First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What is so good about it [CLOSED]
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#51 Posted: 02:03:08 21/02/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
There, I have said everything. Now can we PLEASE do what Wanderist said and get along? And can we look at the good things about this game instead off always looking at the bad points? Please?

Please read what is said in bold letters.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
MrHenky Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#52 Posted: 08:37:45 21/02/2009
Quote: dingodile555
Quote: Tango
Maybe the older games would get respect if people stoped making these damn topics.

This was never intended to turn into a "DOTD SUCKS"

Oh, come on, give me a break! This whole thread is a flamewar. It was, it is and it will be. It's just like you goes to the PlayStation forum and said "PS SUCKS". What doy think you will achieve with this? You obviously don't like this game, so why asking others, why their like it? You thought it will make it a better game? That you will like it more? You've got stupid answers to a stupid question.
Nevertheless, we all know by now, that only YOUR points are valid.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:20:06 21/02/2009 by MrHenky
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#53 Posted: 10:16:17 21/02/2009
Maybe the older games would get respect if people stoped making these damn topics.

This was never intended to turn into a "DOTD SUCKS" topic but because you guys' insecurity and sensitivity towards people who don't worship this game like it's God's gift to Spyro fans it has turned into just that.

I don't care whether you respect the old games or not... I never even brought that up.

And why do you keep asking me and HIR if we have God complexes? Obviously we do.

smilie shure it wasent and one day when thats true books shall fly out of the T.V.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#54 Posted: 11:39:06 21/02/2009
The graphics are nice. That's it.

They overused the bloom effect :/
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#55 Posted: 12:28:10 21/02/2009

This was never intended to turn into a "DOTD SUCKS" topic but because you guys' insecurity and sensitivity towards people who don't worship this game like it's God's gift to Spyro fans it has turned into just that.

I don't care whether you respect the old games or not... I never even brought that up.

And why do you keep asking me and HIR if we have God complexes? Obviously we do.

Then you both need therapy.
#56 Posted: 13:23:39 21/02/2009
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
The graphics are nice. That's it.

They overused the bloom effect :/

Bloom? I thought they used HDR.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#57 Posted: 18:54:17 21/02/2009
There, I have said everything. Now can we PLEASE do what Wanderist said and get along? And can we look at the good things about this game instead off always looking at the bad points? Please?

You agree with me? Thanks!
#58 Posted: 19:30:15 21/02/2009
Quote: wanderist

i agree with you this guy WANTED a flame war he new it i meen i cant stand the people on this site that hate spyro THEN WHY COME HERE
#59 Posted: 19:58:24 21/02/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER

i agree with you this guy WANTED a flame war he new it i meen i cant stand the people on this site that hate spyro THEN WHY COME HERE

Yeah! Your right!
prysm Red Sparx Gems: 70
#60 Posted: 20:52:29 21/02/2009
Old spyro fans are just too excited to not love this game. If you look back at the first few games, Spyro has come a long way and the first fans are proud of this. Newer fans may think it's worth crap, but the older ones are just happy to see this series evolve. smilie
---
The reason is pickles.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#61 Posted: 21:47:23 21/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
MY FAULT!!! THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

...Yeah, it was.

You said you could list 50 reasons, so we asked for your crediblity, that of which you obviously lack.

And can you muster up some maturity and turn off the caps lock button?

1. IT WAS NOT
2. There isn't a problem with caps lock!
3. I didn't say I COULD ACTUALLY list 50!
4. I don't lack anything! I listed my 9 reasons.
Now, lets do something amazing! LETS GET ALONG!!!!!!

1. Keep lying to yourself, go on.
2. Riiight...
3. Quote: wanderist
ARE YOU OKAY??????? WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHY THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME??????? Gosh, do I have to go through this list? there are over 50 things for it!!!!

Can you stop making a fool out of yourself?
4. You said you had a list of 50 reasons.
If we all got along, we'd still be cavemen. Conflict breeds creativity.

EDIT: How many topics is there, saying that DOTD sucks? And how many times THE SAME people trash DOTD in different topics?

1: DOTD, overated?
2: A topic about "DOTD sucks" made by Spyro2008
3: This topic
4: The truth
5: Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. The same people are ditching DOTD in that topic.
6: Game design (WAT DO YOU WANT!!?) Again, almost all off THE SAME people are ditching DOTD. The title is also sorta trashing DOTD if you think about it.

