First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Plotholes of DotD [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#51 Posted: 19:47:14 05/04/2009
Quote: Aura24
The Guardians were already at full size at ANB and TEN, they're still the same height in DotD cause Spyro and Cynder are still smaller than them. The teen look in the game doesn't mean Spyro and Cynder grew up in height(they were frozen in time), it means that EL wanted to make them teenagers for the game.

Which still DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#52 Posted: 21:43:28 05/04/2009
The Guardians were already at full size at ANB and TEN, they're still the same height in DotD cause Spyro and Cynder are still smaller than them. The teen look in the game doesn't mean Spyro and Cynder grew up in height(they were frozen in time), it means that EL wanted to make them teenagers for the game.

how do you know there full hight?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 21:47:00 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, the Guardians are already old dragons and they probably can't grow anymore bigger. Spyro and Cynder weren't suppose to grow up in height or appearance since they were frozen in time for three years. EL made it look like they grew up, but in truth, they didn't.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#54 Posted: 21:52:16 05/04/2009
^ but the fact is dragons arnt like us for all we now thwy mite have brest
Cynderplayer Green Sparx Gems: 101
#55 Posted: 23:31:42 05/04/2009
Mabey the jewlry was invisable untill they were frozen? idk.. xD
---
Ride Out this storm... and live to see another day.
#56 Posted: 23:34:02 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator
No, Cynder didn't have the iron jewelry on in TEN, and the Apes didn't put them on her either. EL thought it would a great idea for Cynder to suddenly have on the iron jewelry when they're not supposed to be on her in the first place.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:26 05/04/2009 by Aura24
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#57 Posted: 01:47:00 06/04/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Shrazer320
Quote: bionicle2809
At the end of TEN the walls didn't actualy collapse on them... Just around them... That doesn't mean that they moved the crystal... It was probably always there...

Then where'd all the debris (LIEK THE TUMBLIN RAWKS) go?

In the first cutscene you can see that there are rocks and stuff all around them... Look for yourself, oh wait... I forgot... You got rid of the game as soon as you got iy :P (JK)

Honestly, I almost literally did... Then a couple weeks ago I bought, copied, and sold the PS2 version. Now I can play it for free. :3

And I'll take a look.

Quote: DARK CINDER
as for the hight thing has it occord to you that iggy and co could have grown up ¬_¬

Considering it seems that adult dragons don't grow in this series, no.

Quote: Tango
"Spyro! Go run my bath! It's your destiny!"

Now I think about it...Spyro could become your slave with three simple words.
"It's you destiny!"

XD Yup!
#58 Posted: 02:16:15 06/04/2009
No, Cynder didn't have the iron jewelry on in TEN, and the Apes didn't put them on her either. EL thought it would a great idea for Cynder to suddenly have on the iron jewelry when they're not supposed to be on her in the first place.

They make her look darker. So that's one aspect I actually prefer. <.<;
---
#59 Posted: 02:36:14 06/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but still the iron jewelry is a symbol of Cynder's imprisonment to Malefor, and having them off symbolizes her freedom from his control. Does it make sense that they suddenly appeared on her inside the time crystal in DotD when they clearly weren't on her at the end of TEN?
---
#60 Posted: 03:07:44 06/04/2009
Of course not... there was clearly some sort of a mix up leading to a plothole. At the same time, they have connections to the dark powers she got in DotD. Think about it: in TEN she didn't have them. At the same time, she was also powerless. We never saw her use a breath attack, correct?
---
#61 Posted: 02:28:18 07/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that's right. She had no breath attacks in TEN.
---
#62 Posted: 14:45:23 07/04/2009
Exactly! So there's some connection. Bizarre as it might be, the next developer could find away to connect the jewelry to her powers. It would be an annoying plothole to fill, but tis possible. p_o
---
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#63 Posted: 01:04:06 08/04/2009
I think the Jewlrey would be better as an armor addition, Like in a few cutscenes you can wear the armor you found.

I should get bracelets like hers.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#64 Posted: 01:54:51 09/04/2009
The closest thing you could get to that is spiked dog collars.
---
#65 Posted: 01:58:48 09/04/2009
I should make some, I have acesss to a gas welder, and a grinder.

It would look way cooler then the huge sportswatch on my left hand, and the four silicon braclets on the other.

Rubber braclets are not just a feminin thing.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#66 Posted: 08:23:08 09/04/2009
Here's a plothole

If their teenagers....

