Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > If Spyro, Flame, Malefor, Elora, Ember, & Cynder had kid...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
If Spyro, Flame, Malefor, Elora, Ember, & Cynder had kid... [CLOSED]
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#51 Posted: 18:35:20 26/03/2011
I'm certainly gonna wanna read that at some point. You're mind has some whacky concepts in it. :D
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 18:35:27 26/03/2011
@Razz: Alright then!smilie

I don't find it repulsive in the slightest.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#53 Posted: 18:43:24 26/03/2011
Shrazer: Heh, it comes from being monstrously bored while playing games. smilie The gameplay in ANB left so much to be desired that my brain just starting coming up with ways to make the game a) more fun and b) more interesting by trying to make sense out of it's goofy game logic. smilie

SB: I'm with you about the nature of this topic. It's more silly than anything else.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#54 Posted: 18:44:45 26/03/2011
Quote: Razz
Haha, dragons reproduce by budding! smilie

When ANB had come out, I actually came up with a fairly complex theory about their culture and reproductive habits being based around crystals, but I'm too lazy to write it all down now.

That would be strange and funny at the same time.

That sounds interesting. For some reason, after reading that last piece, Avatar came to mind.
#55 Posted: 18:47:03 26/03/2011
Shrazer: Heh, it comes from being monstrously bored while playing games. smilie The gameplay in ANB left so much to be desired that my brain just starting coming up with ways to make the game a) more fun and b) more interesting by trying to make sense out of it's goofy game logic. smilie

SB: I'm with you about the nature of this topic. It's more silly than anything else.

It IS a topic by matesds!smilie
---
#56 Posted: 18:50:21 26/03/2011
Dang, you guys are going to make me remember my crystal-based life theory for LoS, aren't you? smilie I'll have to do it when Stoker's not gaming right beside me.
#57 Posted: 18:54:11 26/03/2011
I'm not trying to force it on you. It just sounds interesting is all.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#58 Posted: 19:06:36 26/03/2011
Shrazer: Heh, it comes from being monstrously bored while playing games. :D The gameplay in ANB left so much to be desired that my brain just starting coming up with ways to make the game a) more fun and b) more interesting by trying to make sense out of it's goofy game logic. :D

Same here, though I find TEN is another story. XD
#59 Posted: 19:13:33 26/03/2011
Wait, what's goin' on?
---
#60 Posted: 19:15:58 26/03/2011
Aw, heck, I probably won't remember to do this later, so here's what I remember of it. Mind, this is all more or less just my vague recollection of some of this stuff. At the time, I had come up with quite a number of Spyro stories set in all of the universes from the franchise (with a few crossovers) and ranging in their logical connection to the games (some stories were working very close to canon, others were just thought experiments, and one or two were cooked up solely to please the unwashed masses clamoring for smut).

Children and Guardians
Dragons don't have a child/parent relationship. All children are cared for by all adults in the area. This is a result of biological relationships being nonexistent. No dragon has a specific mother and father, ergo, all dragons feel responsible for the young. It's not uncommon for an adult to have a close parental relationship with one or two specific youngsters (ex: Ignitus being a mentor/father to Spyro) but all young are treated fairly by the older dragons.

Casts and Species
Using the original Spyro game as a base, I figured there were around four kinds of dragons in LoS, each with specific characteristics. The dragons we were dealing with in the games were the Peace Keeper/Guardian variant, who are a warrior cast that defend the borders of dragon lands. I didn't really spend much time figuring out the other kinds of dragons beyond deciding that the Beast Makers would be Caretakers and they were the ones in charge of tending eggs and delivering those eggs to their proper places. The Caretakers could tell what kind of dragon was in an egg before it hatched and would deliver them to the best people to raise the newborns (thus, when Ignitus is worrying over the future of dragonkind, it's not because there are no other dragons, just that there are no new Guardians being born which will put the whole realm in danger).

Obviously, hatchlings are raised from birth in their proper casts. If things had turned out right, Spyro and Cynder would have been trained to fight and grow up as Guardians like their elders with a horde of other little dragons. Physically, Spyro and Cynder are Guardian dragons and don't resemble any of the other casts (who would all look very different).