Any game will be good and bad reviews; it just depends on how much of either for the game.

Oh, and you mean "dissing"? 'Cause "ditching" makes little sense...

Quote: HIR
I think it's easy to see where the dividing line between the ages of the people here... and whether they hate/like DotD is. <_< I HAVE SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATIONS! ^_^

@_@ Yeah...

And now everyone's "challening" you when the the findings are so obvious.

You yourself are not helping. Most of us like Spyro in general, but that doesn't mean we have to think this is God's gift to us.

Quote: prysm
Old spyro fans are just too excited to not love this game. If you look back at the first few games, Spyro has come a long way and the first fans are proud of this. Newer fans may think it's worth crap, but the older ones are just happy to see this series evolve. :D

I've been a Spyro fan for almost a decade, and I was excited about it, but do I love it? Eff no; I hate it so much I got rid of the PS3 version, bought the PS2 version, then copied and burned it to a DVD. Now I just have to see if my PS3 will play it.

When anything evolves, it has to be for good; if an omnivorous creature evolves to eat only plants or meat, is that more likely to hurt it (less food options) or help it?
#62 Posted: 21:50:30 21/02/2009

You yourself are not helping. Most of us like Spyro in general, but that doesn't mean we have to think this is God's gift to us.

spyro gods gift far from it if he was they would just stop spyro now i think and im just stating about them people that hate him in genrell say the games suck onthis site i meen its pointless
#63 Posted: 23:49:27 21/02/2009

---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#64 Posted: 02:04:24 22/02/2009

spyro gods gift far from it if he was they would just stop spyro now i think and im just stating about them people that hate him in genrell say the games suck onthis site i meen its pointless

I... can't understand you...

._. I'm just sayin'...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#65 Posted: 04:25:45 22/02/2009
I think it's easy to see where the dividing line between the ages of the people here... and whether they hate/like DotD is. <_< I HAVE SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATIONS! ^_^

Ah, so you also have a God complex?

No, I have a COMPLEX THAT HAS FURY!!! ^_______________^

Well, my observation is simply that people who like DotD are younger. They're probably so young, they're not old enough to play a really awesome combat oriented game like God of War or Devil May Cry, so that's why they think DotD is one of the greatest combat-oriented games they've ever seen! IT'S BRILLIANT! AIYEEE-HA-HA!
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#66 Posted: 04:28:25 22/02/2009

...Yeah, it was.

You said you could list 50 reasons, so we asked for your crediblity, that of which you obviously lack.

And can you muster up some maturity and turn off the caps lock button?

1. IT WAS NOT
2. There isn't a problem with caps lock!
3. I didn't say I COULD ACTUALLY list 50!
4. I don't lack anything! I listed my 9 reasons.
Now, lets do something amazing! LETS GET ALONG!!!!!!

1. Keep lying to yourself, go on.
2. Riiight...
3. Quote: wanderist
ARE YOU OKAY??????? WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHY THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME??????? Gosh, do I have to go through this list? there are over 50 things for it!!!!

Can you stop making a fool out of yourself?
4. You said you had a list of 50 reasons.
If we all got along, we'd still be cavemen. Conflict breeds creativity.

EDIT: How many topics is there, saying that DOTD sucks? And how many times THE SAME people trash DOTD in different topics?

1: DOTD, overated?
2: A topic about "DOTD sucks" made by Spyro2008
3: This topic
4: The truth
5: Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. The same people are ditching DOTD in that topic.
6: Game design (WAT DO YOU WANT!!?) Again, almost all off THE SAME people are ditching DOTD. The title is also sorta trashing DOTD if you think about it.

Any game will be good and bad reviews; it just depends on how much of either for the game.

I think it's easy to see where the dividing line between the ages of the people here... and whether they hate/like DotD is. smilie I HAVE SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATIONS! smilie

@_@ Yeah...

And now everyone's "challening" you when the the findings are so obvious.

Quote: prysm
Old spyro fans are just too excited to not love this game. If you look back at the first few games, Spyro has come a long way and the first fans are proud of this. Newer fans may think it's worth crap, but the older ones are just happy to see this series evolve. smilie

I've been a Spyro fan for almost a decade, and I was excited about it, but do I love it? Eff no; I hate it so much I got rid of the PS3 version, bought the PS2 version, then copied and burned it to a DVD. Now I just have to see if my PS3 will play it.

