Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why in DOTD is Cynder purple?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Why in DOTD is Cynder purple? [CLOSED]
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#51 Posted: 02:24:59 19/12/2008
Well It's contradictory as she is DEFIENTLY purple. Either that or i'm going colour blind.
Also, if you didn't notice, She was purple in artworks in TEN too, But not in her in game model.....I think
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#52 Posted: 16:51:03 13/02/2009
I still wonder... and me and my sis still agree that it's wind dragon colour now.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#53 Posted: 19:06:41 13/02/2009
Oh do I HAVE to bring the logic factors in?

Okay, first off, there are some color schemes that on certain things that just plain old look crappy on the new consoles. Perhaps because you can't produce a good deep black on XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii look you could before hand on something small and make it look good, they simply just transposed the color to something that would look good, and deep purple is what they picked. (Also might help solve this if you just tint you TV screen some).

Another logic factor is that of real world animals. Some animals are born with rather bright colors and markings, but when they get older the colors and markings get darker. So, the light purple scales might just get darker as she grows older till they reach the black color when she's fully mature. Got it?

I hope that cleans things up some a bit.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#54 Posted: 20:49:51 13/02/2009
Please don't use gay when you mean stupid. Using gay like it means stupid implies that to be gay is to be stupid and vise versa and that's not fair.

Anyway, I TOTALLY AGREE THAT SHE IS PURPLE! I made a topic about it a while back, but it got closed for foul language on my part. Hmph! I still say it was justified! Ppl got so enraged over the subject! Seriously if you don't like a topic, ignore it! If you gt so upset over theories/speculation/opinions, get off the internet!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#55 Posted: 23:34:38 13/02/2009
one of my moms friends said Spyro and Cynder were both purple and thats not true.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#56 Posted: 00:00:09 14/02/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Please don't use gay when you mean stupid. Using gay like it means stupid implies that to be gay is to be stupid and vise versa and that's not fair.

Anyway, I TOTALLY AGREE THAT SHE IS PURPLE! I made a topic about it a while back, but it got closed for foul language on my part. Hmph! I still say it was justified! Ppl got so enraged over the subject! Seriously if you don't like a topic, ignore it! If you gt so upset over theories/speculation/opinions, get off the internet!

Spyro LUVA please don't start that again. Long ago, you started the most annoying topic in the DotD section on Cynder being purple that drove nearly all of us very very agitated that you wouldn't stop and let the topic go. It was still confirmed, even in the game, that she is a black dragon. It's just the change of developers that make her look purple.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:19 14/02/2009 by Aura24
dragonlover11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1679
#57 Posted: 00:19:16 14/02/2009
Quote: Ice Fire
OMG!!! Cynder is a black dragon! Not a purple! OMG!!!!!!

ANOTHER one of these topics
---
"What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!"
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#58 Posted: 01:52:05 14/02/2009
Well, i couldnt imagine Cynder black i DotD really.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#59 Posted: 02:26:16 14/02/2009
Cynder did seem more purple, but I don't think it's the system tinting as BlackDragonAJ89 stated. I think it's just how the programmers designed her. I mean, I have a PS3, and it shows black fine.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#60 Posted: 03:52:37 14/02/2009
I also stated that it just might be something of her being younger like some animals have.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#61 Posted: 04:36:51 14/02/2009
OMG, Cynder IS SPYRO'S SISTER!!!
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
#62 Posted: 07:22:31 14/02/2009
Then that means...

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! tsecni (say that backwards for answer)
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#63 Posted: 07:37:39 14/02/2009
^LOL good one.

But still like i said before we all know that is a lie.

it was a mistake in the GBA version of TEN which shows that Sierra doesn't really care about its games.

Besides i have a answer why she is purple.....

Attract and Affection smilie
#64 Posted: 16:29:22 14/02/2009
Quote: Aura24

Spyro LUVA please don't start that again. Long ago, you started the most annoying topic in the DotD section on Cynder being purple that drove nearly all of us very very agitated that you wouldn't stop and let the topic go. It was still confirmed, even in the game, that she is a black dragon. It's just the change of developers that make her look purple.