Biology
Dragons are crystal-based life forms. The big lumps of crystals scattered around (Ignitus called them "gifts of the Ancestors") are literally what becomes of dragons when they die. In recent times, thanks to Malefor's meddling and the world nearing the end of its current cycle, most creatures "alive" have become corrupted and are made out of crystals as well, using up the magic in the world that, in better times, would have created more dragons. (It's a sign of the world dying that this is happening and ties in with some other things I had sorted out for LoS-based stories.)

I had two versions of the reproduction theory for LoS, one which went by the usual method (a mating happens and eggs are laid where the Caretakers can look after them and the parents go back to doing their jobs). The other, like with the classic games, involves a specific time (say, every few years) when there's enough magic in the world for eggs to simply appear (probably because enough dragons have died and released their power back into the world as they moved on to the spirit realm). When the eggs arrive, Caretakers find them and deliver them where they need to be.

There's an entirely different theory for the Insomniac games I went by (which explained how there could be new dragons when the species appears to be gender neutral and also allows for Spyro and Elora to have kids even though he doesn't have the parts and one of her kids was with a universe-hopping baby Cynder smilie).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:59 26/03/2011 by Razz
#61 Posted: 19:21:07 26/03/2011
That's a cool piec of mythology you have worked up, Razz!smilie

The way adults treat the young reminds me of a book I'm currently reading.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:21:25 26/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#62 Posted: 19:45:40 26/03/2011
Thanks. smilie It was the only way I could make sense of the Guardians having all those eggs in the middle of a war zone, that's for sure. smilie

Ooo, what book?
#63 Posted: 19:49:50 26/03/2011
I just assumed it was Easter! X3

It's called "Things Fall Apart". I have to read it as part of a school assignment, and review it. Don't know if you would of heard of it. I think it's a moderately well known book.
---
#64 Posted: 20:00:28 26/03/2011
That's pretty cool. You basically tried to fix any plotholes made by ANB and Classic Spyro.

And with the biology theroies, being the scientific nerdy self I am, I'd go with the first one. :B

Although that last piece about Spyro and Elora kinda confused me. Universe hopping baby Cynder? Wha?
#65 Posted: 20:02:44 26/03/2011
Quote:
Although that last piece about Spyro and Elora kinda confused me. Universe hopping baby Cynder? Wha?

It's related to her fanfictions, I think... :B
---
#66 Posted: 20:04:32 26/03/2011
Ah. I didn't read all of them.
#67 Posted: 21:00:41 26/03/2011
Yeah, it was a thought exercise I never wrote. It revolved around Dark Cynder's good side being launched into another universe (the good side being cute little Cynder). Elora found her and tried to take care of her but, at least to Elora, Cynder died anyway (this was really her going back to her real world and body after Spyro killed her in ANsmilie. The faun was so heart broken that her own love for Cynder created Cinerea, her oldest daughter (this all took place during the Year of the Dragon and Elora had been feeling a bit sad about it all, knowing she would never have kids but loving Spyro anyway; she got Pyrus and Pylora out of the deal, too).

It's worth noting that the only reason I came up with the normal reproduction theory for LoS was for the sake of the smut fans. When it comes down to it, I am a big supporter of fantasy lands doing things differently (especially when it makes more sense in most cases). You don't even want to know where all of it ultimately was going (though I do take delight in knowing that the Cyndorks who love the filth will never, ever see this one smilie).
no wings5 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#68 Posted: 21:13:53 26/03/2011
Haha, dragons reproduce by budding! smilie

When ANB had come out, I actually came up with a fairly complex theory about their culture and reproductive habits being based around crystals, but I'm too lazy to write it all down now.

Ewwwwwww... I can't imagine an identicle dragon coming right off the side of another.
*shudder*
Especially if that dragon is, spyro. Again, ewwwwww.
---
every saint has a past,
every sinner has a future.
#69 Posted: 21:47:59 26/03/2011
This is the best way to ruin Cynder for everyone, I think. smilie
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#70 Posted: 22:34:08 26/03/2011
a picture of that would be hilarious.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me