When anything evolves, it has to be for good; if an omnivorous creature evolves to eat only plants or meat, is that more likely to hurt it (less food options) or help it?

I'm not making a fool out of myself! And I'm not lying to myself! I haven't done anything wrong.And I'm trying to be nice. I don't like being mean. But....... as I've said in my sig once already I'm not going to be nice if people aren't nice to me. So does this need to go on? Can't we PLEASE just get along?
#67 Posted: 09:39:12 22/02/2009

ill exsplain it more simpaly then...i just...DO NOT... like people who hate spyro on this site
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#68 Posted: 14:11:56 22/02/2009

Well, my observation is simply that people who like DotD are younger. They're probably so young, they're not old enough to play a really awesome combat oriented game like God of War or Devil May Cry, so that's why they think DotD is one of the greatest combat-oriented games they've ever seen! IT'S BRILLIANT! AIYEEE-HA-HA!

Well, actually, I'm 11 (12 soon) I don't really like combat games. I just like Spyro. I don't like really easy games, I don't like games where your screaming at the Tv because it's so hard. DOTD was neither. So it's good enough.

I don't have many games because I'm not a gaming freak, so you can't tell me I'm stupid because I think the DOTD combat is good. Because I've never experianced a better one. Therfore, making topics likethis is pointless, stupid and moranic.
#69 Posted: 16:08:47 22/02/2009

ill exsplain it more simpaly then...i just...DO NOT... like people who hate spyro on this site

The question is why on Earth they are here? Or, where in the hell are Mods/Admin? What's the point making same topics with different names? This forum is a mess, it really needs a clean up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:32 22/02/2009 by MrHenky
#70 Posted: 16:29:36 22/02/2009
Well, we have one admin. He responds to situations that need confronting. A debate is not a situation that needs confronting. ^.^b
---
#71 Posted: 16:48:40 22/02/2009
Quote: MrHenky

The question is why on Earth they are here? Or, where in the hell are Mods/Admin? What's the point making same topics with different names? This forum is mess, it really needs a clean up.

exsacly theres lik 10 on whos gonna die 9 on is it good 18 on sparxes voice and 12 on cynders voice
#72 Posted: 12:11:29 23/02/2009
Quote: MrHenky

The question is why on Earth they are here? Or, where in the hell are Mods/Admin? What's the point making same topics with different names? This forum is mess, it really needs a clean up.

exsacly theres lik 10 on whos gonna die 9 on is it good 18 on sparxes voice and 12 on cynders voice

And theres about 5 or 4 topics saying that DOTD sucks (including this topic)

._. I'm just sayin'...

I know. smilie

Well, actually, I'm 11 (12 soon) I don't really like combat games. I just like Spyro. I don't like really easy games, I don't like games where your screaming at the Tv because it's so hard. DOTD was neither. So it's good enough.

I don't have many games because I'm not a gaming freak, so you can't tell me I'm stupid because I think the DOTD combat is good. Because I've never experianced a better one. Therfore, making topics likethis is pointless, stupid and moranic.

I agree. And I'm not really young. I'm 12 turning 13 this year *points to birthday date in guestbook and proffile* I don't really like games with alot off combat. I like games like AHT and STD. Thats why hate ANB and TEN... The reason why I love DOTD is because it has alot off exploring in it, the storyline is quit good, its not too hard and its not too easy and theres alot more reasons to why I like this game. And the combat was okay. The reason why I don't play games like God of War is because there probely 15 plus games and I'm under the age of 15. Also, I don't like games when people chop other people's heads off and stuff. Another reason why I don't play those games is because my perants will think I'm insane if I get a game thats rated MA and has blood and gore and all those stuff in it...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#73 Posted: 23:04:34 24/02/2009

I don't have many games because I'm not a gaming freak, so you can't tell me I'm stupid because I think the DOTD combat is good. Because I've never experienced a better one. Therefore, making topics like this is pointless, stupid and moronic.

FIX'D FOR GREAT JUSTICE! ^.^b

Exactly the point. I'm 8 years ahead of you and I felt the game to be one of the easiest things I've ever played. Other combat games which are geared to an OLDER audience are not only more difficult, but the fighting systems are just better. The Legend games were marketed as a combat-oriented trilogy, which is exactly why I approach DotD as if it was a fighting game. I really did think it was a major blunder, and could've used another year in the development studios. I don't care how much people were in suspense from TEN, a game's not worth playing just for a story. The gameplay is rather important too.

