Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > so what happens to sparx?!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
so what happens to sparx?! [CLOSED]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#51 Posted: 21:43:48 18/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
That's right...
But, completely different situation to LoS...

^This. Completely different indeed.

And besides, it's more the fact that Sparx is pushed aside just to get Cynder and Spyro alone. If there was no Sparx in the game, no one would be complaining, but to have someone by your side since the start of a game to replace them at the final stage.... Is just wrong.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#52 Posted: 21:43:52 18/02/2011
To me, it doesn't matter why Sparx left. All in all, he did three times, and it only seems to bug certain fans when it happened in DotD. And now he's eliminated, and they're annoyed with the fans complaining. And that's basically what i was trying to explain my last few posts, lol

And they had Sparx through the whole game, you guys, and he left for the end. I don't think that's a big deal. Just my opinion though..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:10 18/02/2011 by Darby
#53 Posted: 21:46:05 18/02/2011
I do, the end is the whole big finale.... Kinda like you helping someone all the way until the final part, then they reap in all the credit, so to speak.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#54 Posted: 21:51:48 18/02/2011
No one complained when Yoshi left Mario at the end of SMG2.....smilie

I can think of TONS of examples too....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#55 Posted: 21:54:08 18/02/2011
It's not the same though.... smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#56 Posted: 21:55:43 18/02/2011
Yoshi wasn't a major character in the plot and hasn't been in numerous Mario games. Sure, you free him at the start, but the story wouldn't collapse if you didn't. As opposed to Sparx- it just feels wrong to cut him out. There is also the possibility Sparx told Hunter where Spyro and Cynder were somehow and he wouldn't have otherwise found them...
#57 Posted: 21:58:18 18/02/2011
No, it is the same....how about Chip in Sonic Unleashed(and Tails)?smilie
---
#58 Posted: 22:00:14 18/02/2011
Nope, completely different, as GM has stated. Chip was only in one game, and Tails isn't Sonic's brother - And in S2, he at least comes to save Sonic in the end.
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#59 Posted: 22:03:10 18/02/2011
Yeah,we are talking about Spyro not other franchises....:/it's different...like Spyroo pointed out.
besides I don't really see why you mentioned that scene in AHT...Sparx just went to get help,he didn't go away completely =/ he was still with Hunter until they saved Spyro...
#60 Posted: 22:03:54 18/02/2011
To put up a rather blank statement- it feels worse when a majorly loved sidekick character is cut out during a game than not having them in it at all. I literally would have preferred if Sparx was gone from DoTD alltogether. Or if he left right before Malefor. In either case, it is a poor excuse.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#61 Posted: 22:05:54 18/02/2011
Did someone say Tails? smilie

Aaaand I see your point, you guys. Like I said, the reason he was taken out of the game (because it was too dangerous) did seem pretty stupid (to some more than others).. But I don't blame fans at all for being upset for Sparx being gone. Sparx had been included in every Spyro game up until now. And how is it a better situation than DotD?

But it doesn't bug me so much in this game, maybe because i'm not too interested in it. I don't know.
But i don't see how this is any less of a 'kick in the face' than DotD taking Sparx away at the end. He's not in this game at all.
Overall, they cut Sparx out at the end of DotD and altogether in this game.

I see where you're coming from, and it makes sense, but that's where I'm coming from smilie

And me, I think the DotD Sparx situation is better than the Skylanders one because they at least included him in the majority of the game, rather than completely eliminating him from existance. So basically, opposite of what GM said. lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:49 18/02/2011 by Darby
#62 Posted: 22:12:57 18/02/2011
I will just conclude that it's because y'all aren't fond of DotD..... =/
---
#63 Posted: 22:14:40 18/02/2011
I doubt it, I've seen fans of DotD agree that it was wrong.

And Darby, I see where you're coming from smilie
For me, it's because I can't stand seeing a character removed just for the purpose of adding in a romantic scene - Particularly when it wasn't needed. At least this way, he can't be removed for another character, so to speak.
---
#64 Posted: 22:19:43 18/02/2011
I still don't see what's so wrong with it.....and "replacing" is DEFINITELY the wrong term.....smilie

Meh, some people just got mushy....I got kinda mushy, but in a good way...
---
#65 Posted: 22:42:54 18/02/2011
Nope.
#66 Posted: 22:47:38 18/02/2011
One thing I will say though.....how many games Sparx has been in does not make a difference to me.....I'm more attacthed to Chip and Conker than I am to Spyro and Sparx.......compare the amount of games they've been in....
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me