Where is the Emotional spikes?
#67 Posted: 11:07:20 09/04/2009
Well, the Guardians are already old dragons and they probably can't grow anymore bigger. Spyro and Cynder weren't suppose to grow up in height or appearance since they were frozen in time for three years. EL made it look like they grew up, but in truth, they didn't.

the fact is they did they made the game not you and the time cyristle was ment to o that it kept them safe and fed for 3 years and about hunter finding them well malfo dident exsacly look the same in those pictures
#68 Posted: 01:17:21 10/04/2009 | Topic Creator
These changes is mostly the change of developer's fault. If they did DotD with Krome Studios, then changed to a new developer afterwards, then it would've made more sense having to turn them into teenagers and all. But they all did it for Spyro's 10th anniversary.

At first I was excited to play DotD when it first came out, and I finished the game several times. Then realization kicked in, and I was thinking how did Spyro and Cynder grow up inside the crystal when they were suppose to look like little dragons, and how did Cynder get the iron jewelry back on her while she was inside the crystal when she clearly didn't have them on at the end of TEN.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:16 10/04/2009 by Aura24
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#69 Posted: 09:29:50 10/04/2009
I feel you, Aura24. DotD seemed so great at first, but when you actually think about it...eugh. What a let down. :/

The explanation is that Activision took the development away from Krome (who had been working on the game for at least a year prior to being let go) and gave it to EL, who had maybe eight months to start from scratch. The dragons didn't grow, it was just a change in art style. And that is just one of a dozen or more plot holes and points of confusion created by the change in devs.

When will anyone learn that you shouldn't change a game that's had an established style for two games?
#70 Posted: 16:15:57 10/04/2009 | Topic Creator
You gotta blame Activision for switching DotD from Krome to EL then. They thought it was a good idea to merge Sierra wth Activision in early 2008, but couldn't wait at least till the end of the year to do it and they completely cancelled another good Spyro without even knowing. Still, they could've made Spyro and Cynder the same as they were in TEN. But no. They decided to make them teenagers instead, creating plotholes, and messing up with Cynder's design.

I know, it was for Spyro's 10th anniversary and all, but still they could've had him and Cynder fly freely when they're small dragons.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#71 Posted: 16:23:41 10/04/2009
You gotta blame Activision for switching DotD from Krome to EL then. They thought it was a good idea to merge Sierra wth Activision in early 2008, but couldn't wait at least till the end of the year to do it and they completely cancelled another good Spyro without even knowing. Still, they could've made Spyro and Cynder the same as they were in TEN. But no. They decided to make them teenagers instead, creating plotholes, and messing up with Cynder's design.

Sierra chose EL before they merged with Activision.
#72 Posted: 16:48:19 10/04/2009 | Topic Creator
My mistake then. You gotta blame Sierra for switching developers.
---
#73 Posted: 23:20:13 10/04/2009

I know, it was for Spyro's 10th anniversary and all, but still they could've had him and Cynder fly freely when they're small dragons.

No wonder There are so many Lemons and FLuff in the fandom
#74 Posted: 04:43:55 12/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, it's already done. They even said they were going to add more scenes to DotD, but didn't have time since they were rushing the game.
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#75 Posted: 20:14:07 12/04/2009
Err...I THINK I found one...but it may just be me being stupid.

When you defeat the golem, your STILL in the city right? So how come when your going to LEAVE the city to kill the destroyer, you can't open the gates because they were made as "An exit for the city, not for going back in"?
#76 Posted: 20:30:14 12/04/2009 | Topic Creator
No, it's not a plothole. The Ruins of Warfang seems to serve as a one-way passage to outside of the city near the Dam, and it's been locked from the inside by individuals since it hasn't been used for who knows how long. So if anyone wanted to go outside of Warfang back to their homes, they probably take the passageway since it leads to nearby forests and woodlands.
---
#77 Posted: 20:32:24 12/04/2009
So...warfang was a city? That explains it.
#78 Posted: 20:35:09 12/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Warfang is also nicknamed Dragon City.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:35:48 12/04/2009 by Aura24
#79 Posted: 20:35:49 12/04/2009
WHAT?!

Now I'm confused. I thought they were to seperate citys.
#80 Posted: 20:36:55 12/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Nope, the other inhabitants call Warfang both 'The Dragon City' and its name, 'Warfang'.
---
#81 Posted: 20:42:28 12/04/2009
Ohhhhhhhhhh......now I get it. Thanks. ^^;
#82 Posted: 05:36:03 14/04/2009
Fun fact: Warfang is not the Dragon City. Warfang is the name of the ruins under the Dragon City. I realized this after paying more attention to the level names. smilie

That didn't have much to do with anything, I just wanted to share.

And, yes, Sierra goofed majorly by switching developers for DotD. Krome had been working on the game (they confirmed that they were working on the final installment in the trilogy when TEN came out). But Sierra was behind AHT, so they've never been the best with this franchise to begin with...
#83 Posted: 05:46:25 14/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Fun fact: Warfang is not the Dragon City. Warfang is the name of the ruins under the Dragon City. I realized this after paying more attention to the level names. smilie

"We'll follow the river, it will lead us to shelter where we can rest. And then we're off to Warfang, the Dragon City, where Ignitus will be expecting us." - Hunter, Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

But Warfang and the Dragon City ARE the same place, Hunter even said so in the game.

