Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
E3 2010 questions??? [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#51 Posted: 15:46:40 13/06/2010
Quote: Apoc
Displaying 1–20 of 188 games

Look at the other pages, there's nothing there either.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#52 Posted: 15:48:22 13/06/2010 | Topic Creator
On both links there's absolutely nothing on Spyro. Have they ever completely surprised people and announced a game that wasn't mentioned on the lists? I'm still hopeful.
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#53 Posted: 15:48:41 13/06/2010
Eh, we'll wait
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
#54 Posted: 15:50:07 13/06/2010
I have no clue. But I hope they say something. At least a mention that they're working on it or almost done or something. I expect they do suprise people with games, just to add to the impact especially if it's an anticipated title or sequel. Maybe not for Spyro just yet, but for some games I'm sure.
---
#55 Posted: 15:52:19 13/06/2010 | Topic Creator
True, and I'm really hoping they'll do it with Spyro. Yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait for tomorrow and see for ourselves. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this.
#56 Posted: 15:54:51 13/06/2010
We've been without news for so long that if we don't get some kind of a clue tomorrow I'm just gonna get fed up with waiting. Not that there'll be anything I can do about it.... Except WAIT!
---
#57 Posted: 15:58:22 13/06/2010 | Topic Creator
They could at least just give us some kind of information, anything, just to give us something to look forward to, which is what I'm hoping they'll do. It's been, what? Almost two years since the last game was released? I just want something to go on and look forward to instead of just hoping and waiting, like you said.
#58 Posted: 16:04:59 13/06/2010
Me too. At least I want to know the following:
Are they working on it/is it done/near done?
Is it old, LOS, or new universe?
What characters will be returning, aside from Spyro and Sparx? Cynder? The Guardians? Hunter? Others?
---
#59 Posted: 16:07:46 13/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Sounds good to me. Knowing that basic stuff would be great, and I'd be happy.
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#60 Posted: 16:47:32 13/06/2010
I saw some good stuff in the list that interested me but I am greatly saddened by their being no news of Spyro.

I can only imagen how tortuous this must be for you guys who have been waiting for years.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
#61 Posted: 17:01:21 13/06/2010
We are anxious, yes.
---
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#62 Posted: 18:25:32 13/06/2010
I'll see what else would interest me
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#63 Posted: 00:31:07 19/06/2010
One of my friends went to E3 and talked with one of the people who worked at Activision about Spyro, but he didn't reveal anything and this is what he said,

"Listen, I don't know that much about spyro, it isn't even on the big profile list, and all I can honestly say is yeah, I have seen some guys in the back working on some spyro stuff, but again I haven't seen enough, or cared enough to take a close look." - from my friend's post on the Activision forums. http://forums.vgames.com/viewt...b42fe&start=120

Selfish, greedy Activision.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#64 Posted: 00:48:54 19/06/2010
Well if thats true it means they are doing some Spyro stuff, its just not very important. Its something at least! smilie
---
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#65 Posted: 03:55:27 19/06/2010
^ Not very important? To many of us it is! D:<
#66 Posted: 04:05:44 19/06/2010
I mean to the company. To them money comes first and I guess they dont think that a new Spyro game would net them enough profits to be worth it.
---
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#67 Posted: 12:46:08 19/06/2010
Activision really only cares about what gets them big money.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#68 Posted: 13:45:05 19/06/2010
Eh. I get the feeling we'll see an iPod Spyro game soon.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#69 Posted: 14:41:58 19/06/2010
there already is spyro ripto somthin
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#70 Posted: 18:44:10 19/06/2010
Quote: Aura24
One of my friends went to E3 and talked with one of the people who worked at Activision about Spyro, but he didn't reveal anything and this is what he said,

"Listen, I don't know that much about spyro, it isn't even on the big profile list, and all I can honestly say is yeah, I have seen some guys in the back working on some spyro stuff, but again I haven't seen enough, or cared enough to take a close look." - from my friend's post on the Activision forums. http://forums.vgames.com/viewt...b42fe&start=120

How is it selfish to keep the info to themselves? It's not like they're gonna make the game and keep it for Activision employees to play only. Just think of how good the suprise will feel once we finally get it!

