Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Do You Think Malefor Will Return?
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Do You Think Malefor Will Return? [CLOSED]
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#51 Posted: 21:05:14 25/12/2010
Somehow, someway, they will bring him back. Just like Ripto when he fell in the lava yet SOMEHOW he managed to live and just popped out of nowhere!

Spyro: Malefor, how can you be back?

Malefor: You see Spyro, I went through the Land of Popsicles and found the Unicorn Boat to get me across Narwhale Sea which then brought me to the Evil Lord Boogers' Castle...!

Spyro: ?
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 21:23:25 25/12/2010
^Win!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9329
#53 Posted: 11:53:06 26/12/2010
^LOL, randomness.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#54 Posted: 21:45:09 01/01/2011
Quote: Cuzzberry
Somehow, someway, they will bring him back. Just like Ripto when he fell in the lava yet SOMEHOW he managed to live and just popped out of nowhere!

Spyro: Malefor, how can you be back?

Malefor: You see Spyro, I went through the Land of Popsicles and found the Unicorn Boat to get me across Narwhale Sea which then brought me to the Evil Lord Boogers' Castle...!

Spyro: ?

Elf quote, there? I love Elf. X3

Anyway, I hope they do something similar to this:

---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#55 Posted: 22:11:21 01/01/2011
^ It could work. But I doubt they'll go through with it. They'll just pull a random character out of their you-know-where and then tell us it's a villian.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#56 Posted: 01:31:41 02/01/2011
smilie
I want a villain who's history is actually revealed, and a reason to why they're evil. I want to be able to be sympathetic towards him/her and yet want to kill him/her at the same time. Does that make sense? smilie
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#57 Posted: 01:57:41 02/01/2011
I think a perfect villian for a new Spyro game would be Spyro's shadow. Like, it would be Spyro, yet all of his bad qualities were magnified into this form. Spyro would be fighting his own dark side. smilie
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
terradortime Green Sparx Gems: 351
#58 Posted: 02:33:06 02/01/2011
that would actually be pretty cool and cynder tries to help spyro her dark side pops up.
---
my sick dragon
http://www.darkspyro.net/images/night/lair/lair-12H5IG337A1-Blackstorm+.jpg
#59 Posted: 02:36:07 02/01/2011
Quote: Darby
smilie
I want a villain who's history is actually revealed, and a reason to why they're evil. I want to be able to be sympathetic towards him/her and yet want to kill him/her at the same time. Does that make sense? smilie

Nah, I'll most likely end up siding with the villian if that was the case, and I would be killing myself in the game so I don't have to kill them. smilie

I kinda want it to be like Heath Ledger's Joker. That the person wants to be evil just to watch the world fall to chaos and anarchy. That makes one awesome villian in my opinion. To not want to do it for vendetta, or greed, or anything of the sort, but to just watch the world burn.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#60 Posted: 06:37:12 02/01/2011
Shadow Link/Shadow Mario...

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Come to think of it, we never really do get any female villians in the Spyro series, apart from Cynder in A New Beginning, maybe this time round there should be a female villian.

Scorceress...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:41:35 02/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#61 Posted: 10:07:16 02/01/2011
Quote: Wylrin
I think a perfect villian for a new Spyro game would be Spyro's shadow. Like, it would be Spyro, yet all of his bad qualities were magnified into this form. Spyro would be fighting his own dark side. smilie

That reminds me of Tomb Raider 1, you get a similar boss like that, before the other two bosses, lol, that's strange, you get like three bosses in one level at the end of that game.
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#62 Posted: 23:07:01 17/01/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Also, even a villain around Spyro's age would be interesting.

That's exactly what I came up with. Well they're not the major villians of my story but still they are villians. I named them Scar and Phoenix. They are servants of Malefor that serve him willingly.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#63 Posted: 03:28:34 18/01/2011
What can we do after the supposed ultimate evil without reviving the same character?
Hmm...
A greater evil which was the real source of Malefor's evil?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
darkhorus Green Sparx Gems: 265
#64 Posted: 20:22:36 18/01/2011
I hope he'll return, and with more power I hope.