And, yes, Sierra goofed majorly by switching developers for DotD. Krome had been working on the game (they confirmed that they were working on the final installment in the trilogy when TEN came out). But Sierra was behind AHT, so they've never been the best with this franchise to begin with...

That was a big mistake.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:56:42 14/04/2009 by Aura24
#84 Posted: 10:08:33 14/04/2009
These changes is mostly the change of developer's fault. If they did DotD with Krome Studios, then changed to a new developer afterwards, then it would've made more sense having to turn them into teenagers and all. But they all did it for Spyro's 10th anniversary.

At first I was excited to play DotD when it first came out, and I finished the game several times. Then realization kicked in, and I was thinking how did Spyro and Cynder grow up inside the crystal when they were suppose to look like little dragons, and how did Cynder get the iron jewelry back on her while she was inside the crystal when she clearly didn't have them on at the end of TEN.

yes such a thing destroyed the game forever smilie
#85 Posted: 21:24:31 14/04/2009
Quote: HIR
Exactly! So there's some connection. Bizarre as it might be, the next developer could find away to connect the jewelry to her powers. It would be an annoying plothole to fill, but tis possible. p_o

oo Like Shadow's rings... somewhat. XD

I feel you, Aura24. DotD seemed so great at first, but when you actually think about it...eugh. What a let down. :/

The explanation is that Activision took the development away from Krome (who had been working on the game for at least a year prior to being let go) and gave it to EL, who had maybe eight months to start from scratch. The dragons didn't grow, it was just a change in art style. And that is just one of a dozen or more plot holes and points of confusion created by the change in devs.

When will anyone learn that you shouldn't change a game that's had an established style for two games?

Exactly how I felt. I also felt like I was conned out of 50 bucks.

:/ They... wow. :/

Never. *facepalm*

Quote: Tango
WHAT?!

Now I'm confused. I thought they were to seperate citys.

N-No... Oo

Fun fact: Warfang is not the Dragon City. Warfang is the name of the ruins under the Dragon City. I realized this after paying more attention to the level names. XD

._. I liked AHT... it was weird, but very strangly enjoyable.
#86 Posted: 02:23:47 15/04/2009
Now that I've played EtD, I kind of like AHT, too. smilie It's got Teena, Ice Princess, Red, and drunk Zoe in it, so it's not entirely without merit. smilie

Thanks for the correction, Aura24. I was reading off the level names themselves.
#87 Posted: 07:00:37 15/04/2009
Drunk zoe? LOl
#88 Posted: 21:39:35 15/04/2009
Seriously! She is so hammered in AHT. It's hilarious. Spyro himself sounds pretty drunk, too, but he's an angry, bitter drunk. smilie (There's one part where he actually slurs his words. It cracks me up.)
#89 Posted: 22:01:28 15/04/2009
Seriously! She is so hammered in AHT. It's hilarious. Spyro himself sounds pretty drunk, too, but he's an angry, bitter drunk. smilie (There's one part where he actually slurs his words. It cracks me up.)

she is not

BTW LOVE YOUR NAME!!!! ITS AWSOME
#90 Posted: 23:55:54 15/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I can't believe they were planning on doing DotD with Krome, until Sierra pulled them out of the project and made them had to do the game with EL instead. That was the biggest mistake Sierra has ever made.
---
#91 Posted: 00:01:06 16/04/2009
That would be a matter of preference. I trust Sierra knows what their doing. I mean they published/made some of my favorite games.

For a long time it was KQV, and a few others of that nature.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#92 Posted: 00:07:40 16/04/2009 | Topic Creator
They had to start DotD from scratch with EL, and rushed the game. They even said they were going to add more scenes with Cyril and Volteer, but they didn't have time cause they were rushing the game to be made before October.

Krome was already starting on DotD once they finished TEN, but they were pulled out from the project. I bet they were going to add the included scenes in the game if they completely did DotD.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:21 16/04/2009 by Aura24
#93 Posted: 02:16:01 16/04/2009
It doesn't make any sense why you'd change developers when they're already working on the game you're trying to make! If Sierra did it because they were hoping for better public and critical reception of a Spyro game then that was a huge flop. They rushed a deadline on an entirely random development company that 95% of the video game world has probably never heard of. No doubt the finished product will feel, well... unfinished to say the least. I bet they did it to save money. <_<;
---
#94 Posted: 02:39:02 16/04/2009 | Topic Creator
It makes me think they should've done DotD with Krome instead now, but we know we won't be able to play the game with the developer that made the first two LoS trilogy games....

