First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Avalar [CLOSED]
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#51 Posted: 12:46:09 11/04/2008
Quote: Aang
I reckon it's better that they keep Avalar and all characters from it far from T.L.o.S...Except Hunter, since they've already mentioned him.

YAY!!! another person understands me!
EmeraldDragon Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#52 Posted: 15:35:14 11/04/2008
I'd like to see what would happen if Ember was there too. Because if Ember loves Spyro and Cynder loves Spyro then there might be a fight. Interesting.
---
Sometimes you have to let go of someone...if they really love you, they'll come back
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#53 Posted: 19:32:55 11/04/2008
yeah!!!
---
Keep smile
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#54 Posted: 19:36:32 11/04/2008
just my point a big fight would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#55 Posted: 23:15:10 11/04/2008
Are you sure it's love? they're only kids...
---
You kicked who in the what now?
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#56 Posted: 08:31:40 13/04/2008
12+ I think..
BLOWHARD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1395
#57 Posted: 00:25:34 04/06/2008
I hope that it takes place in Avalar, although I would like to explore new areas. But with the screen shots it looks like that it is not going to take place in Avalar. The only reason I would really want to take place there is because more charachters would return, other then Hunter. Like Bianica, Elora, and the Proffesor.
---
Awww Spyro
#58 Posted: 03:04:54 04/06/2008
I don't think they'd fit in this kind of world...or game.
---
Anonymous Fodder
#59 Posted: 08:43:28 04/06/2008
i hope they bring a few games with the dark master in them and i also hope spyro and cinder get together tha would be good
Anonymous Fodder
#60 Posted: 08:45:37 04/06/2008
that would be funny and i think love is to cruel
Elbereth Fodder
#61 Posted: 11:16:20 04/06/2008
I think it wouldn't be bad to show Hunter's homeland in some cutscene or maybe make some important quest there on the way to fight the dark master... ya know... maybe Hunter takes Spyro and Cynder there to show them something or to find some map, weapon or some important thing or whatever... and the faun creatures as Elora... dunno I never liked her but maybe if they kinda redesign her, like they does with hunter, she could suit in the theme... it's nonsence to have there those cartoony- style old chars but that's funny... you know that Krome wouldn't do that... they aren't stupid... the new spyro is epic based, kind of fantasy- no moneybags and stupid funny professor... Hunter suits as they made him an epic cheetah warrior (or whateva) and Elora could too I guess...
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#62 Posted: 13:19:57 04/06/2008
Quote: Elbereth
I think it wouldn't be bad to show Hunter's homeland in some cutscene or maybe make some important quest there on the way to fight the dark master... ya know... maybe Hunter takes Spyro and Cynder there to show them something or to find some map, weapon or some important thing or whatever... and the faun creatures as Elora... dunno I never liked her but maybe if they kinda redesign her, like they does with hunter, she could suit in the theme... it's nonsence to have there those cartoony- style old chars but that's funny... you know that Krome wouldn't do that... they aren't stupid... the new spyro is epic based, kind of fantasy- no moneybags and stupid funny professor... Hunter suits as they made him an epic cheetah warrior (or whateva) and Elora could too I guess...

Sorry to bust your bubble, Elbereth, but Krome isn't making this game.
Some other newcomers. By the way, I sorta agree with you about Elora. smilie Good point.
Elbereth Fodder
#63 Posted: 07:16:54 05/06/2008
Yea I kinda figured that when I posted that in... ok so let me repair it smilie... the developers of spyro aren't stupid so I guess they wouldn't make the characters look like they did in the previous games smilie
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#64 Posted: 09:21:33 05/06/2008
The new developer is Etranges Libellules based in France
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
Cillian Drake Fodder
#65 Posted: 16:07:53 06/06/2008
I'd love to see our old characters given an updated look. It wouldn't ruin anything for me.
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#66 Posted: 16:16:15 06/06/2008
Quote: Cillian Drake
I'd love to see our old characters given an updated look. It wouldn't ruin anything for me.

yeah but still
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Elbereth Green Sparx Gems: 365
#67 Posted: 20:31:04 07/06/2008
Quote: Cillian Drake

