Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Misleadingly Wild Conclusion Jumping Towards New Spyro Game
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Misleadingly Wild Conclusion Jumping Towards New Spyro Game [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8431
#51 Posted: 01:47:58 20/09/2015
WAIT!

CYNDER AND SPYRO DON'T HOOK UP?!?!?!?!

Aha....ahahahahaha....AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's amazing! Yes!

Edit: Oh wait....nevermiiind. Damn.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:01:41 20/09/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#52 Posted: 20:01:21 20/09/2015
They don't hook up conclusively, no. There is nothing in DotD that shows them as a couple explicitly and even Cynder's "I love you" is vague. Jared himself says they weren't planned to hook up.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#53 Posted: 20:14:17 20/09/2015
Actually if it was "intended" to hook up. Spyro would say "I love you too".

Just my thought.
#54 Posted: 23:05:58 20/09/2015
^ Or made any indication at all whatsoever that he even heard what Cynder said.

I like to imagine that there was a conversation shortly thereafter that went something like: "Hey, did you say something, like, two minutes ago? Before the world-shattering explosion?" "What? No."

Alternately, if they did get together, the relationship failed at a maximum of six months later because teenagers don't just hook up like that and have it last. I mean, jeeze, Cynder's known him for all of two weeks (literally; that is canon) and in that time she is still used to thinking of him as her enemy. A trained killer and a sweet, dumb country bumpkin aren't the recipe for a good match. I'd be more okay with SxC if its fans would think of their relationship like this (then we could have the "20 years later" friendly reunion where haggard Cynder and her girlfriend stop by the rebuilt dragon city to visit with Spyro, his wife Ember, and their fourteen kids :D).
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#55 Posted: 09:54:54 23/09/2015
I personally like the idea of Cynder being ace/aro. X'D
It makes me happy that Krome didn't intend on getting Spyro and Cynder together ( sorry for anyone who wanted them too! :c ) because I think Cynder is so much more than just the love interest that most of the fandom seems to represent her as these days. And yeah, as Razz said, Spyro and Cynder are teenagers and relationships at that age don't tend to last long.
I totally support Spyro x Ember though! ;)

And I can't believe the thing about Cynder most likely being a wind dragon! Oh my gosh! Haha, I remember there was a whole discussion back in the day about what her original element was. People were saying wind... shadow.. fire... I personally went with fire because she was breathing it in ANB and her name is literally something from fire, but wow. Wind! Guess it makes sense, seeing her lithe build and big wings and all that junk. Oh well!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10245
#56 Posted: 12:02:08 23/09/2015
Well, Cynder's name probably was a joke from Gaul instead of anything symbolic of her element. After all, no matter which one she was using, her orders were to reduce enemies to cinders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#57 Posted: 21:16:25 23/09/2015
Ha, they didn't actually say that in the games did they? X'D
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#58 Posted: 21:23:36 23/09/2015
Nope,but the whole 'raised to destroy' thing probably means that's what the name is supposed to mean.
---
#59 Posted: 01:39:00 24/09/2015
A cinder is literally the last dying bits of a fire, usually just warm ashes. I always figured Gaul's naming of her Cynder was on purpose, a further way to make their enemies (the dwindling dragon population) even more wary of this seeming demon that appeared out of nowhere to destroy what's left of them.

Bolt, I like the way you think. XD Aro/ace Cynder always appealed to me. I ship her with Sparx a lot for fun, but really, given her upbringing and a lifetime seeing the worst of her own species, I doubt she'd ever get over that.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#60 Posted: 02:37:35 24/09/2015
Are SXC fans really annoying these days? I thought most of them died down and most of the insufferable gobbles were mostly on Tumblr/DeviantArt. I like SXC but I ain't denying it was shoehorned in at the last second with no room for growth or chemistry.

I bet shade would of loved this if he was still around.
#61 Posted: 04:26:11 24/09/2015
They are indeed still that annoying. They don't crop up as often simply because they have driven out the non-obnoxious Cynder fans (for the most part), so there isn't enough content to get their attention anymore. Almost every time I write a fic or post any art of Cynder, I get at least one of them. I think I had a stress dream about SxC fans the other day, even. XD I'll take Sparx/Cynder and Ember/Cynder any day over Spyro/Cynder.

