Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > where should spyro go next?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
where should spyro go next? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 01:12:59 10/01/2010
HIR was just stating his opinion, GamingMaster.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#52 Posted: 01:13:29 10/01/2010
Actully GamingMaster_76, this site ids to exspress our opinouns about Spyro. And every one has there opinoun so HIR can say what he wants.

EDIT: Sorry Aura24, i didn't see you already posted.smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:41 10/01/2010 by Cynder 19000
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#53 Posted: 01:21:47 10/01/2010
sorry HIR. its just im new
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#54 Posted: 03:16:33 10/01/2010
I personally dont think Its right for Spyro to just go. Theres too much potential in Spyro to not continue, whether its the TLOS or Original universe
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#55 Posted: 04:39:12 10/01/2010
Quote: Ratchet
I personally dont think Its right for Spyro to just go. Theres too much potential in Spyro to not continue, whether its the TLOS or Original universe

If he has so much potential, then why do we keep getting hyped up for these new games only to be let down by Sierra? The way I see it, given the number of platforms DotD was released for, the sales figures are relatively unimpressive. If I were calling the shots at Activision, Spyro would be out the door in an instant. Any future games would be a waste of Activision's resources.

That doesn't mean that an independent studio can't take Spyro under their wing. But that action would most likely be frowned upon by the community (both old Spyro fanatics who would complain said new developer is "N0T 1NS0MN14C" and new Spyro fanatics who would chide the game for most likely being released on a single console. After all, independent companies really only make games for one specific platform). Personally, I'd like to a uniplatform Spyro game. It would give the development team more time to tweak the control schemes, which have been growing more awkward with each new game.

In fact, let's please some of the Insomniac fans by giving them a taste of the good old days and having Sony Computer Entertainment publish the next Spyro game instead of Activision. Spyro has never really fit very well onto Nintendo's consoles (except the handhelds) and fits even worse on the Glitch-Box.

The only problem is that I can't see an independent studio who'd want to get Spyro's license. About a decade ago, Spyro was a major blip on the video game radar. But now his signal is seriously fading. My problem isn't that Spyro's out of new tricks, it's that no producer or developer can come up with an original formula that works for Spyro. No matter where he ends up, he's going to end up in a game that is "unoriginal" in more ways than one. Critics won't like it very much, upsetting the developers & publishers to the point where they try to tweak the aspects that are "unoriginal" only to realize they've locked themselves in a steel cage of "unoriginality" and left the key on the other side of the cage.

That's why I say, better to quit now while Spyro's ahead than to have the series sink any lower than it is right now.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#56 Posted: 06:05:11 10/01/2010
listen, people, TLoS obviously started because they knew they would ruin the originals. yes, spyro is dying, but he needs to keep going, then, if it's succesful, and he gets more of a crowd, he should continue.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#57 Posted: 16:37:05 10/01/2010
Ok, think of it this way, he's dying until the right cure (company) comes along. We might be blown away one day by a really great game, nothings for certain yet.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#58 Posted: 23:01:14 10/01/2010
yep. not much about the movie yet, either, we shouldnt just assume this.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#59 Posted: 00:49:38 11/01/2010
Spyro is broken, we must fix him! <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#60 Posted: 00:58:06 11/01/2010
*gives spyro a muffin as a dont-die gift*

off topic: im getting spyro plushies and the poster from ebay!! <3
#61 Posted: 07:31:33 11/01/2010
Quote:
If he has so much potential, then why do we keep getting hyped up for these new games only to be let down by Sierra? The way I see it, given the number of platforms DotD was released for, the sales figures are relatively unimpressive. If I were calling the shots at Activision, Spyro would be out the door in an instant. Any future games would be a waste of Activision's resources.

What I am saying is that the reason they are keeping TLOS is because it makes moderate but overall positive profit. It has a reasonable fanbase, That would generate activision more money fo now. And If they think that TLOS wouldnt do well, then go back to the originals. Of cource, they should actually hire a company that knows what they are doing. A company that actually knows what insomnaic were trying to do when making the original games.

Quote:
That doesn't mean that an independent studio can't take Spyro under their wing. But that action would most likely be frowned upon by the community (both old Spyro fanatics who would complain said new developer is "N0T 1NS0MN14C"
No usually, old spyro fans complain about the game not being as good or like the insomniac games. I believe it is possible for there to be another old spyro game that isnt made by insomniac.

Quote:
and new Spyro fanatics who would chide the game for most likely being released on a single console.

