Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
First | Previous | Page 18 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#851 Posted: 20:06:18 21/02/2015
Don't worry guys, it's probably the west coast port strike that's causing the issue. I'm sure all those amiibo will be unloaded now that it's over, then they'll ship them across the US, then across the Atlantic, then into Europe. Any day now.

Quote: CAV
We all agreed that Nintendo was the biggest issue, but that scalpers simply made the problem worse in some regions.

So, we have reports from MULTIPLE retailers regarding not getting enough stock from Nintendo.

All I've seen is anecdotal stories about evil men going in and clearing shelves and a very small amount of the "rare" figures hitting eBay and the like for high prices. I've yet to see anything close to evidence that "scalpers" are making any significant impact on the market.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#852 Posted: 21:21:59 21/02/2015
I really hope nin nin starts sending me my shulk soon...
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
batcoolszx89 Ripto Gems: 697
#853 Posted: 23:59:58 21/02/2015
WHAT NO ONE CARES THAT MY SAMUS AMIIBO DIED
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#854 Posted: 00:47:27 22/02/2015
^What happened to it? smilie
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#855 Posted: 01:12:58 22/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I do want to say that just because the Port Strikes are over that doesn't mean that Captain Falcon, Pit, and Villager will be everywhere, they could be just as rare as they are now.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#856 Posted: 01:35:49 22/02/2015
can't wait muh longer my gamestop said sonic would be in next week cant wait
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#857 Posted: 02:04:39 22/02/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I do want to say that just because the Port Strikes are over that doesn't mean that Captain Falcon, Pit, and Villager will be everywhere, they could be just as rare as they are now.

So much this. I suspect we'll see a bit more Wave 3 (and maybe those Little Macs that no one seems to know what the deal is), but I seriously doubt there's a boat sitting out there with containers full of the Series 1/2 "Unicorns".

Nintendo was very careful when they worded the statement regarding the dock situation. Either they have no idea what is still out there (which makes them even worse than I thought) or they would have just called out the "Unicorns" by name.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#858 Posted: 02:18:44 22/02/2015
Yeah, everyone's going around thinking that we'll see more Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth within the next few weeks, but that's almost definitely not the case. Maybe a few stray cases will make their ways to stores, but even then, those'll sell out in less than a day (and will most likely be snagged by resellers).

At the most, we'll see more Wave 3 characters show up in stores, and (possibly) a small restock of the store exclusives. It's highly unlikely that we'll see a restock of every single hard-to-find figure.

I have high hopes for a Meta Knight restock, since he's selling for $40 and up on eBay/Amazon, and as I'm aiming to get two of each figure.

Just gotta be patient.

Also, after Gold Mario, I doubt that Nintendo will make any more retailer exclusives, as more than enough customers were being turned down after waiting outside for 4+ hours.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I managed to get 2 Sonics RIGHT before my area was hit with snow. I now have one of each figure (except for a Meta Knight that I bought from eBay for a "semi-decent" price.).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:14 22/02/2015 by Matteomax
#859 Posted: 02:23:41 22/02/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Also, after Gold Mario, I doubt that Nintendo will make any more retailer exclusives, as more than enough customers were being turned down after waiting outside for 4+ hours.

I'd bet cash money that there will be additional retailer exclusives beyond Golden Mario.

You know what the vast majority of the customers who missed out on Rosalina at Target did? They went to Best Buy for Meta Knight. Nintendo knows this too. No way Nintendo is going to pass on this gravy train.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6113
#860 Posted: 02:42:29 22/02/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Matteomax

I'd bet cash money that there will be additional retailer exclusives beyond Golden Mario.

You know what the vast majority of the customers who missed out on Rosalina at Target did? They went to Best Buy for Meta Knight. Nintendo knows this too. No way Nintendo is going to pass on this gravy train.

Exactly... Just because the exclusives weren't particularly stocked or handled well by the given retailer doesn't mean they'll quit doing them. Skylanders still do exclusives with each game despite Target ones usually selling out immediately and never getting a restock, leaving some fans dismayed.