Anyway, I think E3 is over now, so no info for now. smilie Do you suppose they'd debut it later, at a different convention? Does anyone know any other game conventions?
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#71 Posted: 18:49:42 19/06/2010
Comic-Con is on in July.
#72 Posted: 19:18:04 19/06/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
there already is spyro ripto somthin

I meant with Activision.

And I also don't believe they're being selfish either. They're just keeping it under wraps, like many companies do.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:13 19/06/2010 by Spyroo
#73 Posted: 20:56:20 19/06/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

How is it selfish to keep the info to themselves? It's not like they're gonna make the game and keep it for Activision employees to play only. Just think of how good the suprise will feel once we finally get it!

Anyway, I think E3 is over now, so no info for now. smilie Do you suppose they'd debut it later, at a different convention? Does anyone know any other game conventions?

Hopefully, they'll reveal something in other game conventions this year. They revealed info on all their other games except Crash and Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#74 Posted: 22:26:56 19/06/2010
I have a feeling that there won't be anymore Spyro games for some reason. And the same goes to Crash too.
#75 Posted: 22:28:37 19/06/2010
There was a recent Crash game for the iPhone IMO. They should reveal to us what direction Spyro is going to instead of hiding in the shadows for a year and a half.
---
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#76 Posted: 04:13:59 20/06/2010
Does it really matter if they do though?They probably aren't showing anything because they're not far enough into it yet.Anyways,it doesn't matter IMO because the new one will probably be as bad as DotD.
#77 Posted: 04:18:53 20/06/2010
Quote: Tibs
I mean to the company. To them money comes first and I guess they dont think that a new Spyro game would net them enough profits to be worth it.

Oh, ok.
#78 Posted: 04:20:18 20/06/2010
Quote: Eragon25
Does it really matter if they do though?They probably aren't showing anything because they're not far enough into it yet.Anyways,it doesn't matter IMO because the new one will probably be as bad as DotD.

But we don't know what it will be about or what it will look like.
---
#79 Posted: 04:23:06 20/06/2010
Funny how they aren't afraid to spill the beans on their biggest titles but they never really try to hype their "lesser" games. I mean, CoD is already more then popular enough. Does it really need the all the unnecessary hype?
#80 Posted: 15:13:17 20/06/2010
Quote: Eragon25

But we don't know what it will be about or what it will look like.

True, but look at Kid Icarus, and what happened when a company apparently released some beta images - THE UPROAR. I'm sure the same thing would have happened if they had been honest about TLOS being a reboot - They lied until the last moment, claiming it was just the original series' prologue, before releasing it as a reboot, which actually fooled me into buying it.

Activision probably want to sort things out first, and really, we should let them.
---
#81 Posted: 15:02:20 21/06/2010
I wonder if Activision will be playing any of the old Spyro games and the newer ones to see the differences themselves?
shadow5222 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#82 Posted: 17:27:51 21/06/2010
^ hope so

ps. can't wait untill epic mickey comes out!!
---
Where are those irons???????? :::smilie
#83 Posted: 21:19:38 21/06/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I wonder if Activision will be playing any of the old Spyro games and the newer ones to see the differences themselves?

All game makers should do that, especially if they bought a franchise they didn't begin, moreso if they plan to change it.
---
#84 Posted: 21:48:44 21/06/2010
Knowing Activision, I kinda doubt that.
---
#85 Posted: 02:49:51 22/06/2010
I was talking to my bro about the lack of info and he figures that they won't tell us anything given this new direction. He think's it smart marketing for them not to; if they show us something of it and we decide we don't like the new direction and so decide not to buy it then they loose money. If they keep it under wraps so to speak and show us nothing other than a somewhat vague trailer then it might be likely that we'll buy it anyway thinking/hoping it is good. True some of us may dislike it but they've made thier profit. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, nor is my brother, that's just what he thinks. I'm also not saying I comletely agree with his speculation. It sounds probable, but i would think it would be better marketing to really advertise it.
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#86 Posted: 02:59:44 22/06/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I was talking to my bro about the lack of info and he figures that they won't tell us anything given this new direction. He think's it smart marketing for them not to; if they show us something of it and we decide we don't like the new direction and so decide not to buy it then they loose money. If they keep it under wraps so to speak and show us nothing other than a somewhat vague trailer then it might be likely that we'll buy it anyway thinking/hoping it is good. True some of us may dislike it but they've made thier profit. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, nor is my brother, that's just what he thinks. I'm also not saying I comletely agree with his speculation. It sounds probable, but i would think it would be better marketing to really advertise it.