Don't you guys think Malefor was defeated a little tooooo easily in DotD? I mean, I don't think a young, little purple dragon like Spyro could defeat a fully powered adult one, like Malefor?

What do you guys think?
#65 Posted: 20:25:26 18/01/2011
The reason Spyro defeated Malefor is because he had a beautiful dragoness with him. Because of this, he gained the power of self-respect, which he used to defeat Malefor.

Thumbs up if you get the reference!smilie
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#66 Posted: 20:30:07 18/01/2011
The reason Spyro defeated Malefor is because he had a beautiful dragoness with him. Because of this, he gained the power of self-respect, which he used to defeat Malefor.

When we walked outside the cinema, from all i could hear there, I deducted that CzechoSlovaks hated the movie

I enjoyed it through! smilie
---
Keep smile
#67 Posted: 20:31:52 18/01/2011
So did I!smilie
---
#68 Posted: 20:48:31 18/01/2011
Aww, that explanation of yours does sound very cute.

However, Malefor is a full grown, adult purple dragon, while Spyro is still a kid, so both Malefor's physical strength and elemental powers should be greater than Spyro's. Plus add to this the fact that Malefor is surrounded by dark magic, which enhances his power even more, there's no way Spyro and Cynder could defeat them.

So let's just keep it at the power of love then, no? smilie
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#69 Posted: 20:52:36 18/01/2011

SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD!!! I officially love you <3
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#70 Posted: 20:54:49 18/01/2011
I was thinking more along the lines of the power of self respect. It's proven to be better...
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
#71 Posted: 21:00:59 18/01/2011
I think that Malefor is going to return, but I hope not. He was way too weak, and they can't just change something now like his disappointing DoTD form. He sounded powerful in ANB and TEN, but in DoTD... One of the weakest bosses I've ever battled. Almost easier than the Forest Temple Zelda bosses which are more like large enemies. :I

Plus, he's a rather boring character now, no? We need a completely new villain...
#72 Posted: 21:06:35 18/01/2011
I don't think he's boring, but I would rather a seductive dragoness villain.
---
#73 Posted: 21:11:04 18/01/2011
There isn't much they can do with him now other than show his past which would probably involve a dragoness and get all smoochy-smoochy. smilie
Hmm... Come to think of it, they should make a game where you pay as Malefor as a last tribute.

"AANND EVEEEN IF YOU LEEAAAVEE ME NOOOOWWWW..."
#74 Posted: 21:14:52 18/01/2011
I used to hate smoochy-smoochy when I was a kid, but now, I either find it enhances the plot, arouses me somewhat, or just gives me lots of oppurtunities to say "Giggity!"
---
#75 Posted: 21:24:49 18/01/2011
But in Spyro? Lolno.
#76 Posted: 21:28:41 18/01/2011
I think Spyro is fine for romance....probably because I'm starting to like dragons in romantic situations more than humans...*shot*
---
#77 Posted: 22:33:45 18/01/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
There isn't much they can do with him now other than show his past which would probably involve a dragoness and get all smoochy-smoochy. smilie
Hmm... Come to think of it, they should make a game where you pay as Malefor as a last tribute.

"AANND EVEEEN IF YOU LEEAAAVEE ME NOOOOWWWW..."

I created a dragoness named Iris. But I did not do what you said happened.

Well unless you count the teenage part of his origin story I'm making.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
cosmos246 Green Sparx Gems: 158
#78 Posted: 23:28:46 18/01/2011
more or less, when malefor was trapped in the worlds heart crystal, the ancestors were the ones that sealled him. so as long as there are the ancestors, i don't think malefor will return, but having a female antagonist would be awsome. smilie
#79 Posted: 23:40:02 18/01/2011
Okay if that logic were true then how come Ganondorf off of the legend of Zelda is able to escape the places he's been sealed in?