I used to like SxC, but DotD really ruined it for me and the fans that came out of nowhere for the ship after that nuclear bombed the site and seeded it with phosphorous. :/ It's kind of funny, really, because I remember being basically the only SxC fan in existence back when TEN was out; people even got angry that someone was shipping those two back then. XD
#62 Posted: 05:01:22 24/09/2015
Quote: Jackson117
Are SXC fans really annoying these days? I thought most of them died down and most of the insufferable gobbles were mostly on Tumblr/DeviantArt. I like SXC but I ain't denying it was shoehorned in at the last second with no room for growth or chemistry.

I bet shade would of loved this if he was still around.

Yes, fans can be annoying, the Spyro X Cynder thing was at the last minute. I have to deal with a friend who is a SpyroxCynder fan he gived me the weird looks when i drew Spyro with someone else.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#63 Posted: 05:59:45 24/09/2015
Just ignore them or troll them, there's a reason some artists that used to draw SXC go 180 and start drawing gore just for lulz. Every fandom has it's share of morons or nutjobs who can't take opinions and have to 100% have it in their perceived image.

Back onto the topic at hand I'd be really interested in knowing just how did Krome intend to speak about the plot-holes. Surely Cynder wasn't instantly turned Dark the minute she hatched out of a shell, If she had been like that since before the ages of 10 clearly the minute she was uncorrupted would of had a mental breakdown and go beserk. was there going to be a time frame between the Terror first emerging and the Guardians going into exile?
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#64 Posted: 11:18:59 24/09/2015
Gonna be honest, this shipping thing is what pisses me off about the more "modern" Spyro fans. Spyro and Ember is NOT a thing. It was a terribly tacked on piece of dialogue that added nothing to the story. In fact, it was sorta creepy. If they wanted to give it any credence, they would have actually had Ember in the game for more than 45 seconds. Then you could justify it a bit more because then the characters would have further developed.

Put it this way: the connection between Elora and Spyro was much more significant but I hardly see people "ship" them in a weird way. I think people actually lose focus over what the purpose of these games are.
#65 Posted: 12:34:05 24/09/2015
Trolling isn't going to work. I've seen some attempt to start witch hunts because the artist has the 'wrong' shipping depicted or in a 'wrong' way(think what you have today on the worst of some tumblr fandoms but it's been happening for the last 6 years). People will say what they will that we're a small fandom but when it gets bad it gets BAD.
Shipping is fine,the problem is when you start fighting people over it - some people will ship for the lulz, at the start of SSA's time I almost did Spyro x Flameslinger for the heck of it but stopped when I started seeing the sheer harassment that was going on, not worth it.

Cynder being corrupted was't a plot hole, it was explained in one of the questions - Cynder was forced into adulthood by Gaul's magic, which is why she looks like someone pulled all her limbs until they looked like sticks in ANB. It's not impossible she still took years of training to not just fall over, too, since at the time you meet her real form she still acts like a teenager.
---
#66 Posted: 15:47:24 24/09/2015
^ It's also shown happening in a cutscene in TEN.

re: Shipping

Spyro/Ember is as fine as any other ship unless the shippers start attacking people. I honestly wouldn't have any beef with Cynder/Spyro shippers if I hadn't had such a bad time with almost every single one of them (I have one friend who is an SxC shipper and isn't terrible about it; that's the only example I can think of in 7+ years of being active in this fandom of someone not being a total jerk about Spyro/Cynder). As long as people don't use their favorite pairings to crap on others' favorite pairings, it's all good (I am soooo sick of people barfing all over Spyro/Elora because "noooo he belongs with so-and-so and these two mythical creatures hooking up is bestiality!").

The only actual, real, canon, in-game pairing in all of the Spyro franchise involving any dragon is Ember/Bandit. They really did hook up in Shadow Legacy. So folks can't even use canon to justify any ships (or harass others for any ships). This is why we all just need to ship and let ship; it's supposed to be fun, not super serious.

Bifrost, I will totally support your Spyro/Flameslinger ship. :D This fandom is in desperate need of more shipping diversity.
Digolgrin Green Sparx Gems: 285
#67 Posted: 21:29:30 28/09/2015
Hello! New guy here!

