Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
DotD Cynder [CLOSED]
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#51 Posted: 21:59:39 20/05/2009
I already have people who hate the anthro characters I've drawn up and stuff, so I know what you mean.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
fyrestorm91 Green Sparx Gems: 231
#52 Posted: 22:16:43 20/05/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro
Let's please stop calling 'Cars' sexy....smilie

Good point...

But who here has? I havent.
---
Topaz~Darkor~Glitter~Redsky
DeviantArt account
#53 Posted: 03:03:18 21/05/2009
I know... it is out there and crazy, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about it.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#54 Posted: 10:14:58 21/05/2009
Well thank god they're not all the same..

Edit: Ehm.. I was actually referring to a post #50.. I just didn't notice there was another page already, Sorry..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:03:16 23/05/2009 by Samius
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#55 Posted: 01:29:53 22/05/2009
Quote: Aura24
DotD Cynder. Sure she's beautiful and strikingly resembles her adult form from ANB, with a sudden change of personality and another change of voice actors. What makes me a little mad is that how the audience feels towards her, seeing her as 'sexy and more attractive' than her other forms.

To me, DotD Cynder isn't the real Cynder we remember, who doesn't have fans obsessing over her design and a inexperienced voice actor. She was WAY better when she didn't have the fans drooling over her. I mean, if Cynder became little again in the next Spyro games, would the fans stop loving Cynder just because she doesn't look sexy anymore? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It makes me sad really....

To be honest, there really isn't any sort of logical explanation for the whole personality change. I mean, I suppose one could theoretically say that her dark powers were screwing around with her personality... making it kinda dark as well. Other than that, you'd really be spitballing in the ideas department.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#56 Posted: 04:46:05 22/05/2009 | Topic Creator
The fans also think that only DotD Cynder has powers and can free-fly, and forgot that the character herself can have the powers and fly as well. Sure just because she looks sexy, doesn't mean that you have adore her like crazy. They might go back to TEN Cynder in the next Spyro game, and we might hear them complain about bringing DotD Cynder back.

Plus some of DotD Cynder's are different than ANB and TEN Cynder, such as the spikes on her wings, her avian mouth, and the spikes on the back of her neck.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:59 22/05/2009 by Aura24
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#57 Posted: 23:52:13 22/05/2009
Like I said before, I like the DotD Cynder better, Because it felt like she had a larger role.

And the Bonus of being a playable character.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#58 Posted: 00:40:42 23/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I expected to play the Cynder with the same personality as in TEN, then Sierra changed her up a little and ruined her character when they decided to make DotD 'epic' with another game developer. In my opinion, DotD Cynder is a living plothole with an inexperienced voice actor.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#59 Posted: 00:43:48 23/05/2009
The fans also think that only DotD Cynder has powers and can free-fly, and forgot that the character herself can have the powers and fly as well. Sure just because she looks sexy, doesn't mean that you have adore her like crazy. They might go back to TEN Cynder in the next Spyro game, and we might hear them complain about bringing DotD Cynder back.

Plus some of DotD Cynder's are different than ANB and TEN Cynder, such as the spikes on her wings, her avian mouth, and the spikes on the back of her neck.

I dunno. We never technically saw any actual proof of Cynder using a breath attack or even flying for that matter in TEN. I would venture so far as to say she was just as powerless as Spyro at the beginning of the game. You clearly saw her leave the temple WALKING; if she could fly she would have probably left by air. Also, if she could fly and use breath attacks she probably would have been able to evade capture by the pirates, and subsequently Gaul's Skurvywing fleet. Case in point, TEN Cynder was most likely powerless. <.<;
---
#60 Posted: 00:45:23 23/05/2009
How do you expect voice actors to get experience. You can't do all your practicing by yourself, You need others idea's and advice.

Otherwise there would have been no voice actors after Mel Blanc.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#61 Posted: 01:27:03 23/05/2009 | Topic Creator
The cast of LoS games were experienced voice actors, but Christina Ricci wasn't an experienced voice actor. They could've let her say the lines a few more times with emotion, instead of letting Cynder's lines sound a little emotionless. They'll probably change Cynder's voice actor again in the next Spyro game, like they did with Sparx's.
---
#62 Posted: 05:09:40 23/05/2009
This is why I'm a bit against having famous actors/actresses be used as voice actors for games and animated movies; voice acting requires a completely different understanding than acting.

