Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > HAHA! Activision Failed!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
HAHA! Activision Failed! [CLOSED]
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#51 Posted: 14:08:34 11/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Actually, what gives the Sonic fanbase a bad name is the extremist Classic fans who start petitions over Sonic's eye colour in Sonic 4...... or who decide to buy Sonic 1 on XBLA on Sonic 4 launch day, as an attempt to boycott Sonic 4......

Personally, the only BAD Sonic game was Sonic 06, and Shadow the Hedgehog was mediocre. Everything else was at least decent.

Well, in the Wii version of TEN, you can skip every single cutscene. I never skipped them by accident, I skip them if I don't want to re-watch them.

off-topic but...
that just happened not so long ago =/....(sure it was ridiculous,but it was only going around this year,when Sonic 4 was announced)
Isn't the main reason Sonic fanbase is given a bad name becouse those creepy fans?(you know those who obsess over the characters and such,I don't want to get into detail cus I find it very disturbing smilie)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 14:26:02 11/12/2010
No, I've been in the fanbase for years, and hardly ever see any actual problems or arguments over "creepy fans". The problem is over-nostalgic fans who want the games to be identical to Sonic 1, or who are still going with the "Mario VS Sonic/Nintendo VS Sega" thing. When Sonic was announced as a playable character for Brawl, people said tons of crazy stuff like "I will destroy my Nintendo/Sega consoles if this is true" or "I will have to kill myself now".

Also, some people are simply scarred by Sonic 06.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#53 Posted: 16:58:20 11/12/2010
Geeeeez, it's amazing how far some fans will take things. o.o
What's so bad about Sonic being a playable character in Brawl? I liked that game smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#54 Posted: 17:15:57 11/12/2010
I love the classic Sonic games, but I also love the newer ones too.

And Sonic in Brawl was a dream come true! I loved using him..... And winding up online players with his 'Ur 2 slooooow' comment. Use it when no one is near you, and watch all 3 players rush over to you smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#55 Posted: 18:36:58 11/12/2010
I also love the old and new Sonic games.

And yes, Sonic in Brawl WAS a dream come true! I was following the game for a while, but when I found out he was in it.......
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! No question, I AM getting this game!!"

Aherm..... but yeah, he's my best character in that game. Guess where my username comes from.....

A majority of people were actually excited for Sonic's appearence in Brawl, including Otacon!.....but not including Snake!
LOL, Snake is a troll!smilie:
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:13:29 11/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#56 Posted: 21:08:56 11/12/2010
AH, that makes sense smilie
I'm pretty sure I'm getting a Wii, and that's one of the first games I'm planning on getting for it. Playing live on it sounds especially fun smilie
Isn't Sonic the only Sonic character in that game?
#57 Posted: 21:12:25 11/12/2010
He's the only playable Sonic character in it, but others make appearences.
And if you want, I could play Brawl with you! I need people to fight in that!smilie
---
#58 Posted: 21:16:00 11/12/2010
That would be awesome!! I'll just need to get the Wii, of course, and set everything up smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#59 Posted: 05:38:03 12/12/2010
Actually, what gives the Sonic fanbase a bad name is the extremist Classic fans who start petitions over Sonic's eye colour in Sonic 4...... or who decide to buy Sonic 1 on XBLA on Sonic 4 launch day, as an attempt to boycott Sonic 4......

Personally, the only BAD Sonic game was Sonic 06, and Shadow the Hedgehog was mediocre. Everything else was at least decent.

Well, in the Wii version of TEN, you can skip every single cutscene. I never skipped them by accident, I skip them if I don't want to re-watch them.

They are a problem. They finally get what they want and still have something to complain about. But the big problem are the furries and the people whom bust into another another fanbase to troll about how Sonic is better than *insert game franchise here*.

I grew up with Sonic. He was my childhood hero, and I highly disagree that Sonic 06 was the only bad game. Let's see:

Sonic 06
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Laybyrinth

Sonic Unleashed just scraps by, since the day stages make up for the terrible Werehog stages.

