Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I know Scooby-Doo was already being dragged out too long
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I know Scooby-Doo was already being dragged out too long [CLOSED]
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#51 Posted: 18:53:20 04/10/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I've never understood why people like Scooby-Doo. It's never appealed to me at all. I heard good things about Mystery Incorporated, but I never got around to watching it. That's the only Scooby-Doo series I've ever heard someone speak positively about. Can someone explain why it's been around for almost 50 years?

[User Posted Image]
______
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#52 Posted: 19:05:22 04/10/2015
Quote: Kitty
I've never understood why people like Scooby-Doo. It's never appealed to me at all. I heard good things about Mystery Incorporated, but I never got around to watching it. That's the only Scooby-Doo series I've ever heard someone speak positively about. Can someone explain why it's been around for almost 50 years?

[img]http://doyouremember.com/site-content/uploads/2015/07/nostalgia-quote.jpg[img]
______

believe it's less nostalgia at this point and more of trying to milk a 20 year old cow carcass.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#53 Posted: 21:11:40 04/10/2015
I was doing something else, and not looking at the TV, and I herd that commercial. I was thinking something along the lines of "mayyyyyyyyyyybe there might be some chance I'll watch this" and I look up to see this monstrosity.

[User Posted Image]
---
Dead
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#54 Posted: 23:24:23 04/10/2015
I've never understood why people like Scooby-Doo. It's never appealed to me at all. I heard good things about Mystery Incorporated, but I never got around to watching it. That's the only Scooby-Doo series I've ever heard someone speak positively about.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.
---
Cool cool.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#55 Posted: 23:45:09 04/10/2015
I used to love the classic Scooby Doo cartoons, so I'll bite.

The classic ones, at the least, I felt were just silly, "spooky" cartoons. They were funny and did a lot of stimulating things with the animation. Also, as a kid, I felt the whole "mystery" gimmick was unique and made me want to think about who the villain might be, and I would interpret the clues as best as I could. It was like a show for kids that they could actively get involved in and think about, without any of that fourth-wall, pace breaking BS in shows like, for example, Dora the Explorer (yes that is from a totally different generation, but it's the first one I think of for that kind of thing).

The Classic Scooby Doo cartoons were squarely meant for a young audience, though. Like, I wouldn't enjoy them as much now, if even at all, but I appreciate them for what they were.

Also I still genuinely think Zombie Island and the first live action movie are good movies (second live action movie had it's moments but overall it wasn't as good). And the Johnny Bravo crossover is still hilarious.

I haven't watched much in the way of Scooby Doo beyond that, but that's what I think of the earlier stuff.

And as I said with the new cartoon earlier, yes, the art style is a blatant rip-off of Family Guy (an art style that really doesn't deserve being ripped off), but besides that, I can't see anything wrong with this cartoon. It is a typical kids comedy show, by the looks of it. Y'all are fussin' over nothin'.

I feel like people only do this because "it's not a cartoon I grew up with". Like, I dislike MLP, and I'm iffy on Steven Universe, but I have legitimate reasons beyond "IT'S BAD" (and I don't even think those shows are bad).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#56 Posted: 00:07:46 05/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Also I still genuinely think Zombie Island.

UP TOP

[User Posted Image]
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#57 Posted: 00:19:24 05/10/2015
Classic Scooby Doo was a sizable chunk of my childhood - my first cat was named Daphne, I had really cute Shaggy and Scooby plushies, I really liked the movies (especially the one with the three ghost brothers and the Zombie Island one), and I remember my favorite episode of the show was the one where they were investigating a phantom and they found a suitcase with stolen money in it in the beginning. That one really freaked me out as a kid.

As much as I dislike the art style for this (especially Fred...) and the humor might not be to my taste (judging by the scene with the female dog), I'm not going to go into a tirade.
[User Posted Image]

Quote: parisruelz12
okay but it can't be worse then teen titans go can it?

I'm not sure if it's possible to go lower than Teen Titans Go... I hope I don't jinx it. I'm knocking on my wooden desk right now.
---
but i love it all smooth
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12223
#58 Posted: 00:42:03 07/10/2015
i saw it
its not family doo
its scoobius and sherb
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me