Okay, I'm no expert at this, but as well all know, acting is mostly about body language, interacting with other actors and the props, and appearances. However, voice acting is more about voice, tone, and repitore of how it's used.

Essentially, voice acting is more than just talking into a microphone, and for some of the younger actors, they think that it's just that.

Yeah, I know I sound like a yerkbass, but I have been doing some research off and on, because I actually have thought working as a voice actor...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#63 Posted: 19:07:02 23/05/2009
Yeah, there is alot to account for. It all takes Experience.

New Question here. How could Cynder show any emotion? She was raised in such a hell of an environment.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#64 Posted: 19:30:01 23/05/2009
She has a soul.. End of story..

Really, I she was raised in hands of Malefor.. Then how could she not show emotion?
#65 Posted: 19:39:33 23/05/2009
If you grow up in anemotionless environment. How would you learn emotional values?
---
Don't mess with JAK
#66 Posted: 19:45:33 23/05/2009
You don't really learn emotions..

Even small babies know how to laugh, look sad and cry when they're born.
So why not Cynder..
Sure, she was held as a slave to Malefor for twelve years, but how couldn't she be able to show emotions?
#67 Posted: 22:14:05 23/05/2009
Yeah Happy and Sad, that bit.

But after time goes on, If nobody shows emotion, Chances are you wont show it either.

Look, most guys don't cry, Most of which, not even if it is really somthing worth crying about.

Or look at the some of the soldiers, Their trained to avoid hard feelings.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#68 Posted: 11:21:54 24/05/2009
Well, I can't say that's wrong. But Cynder's mind was controlled, does that mean she can't feel anything? Surely bad guys laugh (Bwahahahahaa!)and get angry sometimes..

I see what you mean, and It does hold a bit of truth inside..
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#69 Posted: 07:37:11 25/05/2009
^Yeah and general grievous has anger issues.

It all depends on the company.

Cynder i think would be better with the Tough girl type.

Kinda like cera from Land before time and buttercup from Powerpuffgirls
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#70 Posted: 09:35:07 25/05/2009
Quote: Samius
Heh.. Oh my smilie

But let's stay on topic. There is still a matter of Cynder to discuss..

So now, come to think of it, I think I know how you feel about Cynder changing into a sexy teen..

Sexy? Probably not...
But her design in TEN looked a bit...crappy.
The DotD one is the best in mah opinion.
#71 Posted: 13:48:01 25/05/2009
Isn't that what everyone say?

"People like Cynder just because she's sexy!"
"Some people think Cynder is sexy!"
"Cynder ruined TLoS by turning into a sue (and sexy)!"

I've seen lots of that..

Well, here and everywhere, people have their own opinion..
#72 Posted: 16:39:43 25/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I've seen fans say they exactly love DotD Cynder and also say she deserves more love. The fans who are obessesed with DotD Cynder don't realize that they're ruining her character and fans are starting to hate Cynder because of it.
---
#73 Posted: 16:41:23 25/05/2009
So it's more the Romance aspect, than the Character design.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#74 Posted: 16:49:16 25/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't why those fans "love" DotD Cynder than the others. Most of the answers is because she's sexy. Cynder's a fictional character, not a love aspect. DotD Cynder is nothing like ANB Cynder and TEN Cynder. At least they both didn't have fans drooling over their design, which was suppose to stay that way until, maybe after the LoS trilogy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:52 25/05/2009 by Aura24
#75 Posted: 17:56:15 25/05/2009
Yet somewhere adult dark Cynder is crying. DX

Well, everyone has a right to fantasies, and there are people out there who are decent about them.