Or if you'd prefer a more Nintendo relevant example... After the horrible trouble it took for fans to get a hold of the Red Nendoroid. Originally exclusive to Pokemon Center stores leaving anyone outside of Japan either screwed or having to jump through hoops to using forwarding services. While it was later released through the US Pokemon Center site, said site didn't ship outside the US, leaving a large number of fans still screwed out of hopes of getting one.
Even though this pissed off a number of people (even those who were able to get one), they are making another figure and making Cynthia exclusive in the same exact way.

Regardless of how many are sold or how well the retailer handles the exclusive, Nintendo still gets money from the contract they made with the retailer to do the exclusive in the first place which still makes them happy.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#861 Posted: 02:46:25 22/02/2015
The scalpers win... I'm going to buy a 40.00 Meta Knight.
#862 Posted: 02:48:18 22/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
The scalpers win... I'm going to buy a 40.00 Meta Knight.

Are you sure? You'd just be wasting your money away, you could wait for a better deal.
#863 Posted: 02:54:01 22/02/2015
Just got it. Happy birthday to me!
#864 Posted: 03:01:15 22/02/2015
Meh, out of all of Wave 3, Meta Knight seems to have the largest chance to be restocked. I'm waiting to get a 2nd one from an actual Best Buy/Bestbuy.com, thank you very much.

Well, it's obvious that Metal Mario will be retailer exclusive, I just hope that Nintendo chooses a better retailer to lend the rights to. Why not Amazon.com?

After the massive wave of issues caused by low stock, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually does stop after Metal Mario.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:02:36 22/02/2015 by Matteomax
#865 Posted: 03:05:42 22/02/2015
Again, I'd bet cash money they won't stop after Metal Mario either (that is, of course, assuming he even is an exclusive...)

I want to rule out Amazon because of the Nintendo/Amazon hate-hate relationship... but they *were* one of the retailers chosen (or who agreed) to carry the CE of Majora's Mask... so anything's possible.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#866 Posted: 03:21:34 22/02/2015
Actually, Nintendo don't pay retailers to stock exclusives. It's the other way around. Retailers also get to call whether or not Nintendo World Store gets to sell exclusives too. This is why Meta Knight didn't show up there - Best Buy was the only retailer to not allow their exclusive to be sold there.

For that reason, I doubt we will see many exclusives after Gold Mario. And if we do, they will only be variants, rather than the default figures. For retailers, it just isn't worth it. They likely only did it as they thought the customers coming for the exclusives would pick up other products while they were there, but for the most part, this didn't happen at all (at most, people picked up other Amiibos or other Nintendo products). And considering all of the problems with pre-orders and what not, and the scarce stock, a lot of stores in these retail chains would have lost out on it more than they gained.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#867 Posted: 03:52:25 22/02/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Actually, Nintendo don't pay retailers to stock exclusives. It's the other way around. Retailers also get to call whether or not Nintendo World Store gets to sell exclusives too. This is why Meta Knight didn't show up there - Best Buy was the only retailer to not allow their exclusive to be sold there.

For that reason, I doubt we will see many exclusives after Gold Mario. And if we do, they will only be variants, rather than the default figures. For retailers, it just isn't worth it. They likely only did it as they thought the customers coming for the exclusives would pick up other products while they were there, but for the most part, this didn't happen at all (at most, people picked up other Amiibos or other Nintendo products). And considering all of the problems with pre-orders and what not, and the scarce stock, a lot of stores in these retail chains would have lost out on it more than they gained.

agreeed this is proably why target did online only for part 2 of this wave
---
batcoolszx89 Ripto Gems: 697
#868 Posted: 18:47:47 22/02/2015
My brother thew her on the ground
#869 Posted: 19:05:40 22/02/2015
Got another Sonic, but it's not for me.

[User Posted Image]
---
#870 Posted: 19:14:23 22/02/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Got another Sonic, but it's not for me.

