Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Spyro Anime [CLOSED]
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#51 Posted: 21:24:02 22/11/2010
Yeah. I wouldn't like them to include any humans. Spyro and humans.. No. Don't do that. I'd like it to remain with just the types of characters there are right now. At first I didn't think I'd like this idea, but now I'm starting to like it. it's fun to imagine what could be smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 21:39:21 22/11/2010
Imagine some sort of malodramatic love scene between Spyro and Cynder! I would love to see that! Something like what this pic conveys:
http://sonicbrawler182.deviant...789951#/d24a0pc
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#53 Posted: 21:47:34 22/11/2010
It could be cool I guess. But I really think classic Spyro would serve better for anime style. After all, we already have anime Spyro images smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#54 Posted: 21:52:37 22/11/2010
They both serve really well, IMO!

Classic Spyro would be all cute and funny.
LoS would be malodramatic, have epic fight scenes and lots of SHHHOOOOOUUUUTTTIIIIIING!!!!! smilie
---
#55 Posted: 21:54:14 22/11/2010
Yeah, but the Japanese didn't import LoS at all sadly smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#56 Posted: 21:58:03 22/11/2010
Yeah, I would love to see a Japanese dubbing of DotD's ending. Cynder would sound so cute with a Japanese VA! :3
---
#57 Posted: 21:58:59 22/11/2010
I'd be more interested in a Japanese YOTD, tbh smilie

Bianca and...... CRAZY AGENT 9 <3
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#58 Posted: 22:01:17 22/11/2010
If Spyro looked anything like the Japanese Spyro did in the concept art, with the anime hair style for his crest, it'd be awesome. Cynder should be made small and cute again; they should both be like chibis.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#59 Posted: 22:02:24 22/11/2010
Yeah, but I just love the malodrama of Japan's serious stuff! It can be epic win or fail, and either benefits me!
---
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#60 Posted: 22:20:51 22/11/2010
Great, now I just HAVE to make fake screenshots! smilie

And I'd like it, since anime usually has a good plot and animation. I think it'd be really good. As for Cynder, there's perverts in EVERY fanbase. It happens. I'd adore it if it were Krome Cynder though. I'd squee for joy!
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#61 Posted: 22:23:00 22/11/2010
Quote: Fasuhn
I'm sorry, but I think I want to go in a corner and cry when I think about what the fandom's reaction to Anime Cynder would be. >_>;

This. XD

It could be interesting though; it could probably work with some plot changes to make it less of a Western fantasy and more of an anime-type storyline.
#62 Posted: 22:23:46 22/11/2010
I have seen a lot of anime style Spyro pics on deviantART. I pu t a pic of Cynder on deviantART, and it's a bit like anime. A lot of anime style Spyro pics are Spyro X Cynder though. Sorry Cynder haters!
---
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#63 Posted: 02:15:48 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
good idea
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
#64 Posted: 02:44:20 24/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I personaly would like to see the anime a reality

just imagine spyro vs malefor or even the awsome scorceres
best of all would be ripto
---
#65 Posted: 18:42:43 24/11/2010
Me too. Although, unless it was an unofficial flash thing or something, it probably never will.
---
#66 Posted: 20:33:30 24/11/2010 | Topic Creator
some one should make this a flash
---
#67 Posted: 23:00:15 24/11/2010
Unfortunatly, there seems to be hardly any experienced animators who show interest in Spyro, although I came across one guy on deviantART.
---
ClassicSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 488
#68 Posted: 06:45:34 25/11/2010
ehh make a cartoon series but not anime >.>
---
~Classic &TLoS Spyro Fan~I love Ember and Cynder~Friends not Foes~
#69 Posted: 19:28:47 25/11/2010 | Topic Creator
why? ;=3
---
#70 Posted: 19:58:41 25/11/2010
Classic Spyro is more suited to a western style cartoon, but LoS is much better suited to anime.
---
#71 Posted: 21:17:29 25/11/2010
Nah, I think it's the opposite..... Classic Spyro looks cool in his anime form anyway :3
---
#72 Posted: 21:25:14 25/11/2010
But you have have to think about it from a writers perspective.
Imagine an LoS storyline written by the storywriters of Kingdom Hearts....

And imagine a Classic Spyro cartoon series made by, I don't know, Disney? Nickelodian?
---
#73 Posted: 21:27:55 25/11/2010
Yeah, but I've always imagined a crazy series with Spyro. I know several similar storylines of Spyro made into anime, which makes me feel as though classic Spyro would do a pretty good job.