I kinda agree... it could be good to see some of the old chars redesigned...but not those silly comic ones
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#68 Posted: 00:20:15 08/06/2008
Well some of the areas resemble the home areas in Avalar a bit. Summer Forest definetly. And remember the only connection a new Avalar would have with the old one is having the same name and having Hunter come from it. And don't we see the Dragon Temple in some of the screens? That should at least say the whole game wouldn't take place there.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#69 Posted: 18:26:14 10/06/2008
I just want to see more charachters from the old games return.
---
Awww Spyro
BJ Fodder
#70 Posted: 18:55:55 19/06/2008
Wow, you guys sure don't want anything from the old series back. Not that I've played them, but whatever. Even if nearly EVERYTHING is left behind in the old series, Hunter will be in the new series and it's safe to say that Avalar exist even in the new series. However, if we do see the new Avalar, it will probably have different residents as opposed to anyone from the original series.
BJ Fodder
#71 Posted: 03:21:22 20/06/2008
You know, I was thinking if maybe Hunter will release Spyro and the others out of the crystal and they all awaken in Avalar.
Anonymous Fodder
#72 Posted: 06:43:53 20/06/2008
Quote: Elbereth
the new spyro is epic based, kind of fantasy- no moneybags and stupid funny professor... Hunter suits as they made him an epic cheetah warrior (or whateva) and Elora could too I guess...

Nevertheless, Moneybags could be used as an awesome comic relief character as well as the game's power-up/armor seller, needing only a slight redesign... while the Professor's gadget-making antics would find no place in the new Avalar, I agree.
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#73 Posted: 09:34:04 20/06/2008
Quote: EmeraldDragon
I'd like to see what would happen if Ember was there too. Because if Ember loves Spyro and Cynder loves Spyro then there might be a fight. Interesting.

Me want! smilie
I would love to see Elora in this updated animation! I liked her anyway! smilie
#74 Posted: 12:27:56 21/06/2008
I wanna see...no one but new characters. smilie
---
#75 Posted: 18:43:50 21/06/2008
I want some little animals I can chase around smilie . Not for health boosts mind you, just something extra to do. The little animals crawling on the ground in the last two games didn't take any notice of you.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
BJ Fodder
#76 Posted: 11:48:04 22/06/2008
So despite Hunter being in the game and Avalar existing, does this mean you guys don't want to see anything from the old series?

Note: Pretend I'm an developer interviewing the fans for this question.
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#77 Posted: 13:22:52 22/06/2008
I might like to see Bianca again. If Hunter's a badass, then what would she and Elora be like? Would the professor be a mad scientist?! However, I DON'T want to see Moneybags. What kind of a name is Moneybags anyway?

What kinds of new characters, aside from Malefor could there be??? There probably won't be very many new characters who play a very big/important role in DotD. Just Hunter and DM probably. *sigh*
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#78 Posted: 14:04:23 22/06/2008
Need to see old moneybags again...
---
Keep smile
#79 Posted: 15:33:24 22/06/2008
I hope Hunter still retains his old humor. Thats what really mad Hunter stand out. But I don't want him to be like he was in the Insomniac games, not very brave acting.
---
BJ Fodder
#80 Posted: 03:32:06 29/06/2008
You mean, you guys don't want to see anyone from the old series come back? Not even the world Avalar? Interesting because these type of opinions usually don't happen. Interestingly enough, the fans at Sierra forums are the same way. I wouldn't know, because again, I've never played anything in the old series, so I can't help you out on this. Hmmm... you guys who've played the old games should tell Sierra your feelings about this sort of thing because if you don't, it might be too late.

Also, I wanted to ask you all something. What do you have to say to the fans or fanboys/girls who would dislike the new series for not having any of the old characters or familiar levels or areas?

Man, it's SO FUN to chat with people who experienced Spyro from the start!
#81 Posted: 15:34:16 30/06/2008
I would love to see them bring several people back from the old series. I would also like to see them bring back old worlds like Avalar. Even if they changed the look alot, and made it look evil or like the Dark Master's home I think it would be great to bring back stuff like that. But I would also like to see many new charachters and explore new worlds.
---
Awww Spyro
#82 Posted: 16:51:28 30/06/2008
I want to see Elora too maybe, but she didn't play a very big role in Ripto's Rage, and then she just fell out of the Story. Above all, I MUST see more dragons! Hatchlings, more elders, it doesn't matter, but I need to see that the dragon race is surviving! Maybe at the end the dragons who were killed by Malefor were trapped in another dimention (Convexity) and will be free again.
---
BJ Fodder
#83 Posted: 18:58:17 30/06/2008
Of all characters, dragons will NOT be coming back.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#84 Posted: 19:00:48 30/06/2008
that makes no sence.(neither does my bad spelling)
#85 Posted: 20:00:27 30/06/2008
But the dragons MUST live on! There HAS to be more hatchlings! Even if we don't see it, Spyro and Cynder WILL mate, they HAVE to!
---
BJ Fodder
#86 Posted: 04:47:25 01/07/2008
Anyway, who else would you like to see?
#87 Posted: 15:51:28 01/07/2008
I would like to see the Proffesor return, I really liked him, and maybe SGT.BIRD
---
Awww Spyro
#88 Posted: 15:56:05 01/07/2008
I once said that maybe the professor will help Spyro and Cynder escape.
---
#89 Posted: 03:01:53 02/07/2008
I think that the old charachters should help them escape from some type of danger. That would be cool.
---
Awww Spyro
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#90 Posted: 11:27:49 02/07/2008
As far as I am concern if Avalar does appear in the new game then I will confirm my suspiscions that this whole trilogy was and is indeed a PREQUEL to the original games.

