First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The General I HATE THIS GAME/Boring topic. [CLOSED]
irondmandragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1099
#51 Posted: 05:43:38 15/11/2008
you know what the only 2 nightmare levels for me is warfang and burned lands i will never play those levels again
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#52 Posted: 05:46:42 15/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
You know, posting this hate thread about DotD without a reason why, is against the rules. If you want to constantly say negative things about Spyro without reason, then go to the other spyro forum where the members accept negative comments like yours and agree with you. Your comments are extremely aggravating and annoying to almost everyone here who love Spyro through and through.

Love? Aha. What'doya mean Love? I've been in love if it matters, and loving a game character is different than being obsessed with one. You even said those people who are going to bash Spyro can leave this topic, why don't you? You seem to be one of them. I have no negative comments for the Character Spyro, besides him being ugly; but I haven't said that here. I may have said the LoS series suck, and that's a matter of my opinion. I grew up playing Spyro 1-3 and this game, heck THIS SERIES is nothing like the platforming success that used to be. He may be successful with LoS though, but Spyro USED to be up top to Crash, Croc and Mario. Even add Sonic if I must (he's alright now... It depends really).
Anyway, if you're going to bash me for not liking this game or topic; I believe the best result is to PM me or post in my guestbox.
ONCE AGAIN, THIS TOPIC IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO REALLY DIDN'T THINK THIS GAME WAS ALRIGHT.
TheDarkCynder Green Sparx Gems: 332
#53 Posted: 06:20:12 15/11/2008
Not to flame but, for all you people who think this game was too easy, why dont you have a seat in Sierra's chair and make a better game.. Your just too addicted and too much of a Pwnage video game player..
---
Though storm winds may blow, then among them I will be, for without the rain no seed would grow. http://dragcave.net/user/TheDarkCynder- Click eggs. do it.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#54 Posted: 18:14:34 15/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheDarkCynder
Not to flame but, for all you people who think this game was too easy, why dont you have a seat in Sierra's chair and make a better game.. Your just too addicted and too much of a Pwnage video game player..

Sure, I'd love to; to come up with better idea's. I'm not addicted to this game, it was easy, except a few minor parts though. *smilies*
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#55 Posted: 19:32:37 15/11/2008
Anyone besides me relize that they expected us to play with all the elements, like Cynder's Shadow? They should have had a REAL tutorial to show us what they could do, 'cause I had to ask for help 'cause I didn't relize what she could do with it. T_T
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#56 Posted: 19:52:08 15/11/2008
Quote: Shrazer320
Anyone besides me relize that they expected us to play with all the elements, like Cynder's Shadow? They should have had a REAL tutorial to show us what they could do, 'cause I had to ask for help 'cause I didn't relize what she could do with it. T_T

I kind of enjoyed firguring out what each breaths, moves, etc. did. Got us to use our brains in a semi annoying way.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#57 Posted: 20:01:02 15/11/2008
it is better than having to wait for each element....
---
This old place has changed too much
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#58 Posted: 20:07:16 15/11/2008
Well, there are these tips that appear and give you a clue on which element you have to use in a puzzle. But figuring out how is a challenge.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#59 Posted: 20:07:27 15/11/2008
Quote: cynder21
it is better than having to wait for each element....

I found going through those 'how to do each element' thing in the first two games annoying. I got stuck at the part where you had to malee those two monkeys into each other a thousand times. You should atleast be able to skip it.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#60 Posted: 20:08:37 15/11/2008
i liked the " you get elements right away and you can have fun with them" thing! like in
TEN the electricity thing was annoying!
---
This old place has changed too much
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#61 Posted: 20:13:59 15/11/2008
OK...

I have finally tried the game myself and I have two major issues with the game that make it inferior to The Eternal Night, unfortunately.

The game is neither too easy or too hard. It is badly balanced. For exemple, Malefor is a complete wuss and an anticlimax boss. The true last boss, especially the last phase (Destroyer's Heart, if my memory serve me well) is horrendously difficult on another hand.

In short, the difficult is not balanced. Some parts are way too easy while others are very difficult, much more than what one would expect of a Spyro game.

The other main issue is flight. Yes, I know how it was hyped... and yet, from a gameplay point of view, it is absolutely crippling.

Flying, as it has absolutely no limitations and is easy to trigger, completely break the balance. You can fly over entire parts of the stages and bottomless pits and other hazards become non-relevent. Considering this game is a PLATFORMER with somewhat basic fighting physics, this is a humongous fault.

... and you cannot choose just to do a no-flight run either! Nope. Hit a bottomless pit or some other hazard? The player character AUTOMATICALLY start flying.

Those two faults together added to the fact that, like the other LoS games, Dawn of the Dragon is short, make the game a total letdown compared to The Eternal Night. Sure, it got some nice designs at times... but the uneven difficulty and free flight just kill it very dead.