smilie Shut up! If you have a problem with my opinion, JUST IGNORE IT!!
What kind of overemotional, infantile loser gets upset over such speculation? I'll talk about the topic whith whoever I please and I'll continue to believe what I believe. If you don't like it, TOUGH! I don't give a flying one about how you, or anyone else feels about my opinion! I have plenty of theories on the subject and I'm not abandoning them. If I get into a conversation about it with someone and you get upset, fine; you could cry your eyes out for all I care, and I wouldn't let up for a second! If you're so sure of what you think, you shouldn't be phased by what people say. Anyway, stop trying to make me give up on this because your attempts are futile. I'm not trying to make you or anyone else see things my way, so why don't you do the same for me?
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#65 Posted: 22:17:55 14/02/2009
Quote: Aura24

smilie Shut up! If you have a problem with my opinion, JUST IGNORE IT!!
What kind of overemotional, infantile loser gets upset over such speculation? I'll talk about the topic whith whoever I please and I'll continue to believe what I believe. If you don't like it, TOUGH! I don't give a flying one about how you, or anyone else feels about my opinion! I have plenty of theories on the subject and I'm not abandoning them. If I get into a conversation about it with someone and you get upset, fine; you could cry your eyes out for all I care, and I wouldn't let up for a second! If you're so sure of what you think, you shouldn't be phased by what people say. Anyway, stop trying to make me give up on this because your attempts are futile. I'm not trying to make you or anyone else see things my way, so why don't you do the same for me?

Being rude much?

Your topic was anoying. You kepted on going on and on. When people said that they think she is black, you kepted on TRYING to get them to believe you. YOU are the one that can't take other people's opinion. Please don't start this up again. That topic is closed and is now in the past. You should look at the present. End of story. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#66 Posted: 23:32:18 14/02/2009
I wasn't trying to make anyone see it my way. If the topic was so annoying, why did the same unhappy people keep coming back?
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#67 Posted: 23:35:46 14/02/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
I also stated that it just might be something of her being younger like some animals have.

You could be right there, it's the same with horses, they get darker as they get older. So maybe Cynder'll get darker.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#68 Posted: 00:04:42 15/02/2009
Purple eggs, purple dragons. Dark Master's essence + Purple dragon.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#69 Posted: 00:40:45 15/02/2009
It doesn't help that the graphics are so bright, makes her look even more purple and Spyro pink.
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#70 Posted: 00:44:53 15/02/2009
Indeed.
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#71 Posted: 03:26:07 15/02/2009
Spyro looks more pinkish than purple in DotD, I agree completely. That's the only thing that bothers me with his design in the game.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#72 Posted: 04:48:39 15/02/2009
I wasn't trying to make anyone see it my way. If the topic was so annoying, why did the same unhappy people keep coming back?

Because you were too stubborn to let the topic stay forgotten after if it hasn't been updated in a long while, and most of the fans here says Cynder is black and you constantly ignored them like they were lying. And your attitude is what led to that topic's ultimate downfall.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#73 Posted: 08:41:36 15/02/2009
So we're all gonna agree that it's just simply the graphics that are screwed up, right?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#74 Posted: 08:49:17 15/02/2009
Quote: Neve
Seriously, in DOTD she is obviously dark purple. What were they thinking?

She's supposed to be a black dragon and was obviously
black in ANB and TEN. So what happened here? x_X

That's gotta confuse some people, Spyro is supposed
to be the only purple dragon. (besides Malefor)

I've noticed that she's purple, no matter what version (besides the DS, not sure about it). I believe it's just something the graphic designers screwed up on...
SylvarCynder Blue Sparx Gems: 598
#75 Posted: 21:13:38 16/02/2009
She can't look 100% black.. I do think that they should have made the light on her a bit more grayish than indigo.
---
Exotic-Silver; Somber&Silent.
Please click my eggs.
Zxva The Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 982
#76 Posted: 21:37:19 16/02/2009
On this site http://www.spyroworld.net/wiki/Cynder
they say that Cynder is Dark Purple/Black
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#77 Posted: 22:20:59 16/02/2009

i agree with you if your topic was anoying what makes this one diffrent
#78 Posted: 03:37:49 17/02/2009
Am I the only one here who's actually using that thing in between our heads called a brain or what?

I'm sticking to my theory that her skin color darkens as she matures; it makes sense.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#79 Posted: 08:49:15 17/02/2009
Well he already had this Stupid discussion Why brother

Oh lets dish out the Cynder vs ember Catfight idea again not
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#80 Posted: 12:09:25 17/02/2009
Am I the only one here who's actually using that thing in between our heads called a brain or what?

I'm sticking to my theory that her skin color darkens as she matures; it makes sense.

