First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
what are the battle packs? [CLOSED]
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#51 Posted: 04:02:13 22/07/2012
Quote: CAV

--------------------------------------

I also personally believe that online should've been added this time around, as it would not only make co-op more fun, but it would also give the battle modes more reason to exist, since it's impossible to play without another player (and I'm usually the only one in the house playing Skylanders). Online would extend the use of these things, and therefore extend the replay value of the game overall. I haven't touched Skylanders in several months. If the game had online, I'd probably still be playing it. And if Giants had online, I might have felt more inclined to buy it.

Tell me Aura: With that last paragraph there, am I being immature too? Am I trolling?

now now, you have good points, but no need to be tense.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#52 Posted: 11:04:16 25/07/2012
All this online blahdeblah...

Skylanders manages excellently as being cross platform capable..I don't know of many games that you can take your "save" from one platform and go duke it out with a mate on another. But as yet there is minimal online gaming that is cross platform, and if the Wii is the main platform, online gaming is not going to prove a huge emphasis for the devs...beyond the PC online "skyangry-birdlander1.1" meets " sim-realm " thingy...

This game lacks an online component itself, the online pc element aside, and this is appealing to parents who like the fact that to play someone you still need to get in the same room as them.

Lastly online gaming brings out the WORST in many people. I play BF3 on pc, belong to a clan and admin a server - and many peoples online behaviour, chat, language etc is just plain wrong, not to mention a total lack of sportsmanship in some areas...children shouldn't have to deal with that regardless.

I appreciate that it is frustrating in an age of instant access to the world gaming arenas that you can't hop on and slap someone silly 100s of miles away with your favourite skylander, that you can't coop with a mate or relative who can't make it to your house or is overseas...there's other games to do that with.
But it is nice to have a decent game still that requires you go and see the friend you wanna play with/against...isn't that a good thing is this day and age, and isn't that a good thing for young 'uns?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#53 Posted: 11:41:01 25/07/2012
You have to remember that the majority of people that play Skylanders are children, also, you could just have no chat....
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#54 Posted: 14:23:10 25/07/2012
But you can still send friend requests and PM via the XMB or the xBox guide no?
#55 Posted: 08:47:34 26/07/2012
thats the thing, activision just doesnt want to deal with the overall "what if" and "well you can make it so THIS console"
---
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#56 Posted: 11:30:02 26/07/2012
They could simply make it so the name of the person you are playing with is hidden :/
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#57 Posted: 14:28:31 26/07/2012
I think that Activision has probably said this. We have to get this game out before the holidays and we need to have production of figures ramped up as much as possibly at that time to meet holiday sales expectations. That means they have to create a cookie cutter game that uses the same engine they originally used. That means more of the same with the new addition being Giants and a new story that is probably derivative. The implementation of an online component would have brought this game to new heights. I think they realize they have this iteration of the game to prove things out with the battle packs. I think they'll have more offline multiplayer battle levels this time around to quiet the multiplayer fans. But they will have to revamp the engine for Wii-U and the other new consoles. The graphics will improve and it will mature as a game. I don't think this game will survive without a online battle mode. I'd love to see 4 player battle royales. I'd love to see things like Capture the Flag or any of the classic styles of gameplay. Activision should be taking a page from it's sister company Blizzard and World of Warcraft. That game is 1000's of times more complex. Throw some bodies at this newly popular franchise and elevate it to the next level. I wouldn't be surprised to see Skylanders Online in the future to be honest. I think this franchise is getting complacent before it's even reached it's max potential. I think that customization of characters should exist for the online game. I think they should start implementing downloadable content. I think the whole figure collecting idea is great. I think it's cool to collect the toys, but I think the gimmick factor is going to wear off. If they were smart, they'd switch to a cheaper collecting method such as cards to allow people to collect more. Make them nice plastic holographic cards. Have them come in 3-5 packs randomly and charge 10 dollars a pack. That would equate to 2 dollars a figure and people wouldn't have 250 figures strewn about their rooms. I'm not saying you stop making figures, but their first spinoff should be Skylanders Online and have it have over 50 characters old/new and make it strictly online...and create a co-op online mode, multiplayer battle mode and just have 20-30 different styles of battle. Just follow the World of Warcraft blueprint for player vs player. Have your characters level up and put RFID chips on the cards. There ya go Activision. Now get to it.

I think this is the sort of thing that tons of people would love to see. I just blabbed on off the top of my head ideas. Sorry if it's all convoluted...it is 7am here and I am just waking up.

I think as a group everyone of us should be working to create a want list of how to make the perfect Skylanders game. We are the biggest community for Skylanders and they listen...somewhat. So lets create their next franchise game for them. What do you all think?

On a sidenote. For you "forum police". Dark52 has said to leave the police work up to him. So lets keep on topic and have some good discussions.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#58 Posted: 14:34:07 26/07/2012
Quote:
But it is nice to have a decent game still that requires you go and see the friend you wanna play with/against...isn't that a good thing is this day and age, and isn't that a good thing for young 'uns?

Yeah, but... Ummm... What about those of us who have nobody nearby to play with, who like, or even know about Skylanders, and just want to play a few good matches? smilie

Kids will still play offline... The majority of them probably won't even know about the online, or will choose to visit eachother anyway... If they don't, they will chat with eachother about their battles the next day. Add online for a win-win situation... There's no downside to it. And it would solve the worst problem of the series, lack of replayability per character.

Right now, my sister doesn't even know I have Skylanders(not like she'd play with me). Because if I told her she would tell me I was a spoiled brat. So I only play it when she goes out.

Right now, to me, it's just "When she goes out and I have nothing better to do or have a cool character I'll sneak it out". If online was in... I would play it CONSTANTLY.

As a single player experience, or playing with parents who absolutely suck at it, Skylanders suffers. With online, it could become something truly magical. Online should have been in the zeroth game.
#59 Posted: 08:29:31 04/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Quote:

Yeah, but... Ummm... What about those of us who have nobody nearby to play with, who like, or even know about Skylanders, and just want to play a few good matches? smilie

Kids will still play offline... The majority of them probably won't even know about the online, or will choose to visit eachother anyway... If they don't, they will chat with eachother about their battles the next day. Add online for a win-win situation... There's no downside to it. And it would solve the worst problem of the series, lack of replayability per character.

Right now, my sister doesn't even know I have Skylanders(not like she'd play with me). Because if I told her she would tell me I was a spoiled brat. So I only play it when she goes out.

Right now, to me, it's just "When she goes out and I have nothing better to do or have a cool character I'll sneak it out". If online was in... I would play it CONSTANTLY.

As a single player experience, or playing with parents who absolutely suck at it, Skylanders suffers. With online, it could become something truly magical. Online should have been in the zeroth game.

tell her to shut her trap smilie how's it her business that you have some plastic figures?

anyway, i think xero's idea is GENIUS. XERO, TYPE OUT THAT THING AND FRICKEN MAIL IT TO ACTIVISION/CUSTOMER SERVICE. skylanders needs to have a better system, not a money-earning-intention, well, make it so that money isnt the only thing they are looking at.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me