As for me, I find any kid character who is portrayed as "under adult age" as all out annoying and whiny. The only I haven't seen be the typical kid hero is Ness; he doesn't whine about be the chosen one or anything of that sort.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
willard45 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#76 Posted: 23:03:25 25/05/2009
I like the way they canged her voice and her apperence its way more graphic and stunning
#77 Posted: 01:57:06 26/05/2009
I don't why those fans "love" DotD Cynder than the others. Most of the answers is because she's sexy. Cynder's a fictional character, not a love aspect. DotD Cynder is nothing like ANB Cynder and TEN Cynder. At least they both didn't have fans drooling over their design, which was suppose to stay that way until, maybe after the LoS trilogy.

And with these principles... Cynderism is born. A faction of DotD fanboyism, it is utterly pathetic what Cynderism has brought to the internet. e_e
---
#78 Posted: 13:30:57 26/05/2009
Yes yes.. We have heard all of that many times..

The truth is, I don't normally like kid heroes either. Cynder is cool, but nothing like Spyro as a character. In DotD, she was more of a "girlfriend" for Spyro.
But then again, I have only played DotD, I bet I'd like her more in ANB or TEN too..

But one thing I just can't understand. Aura24 said that fans that are in love with Cynder actually make her character worse for other fans.
I see the point, but how can it make her worse in your eyes?
I understand that you liked Cynder more in ANB and TEN (or, I dunno about ANB ). After all, thats what you first saw her to be like..
But are you saying, that a character that has fans going for his/her design can't be good?

A bit of a bleak outlook isn't it?..
#79 Posted: 16:25:47 26/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Some of the fans keep annoying other fans that Cynder is sexy. In the other Spyro forums, there are some fans that keep bragging about DotD Cynder being sexy, sexy, sexy. I've been annoyed by those fans in the other Spyro forums who are obsessed with DotD Cynder.

I'm not talking about the fans who simply like DotD Cynder. I'm talking about the fans who are completely obsessed with her as a sex icon than a video game character, and never stop bragging about her being sexy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:59 26/05/2009 by Aura24
#80 Posted: 16:43:08 26/05/2009
A lot of video game characters out there have obsessive fans in which those fans claim them to be sex icons and what not. Examples are:

Captain Falcon
Lara Croft
Wolf O'Donnell (yes, big fatass moronic idiot Wolf)
Krystal
Peach
Daisy
Rosealina
Luigi
Naked Snake
Solid Snake
Samus
Midna (You know what I mean here)
Lucario
Gardevoir
Sephiroth (sp?)

So yeah, there are weird fans out there. Personally though, I do not find a teen character sexy because she is under age and it would make me look like a big nasty pedophile. Therefore, DotD Cynder is not sexy in my standards. Dark Cynder from ANB is applicable though, because she is an adult.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#81 Posted: 19:25:50 26/05/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
A lot of video game characters out there have obsessive fans in which those fans claim them to be sex icons and what not. Examples are:

Captain Falcon
Lara Croft
Wolf O'Donnell (yes, big fatass moronic idiot Wolf)
Krystal
Peach
Daisy
Rosealina
Luigi
Naked Snake
Solid Snake
Samus
Midna (You know what I mean here)
Lucario
Gardevoir
Sephiroth (sp?)

So yeah, there are weird fans out there. Personally though, I do not find a teen character sexy because she is under age and it would make me look like a big nasty pedophile. Therefore, DotD Cynder is not sexy in my standards. Dark Cynder from ANB is applicable though, because she is an adult.

Samus and Lara Croft are pretty cool...

but Lucario WHAT THE ****?!
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#82 Posted: 19:45:39 26/05/2009
Like I've said so many posts ago, The DoTD Cynder had changes in her character. Everyone said that it's just because they changed game companies... Regardless it that was the reasoning behind it or not, It's still a real effect.

Think about it. We humans go through life, and humans change after major experiances and AS they get older a human's appearance changes, yet everyone gets upset when that happens in a video game character. It's a completely natural stand to have Cynder and Spyro both being more defined in their features and being a little bit larger.