Anyway, I can get behind the idea of an aro/ace Cynder. She's got the right sort of past that she probably wouldn't understand (at first) that male and female Dragons need to get together if they're to reproduce. In that sense, she fits the bill of an aromantic. However, in all her years of killing, she hasn't had the time to feel sexual attraction to anyone, thereby placing her in the asexual camp as well.

If an asexual/homosexual Cynder isn't a legitimate interpretation of how she 'swings', I don't know what else would be--other than a Spyro/Cynder ship set afloat only by lots and lots of fluff and post-DotD bonding.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#68 Posted: 21:32:45 28/09/2015
Haven't I seen you somewhere? Your username is familiar.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:40 28/09/2015 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 21:40:50 28/09/2015
^ Yup. dA. Good memory, but that's a little irrelevant right now.
#70 Posted: 21:50:47 28/09/2015
I know, just thought I'd let it out.

Quote: Razz
They are indeed still that annoying. They don't crop up as often simply because they have driven out the non-obnoxious Cynder fans (for the most part), so there isn't enough content to get their attention anymore. Almost every time I write a fic or post any art of Cynder, I get at least one of them. I think I had a stress dream about SxC fans the other day, even. smilie I'll take Sparx/Cynder and Ember/Cynder any day over Spyro/Cynder.

I used to like SxC, but DotD really ruined it for me and the fans that came out of nowhere for the ship after that nuclear bombed the site and seeded it with phosphorous. :/ It's kind of funny, really, because I remember being basically the only SxC fan in existence back when TEN was out; people even got angry that someone was shipping those two back then. smilie

I remember a user got repeatedly bashed by SXC fans for having Cynder killed off and Spyro severely injured in her Spyro fan comic. Like they don't want anything bad happen to the couple and just want things going their way.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#71 Posted: 22:43:19 28/09/2015
...and now I feel like the responsibility for floating the idea of an aro/ace Cynder to the masses has fallen onto my shoulders. Gah.

Luckily, I haven't run into any rabid SxC fans myself. Lucky me, but that's probably because I haven't been too terribly involved in the fandom. However, if I do go ahead and write a 'Cynder coming out' fic, I want to be able to encourage a civil conversation about it, if at all possible. Something to think about.
#72 Posted: 22:47:33 28/09/2015
You can encourage a civil dicussion, but the problem is the emotional 13 year olds being told someone has a different opinion. They might not even read it,as long as they figure out the summary enough to whine about it.

I still don't get it though - the games are over 8 year old now, it's so strange that the young fangirls keep showing up. Aren't there plenty of RPGs and plataformers with dragons nowadays? Freedom Planet is around, there's something to do with cool dragons in FE, I don't know. LOS just seems to have aged so badly, DOTD most out of all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:58 28/09/2015 by Bifrost
#73 Posted: 23:15:16 28/09/2015
I blame Skylanders. Like it or not, it's definitely doing its job. Just wish someone at Activision would capitalize and give a developer an actual Spyro project. I hate to beat a dead horse, but Spyro isn't even the focus anymore.

Off I hop from the soapbox and muse on what you have said. If I could just write a good summary, I could hide how Cynder actually swings until someone actually clicks the link and reads the fic--thereby curbing the amount of whiners that don't read. Say, something as simple as "Cynder invites Spyro into her room at the Dragon Temple for lunch, and a deep conversation."

...I'm thinking about using a Sonic fanfic's summary as reference for that, as embarrassing as that may sound.
#74 Posted: 23:18:01 28/09/2015
Uhhh.... I thought we were talking about the Q&A and the details from it. It's part the main topic subject after all.

Looks like we're not getting more answers from Jared for a while. I don't blame him, due to the ever-growing questions from the LoS fans.
---
#75 Posted: 23:18:53 28/09/2015
Skylanders isn't to blame,Spyro being the focus or not is even less reason to take the time to blame anything on it. It has NOTHING to do with LoS,and the focus on romance is so minimal you can count the amount of implied pairings with half your hand. It's fangirls and the occasional fanboy getting obsessed with the series because dragons, and because Cynder is the only girl around of course she has to be with Spyro because DOTD said so.
Skylanders has more focus on thinking of cool dragons related to an element,and if there's been infighting over shipping,it's either someone trying to put a hypotenuse on Flynn x Cali(which aren't dragons) or Bash and Flashwing, which are the same case as LOS of the backstory said so.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:29 28/09/2015 by Bifrost
#76 Posted: 23:26:05 28/09/2015
...good point, Aura. My mistake--just propounding an idea, that's all.

