update planned for the future - let's say January 15th, 2013 for example - where they'll add in the other variants, Hot Dog and the other Giants.

So in this week's quick fix patch, they code a "time bomb" event into the game. After you've gone through sixty in-game days of play, Kaos "freezes" the island in place and you can't break the spell without the help of the lost powers of Ninjini, Thumpback and Eye-Brawl. In other words, you can't play any more until that mandatory patch is downloaded.

As long as you're playing normally you'll never see this event (as long as you download the patch when it's available and iTunes doesn't screw up it's release big time), or if you do, you'll be able to download the patch right away. But if you accelerate through weeks of time, you'll suddenly find yourself unable to play the game unless you restart or wait for that patch, giving the rest of the world time to catch up with you.

Again, I don't expect it (and I also don't know of any patch planned this week to fix issues, heh), but that's one way they could easily catch the "Time Bandits" in action if they wanted to.
Nicko542 Green Sparx Gems: 144
#80 Posted: 10:58:53 19/11/2012
Are I see good point. I was thinking after my previous post that the game might save how many daily events your lost island has gone through and if it had been more daily rewards saved then there have been days of the game being out and released, then they would be able to see this and and implement a cheater punishment of some kind.
#81 Posted: 11:39:42 19/11/2012
The social functionality are in progress as U can see in the menĂ¹.
I must suppose that sooner or later they will synch the game to a server clock like most of the ville games.
I just hope they dont put mandatory an internet connection.

Btw if U jump forward in the future, U just get things quicker. But if U set your clock back , the game already punish U by counting all the time U stole.
Ex: a common house needs 1 min to give exp. If U jump 1 hour, collect, come back 1h. The house will need 1h and 1min to give exp.
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#82 Posted: 19:34:27 21/11/2012
Quote: lushipur
Btw if U jump forward in the future, U just get things quicker. But if U set your clock back , the game already punish U by counting all the time U stole.
Ex: a common house needs 1 min to give exp. If U jump 1 hour, collect, come back 1h. The house will need 1h and 1min to give exp.

Yep, just did this. It will be weeks before ol' Spyro finishes Perilous Pastures.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#83 Posted: 19:53:05 21/11/2012
Well played. Nice to see them anticipate and punish haxors.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#84 Posted: 19:58:15 21/11/2012
I still dont understand why u call this hax or thinks this need punishment.
I works and i cant play much. When i have some time i just push the clock a few hours in the future.
I play now because i cant play later. Its not like i get extra time or money. I just get it sooner.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#85 Posted: 20:07:24 21/11/2012
Well it's something you're doing that is fooling the game. I work too. I collect when I can. Thats the point if you just time travel thru the whole thing. Makes the game kinda pointless. Therefore I am glad the makers discourage this so people might actually just enjoy the nifty game for what it is.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:08 21/11/2012 by ThePunchPopFizz
#86 Posted: 21:18:49 21/11/2012
I really doubt the programmer thinked this through. The game just do simple math. Its easier to let the counter work this way than do some control. And just think about ppl that fly. Ever eard of time zone? If i travel from london to rome back and forth i have to change the clock. It would be stupid to penalize someone for this.

Said that.

Everyone plays like he wants. I thinks its worse to use the reset cheat in giants to cap the money than this one. But i dont see much ppl complaining for that.
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#87 Posted: 22:14:06 21/11/2012
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
Well it's something you're doing that is fooling the game. I work too. I collect when I can. Thats the point if you just time travel thru the whole thing. Makes the game kinda pointless. Therefore I am glad the makers discourage this so people might actually just enjoy the nifty game for what it is.

I just played around with the clock some more. If you advance past the collection time but do not collect, then you shift back to real time (or past time, or whenever), you can collect and it's as though you never shifted the clock. So really, you can buy an island, change the clock forward, change the clock back, and collect. You may or may not have to log into the game for it to register the time change forward, but the good news is that my Spyro is back from his month long vacation in Perilous Pastures!
#88 Posted: 00:05:34 22/11/2012
In the end, they probably won't do anything major to stop cheating even when the social aspects come into the game. It doesn't improve their financial status by making an experience where you can't cheat (apart from encouraging more Gem sales), and it just means the player will get bored faster and need to spend money on something else. Activision's hoping that something else is more Skylanders figures or different games.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#89 Posted: 03:52:21 24/12/2012
What I'm hoping to see in Lost Islands is compatibility with Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds. You send Skylanders on adventures, and the Adventure Airship even says Cloud Patrol on it. Why not send them on special adventures at say, level 10? They can be sent to your Cloud Patrol or Battlegrounds game in which you can complete special missions on that game. This would also encourage players to buy the other two apps.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#90 Posted: 23:25:28 17/01/2013
Wht is the max level for giants? I have gotten several regular skylanders to 10, but not yet any giants. Do they only go to ten or can they go higher?
#91 Posted: 19:07:46 18/01/2013
Just 10 like the other
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#92 Posted: 01:20:07 29/01/2013
Quote: fireofexile
What I'm hoping to see in Lost Islands is compatibility with Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds. You send Skylanders on adventures, and the Adventure Airship even says Cloud Patrol on it. Why not send them on special adventures at say, level 10? They can be sent to your Cloud Patrol or Battlegrounds game in which you can complete special missions on that game. This would also encourage players to buy the other two apps.

I was thinking the same thing, great idea.

It's funny how they use the plants from Spyro's Universe. I think they could use all the same trees, buildings, themes, etc. I would really like to theme the islands in Lost Islands. In Universe you only have one island and have to choose. They could also put the minigames from Universe into Lost Islands pretty easily I think. Same concept.

Last but not least, I think the ruins you have to clear out off the islands are cool and would like to buy some (with gold!) to put back on my islands. Am I the only one who likes the broken junk and even gravel and swamp grass.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#93 Posted: 11:58:39 29/01/2013
I don't like the "broken junk" only because it takes up space, but as a decoration I would love that.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#94 Posted: 17:30:51 11/02/2013
Eye Brawl's house and the Valentine House are new in the store
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#95 Posted: 19:18:22 16/02/2013
Bad news with last update: Leveling up to lvl 10 now only awards 1 gem instead of 3. Sorry if you are new, but you are going to be way short on gems. I saved up 1000 from leveling and questing which I will spend on the Giant houses. I had 5 or 6 not at level 10 yet.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#96 Posted: 06:00:35 25/06/2013
My islands are really sad... And I've been playing this for months on end... I only have three islands, and almost all of them are bare...
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#97 Posted: 04:20:33 12/07/2013
Random fact I didn't have anywhere else to put, but didn't want to start a new thread for:
It takes 13,305 Mabu to have one of each of the community buildings.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#98 Posted: 14:51:54 29/08/2013
Quote:
Skylanders: Lost Islands - Everything we know about Lost Islands (21/10/12) - Post discovered info here!

I have discovered that this game can be addicting! smilie
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Asherma1 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#99 Posted: 10:15:21 16/09/2013
Warning lost islands Is down today
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#100 Posted: 12:10:15 16/09/2013
HMMMMMM
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me