I've never really thought of LoS as an anime..... I just can't see it working out, but that's just me.
---
#74 Posted: 21:30:16 25/11/2010
It's much better suited. At times, I actually thought LoS felt like something from Japan.
---
#75 Posted: 21:33:39 25/11/2010
Nah, LoS felt American to me - Japan tend to have more.... 'Powerful' storylines. They really would kill off Ignitus, for instance. And there would be a lot more complicated storyline, for instance.

I'm still sitting firm that Legend should be made by a US company, if ever. Dreamworks, or something.
---
#76 Posted: 21:35:44 25/11/2010
I felt it was powerful, but that's just me. Also, the theme of "destiny" really reminded me of Final Fantasy.
---
#77 Posted: 03:14:47 26/11/2010
Quote: Spyroo
Nah, LoS felt American to me - Japan tend to have more.... 'Powerful' storylines. They really would kill off Ignitus, for instance. And there would be a lot more complicated storyline, for instance.

I'm still sitting firm that Legend should be made by a US company, if ever. Dreamworks, or something.

I can see where you're coming from. But compared to the Originals, TLoS attempted to make it a more.. "powerful" storyline. THe Original series were too lighthearted to have anything real serious like death in it. And no I'm not trying to compare the series for which is better purposes, I just think TLoS would be better suited for an anime.
#78 Posted: 07:02:30 26/11/2010 | Topic Creator
each would make a different gerene of anime
old would be a comedy based light hearted series like luckystar or poni pani dash

new would be an action based anime like bleach or fma
---
#79 Posted: 08:30:44 26/11/2010
Quote: Darby
Quote: Spyroo

I can see where you're coming from. But compared to the Originals, TLoS attempted to make it a more.. "powerful" storyline. THe Original series were too lighthearted to have anything real serious like death in it. And no I'm not trying to compare the series for which is better purposes, I just think TLoS would be better suited for an anime.

I see were you're coming from, but like spyro glitcher said, both have their own way they could go.

I just feel that LoS gave off an all-American vibe, whereas classic can easily translate into a zany anime, and has the right cast of characters to do so.
---
#80 Posted: 09:21:31 26/11/2010
Well, if you look at a more serious kind of anime, you would see what we mean. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sonic X are brilliant in Japanese, and contain mature themes.
---
#81 Posted: 14:56:11 26/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Well, if you look at a more serious kind of anime, you would see what we mean. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Sonic X are brilliant in Japanese, and contain mature themes.

I've watched many anime before, and read many manga. Including some banned from the UK.

Sonic X is the perfect example of classic Spyro - Cool character, mature theme. Like what they were going to do in SL.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm afraid I'm still not budging. LoS just sits as 'American' to me, and Disney style more than anime style.
---
#82 Posted: 15:36:00 26/11/2010
The difference with Sonic is that from day 1, he had a mix of light-hearted stuff and darker, more mature stuff, and his personality developed past the "animal with attitude" a long time ago. Spyro didn't get dark until LoS, and always felt like a worse Sonic in terms of character. Spyro in SL was a worse Link, and LoS Spyro didn't really have any significant character comparisons for me. I thought Shadow Legacy was a failed attempt to make Spyro work in a dark atmosphere. Although, gameplay-wise and music-wise, it was good enough.

I'm not saying Classic Spyro wouldn't work in an anime - I'm saying it could only work in an anime made with kid friendly humour, in which case, it should just be made by some well known Western animating studio, like Disney, who could do it better. Seeing movies like Toy Story makes me think a Western type of thing would be best for Classic Spyro, as it could be funny but still emotional, in a light hearted kind of way.
Although the Japanese can do this well, I've seen America do it well more often.
The absolute best writers for a Classic Spyro cartoon, IMO, would be British, at least if you're going for humour!smilie
Classic Spyro shouldn't go dark at all. That's what LoS is for!

LoS could work well(and has) with Western writers(Lion King is an example), but I would rather see it done by Japanese writers. Heck, I would like to see an LoS game made by the Japs! Mainly because the fight scenes would be amazing, and they could handle Spyro X Cynder quite well.