And please note that I have TEN for the Wii. I can't skip those certain cutscenes.
#60 Posted: 15:48:31 12/12/2010
Sonic 06- Horribly glitch ridden, so it's bad.
SR:ZG- I actually kind of like it. I didn't at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was kind of fun. The first Riders is still better though.
Shadow the Hedgehog- Mediocre, but not bad.
Sonic and the Black Knight- I actually really liked it, except for the multiplayer.
Sonic Shuffle- Haven't played, but it doesn't look terrible. Sure, it rips off Mario Party, but it looks at least mediocre.
Sonic Labyrinth- I found it decent enough. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Sonic Unleashed(Wii)- Day Stages were great, Night Stages were mediocre, although they got kind of fun as they got harder. The Gaia Gate puzzles were also great.
Sonic Unleashed(Xbox 360)- Day stages were flawless, and the Werehog was actually quite fun(more so than GoW).

Well, I can skip most cutscenes in TEN. I use the Classic Controller and just press b. Note that it's only a cutscene if you see a black screen before hand, or if the game "freezes" before it plays. Also, if Spyro only has in game animations, then it's not a cutscene.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:05 12/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#61 Posted: 17:11:55 12/12/2010
I've got Sonic Riders-Zero Gravity from the video store for five days. At first, it was really hard for me to get into and to get the hang of it, but I eventually did and I enjoy it, actually!
And Sonic Unleashed.. I love that game, even though the night stages were a bit repetitive. :3
#62 Posted: 17:14:40 12/12/2010
Sonic Shuffle was kinda boring..... I have it, but I don't think I ever completed it. Which was disappointing, because I was looking forward to a Mario Party game with Sonic smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#63 Posted: 17:15:34 12/12/2010
@Spyroo: Sonic and the Secret Rings should satisfy you!smilie
---
#64 Posted: 17:16:04 12/12/2010
It does, actually smilie
I don't care what anyone says - Those minigames were awesome!
---
#65 Posted: 17:17:30 12/12/2010
@Spyroo: I agree! My favourites were the Crossbow Darts one and the Violon one!
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#66 Posted: 18:18:31 12/12/2010

See, now that is a kickass game. One of my favorites for Wii. But the games I listed are bad.

Sonic 06: Same reasons as you.
Zero-G: Very short, and lacks online play. Lost interest in a week.
Shadow: Very disappointing. Vehicles were god-awful. Glitches made cheap deaths common.
Shuffle: Mindless and boring. Sad attempt at beating Mario Party
Labyrinth: One of the worst games I've ever played. He doesn't even run fast, and it's just mind numbing.
Sonic Unleashed (Wii): Great day stages, poor night stages. Fighting would get repetitive. I never played a GoW game so I wouldn't be able to tell which is better, but I'm sure GoW is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:04 12/12/2010 by CAV
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#67 Posted: 09:53:24 13/12/2010
Quote: CAV

See, now that is a kickass game. One of my favorites for Wii. But the games I listed are bad.

Sonic 06: Same reasons as you.
Zero-G: Very short, and lacks online play. Lost interest in a week.
Shadow: Very disappointing. Vehicles were god-awful. Glitches made cheap deaths common.
Shuffle: Mindless and boring. Sad attempt at beating Mario Party
Labyrinth: One of the worst games I've ever played. He doesn't even run fast, and it's just mind numbing.
Sonic Unleashed (Wii): Great day stages, poor night stages. Fighting would get repetitive. I never played a GoW game so I wouldn't be able to tell which is better, but I'm sure GoW is.

Sonic 06 - Terrible controls... The only good thing is that AM8 had the guts to let Methelis
murder Sonic
Zero-G - Same reasons.
Shadow - I actually enjoyed it a couple of times, but some bits were bad.
Shuffle - Never played.
Labyrinth - Only played a few seconds of it, so an't comment.
Sonic Unleashed - Implausible and not very good.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me