I agree. And I'm not really young. I'm 12 turning 13 this year *points to birthday date in guestbook and profile* I don't really like games with a lot off combat. I like games like AHT and STD. Thats why hate ANB and TEN... The reason why I love DOTD is because it has a lot off exploring in it, the storyline is quit good, its not too hard and its not too easy and there's a lot more reasons to why I like this game. And the combat was okay. The reason why I don't play games like God of War is because there probably 15 plus games and I'm under the age of 15. Also, I don't like games when people chop other people's heads off and stuff. Another reason why I don't play those games is because my parents will think I'm insane if I get a game that's rated MA and has blood and gore and all those stuff in it...

There was exploration in DotD? WHEREWHEREWHERE?! Any exploration that did exist, was completely killed by the game's poor flight controls and lack of ability to die if you fail to "platform" correctly. And a major aspect of exploration is platforming, which DotD didn't have, since you couldn't die. >_>
---
#74 Posted: 23:43:59 25/02/2009
Okay, dingodile555 (I'm SO sorry if I spelled that wrong) there is no real way for us to tell you why we think it's awesome because we all have different opinions. And you may disagree with all of them. smilie
#75 Posted: 01:05:22 26/02/2009
I'm not making a fool out of myself! And I'm not lying to myself! I haven't done anything wrong.And I'm trying to be nice. I don't like being mean. But....... as I've said in my sig once already I'm not going to be nice if people aren't nice to me. So does this need to go on? Can't we PLEASE just get along?

And with that I'd be happy to see you leave. Go on, keep the trend going.

...When did I say I didn't like Spyro?

._. I'm just sayin'...

I know. ;)

HEY! TT *bites*
#76 Posted: 01:08:35 26/02/2009

And with that I'd be happy to see you leave. Go on, keep the trend going.

...When did I say I didn't like Spyro?

._. I'm just sayin'...

I know. smilie

HEY! TT *bites*

*bangs head on table* This doesn't need to go on! you are the one keeping this going! I never even did anything to you and you want me to LEAVE!?
supermalefor Green Sparx Gems: 148
#77 Posted: 01:13:48 26/02/2009
Ladies, ladies, please!

Edit: wanderist, yur always telling me, "forgive and forget." This is the perfect time to do it. Why dont you forgive Shrazer, just like you did with S2008?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:02 26/02/2009 by supermalefor
#78 Posted: 01:50:23 26/02/2009
*bangs head on table* This doesn't need to go on! you are the one keeping this going! I never even did anything to you and you want me to LEAVE!?

I merely said it because you suggested it.

I'm not someone who'll give up willy-nilly.

Quote: supermalefor
Ladies, ladies, please!

Edit: wanderist, yur always telling me, "forgive and forget." This is the perfect time to do it. Why dont you forgive Shrazer, just like you did with S2008?

*flaunts around* >:3

TT Oh great, now I'm classified as S2008?

ALRIGHT EVERYONE! ASSEMBLE IN THIS LINE *points* IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF ME, OR ASSEMBLE IN THIS LINE *points again* IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF S2008!

*slap'd silly*
#79 Posted: 01:52:21 26/02/2009

I merely said it because you suggested it.

I'm not someone who'll give up willy-nilly.

Quote: supermalefor
Ladies, ladies, please!

*flaunts around* >:3

TT Oh great, now I'm classified as S2008?

ALRIGHT EVERYONE! ASSEMBLE IN THIS LINE *points* IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF ME, OR ASSEMBLE IN THIS LINE *points again* IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF S2008!

*slap'd silly*

1. I didn't suggest anything!
2. No, you arent classified as Spyro2008.
#80 Posted: 02:46:35 26/02/2009
1. TT Yeah you did...
2. :3 So which line do you want? *slap'd for still screwing around*
#81 Posted: 08:08:23 26/02/2009
._. I'm just sayin'...

I know. smilie

HEY! TT *bites*

D: *runs*
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#82 Posted: 22:40:13 26/02/2009
1. TT Yeah you did...
2. :3 So which line do you want? *slap'd for still screwing around*

Oh yeah. smilie Me and my bad memory. smilie Well, I forgot. What did I suggest again?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me