Malefor is going to come back I just know it.
---
#80 Posted: 23:42:37 18/01/2011
...Your avatar is cute!:3
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#81 Posted: 06:02:34 19/01/2011
Immortal character's seem to lose their edge...because they don't stay dead...it gets to the point that you lose interest in them. I mean come on..How many time's do we have to see a Dragon Ball Z villain thought to be dead...then come back...get owned and reduced to fodder status.

I designed Jack with that purpose, his nuts and yet somehow one you could feel for, if a criminal settled down and had a family...you bet he would storm in and slaughter the criminal, he likes to often find out back-stories to character's anyway so he can decide if to leave the person or Devour go crazy blood-lust time.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#82 Posted: 09:50:48 19/01/2011
I'm hoping for a villain that's really powerful, and nearly kills Spyro at some point. I mean, I want to see what would Spyro do if he has to face a villain that's seemingly more powerful than him.

Quote: StartheDragon77
Okay if that logic were true then how come Ganondorf off of the legend of Zelda is able to escape the places he's been sealed in?

Malefor is going to come back I just know it.

That's what I'm thinking. He gets stabbed, and he dies many times, even gets sent into a different realm, yet somehow he still manages to come back. xD
However, he's such an awesome villain, and he always makes the games good.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:03:59 19/01/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#83 Posted: 17:54:46 19/01/2011

IDK if you were joking but that would be so cheesy if that turns out to actually have been the case...
But yes Male*** was killed too easily.

I don't get why people think characters need a mate to be able to do anything.
---
#84 Posted: 18:00:51 19/01/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

IDK if you were joking but that would be so cheesy if that turns out to actually have been the case...

I found him hard to beat. I found Cynder easier to beat.
---
#85 Posted: 18:05:04 19/01/2011
All I had to do was spam him with melee. He didn't even aim his elements! Just randomly fired all over and occasionally charged from one side ofthe arena to the other.
---
#86 Posted: 18:13:27 19/01/2011
We aren't really talking about the battle/gameplay itself, but more about Malefor in genaral, how could a fully grown fully powered adult purple dragon lose to a couple of children?
#87 Posted: 18:14:20 19/01/2011
Quote: StartheDragon77

We aren't really talking about the battle/gameplay itself, but more about Malefor in genaral, how could a fully grown fully powered adult purple dragon lose to a couple of children?

I found him hard to beat. I found Cynder easier to beat.

#88 Posted: 18:29:59 19/01/2011
IDK, just one of the crap ways DotD was effed up.

It would have been cooler IMO if Malefor were disembodied and needed to absorb Spyro and Cynder's strength/souls/bodies or whatever to gain his own form back. Ir and even cooler idea would have been if after Iggy died (in a way more fitting to the guardian of fire,ie.NOT in a fire!) Malefor, having watched and planned his death, summoned Iggy's corpse to his lair and inhabited it for the final battle. Man, what a way to mess with the hero's head! To kill the closest he had to a father, than pervert the body with his dark essence and use it against the hero!

God, if an average kid like me can come up with something as sweet as that, imagine what a team of real writers could do! I hope they sacrifice expensive celebrities for writers to make SK! That would make the game SOO much better than LOS! (imo)
---
#89 Posted: 18:59:29 19/01/2011

It would have been cooler IMO if Malefor were disembodied and needed to absorb Spyro and Cynder's strength/souls/bodies or whatever to gain his own form back. Ir and even cooler idea would have been if after Iggy died (in a way more fitting to the guardian of fire,ie.NOT in a fire!) Malefor, having watched and planned his death, summoned Iggy's corpse to his lair and inhabited it for the final battle. Man, what a way to mess with the hero's head! To kill the closest he had to a father, than pervert the body with his dark essence and use it against the hero!