Both versions of Spyro could go both ways, but these are my preferences
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#83 Posted: 16:17:49 26/11/2010
British humour tends to be...eh, more cutthroat than the American comfort zone. Perhaps you ought to reconsider.
---
Eh.
#84 Posted: 16:27:24 26/11/2010
Banjo-Kazooie is British made, and the humour in that is brilliant!
I'm Irish and love British humour. Now, if we were talking Irish humour, THEN were exiting comfort zones!
---
#85 Posted: 16:35:27 26/11/2010
You know how bubble-wrapped some Americans can be, it's even worse than the situation here.
---
Eh.
#86 Posted: 16:40:17 26/11/2010
I guess, but I wasn't even thinking "suggestive" British humour. I don't see the harm in something like Banjo-Kazooie.
---
#87 Posted: 18:18:14 26/11/2010
The difference with Sonic is that from day 1, he had a mix of light-hearted stuff and darker, more mature stuff, and his personality developed past the "animal with attitude" a long time ago. Spyro didn't get dark until LoS, and always felt like a worse Sonic in terms of character. Spyro in SL was a worse Link, and LoS Spyro didn't really have any significant character comparisons for me. I thought Shadow Legacy was a failed attempt to make Spyro work in a dark atmosphere. Although, gameplay-wise and music-wise, it was good enough.

I'm not saying Classic Spyro wouldn't work in an anime - I'm saying it could only work in an anime made with kid friendly humour, in which case, it should just be made by some well known Western animating studio, like Disney, who could do it better. Seeing movies like Toy Story makes me think a Western type of thing would be best for Classic Spyro, as it could be funny but still emotional, in a light hearted kind of way.
Although the Japanese can do this well, I've seen America do it well more often.
The absolute best writers for a Classic Spyro cartoon, IMO, would be British, at least if you're going for humour!smilie
Classic Spyro shouldn't go dark at all. That's what LoS is for!

LoS could work well(and has) with Western writers(Lion King is an example), but I would rather see it done by Japanese writers. Heck, I would like to see an LoS game made by the Japs! Mainly because the fight scenes would be amazing, and they could handle Spyro X Cynder quite well.

Both versions of Spyro could go both ways, but these are my preferences

That sounds fair enough, and uses some good points smilie

I can just envision classic Spyro as a zany anime, but not LoS as a mature anime for some reason. That's just me and my ways though ;3
---
#88 Posted: 18:58:34 26/11/2010
Part of the reason I'm able to see LoS as an anime is probably "that" scene from the Japanese Sonic X.
---
#89 Posted: 19:34:34 26/11/2010 | Topic Creator
'that' scene?
any how i think an anime like power puff girls z would fit for old spyro
the best
---
#90 Posted: 23:02:41 26/11/2010
I guess, but I wasn't even thinking "suggestive" British humour. I don't see the harm in something like Banjo-Kazooie.

You mean the game where everyone in the general audience was left wondering how the hell the censors didn't catch on and stop a lot of the jokes getting releasesd?

Banjo Kazooie is a TERRIBLE example.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:59 26/11/2010 by Burning Gnorc
#91 Posted: 23:46:34 26/11/2010
The jokes were fine in that, at least from my point of view. Some of them ripped off gaming and it's current state but there wasn't anything that bad. Then again, I only cleared the first one. And my memory is a little hazy on that game.

But if you see any British made cartoons, you will get what I mean.
---
#92 Posted: 00:27:57 27/11/2010
I'm British, so I know what's in British made cartoons. If it's not aimed for the toddlers, some of it can get a little over kids' heads.

As for the actual BK content, let me just bring up the game over screen, to give just one of many things;

---
Eh.
#93 Posted: 16:30:25 27/11/2010
Oh, I see what you mean, although I don't find that scene too bad.

Although, I finally remembered the example I was looking for. The Aardman type of British humour could work brilliantly for a Spyro show.
---
#94 Posted: 17:03:58 27/11/2010
I suppose you mean Wallace and Gromit type humour and not Rex the Runt type humour? Rex the Runt completely freaked me out as a kid.
---
Eh.
#95 Posted: 17:15:32 27/11/2010
Yeah, Wallace and Gromit is kid friendly but brilliant! Never heard of Rex the Runt though.
---
#96 Posted: 17:35:48 27/11/2010
Hee, you can tell I'm British then!

This is Rex the Runt;

---
Eh.
#97 Posted: 20:46:21 27/11/2010
I own a Banjo Kazooie game.. it freaked me out as a kid. So did stuff like Wallace and Gromet and Chicken Run. o.O
I've never heard of Rex the Runt however..
#98 Posted: 22:48:46 27/11/2010
...Nobody's heard of Rex the Runt? Man, I feel old now. :<
---
Eh.
#99 Posted: 23:16:22 27/11/2010
I actually recognise it, I just didn't remember it's name. Your not the only one who remembers! smilie
---
#100 Posted: 22:05:28 02/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I don't.
but i like it
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me