I'm a large fan of CYNDER be it in ANB, TEN, or DoTD, why? because I like Cynder as a character. Because I can relate with her past and how my own life has changed. Has anyone ever stopped and considered that's why others like her? I realized everyone is entitled to voice their own opinions, but where's the point where sharing your opinion on a matter actually becomes a form of flaming? It may not be intentional, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a simalar commonality with how Cynder's life had progress and my own did.
#83 Posted: 20:47:04 26/05/2009
I can relate to Cynder, yes. And yes pun is intended, but why do you think I have a black dragon as my alter ego character for?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#84 Posted: 21:49:09 26/05/2009
I think, imo, one of the reasons people like Cynder so much is that she's the first female dragon character that isn't portrayed as a stereotypical 'girly-girl' (like Ember).
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#85 Posted: 01:26:57 27/05/2009
Yeah that's true; Cynder isn't girly girly type at all. I like females like that. =)
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#86 Posted: 01:53:28 27/05/2009
Some of the fans keep annoying other fans that Cynder is sexy. In the other Spyro forums, there are some fans that keep bragging about DotD Cynder being sexy, sexy, sexy. I've been annoyed by those fans in the other Spyro forums who are obsessed with DotD Cynder.

I'm not talking about the fans who simply like DotD Cynder. I'm talking about the fans who are completely obsessed with her as a sex icon than a video game character, and never stop bragging about her being sexy.

Generally the one thing people associate with "how great DotD was as a game" was just Cynder in general. They don't give any sort of explicit reasoning behind it. It's just "Cynder."

And then there's some of the things that have spawned on the internet thanks to Cynderism. Let's look at FanFiction.net for example. Since DotD's release there has been a massive spike in M-rated Spyro stories. Why are they M-rated exactly? It has nothing to do with violent content (blood, gore and the works) or abusing vulgar language, but it has a hell of a lot to do with lemons. And they are pretty much all SpyroxCynder lemons... stemming from the minds of Cynderist authors.

Adding the word "Cynder" into a fic title or putting "SpyroxCynder" in the description instantly multiplies the number of people who read/review the story.

Cynderist stories are doing to FF.net's Spyro section what the HuluTube concept is threatening to do to YouTube viewers. If you're not authoring a Cynderist story, don't expect it to get reviewed very much at all. It's part of the reason I left that place and tossed the account to a friend of mine (who'll hopefully make better use of it than I did).
---
#87 Posted: 07:00:09 27/05/2009
Uh, I know how to keep these people away from me at least;

Just stick to the WxC pairing for my artwork and stuff. I'll just leave all the SpyroxCynder "things" to the actual companies. (you have to know me to get this)

But I still do not get how a teen dragoness is better than an adult dragoness who's all developed. =/ Seriously, if some of those stories sound as bad as they do. I don't really want to get too into detail, but I'm not all up for... furry child corn. (if you know what I mean)
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#88 Posted: 19:07:01 27/05/2009 | Topic Creator
In my opinion, Sierra almost ruined Cynder's character by changing her design and personality with their ideas. Like I said before, DotD Cynder is like a Mary-Sue version of the real Cynder. At first, at the beginning of DotD, DotD Cynder was acting like TEN Cynder, but then her personality suddenly changes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:11:23 27/05/2009 by Aura24
#89 Posted: 00:44:57 28/05/2009
Read this... tis a good anti-Cynder rant:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/41..._Wrath_of_Chaos
---
#90 Posted: 00:56:59 28/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Now that's a good rant on DotD Cynder. smilie
---
#91 Posted: 03:55:37 28/05/2009
I don't know about you people here. But I think the Romance aspect should be watered down by a longshot. And let the Comedy Factor have the boost.

I've heard about enough of the twitterpation crap. They should go to the Tiny Toons style. Buster and Babs are plain buddies. They should use them as a role modle for the next storyline.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#92 Posted: 03:58:34 28/05/2009
There shouldn't be any romance at all >.< And a LOT more humor...isn't that what the originals were more aimed for? Because playing RR, all I'm finding is cute, witty humor, and none of the cheesy lines or romance DotD had.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#93 Posted: 12:13:07 28/05/2009
The rant was pretty good, expet for the swearing. Oh, and JAK, how old are you? Becuse I think being obessed with loony toons is a little childish. Plus, that kind of think would NEVER fit in a spyro game.
#94 Posted: 12:34:24 28/05/2009
That's kinda off topic I think.. This was about DotD

Anyway, I don't mind the romance, there could just be less of it.
And also about the humor? Nah, TLoS is meant to be more epic and fantasy like. I like it more serious..