God, if an average kid like me can come up with something as sweet as that, imagine what a team of real writers could do! I hope they sacrifice expensive celebrities for writers to make SK! That would make the game SOO much better than LOS! (imo)

That actually sounds really awesome, and so much more interesting, because you get to see more of what Spyro can do, and his personality.
#90 Posted: 19:01:54 19/01/2011
I like the idea of Malefor taking over Ignitus' dead body, but I don't really like the idea of Malefor needing to absorb Spyro and Cynder. It just seems a bit pointless.

Also, I never had a problem with Ignitus dying in a fire....*shot*
---
#91 Posted: 19:05:15 19/01/2011
I like the idea of Malefor taking over Ignitus' dead body, but I don't really like the idea of Malefor needing to absorb Spyro and Cynder. It just seems a bit pointless.

Also, I never had a problem with Ignitus dying in a fire....*shot*

I did have a problem with it at first, but then after a while, I just couldn't be bothered to worry about it.
#92 Posted: 19:37:08 19/01/2011

Well, normally, fire dragons, like ignitus, would be highly resistant to fire, but the Destroyer's fire wasn't normal fire, it had Dark Magic in it, so not even a fire dragon could survive in it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:30 19/01/2011 by darkhorus
#93 Posted: 19:38:15 19/01/2011
Quote: darkhorus

Well, normally, fire dragons, like ignitus, would be highly resistant to fire, but the Destroyer's fire wasn't normal fire, it had Dark Magic in it, so not even a fire dragon could survive in it.

It seemed like normal fire to me, and I don't remember any of the characters mentioning that it was some type of dark magic.
#94 Posted: 19:44:46 19/01/2011

It seemed like normal fire to me, and I don't remember any of the characters mentioning that it was some type of dark magic.

You're totally right, it looks like normal fire, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been infused with dark magic, magic shouldn't necessarily alter the appearance of things, but rather its properties and effects. However, you're right, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, I just assumed that was the case since as you said before, it's strange that a fire dragon be killed by fire, so I just assume there might have been more to that fire than meets the eye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:31 19/01/2011 by darkhorus
#95 Posted: 19:47:08 19/01/2011

You're totally right, it looks like normal fire, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been infused with dark magic, magic shouldn't necessarily alter the appearance of things, but rather its properties and effects. However, you're right, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, I just assumed that was the case since as you said before, it's strange that a fire dragon be killed by fire, so I just assume there might have been more to that fire than meets the eye

Well you can't really as anything because it will just sound like you're making up an excuse for it.
#96 Posted: 19:48:33 19/01/2011
I don't think it's strange for a fire dragon to die in a fire.
People are under the impression that dragons in LoS are immune to their own element.....but at what point in the trilogy was this actually stated?
So I just think it could be a normal fire....
---
#97 Posted: 19:51:13 19/01/2011
I don't think it's strange for a fire dragon to die in a fire.
People are under the impression that dragons in LoS are immune to their own element.....but at what point in the trilogy was this actually stated?
So I just think it could be a normal fire....

Kind of stupid if you ask me, why did he need to die in the first place, so easily? Probably due to the developers being rushed, when will the publishers understand that rushing the development only makes things worse.
#98 Posted: 19:51:56 19/01/2011
I find it strange. I understand if Iggy got weaker from the fire, but seeing how it's his element, he should've been able to have some sort of immunity to it.

And since he's a fire dragon, he has fire inside of him. Why would fire around him kill him before the fire inside, if fire can kill him?
#99 Posted: 19:52:00 19/01/2011
Well I don't think dragons are totally immune to their own element, but just a bit more resistant to it than others
#100 Posted: 19:54:01 19/01/2011
I don't understand it. Also I remember being in Skelos Badlands, and I thought "Oh hey, Spyro should be immune to this lava" Nope. I kind of wished that he was, at least with the lava. Insomniac was kind of stupid there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:54 19/01/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me