Why would an old spyro game be made on a single console? If Its activision, I dont think so. And New spyro fans would get angry ifan old spyro was going to be made full stop. same for old spyro fans.

Quote:
After all, independent companies really only make games for one specific platform
Im pretty sure activision wont sell the spyro IP any time soon if thats what you mean. But if they're with activision, i dont think so.

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to a uniplatform Spyro game. It would give the development team more time to tweak the control schemes, which have been growing more awkward with each new game.
I think uniform games are usually higher quality, but i dont think spyro will become a uniplatform again.

Quote:
In fact, let's please some of the Insomniac fans by giving them a taste of the good old days and having Sony Computer Entertainment publish the next Spyro game instead of Activision. Spyro has never really fit very well onto Nintendo's consoles (except the handhelds) and fits even worse on the Glitch-Box.

No comment.

Quote:
The only problem is that I can't see an independent studio who'd want to get Spyro's license. About a decade ago, Spyro was a major blip on the video game radar. But now his signal is seriously fading. My problem isn't that Spyro's out of new tricks, it's that no producer or developer can come up with an original formula that works for Spyro. No matter where he ends up, he's going to end up in a game that is "unoriginal" in more ways than one. Critics won't like it very much, upsetting the developers & publishers to the point where they try to tweak the aspects that are "unoriginal" only to realize they've locked themselves in a steel cage of "unoriginality" and left the key on the other side of the cage.

Yeah...I really dont like how critics try and and say that new games have to be entirely different. It really doesnt make sense. And usually if the developers seem to say this just to give a reason to dislike the game. They gave this reason to AHT when AHT changed so many bloody things taht it made it unspyro-y. I Think that they dont know what they are saying.

Quote:
That's why I say, better to quit now while Spyro's ahead than to have the series sink any lower than it is right now.

While its ahead? 0_o
#62 Posted: 07:38:04 11/01/2010
Spyro ain't ahead right now. If he quits, I would be devistated. And lots of other fans. Then he would die, and his history is quite bare compared to more sucessful series. He needs to continue with the current bones, The legend of Spyro.
#63 Posted: 00:54:34 13/01/2010
Well he needs to continue. I may not have said this a few years ago, But Id rather TLOS than nothing. Why? Because the damage is done, TLOS has already Made people hate/love the series, theres no reason to get rid of it unless they go back to the old spyro, I Think its generating enough money....I THINK, But Im not intirely sure. But Sierra promised a trilogy, Perhaps by the end of Enternal night the sales of TLOS games begun to sink, and DOTD was just to finish off the trilogy as they said.

More than ever, its a good time to return to the originals, more than it is continue with TLOS
#64 Posted: 01:06:36 13/01/2010
More than ever, its a good time to return to the originals, more than it is continue with TLOS

IF a good enough company makes it. TLoS was because they knew they'd fail.
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#65 Posted: 01:11:23 13/01/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Indeed.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
#66 Posted: 10:07:05 20/01/2010
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Well, Sierra couldnt find a company to revive him so for then, plugged him into life support. But now the life support is not helping, The only way to make him better again is get a good doctor and make him like he was before.
#67 Posted: 17:21:40 20/01/2010
If Activision tries to make a spyro game be like the originals, it wouldn't work anyways. Take AHT for example, Sierra tried to make it like the original games, but it failed. The original spyro was good when Insomniac was in charge, but they're not anymore. They probably forgot about Spyro since they're too busy with their own games to notice the changes of the franchise.

The only action Activision would do is either continue spyro games in the LoS universe, or foolishly do another reboot, which I greatly disapprove of them doing.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:18 20/01/2010 by Aura24
#68 Posted: 21:12:33 20/01/2010
i wouldnt mind a reboot. besides, im tired of the same style games... the are like 9 originals and 3 news. we need more originals, though.

also i heard sadly they'll continue with the legend series D: which we have had enough of smilie
#69 Posted: 21:51:13 20/01/2010
Where did you hear that? Or are you assuming that they'll continue in the LoS universe? Activision will tell us eventually by showing the game details of the next Spyro game.
---
#70 Posted: 21:57:54 20/01/2010
i heard... somewhere.... i cant remember....

but they'll probably make LOS more because the movie is based on it anyway X.X
#71 Posted: 05:07:28 23/01/2010
Quote: Aura24
If Activision tries to make a spyro game be like the originals, it wouldn't work anyways. Take AHT for example, Sierra tried to make it like the original games, but it failed. The original spyro was good when Insomniac was in charge, but they're not anymore. They probably forgot about Spyro since they're too busy with their own games to notice the changes of the franchise.

