Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Do You Think That This is the Last Skylanders Game?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Do You Think That This is the Last Skylanders Game? [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#51 Posted: 16:03:33 02/01/2016
But there was a discussion last year that plenty of collectors were in here about how most Walmarts don't even bother with it anymore, even the other franchises(though it was before Dimensions came out). One store not caring about stocking doesn't mean the franchise is failing,if it's happening to the other games then it's a problem with the store itself.

Hell if I know how it works because it's not on my country(and as I said a dozen times, the franchise got cancelled here over abusive taxes and not sales), but if it's the only place, doesn't seem like it's entirely related.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#52 Posted: 18:26:13 02/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
But there was a discussion last year that plenty of collectors were in here about how most Walmarts don't even bother with it anymore, even the other franchises(though it was before Dimensions came out). One store not caring about stocking doesn't mean the franchise is failing,if it's happening to the other games then it's a problem with the store itself.

Hell if I know how it works because it's not on my country(and as I said a dozen times, the franchise got cancelled here over abusive taxes and not sales), but if it's the only place, doesn't seem like it's entirely related.

Easy there...I went back a few posts and I think the poster was just making a general comment about the stock at his/her local Walmart. He/she wasn't specifically using it as an arguing point for a franchise failure as you're making it out to seem. Please don't take one post out of context and get so defensive about it.

As more of a general note from me about observation of many Walmart stores throughout states in the northeast US, one word comes to mind - neglect. If Activision had proper representatives dedicated to making sure their product was properly stocked and displayed in Walmart stores, then there would have never been a super long thread last year about how poorly Walmarts stock Skylanders and how some stores have stopped carrying them. Although presentation still varies from store to store, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions seem to be better stocked and have nicer displays at Walmart stores. They must have reps going around to stores to ensure proper display and presentation. If Activision cared, they would do the same...I guess they got too comfortable in the days of Spyros Adventure and Giants when products would magically print money for them. They need to change with the times and increased competition.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#53 Posted: 23:49:16 02/01/2016
Quote: mastermc54
Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions seem to be better stocked and have nicer displays at Walmart stores. They must have reps going around to stores to ensure proper display and presentation. If Activision cared, they would do the same...I guess they got too comfortable in the days of Spyros Adventure and Giants when products would magically print money for them. They need to change with the times and increased competition.

that will cost activision money, and as super chargers is not doing good. activision will for sure not splash the money on it now.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#54 Posted: 00:40:15 03/01/2016
See, some people are getting it.

My Walmarts used to be very well stocked on Skylanders. I also met an Acitivision rep here in this city, whose job was to make sure stores stayed stocked. All the sudden ALL of my local Walmarts are dead on Skylanders, and have been since the end of Trap Team. They barely got any Skylanders in for Superchargers, and that's been that.

Now TRU is having trouble getting boxes of L-Roller Brawl, and what stores are getting her is getting a whopping 12 Roller Brawls?

I swear if Activision doesn't allow me, or us to finish our collection this go around, I'm done with Activision and Skylanders. Oh, and if they try and pull the stupid come back in a few years nonsense like they did with Guitar Hero, I won't be falling for it. Only allowing them to burn my bridge twice. They burned it once by not releasing the whole Trap Team collection in the U.S., and bridge number 2 is making Supercharger figures so scarce that I can't finish it, if they release any given figure at all.

So disappointed in this brand and its ability to keep customers informed while meeting demand.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#55 Posted: 02:17:55 03/01/2016
I swear I'd almost pay money to have "Dramatic readings of DarkSpyro forum posts." It'd be pretty amazing.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3781
#56 Posted: 02:21:12 03/01/2016
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: Bifrost

As more of a general note from me about observation of many Walmart stores throughout states in the northeast US, one word comes to mind - neglect. If Activision had proper representatives dedicated to making sure their product was properly stocked and displayed in Walmart stores, then there would have never been a super long thread last year about how poorly Walmarts stock Skylanders and how some stores have stopped carrying them. Although presentation still varies from store to store, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions seem to be better stocked and have nicer displays at Walmart stores. They must have reps going around to stores to ensure proper display and presentation. If Activision cared, they would do the same...I guess they got too comfortable in the days of Spyros Adventure and Giants when products would magically print money for them. They need to change with the times and increased competition.

I guess that's why my Walmart had tons of SC merch before Christmas and now afterwards all they are a few stormblades, crypt crushers and the new sky pack whereas DI is still sitting on the shelf gathering dust.
---
Hahahahaha
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 03:07:06 03/01/2016
Quote: UncleBob
I swear I'd almost pay money to have "Dramatic readings of DarkSpyro forum posts." It'd be pretty amazing.

working on it! smilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#58 Posted: 03:18:30 03/01/2016

Thanks for giving me ideas for youtube.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#59 Posted: 03:38:51 03/01/2016
Im not sure this'll help, but my TRU has great Skylander stock and two different Skylander sections. They even have toys from TT, SF and Giants with a small amount from SSA.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#60 Posted: 04:10:17 03/01/2016

ayyyyyyyy
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#61 Posted: 04:18:10 03/01/2016
^ Truly heartbreaking.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#62 Posted: 04:26:20 03/01/2016
The voice and reading are dead on - but the music is too loud and drowns out the voice. ;)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:26:49 03/01/2016 by UncleBob
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#63 Posted: 12:25:39 03/01/2016
I don't think its the last game. It's still successful despite what people on here keep relentlessly trying to prove lol.
As the creator, I'm pretty sure toys 4 bob would want to finish off the franchise anyway, so maybe after the next game.

Story wise I don't have any idea what they're going to do next.
they'll do whatever they want and then connect the dots with a comic lol.

A lot of shows used to end by catching the villain, but then next episode they'd be back again. Villains run out of town will always come back and The villains sent to jail will always brake out.

Doesn't matter that the darkness was banished and Kaos is helping u out at the moment. All that's easily fixed.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#64 Posted: 12:41:51 03/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

ayyyyyyyy

are you gonna do more of these?..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#65 Posted: 16:25:13 03/01/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

ayyyyyyyy

I cri every time.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#66 Posted: 18:32:39 03/01/2016
The voice and reading are dead on - but the music is too loud and drowns out the voice. smilie

Turn down the noise, you whippersnapper. smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me