I wouldn't worry about the Q&A, though. We'll get more, trust me; just give him a little time.

And Bifrost--you've got a good point too. I kinda glossed over the details there.
#77 Posted: 01:55:25 29/09/2015
Digolgrin, I am totally with you on aro/ace Cynder. :) I still ship her pretty hard with Ember and Sparx, but speaking as an ace myself, one can still have significant others and maintain the status quo there. :D

Quote:
I remember a user got repeatedly bashed by SXC fans for having Cynder killed off and Spyro severely injured in her Spyro fan comic. Like they don't want anything bad happen to the couple and just want things going their way.

This is why I left FF.net permanently. A bunch of anon SxC fans couldn't handle that Spyro died in the last fic I posted there and I couldn't block them, so I just stopped dealing with it altogether. The really sad thing is, the most annoying SxC fans I still encounter today are grown adults who were in their late teens/adulthood when DotD came out. It's really pathetic, to be honest.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#78 Posted: 02:21:15 29/09/2015
Digolgrin, I am totally with you on aro/ace Cynder. smilie I still ship her pretty hard with Ember and Sparx, but speaking as an ace myself, one can still have significant others and maintain the status quo there. smilie

Quote:

This is why I left FF.net permanently. A bunch of anon SxC fans couldn't handle that Spyro died in the last fic I posted there and I couldn't block them, so I just stopped dealing with it altogether. The really sad thing is, the most annoying SxC fans I still encounter today are grown adults who were in their late teens/adulthood when DotD came out. It's really pathetic, to be honest.

I'm sorry if I ever annoyed you, Razz. ;w; But yeah, as an SXC fan myself, even I think some of them are annoying as hell.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#79 Posted: 03:24:51 29/09/2015
I'll admit; I'm an SxC fan at heart myself. Apart from Flame x Ember (another good what-if ship in Classic terms, a GREAT ship for LoS) and Classic Spyro x Elora, it was really the only ship I could think of, since I never really looked at anything from the more complex LGBT perspective, much less from Cynder's perspective. I actually hadn't considered the thought of an aro/ace Cynder until Razz brought it up, but now it's... actually pretty reasonable. Not sure I'd leap so far as to call Cynder homosexual yet, unless I can be convinced otherwise, but right now it's a great idea; could be used to strengthen romantic arcs in otherwise more SxC-tuned fics!
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#80 Posted: 05:39:52 29/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
You can encourage a civil dicussion, but the problem is the emotional 13 year olds being told someone has a different opinion. They might not even read it,as long as they figure out the summary enough to whine about it.

I still don't get it though - the games are over 8 year old now, it's so strange that the young fangirls keep showing up. Aren't there plenty of RPGs and plataformers with dragons nowadays? Freedom Planet is around, there's something to do with cool dragons in FE, I don't know. LOS just seems to have aged so badly, DOTD most out of all.

I didn't even know any Fanboys/girls existed today. Huh..

Also, no. No there are not more Dragon platformer games out there.

If only, though..
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#81 Posted: 05:52:21 29/09/2015
I don't remember you ever being annoying, parisrulez12, so no worries. :)

The great thing about fictional characters is that you really don't have to prove their orientations. If you want Cynder to be straight, so be it! Gay? Then she is! Aro/ace demisexual? There you go. :) We don't have enough in LoS to support any sexuality for Cynder if it comes right down to it because, frankly, we never saw enough of her. Maybe she hates all dragons because she grew up thinking they were the enemy and then having to fight them and the only non-enemy dragon she's ever known is Spyro (and he's just weird to someone raised by apes, and also untrustworthy because the other purple dragon she knew was horrific). Maybe she never met another girl dragon and they'd be so different to what she expected that Cynder would find herself having unfamiliar feelings toward them for the first time. Maybe she's seen romance and thinks it's pointless/gross, or her genetics are just that right mix to make her gay/ace/straight/whatever. My point is, nobody can say with 100% certainty that Cynder is canonically any certain orientation or is in any specific relationship. And even they could, who cares?! Half the fun of fandom is the "what if" stuff anyway.