Either way, it doesn't matter whether Sierra, Universal or whoever else in charge of the franchise says it isn't a prequel. I already did all the outlines and made all the connections storywise so no matter what happens I can just adapt my outlines and still make everything fit together seamlessly.
BJ Fodder
#91 Posted: 11:50:39 02/07/2008
It's even obvious that it isn't. The characters from the original trilogy (Spyro, Sparx, and Hunter) all have different personalities.
BJ Fodder
#92 Posted: 11:58:10 02/07/2008
I don't know whether the old characters are coming back or not, but it doesn't look like it so far. It looks like it's going to be just Hunter. And as for Avalar, it may be a land full of cheetahs like how both Tall Plains and Munition's Forge were inhabited by the Atlawa Tribe and the manwersmalls.
#93 Posted: 21:02:30 02/07/2008
I saw a you tube video about the Spyro timeline saying that old Spyro is New Spyro's son. Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_wKBK-FZM
---
#94 Posted: 21:28:49 02/07/2008
I think the manwersmalls have taken the place of the Professor as the moles in the story. I wouldn't mind if we saw Sheila again. But I think the most suitable old char is Elora.
---
#95 Posted: 14:48:16 03/07/2008
Quote: jamieque
As far as I am concern if Avalar does appear in the new game then I will confirm my suspiscions that this whole trilogy was and is indeed a PREQUEL to the original games.

Either way, it doesn't matter whether Sierra, Universal or whoever else in charge of the franchise says it isn't a prequel. I already did all the outlines and made all the connections storywise so no matter what happens I can just adapt my outlines and still make everything fit together seamlessly.

I don't think that this series took place before the original games. That doesn't make any since. They show him growing older when in the original games he was young.
---
Awww Spyro
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12406
#96 Posted: 18:47:00 03/07/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA
I saw a you tube video about the Spyro timeline saying that old Spyro is New Spyro's son. Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_wKBK-FZM

Thats the was the person's thoughts about it,its NOT official smilie
#97 Posted: 08:52:50 04/07/2008
Quote: BJ
You mean, you guys don't want to see anyone from the old series come back? Not even the world Avalar? Interesting because these type of opinions usually don't happen. Interestingly enough, the fans at Sierra forums are the same way. I wouldn't know, because again, I've never played anything in the old series, so I can't help you out on this. Hmmm... you guys who've played the old games should tell Sierra your feelings about this sort of thing because if you don't, it might be too late.

Also, I wanted to ask you all something. What do you have to say to the fans or fanboys/girls who would dislike the new series for not having any of the old characters or familiar levels or areas?

Man, it's SO FUN to chat with people who experienced Spyro from the start!

I'm on Sierra, and I DON'T want to see any other old characters return, except possibly Elora, because she, I suppose, could be changed to fit. My main problem with it is most of the characters are too high-tech or modern to work well in T.L.o.S.
I'd say play the old games if you don't like the old ones. Problem fixed. If T.L.o.S doesn't appeal to them, and they've given it a fair chance, then maybe they shouldn't play them. If I sound harsh, sorry, but I'm sure that even if everything else is terrible to them, there must be SOMETHING that draws them in or they wouldn't keep chatting about it or playing it. Wishing it was different makes no miracles.
Oy, I played it from the start, I prefer T.L.o.S....and was that sarcasm?
---
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#98 Posted: 09:05:20 04/07/2008
the map on this i think this is where the game takes place
#99 Posted: 09:19:19 04/07/2008
Maybe...probably.
---
BJ Fodder
#100 Posted: 12:17:41 04/07/2008
Very well put, Aang. Good job! I hope the people at Sierra hears you out.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me