The only action Activision would do is either continue spyro games in the LoS universe, or foolishly do another reboot, which I greatly disapprove of them doing.

Ive said this many times before, and many times again. AHT is not a good example of companies other than insomniac trying to make a Spyro game. Why? Because AHT was aimed towards critics, and even the critics didnt like the game. This was because they tried to change things, and in turn, changed the completely wrong things.
1.switched circle and square
2.Removed Hover
3.Changed Characters personalities
4.Made the levels way too big
5.Not many levels
6Homeworlds were ABSURDLY huge
7.Removed portals
8.Had far less minigames, and minigames were repetative
9.Made it you had to get a lock pick for 10, 000 different things.
10.Had really bad collision detection and platforming

So yeah, theres 10 things that made AHT not likeable by anyone.
All They need to do is get a company to know what they are doing, to know HOW to make an original style game. Eurocom obviously wasnt one of them.

However, ETD was a good example that companies can easily emulate insomnaic. Except that the game was rushed. So it was a case of being a bad game by rush than a bad gamme of not sticking to its roots like AHT was.
#72 Posted: 05:09:08 23/01/2010
why does everyone think AHT was bad? it was one of the best spyro games ever!
#73 Posted: 05:19:10 23/01/2010
I just told you my ten reasons. I would rank it one of the best, but only because many other spyro games are pretty bad. It gets 5th-6th place to me.
#74 Posted: 05:23:51 23/01/2010
wait, is that PS2 version ranking? mines on the XBox...
#75 Posted: 05:28:05 23/01/2010
Is there much difference? Its not like im complaining about loading times ..
#76 Posted: 05:30:16 23/01/2010
i knw your not... but i just think there might be a difference...
#77 Posted: 13:38:00 23/01/2010
Nothing In gameplay I think
#78 Posted: 23:58:19 23/01/2010
not gameplay, just a few bugs/glitches.
#79 Posted: 06:00:15 24/01/2010
Perhaps the collsion detection maybe better on the XBOX version, but i doubt it.

I find it funny how "they" stopped posting once I posted that link proving how TLOS was originally a prequel.
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#80 Posted: 06:23:57 24/01/2010
Or maybe it's because it's useless to argue with you.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
#81 Posted: 07:11:57 24/01/2010
i think the collisions better, its mint.
xSPYROTHEDRAGON Green Sparx Gems: 435
#82 Posted: 15:25:03 24/01/2010
first of all they should finish the movie and then they could think of making the next part of the TloS series.. but since they finished the last game with that 'happy end' they'll have problems to go on with the story...
another idea would be a 'spyro's world' something like a huge world where you can make your own dragon like in these 'dragon generator' and where you can learn to fly, fight and use your elements.
you could kinda start at the beginning as a young dragon and develop untill you are a adult to purge the world from some 'dark creatures' or whatever x3 maybe in a team with spyro and cynder or alone teached by them both..
since the world is broken into thousand pieces this could be pretty interesting, beeing born on a huge island... learn to walk, run and finally fly (maybe with limited flight skills wich you can improove until you can fly freely) learn to fight with your horns, then some basic attacks with the element you choose, then special attacks and so on... coming through the story by doing tasks, helping other dragons, fighting some creatures or finding special things. seeing your dragon grow up and become an adult and finding some special armors or techniques in hidden places of this huge world...

I could imagine that people would spend weeks on this game till they're done with it and the fun would be huge

let me know what you think of this idea...
---
My Deviantart
spirits never die, that why I'll persist forever!
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#83 Posted: 16:31:01 24/01/2010
That actually sounds really good, like Spyro meets fallout 3 or oblivion in a way, and you start from hatching etc i'd buy it
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
#84 Posted: 18:53:43 24/01/2010
yeah, it would be something like a mixedup of fallout3, gta and the spyro games in an epic world^^
---
My Deviantart
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#85 Posted: 20:25:11 24/01/2010
I'd say that would be a good idea for an online mode. But then it wouldnt really be a spyro game if you didnt play as spyro. I've actually said that many times on the activision forums. Like what they did on the spyro lair website is a good idea, but to have it as a online feature for a spyro game maybe not like online adventure, but to where you create your own dragon and meet other players and battle them online 1 on 1 or co-op play with your friends. And if you win you can buy armor for your dragon to improve his/her own abilities. just a idea, probably wont happen but I think this is agreat online feature to have, plus it gives players something to do after they beat the game. 1 thing i hated about DOTD aside from the plotholes was the fatc that it was really short. If it had online i'd be playing it nowvbut unfortunatly it doesnt.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#86 Posted: 21:26:54 24/01/2010
I've thought about this online thing too but then it wouldnt be a spyro game any longer, I mean, it would just be a online world with dragons in spyro design... but however, this would still be awesome!
and about my idea, true.. you dont play spyro any longer, would be pretty senseless to repeat the story of his life from the beginning since its still impossible but you could at least play in their world and train with them... maybe not the continuation of the Tlos series but the continuation of the story and a new gameplay^^
---
My Deviantart
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#87 Posted: 21:55:26 24/01/2010
Quote: HIR