It's still not totally worthless and well, it is nice to see the story concluded and to see they took lessons from the GBA version of The Eternal Night (less linear stages, replayable stages) but overall, the game is a disappointment after The Eternal Night.

So yeah... not a bad game but well... design flaws keep it from being the grand finale it should have been.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:27 15/11/2008 by Zerodius
#62 Posted: 20:14:45 15/11/2008
Quote: cynder21
i liked the " you get elements right away and you can have fun with them" thing! like in
TEN the electricity thing was annoying!

I sorta liked gettin' em' in moderation, so they last longer.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#63 Posted: 03:15:16 16/11/2008
Quote: Zerodius
OK...

I have finally tried the game myself and I have two major issues with the game that make it inferior to The Eternal Night, unfortunately.

The game is neither too easy or too hard. It is badly balanced. For exemple, Malefor is a complete wuss and an anticlimax boss. The true last boss, especially the last phase (Destroyer's Heart, if my memory serve me well) is horrendously difficult on another hand.

In short, the difficult is not balanced. Some parts are way too easy while others are very difficult, much more than what one would expect of a Spyro game.

The other main issue is flight. Yes, I know how it was hyped... and yet, from a gameplay point of view, it is absolutely crippling.

Flying, as it has absolutely no limitations and is easy to trigger, completely break the balance. You can fly over entire parts of the stages and bottomless pits and other hazards become non-relevent. Considering this game is a PLATFORMER with somewhat basic fighting physics, this is a humongous fault.

... and you cannot choose just to do a no-flight run either! Nope. Hit a bottomless pit or some other hazard? The player character AUTOMATICALLY start flying.

Those two faults together added to the fact that, like the other LoS games, Dawn of the Dragon is short, make the game a total letdown compared to The Eternal Night. Sure, it got some nice designs at times... but the uneven difficulty and free flight just kill it very dead.

It's still not totally worthless and well, it is nice to see the story concluded and to see they took lessons from the GBA version of The Eternal Night (less linear stages, replayable stages) but overall, the game is a disappointment after The Eternal Night.

So yeah... not a bad game but well... design flaws keep it from being the grand finale it should have been.

Ah! You make a cameo appearance! ^_^
I'm afraid I do have to agree with you about the flight (especially the part with the hazards=/=death like in the previous LoS games) and the difficulty issues.

As for the rest of this thread, it's like some sort of debate or something! *takes copious notes*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#64 Posted: 03:37:00 16/11/2008
You relize I'mma taking this game to Play N Trade for cash? I'll buy it again when I can find it online for six bucks.
FireBright Green Sparx Gems: 307
#65 Posted: 03:59:52 16/11/2008
I really love DotD it was way better than TEN but I wish I could have fought Malefor not just had action scripts to press buttonssmilie It took away the sence of victory it was just as simple as watching a video of a game play... Maybe they did it like that so in another game we will really fight him!
---
May those who suffered the rage of the fires grow stronger every day they move forward from them.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#66 Posted: 04:01:53 16/11/2008
Quote: Shrazer320
You relize I'mma taking this game to Play N Trade for cash? I'll buy it again when I can find it online for six bucks.

Good 4 u. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#67 Posted: 17:00:53 16/11/2008
Quote: Spyro2008
Quote: TheDarkCynder

Sure, I'd love to; to come up with better idea's. I'm not addicted to this game, it was easy, except a few minor parts though. *smilies*

but you'd never get evrybody queeing up to get it, simple fact, there isn't a game that everybody loves.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#68 Posted: 18:21:30 16/11/2008
The main thing I hated about DoTD was the graphics and the lighting. At some points during the game it felt too shiny and the bloom technique was way overused.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico mastered this technique but Spyro fails and my eyes bleed from the overdosing of shininess. I recommend you wear a pair of sunglasses during playing this game. Or at least some eye drops because your eyes are gonna BURN...

>:[
#69 Posted: 19:16:01 16/11/2008
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
The main thing I hated about DoTD was the graphics and the lighting. At some points during the game it felt too shiny and the bloom technique was way overused.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico mastered this technique but Spyro fails and my eyes bleed from the overdosing of shininess. I recommend you wear a pair of sunglasses during playing this game. Or at least some eye drops because your eyes are gonna BURN...

>:[

Ack.D: I found the Ruins of Warfang and the little cave area you find Meadow in the shiniest...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#70 Posted: 19:20:18 16/11/2008
Yeah, in the Xbox 360 version, it's the same thing, but it's a little less shiny in my opinion.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#71 Posted: 19:22:11 16/11/2008
You can control shiny From Pause,options and screen. so is not get you blinded! :/
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#72 Posted: 19:52:56 16/11/2008
I thought they were relaying on the shininesses way too much. The gloom affect dose not suit Spyro.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me