Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
No More Spyro's??? [CLOSED]
Sam the Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 224
#51 Posted: 15:37:58 20/04/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: tye-dye dragon
A friend of mine told me that there was not going to be any more Spyro games. Instead, there is going to be a load of games with Cynder.

Is this true? I don't really want it to be, as it wont feel right, having Cynder without any Spyro. smilie smilie

And... Does your freind have any proof? Sierra said themselfs there making more games... The whole idea of 'Legend of Cynder' is some stupid rumor that has been spreaded around the internet.

you bet your butt it is!!!! Spyro is an everlasting game that won't loose his thunder for a long time.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#52 Posted: 04:39:52 21/04/2009
Uh...

Unless Spyro was made before 1993, he has almost no chance of surviving, especially against:

-Mario Bros.
-Legend of Zelda
-Metroid
-Final Fantasy
-Tetris
-Sim City (and it's sister The Sims)
-Space Invaders
-Pac Man
-Resident Evil
-Metal Gear Solid
-Castlevania
-Pokemon (it's just annoying, depending on who you ask)
-Asteroids

Most of these long runners will toss the purple dragon clear out of the ring...

Really, long running franchises like these are gonna be over 30 soon, some even 40. Heck, the youngest on there is Pokemon, but let's put it this way; games that bring big changes are what stay forever; attitude the whatever from 1998 trying to take himself seriously has the snowman's chance in hell of lasting another 8 years... 5 if even that.

I mean, no need to be harsh, but:

- Did Spyro save the game industry? Nope. Mario did it (well, ROB did it technically, Mario was just the one who got the credit).

- Did Spyro bring up a new concept into gaming? Not really, because there were games like it before it was made.

- Did Spyro have anything monumental in terms of story, music, or anything artistic? No, nothing really (and by the way Mr. Price was talking, Spyro was totally useless).

I could see Spyro fizziling out, unless this movie actually works...
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#53 Posted: 04:46:29 21/04/2009
Spyro already has phased out quite a bit since it's earlier success. tLoS attempted to bring the series back, but only temporarily helped. Unless Activision makes a breakthrough and pulls something new out of the hat, so to speak, Spyro will be pretty much gone within the next 10 years, if that.
Other series, such as Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Sims, Pokemon, etc have been going strongly for well around 15+ years, some even 20+, so they'll be alive for a while yet. In popularity, those easily beat Spyro, as well as in sales.

So, pretty much, BlackDragonAJ89 is completely right.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#54 Posted: 07:40:35 21/04/2009
A Cynder the Dragon series? What are they up to?
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#55 Posted: 11:31:40 21/04/2009
Unless they have another big down turn, no he will not go away unless Activision loses its marbles as it was one of the more porfitable series owned by VUGames before the merger.
#56 Posted: 03:11:17 22/04/2009
Activision is owned by VUGames and what?

Okay, so is there ANY company left that isn't owned by some mega corp like EA, Micro$oft, Sony, or Nintendo?? I'm really confused...

As for those who agree, I'm shocked people actually see things as they really are...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
tye-dye dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1459
#57 Posted: 17:47:05 22/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Interesting Concept
Zxva The Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 982
#58 Posted: 19:31:41 22/04/2009
Is this topic still going O.o
Ice Fire Gold Sparx Gems: 2790
#59 Posted: 20:37:31 22/04/2009
Quote: Dark Gaia999
I hope it is. James and I agree Cynder should have her piece of the pie. Spyro's done, so it's Cynder's turn.

Yeah i get wat u mean, but like the others said it just won't be the same
---
She pulls up the covers and shivers in fright she hides from the colour that rides on the night
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#60 Posted: 21:08:55 25/04/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
No.
More Spyro games are on the way. smilie They're off the LoS series though. (Thank goodness.)

They'd better be, I've heard a lot of "they aren't going back to the originals" lately and it had me somewhat worried.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#61 Posted: 18:02:32 26/04/2009
Can you prove to me that they are going to make another Spyro game. Just linking the page will be fine, but I really want proof. Another thing, Just to be clear, that dark52 hasn't made any news that there is going to be another Spyro game, but you have. so maybe we could tell proof to dark52 that there is going to be another Spyro game out there. Plan?
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#62 Posted: 05:44:18 27/04/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
Quote: Spyro2008
No.
More Spyro games are on the way. smilie They're off the LoS series though. (Thank goodness.)

They'd better be, I've heard a lot of "they aren't going back to the originals" lately and it had me somewhat worried.

Same here. But they probely are saying it because they are TLOS fans... The company probely havn't even thought about what they are going to do yet so how on earth do they know? They don't, they are just saying it because they don't want TLOS to end and they can't take the fact that TLOS was born just to bring Spyro back up again. I think Serria said themselfs that TLOS was just a serise to bring Spyro back up again. I wouldn't be trusting the TLOS fans who say that they are going to continue TLOS, but it does make me worried...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#63 Posted: 18:22:03 27/04/2009
Well I'm guessing that they're going to end the Spyro series in the center of the next decade. *sigh*
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#64 Posted: 17:15:34 28/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Why should they end Spyro? There are 1000's of Spyro fans out there. I always thought that it was quite popular. How many people are there on this one site that are fans, for example.

smilie Tell me if I am wrong.
#65 Posted: 03:56:44 29/04/2009
Back in the 90s, Spyro didn't make a big enough dent to stop that plumber and hedgehog in which almost everyone should know there name from fighting...

For every Spyro fan, there is 6 Sonic fans and 9 Mario fans. Most Spyro fans like more than one game.

The last good game franchise that hasn't been ran to the ground yet is Pokemon, which came out in 1995.

We shouldn't forget games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Sim City, The Sims, or GTA.

Spyro is a dragon; the media does not like dragons.

With that "math", the proof of Spyro going away in the next few years is incredibly strong.

Oh well, maybe somebody else will make a dragon game when the time comes...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#66 Posted: 04:00:54 29/04/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Okay, so is there ANY company left that isn't owned by some mega corp like EA, Micro$oft, Sony, or Nintendo?? I'm really confused...

...Square Enix *shot*
But, it itself is another one of those gaming world powers, so...
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#67 Posted: 21:19:06 06/05/2009
Quote:
Sierra said themselfs there making more games...

D:
I want old Spyro, not the fake they've replaced him with
#68 Posted: 04:52:58 07/05/2009
Hey, at least they haven't made Leisure Suit Spyro yet...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#69 Posted: 16:58:10 07/05/2009
Well, I for one think that the Spyro movie will kick things in gear again, and will allow them to be able to produce more games as they would be able to expand their fan base. The way things like this work, For people who by some chance don't know about spyro (A crime punishable by death in m opinion but whatever), They would watch the movie, and then would be like, "Hey therre's a game version of this. Let's check it out!"

As for them making a game for Cynder, I personally wouldn't mind it. After all Cynder is my favorite character in the story. Should she be in a story without Spyro? No, I just can't see that. Those two are so entwined I can't see Cynder or spyro being alone in any future games. I would like to se them advance the series at least until Cynder and Spyro are adults though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:28 07/05/2009 by Elazar
#70 Posted: 18:23:24 07/05/2009
I see what you mean there...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#71 Posted: 19:11:39 18/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I like dragons!
#72 Posted: 03:36:23 19/05/2009
^Good for you... smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me