And please, don't start a total flamewar because of these posts.. It's just opinions. (I just want to make sure it wont happen here)
Cynder789 Green Sparx Gems: 272
#95 Posted: 16:32:51 28/05/2009
I like her in TEN she is ok DOTD but she is better in her dark form.
---
So i'm random what's new.
#96 Posted: 21:29:05 28/05/2009
Quote: HIR
Read this... tis a good anti-Cynder rant:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/41..._Wrath_of_Chaos

This yours? Bored much?
[Didn't bother continuing by 2nd paragraph.]
#97 Posted: 21:44:27 28/05/2009 | Topic Creator
It was written by Rurik.
---
#98 Posted: 00:48:34 29/05/2009
Quote: Tango
and JAK, how old are you? Becuse I think being obessed with loony toons is a little childish. Plus, that kind of think would NEVER fit in a spyro game.

I am 19. What's so childish about cartoon interests? It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

But Looney Tunes are not childish. Ever watch some of the old ones? They have a different style alltogether.

There is alot of humor aspects to cover. And I think there are key situations where it would be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And to set the record. There are many WB characters. Among them are the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. And many spinoffs. Like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Loonatics. (Yes I know there are many more, But lets keep this short and sweet.)

The same characters have a spirit that can make anyone laugh, But their spirit is derived from us. We should not try to be like the looney Tunes, Because they are trying to be like us.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#99 Posted: 03:48:12 29/05/2009
Well Jak I'd like to talk to you about a little thing called the Animation Age Ghetto...

This Animation Age Ghetto basically means that everyone will always think of cartoons as "for the kids" because of the lack of seriousness many companies starting from the 90s to the present take on trying to make it actually the art form it was like that of the 20s through the 80s.

Although cartoons are great for incredibly slapstick humor (and stuff you can't pull off in real life), many producers started to get all too carried away with crude humor, pop-culture jokes, and over animating many of the characters to near Uncanny Valley status.

Compare a typical 90s or Noughties cartoon to one from before 1990. You'll see that there is a vast amount of difference in quality (the 60s and 70s were the best for toon movies and the 80s seemed to be the time of good TV toons), but as with everything about the 90s, it all went down the toilet thanks to overuse of technology and pop culture.

This is also why many people claim that Eastern Animation (or the anime, despite the fact that anime and cartoons are exactly the same in meaning and term) "ruins kids" because in Japan, it's much harder to film a movie in live action due to the culture and poperazi there, and since it's much easier to find a VA, they use cartoons as the main story format for all their films. Of course, doing math with today's culture, it's all considered a "bad" thing.

Really though, I tend to just laugh at people who get upset whenever somebody claims that cartoons are childish. The reason is of course is that the person who claims cartoons are a serious art form have no idea just what happened between the 90s and now.

And before anyone mentions the Simpsons or South Park, let me remind you that these are Dead Baby Comedies that often get flamed a bunch because not only are they animated, but because they are controversial (Well, maybe not so much the Simpsons, but then again, it's had it's runs with Moral Guardians).

Now as for Spyro the dragon, a little romance isn't bad. Heck, the actual game (not Fan Dumb) didn't shove it down your throat until the end of the game which pretty much was the 2 ton cord of awesomesauce in a way. In fact, enough flavorful romance (as well as some flavorful humor) can actually make the story interesting enough that you'll want to play it the very last ending bite of programing.

Besides, it never hurts being dark and edgy.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#100 Posted: 01:14:52 30/05/2009
I'm not so upset. More of the fact that a judgement of cartoons as childish coming from a fansite like this. Seriously Who's your audience?

Many people have different views on this. Like you say. Cartoons from the 90's changed the outlook. But looking back, their still better han whats on today.

But seriously, Cartoons where way different. Back when they animated to make themselves laugh. Like Tex Avary, and Robert Clampett. Thank God it took off from there.
---
Don't mess with JAK
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me