But her skin isn't darkening, it's become lighter.
#81 Posted: 13:53:28 17/02/2009

yer im with you on that because on TEN she was clearly gray
#82 Posted: 17:04:00 17/02/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER

i agree with you if your topic was anoying what makes this one diffrent

What? You agree with what I said about ppl coming back to a topic that annoys them or that my topic was annoying?
---
#83 Posted: 18:27:29 17/02/2009
i mean why did evry one think your topic was anoying BUT this one evry ones fine with it
#84 Posted: 01:22:54 18/02/2009
Some people said I was stating my opinion like it was fact, but I was just trying to prove my theory with evidence from screenshots and info from the game. It sounded like fact coz of that and the fact that I was so stubborn.
---
#85 Posted: 07:13:11 18/02/2009
Well this topic is pure that sierra doesn't care about Spyro

I mean

Cynder is purple?
GBA TEN Mistakes

Seriously sierra WTF
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#86 Posted: 07:26:48 18/02/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
i mean why did evry one think your topic was anoying BUT this one evry ones fine with it
Some people said I was stating my opinion like it was fact, but I was just trying to prove my theory with evidence from screenshots and info from the game. It sounded like fact coz of that and the fact that I was so stubborn.

I think it was because you were saying that Cynder IS a purple dragon and we all know that Cynder is really black. You havn't got no proff that she IS a purple dragon. You were also too stubborn to accepted our opinions. With this topic, the person isn't saying that she IS a purple dragon. He/she is only saying that she looks dark purple (she looks dark blue to me...) and that is somethink we all can agree on because she does look dark purple in all off the screen shots.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#87 Posted: 07:55:03 18/02/2009
Spyro is also pink

Heres how you remember NTSC (American visual system)

NEVER THE SAME COLOR!!!

i.e. the Australian PAL version (Perfect at last) will have a smexy black-Cynder and an even smexyer purple-Spyro.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
#88 Posted: 08:04:21 18/02/2009
I'll miss NTSC... =(

STUPID HDTV!!! YET THEY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF SOUND!!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#89 Posted: 08:26:56 18/02/2009
Spyro is smexier than CYNDER!!! END OF STORY!

... That had absolutely nothing to do with what you just said did it?
---
#90 Posted: 18:44:45 18/02/2009
GREED IS GOOD! -Wario

Neither did that...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder 58 Gold Sparx Gems: 2431
#91 Posted: 12:48:09 25/02/2009
She is a dark blacky blue colour....NOT PURPLE!!!!!
---
"Every wolf's howl, raises from Hell a human soul"
#92 Posted: 06:13:23 26/02/2009
^IS RIGHT
#93 Posted: 17:21:29 01/03/2009
Thanking you Jackson117. She is not purple everyone, she is a dark blacky blue or "inky" colour. Definetly NOT PURPLE!!!!!! smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
#94 Posted: 19:00:25 01/03/2009
It will become black as she gets older.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Serpentis Blue Sparx Gems: 564
#95 Posted: 19:36:26 01/03/2009
No idea if this was mentioned, my eyes hurt too much to read completely through, but...if I might add, it's incredibly difficult to use a dead black colouring on a model like hers and be able to get any detailing in on her in the least. Even with other things making a contrast, she'd have still looked like a moving ink stain. So likely, in the vein of allowing you to actually see her properly do things like talk, they just decided to make her as dark of a purple as they could.
#96 Posted: 00:48:53 02/03/2009
Serpentis gets an A+ from me; and let's not forget:

LCD and Plasma TVs are horrible at displaying rich blacks. Wouldn't be surprised if Hunter's ears, black cloths, and other really dark areas were either dark blue/dark purple due to the color issues of modern TVs.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Apieceofmeat700 Ripto Gems: 132
#97 Posted: 03:26:14 09/03/2009
Quote: Neve
Seriously, in DOTD she is obviously dark purple. What were they thinking?

She's supposed to be a black dragon and was obviously
black in ANB and TEN. So what happened here? x_X

That's gotta confuse some people, Spyro is supposed
to be the only purple dragon. (besides Malefor)

who cares for one thing....Cynder isn't TRUE purple its like a shade of purple mixed with black to give a very darkviolet look and i think cynder looks better in dotd anyway both color and shape
Cynder5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1315
#98 Posted: 14:13:23 09/03/2009
Cynder isn't purple, she is black. The light shining on her scales makes her look purplish. It can be kinda confusing though! lol
She does not look purple in darker places.
Cynder5 smilie
#99 Posted: 21:00:29 09/03/2009
She is a bluey-black colour! Or inky. I would say that she has the tiniest tint of purple though.
---
silver dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#100 Posted: 21:33:39 09/03/2009
i'm no# 100!!! smilie
---
Why live life following someone else's map?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me