You'd think that... keeping something under wraps is not only good way of not letting something leak out but it makes one's competitors curious as well. Think of it this way, if you were to announce something over a public area and your competitor was there and they saw it... they might just change their plans as well and redo a certain part of their game and beat you to the punch.

As much I would like to see some sort of news on a Spyro game; I'd rather they keep it under wraps instead of giving us something and then some other game come out with that specific feature in a different game.

This sort of thing did happen before. During the 90's the mascot races started. Everyone and their dog was trying to make a lovable mascot like Sonic was once back then.

Terrible / Mediocre games later we get Crash, Sparkster, and then finally Spyro. Marketing is pretty. . . complicated at times. smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#87 Posted: 05:28:54 22/06/2010
Well apparently the spyro team is just tinkering around with the game. aura remember what SMG told us that the guy at E3 said to him.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#88 Posted: 06:58:24 22/06/2010
Well let's just hope it's something good that Activision are doing. I mean, that new Crash game that was released for the iPhone, I didn't even hear about it until I saw it on YouTube.
#89 Posted: 13:36:02 22/06/2010
Iphone games are always unannouced like that before their release.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:21 22/06/2010 by Aura24
#90 Posted: 14:25:39 22/06/2010
Quote: S240sx24
Well apparently the spyro team is just tinkering around with the game. aura remember what SMG told us that the guy at E3 said to him.

What did they say?
---
#91 Posted: 15:57:16 22/06/2010

This.
---
#92 Posted: 20:02:11 22/06/2010
Oh....
---
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#93 Posted: 21:04:40 22/06/2010
And here I was thinking Activision had a reason for buying the series...

So you mean to tell me that they took the game from movie to back-room development?
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
#94 Posted: 21:34:37 22/06/2010
I guess so...
#95 Posted: 03:07:11 23/06/2010
Ok now activision sucks straight out sucks. Sony owns sly, racthet and clank as well as jak and daxter heck they made a game with all of them in there at once, if spyro was still part of sony he'd at least be in there. I still think we are going to get a cheap short poor game from spyro. And i think sierra made a mistake with such a low budget game when DOTD came out too put such a high celeberty casting to do the voices and give us a somewhat promising game, now we probably and most likely wont get another great game or something like DOTD. It could get worse as a game..... I wish EA would buy spyro they would give him a good home.
---
#96 Posted: 03:16:40 23/06/2010
That or perhaps Ubisoft me thinks
#97 Posted: 04:10:51 23/06/2010
heck disney could do a better job than activision have you noticed the game blur was supposed to be like split second and it failed. I never knew disney could make games like that now epic mickey has came out, i think they would take spyro somewhere great.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#98 Posted: 04:42:27 23/06/2010
By the way, sorta off-topic, but I need to say, the new Crash iPod/Phone/Pad game is a disappointment...
#99 Posted: 05:08:55 23/06/2010
^Apple in general is a disappointment.

@S240sx24: As much as I think Disney is crappy and I only like the Pixar stuff....I agree, they would do MUCH better than Activision.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#100 Posted: 05:11:53 23/06/2010
Quote: Spyros Dagger
^Apple in general is a disappointment.

@S240sx24: As much as I think Disney is crappy and I only like the Pixar stuff....I agree, they would do MUCH better than Activision.

1. Yep.
2. IF it's not as kid-friendly as most of their stuff. They could make a nice original game.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me