-insert insanely long yet reasonable post-

I agree completely with that. A company as big as Activision doesn't have the time to waste on something that won't sell as much as they wish. Sure, as Ratchet said, it'll make a positive profit, but not nearly big enough for a large company to see worth the while. Not that I can really blame them - In the world we live in, money is everything. If something doesn't make enough of it, then it's not worth any time. And let's face it - we all know Spyro has sold less than desired. DotD did sell pretty badly, being on 4 or so systems.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#88 Posted: 22:08:33 24/01/2010
idea:

~spyro and cynder lived in their constellation in a series of isnads.
~they foiund out something terrible is happening.
~they need to get back to their own world but they need their vessels and you can make your dragon to save the day.
#89 Posted: 22:24:02 24/01/2010
Quote: xSPYROTHEDRAGON
I've thought about this online thing too but then it wouldnt be a spyro game any longer, I mean, it would just be a online world with dragons in spyro design... but however, this would still be awesome!
and about my idea, true.. you dont play spyro any longer, would be pretty senseless to repeat the story of his life from the beginning since its still impossible but you could at least play in their world and train with them... maybe not the continuation of the Tlos series but the continuation of the story and a new gameplaysmilie

oh yeah that would be a very interesting game for sure, as seperate frachise. And what i meant by the online play, was after you beat the game. as something you could do afterwards. it would be a spyro game if you play single player as spyro. but online would different of course.
---
#90 Posted: 00:06:33 25/01/2010
Quote: S240sx24
oh yeah that would be a very interesting game for sure, as seperate frachise. And what i meant by the online play, was after you beat the game. as something you could do afterwards. it would be a spyro game if you play single player as spyro. but online would different of course.

oh, that would be awesome true, you could maybe meet people there, even if you havent played it through and maybe meet friends or do quests you cant finish alone with other people's help and Im sure that this game would sell way better than the old ones since it has many extra features and it would be the first game of this kind... activision should really think about making such a game
---
My Deviantart
#91 Posted: 04:44:41 25/01/2010
Spyro online would NOT be fun. Well, it'd be fun for younger players, but definitely not older ones. I can't imagine trying to play online a game crowded with 8-12 year olds who can't type.
---
#92 Posted: 05:40:59 25/01/2010
well spyro wasnt always aimed at older adults, most who played it back in the day when spyro came out where around that age and is still aimed at that age maybe around teens with the fighting. But that where the fighting and co-op online would come into play, theres something for older ages too. Not a big deal, its just an idea, if they colud input it in the right way to appeal to older ages the it would work fine.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#93 Posted: 05:48:54 25/01/2010
Yeah......
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#94 Posted: 06:06:02 25/01/2010
Quote: S240sx24
well spyro wasnt always aimed at older adults, most who played it back in the day when spyro came out where around that age and is still aimed at that age maybe around teens with the fighting. But that where the fighting and co-op online would come into play, theres something for older ages too. Not a big deal, its just an idea, if they colud input it in the right way to appeal to older ages the it would work fine.

There's also the fact that you're supposed to be 18 or older to have a PSN/360 account to play online.
---
#95 Posted: 06:15:11 25/01/2010
which i fall thru it. And to be honest no one obeys that rule. either they lie. or there parents make an account for them and give thier kid permission to get on. I race with kids sometimes online on my ps3.
---
#96 Posted: 06:22:49 25/01/2010
I know, I lied. But it's a difference of a year compared to a difference of 8 years.
---
#97 Posted: 06:24:14 25/01/2010
what about ds? i have wi fi on it, my mum knows, and i play animal crossing on it with my friends.
#98 Posted: 06:55:31 25/01/2010
If it were something Nintendo, then I see more logical online.
---
#99 Posted: 06:58:32 25/01/2010
i just hope they keep it at E10+ cuz if they dont ill have to wait the extra 2 years. thats all i ask for, DONT MAKE ME WAIT, NEXT DEVELOPER!!!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#100 Posted: 07:11:35 25/01/2010
Yeah, hurry up!!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me