And I found the response to the development change by Chris Wilson on the Sierra forums before it was closed down to be reopened at the Activision site sometime this early April.

Regarding your question, when we began working with the new team at EL, we took the opportunity to explore different looks and "ages" for Spyro and Cynder. We also had to make some changes to allow for the new gameplay features, such as needing larger wings to work with the flight feature and to allow the characters to block with their wings. The team came up with a variety of concepts and we settled on what you see in DotD. We didn't want to change it too much, but it was a good opportunity to allow the characters to grow up a bit (just like many of the fans were growing up too). It was also a good time to make this change given that it was the 10 year anniversarry for the Franchise. Had we made the game with Krome, its difficult to say what would have happened, but I'm sure there would have still been some changes. Since this was the first time Spyro was on the next-generation consoles, we had to update the model to take advantage of the new technology on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:53:03 16/04/2009 by Aura24
#95 Posted: 03:06:13 16/04/2009
Since this was the first time Spyro was on the next-generation consoles, we had to update the model to take advantage of the new technology on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Too bad that idea didn't end up working either. Spyro's design was almost as blocky as the Insomniac days... and there were graphical glitches and bugs. <.<;
---
#96 Posted: 03:11:36 16/04/2009 | Topic Creator
They should've stuck with Krome, without Sierra barging in on the project, until the LoS trilogy is over.
---
#97 Posted: 04:44:12 16/04/2009
Seriously! She is so hammered in AHT. It's hilarious. Spyro himself sounds pretty drunk, too, but he's an angry, bitter drunk. :D (There's one part where he actually slurs his words. It cracks me up.)

Oh my gawd.. XD

Quote: HIR
Since this was the first time Spyro was on the next-generation consoles, we had to update the model to take advantage of the new technology on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Too bad that idea didn't end up working either. Spyro's design was almost as blocky as the Insomniac days... and there were graphical glitches and bugs. <.<;

Yeah...

At least it didn't come out like Lair. The graphics were great except for the shading. >< Unless I'm playing it out in the living room with big ol' PROJECTION TV, the dragons may sometimes blend in with a back round and be unseeable.
#98 Posted: 05:01:15 16/04/2009
I do find it odd that they wanted to update Spyro and Cynder's look for the new consoles, but what really got updated more than anything was the scenery.

As for ActivisionBlizzard yanking development from Krome, this sort of thing unfortunately happens a lot in this industry, especially in gaming. It was a bad idea, it always is, but big companies rarely ever understand why (or even that it is).

We did get to see the tiniest bit of Krome's work back when most of the areas of the official DotD site were under construction. In the "characters" page where it said "coming soon" we got to see the silhouettes of Spyro, Cynder, and several enemies (none of which appear in DotD as far as I can remember). Spyro and Cynder's silhouettes looked the same as they did for ANB and TEN.

It all just makes me sad. I really do like the art in DotD, I just wish they would have waited for the next game (the one that comes when the trilogy with its established style is over with), or the movie. With the change in art style, story, and tone, I didn't even feel like I was still playing LoS most of the time. The only similarity to the previous games it had for me were the character names and some of the music.
#99 Posted: 05:35:18 16/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I do find it odd that they wanted to update Spyro and Cynder's look for the new consoles, but what really got updated more than anything was the scenery.

As for ActivisionBlizzard yanking development from Krome, this sort of thing unfortunately happens a lot in this industry, especially in gaming. It was a bad idea, it always is, but big companies rarely ever understand why (or even that it is).

We did get to see the tiniest bit of Krome's work back when most of the areas of the official DotD site were under construction. In the "characters" page where it said "coming soon" we got to see the silhouettes of Spyro, Cynder, and several enemies (none of which appear in DotD as far as I can remember). Spyro and Cynder's silhouettes looked the same as they did for ANB and TEN.

It all just makes me sad. I really do like the art in DotD, I just wish they would have waited for the next game (the one that comes when the trilogy with its established style is over with), or the movie. With the change in art style, story, and tone, I didn't even feel like I was still playing LoS most of the time. The only similarity to the previous games it had for me were the character names and some of the music.

Me too, Razz...I just hope they won't make the same mistake again in the future. If they did all the LoS trilogy by Krome, then there wouldn't be any plotholes or confusions. ActivisionBlizzard could've waited until the trilogy was over, but no, they decided to make it worse by changing game developers when they should've left it alone.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:39:40 16/04/2009 by Aura24
#100 Posted: 06:53:16 16/04/2009
Yep. And it got them nowhere, ultimately. DotD's review scores are no better (and many are much worse) than ANB's were.

Oh, I just realized further proof that Krome was working on the follow up to TEN: remember that bit of concept art of Ignitus wearing armor? Yeah. I bet I know what that was for. Siiiiigh.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me