You guys are making me like Cynder even more. XD I always liked her for her potential more than what little we saw in the games.
#82 Posted: 07:43:23 29/09/2015
This topic isn't supposed to be talking about the Q&A?

Why not make a topic about SpyroxCynder thing?
#83 Posted: 07:59:17 29/09/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey
This topic isn't supposed to be talking about the Q&A?

Why not make a topic about SpyroxCynder thing?

The OP had the topic subject regarding the Q&A with Jared Pullen (although at the wrong source site at first), until the discussion began diving into a SXC fan shipping talk.
---
#84 Posted: 16:53:08 29/09/2015
I feel the need to point out that this is basically a deeper exploration of the idea of Spyro and Cynder not being intended to hook up originally. We're still on topic; just delving a bit deeper into what Jared said.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#85 Posted: 22:37:53 29/09/2015
The idea of Cynder being asexual pleases me greatly. I am now adopting this as my headcanon.

also i feel the need to say i do ship spyro/cynder but i'm not one of those rabid shippers and frankly those rabid shippers scare me

Ahem, anyways, this is some really interesting stuff. The idea of Cyril being a Water Dragon is neat, but I honestly don't like the idea of a female Cyril much. I prefer a female Terrador, personally. Because I have a thing for tough women, I guess.

Be nice if we could have seen Water, but ah well.

I see so much fanfic fuel with a lot of this. brb brainstorming
#86 Posted: 18:48:44 30/09/2015
Wait, how is water a different element from ice? XD I'm pretty sure Cyril being an ice dragon means he's a specific kind of water dragon, which is cool because it means there are probably at least three kinds of master for every element (and possibly a generalist master/warrior who can use all parts of their element).
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#87 Posted: 00:07:14 01/10/2015
When I think of a Water element, I just tend to imagine something more sea-like with the Dragons themselves having stuff fins and gills, whereas Ice is winter and windy and the dragons look like ice. But that's how my brain works. ^.^;

The idea of them being linked together is neat, though, and makes perfect sense. Revising headcanons...
#88 Posted: 01:13:57 01/10/2015
That's the thing about ice: it is water! :) It's just water in its solid state. A storm dragon might deal best with gaseous water (like clouds, mist, etc), and a team of elemental dragons could get together and do some really scary stuff with their powers (a wind dragon and a water dragon working together could create tsunamis or massive storms; a fire and earth dragon in tandem could create and manipulate lava, etc). It'd be so cool!

Arg, my science brain really dislikes the division of things into stereotypical "elements". That's not how it wooooorks! XD Fire isn't an element, it's combustion and energy transference that results in heat and light! And earth is, like, half the stuff on the periodic table! XD
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#89 Posted: 00:36:45 14/11/2015
Cynder being a corrupted wind dragon: I. CALLED. IT. Years ago, I said that's what she was and nobody took it seriously. "Noooo she's a shadow dragon!" Nope, wind element! Eat it! HA! XD ...Okay, done gloating. It's just so satisfying, sometimes. :D

Oh lord, the SxC fans are going to be even more insufferable than usual when they get word of this, though. D: At least it's not actual canon still and Jared said they weren't intended to hook up.

lol I remember that argument you made years ago, and I was one of the people who believed her element was Shadow. I do think she's a wind dragon now since it's the only element she has that seems like a real element. My only issue though is that I honestly think Cynder looks a lot better black. I don't like her dark purple colour in Skylanders and that blue-purple colour she had going on in DotD looked hideous.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#90 Posted: 00:41:52 14/11/2015
I think Wind would be associated with seafoam green or white and not blue even if it's the color of the icon, they'd be too close to Ice dragons like Cyril.
---
#91 Posted: 04:31:27 14/11/2015
In both ANB and TEN, Cynder's skin color is dark gray outside of cutscenes, like a storm cloud. I think that was always her natural color and the red + blacker markings were a result of growing up around Malefor's dark powers.
#92 Posted: 21:27:38 14/12/2015
DOIAF (DragonOfIceAndFlame) recently got the textures from TEN that Cynder was originally planned to breathe green fire in the game, but the textures became unused.

http://dragonoficeandfire.devi...n-tEN-576917676
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:04 14/12/2015 by Aura24
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me