[User Posted Image]

for who?
---
#871 Posted: 21:59:01 22/02/2015
My local target had a huge wall of Commons, and a sign saying that wave 3b isn't going to be in stores and rosalina is getting a super Mario figure in wave 2 of super Mario
#872 Posted: 22:05:27 22/02/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
My local target had a huge wall of Commons, and a sign saying that wave 3b isn't going to be in stores and rosalina is getting a super Mario figure in wave 2 of super Mario

pictures? but got sonic from walmart smilie
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#873 Posted: 04:04:54 23/02/2015
Quote: batcoolszx89
WHAT NO ONE CARES THAT MY SAMUS AMIIBO DIED

You never posted anything about it, so nobody knew.
---
words. letters. filler.
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1893
#874 Posted: 22:48:51 23/02/2015
I get Mega Man in Saturday, once I get him I'm leaning towards Sheik, Ike and Luigi.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#875 Posted: 22:57:10 23/02/2015
Quote: epicLLOYD
I get Mega Man in Saturday, once I get him I'm leaning towards Sheik, Ike and Luigi.

You lucky little *****.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#876 Posted: 00:09:36 24/02/2015
My Ike and mega man are ready to pickup!!!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#877 Posted: 00:12:58 24/02/2015
http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...iibo_collecting wow.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#878 Posted: 00:50:59 24/02/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard

You lucky little *****.

Well what can I say? I have a spare £15 :3
#879 Posted: 00:52:58 24/02/2015
Got my Mega man!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8599
#880 Posted: 00:55:08 24/02/2015

You lucky little *****.

Not as impressive when you don't live in the NA.
#881 Posted: 00:56:21 24/02/2015
Quote: somePerson

You lucky little *****.

We have it worse with you Americans importing :/
UK didn't get Rosalina period, count yoursel lucky...
#882 Posted: 05:05:15 24/02/2015

Yes, blame the Americans. Why don't you go have a word with Germany? They have your Rosalinas.
---
words. letters. filler.
#883 Posted: 09:03:26 24/02/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Yes, blame the Americans. Why don't you go have a word with Germany? They have your Rosalinas.

Germany having high Amiibo stock isn't something to be salty over. It's where the heart of Nintendo of Europe is. It's obviously easier to distribute a product nationally than internationally.

Also, Rosalina WAS rare in Germany too. They got next to none of her. They ran out very quickly.
---
#884 Posted: 15:25:34 24/02/2015
Germany has the villager...
#885 Posted: 16:55:23 24/02/2015
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY MEGA MAN AND SHULK AMIIBO CAME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST PLAY CELEBRATION SONG!!!!

---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7485
#886 Posted: 18:02:25 24/02/2015
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY MEGA MAN AND SHULK AMIIBO CAME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST PLAY CELEBRATION SONG!!!!

the memories

And as for the amiibos, nice!
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#887 Posted: 20:29:48 24/02/2015
Who should I train first, Kirby or Link? I want to try out some new training methods.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#888 Posted: 22:53:46 24/02/2015
Quote: Qcumber
Who should I train first, Kirby or Link? I want to try out some new training methods.

Link!
---
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#889 Posted: 23:13:39 24/02/2015
Anyone got their nin nin game shulks shipped yet?
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#890 Posted: 23:31:26 24/02/2015
Got Dedede, which makes me done with this thing pending a GREATEST CHARACTER EVER INVENTED amiibo announcement (of course I'm referring to Waluigi). Again, not sure if I had good luck or the promotional images were lousy, but I think the figure has really great quality, including the face. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#891 Posted: 06:51:18 25/02/2015
Dedede is currently the best looking (and one of the rarest)amiibo out there, congrats on your find! If I can get an extra £5 by the end of the week, I can get MM and Luigi, not just MM.
#892 Posted: 14:45:32 25/02/2015
^Really? I just pre-ordered him from a random Gamestop up where I am. *shrug*
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#893 Posted: 16:35:00 25/02/2015
I think Bowser and DK look excellent.
#894 Posted: 00:18:52 26/02/2015
Quote: HIR
Got Dedede, which makes me done with this thing pending a GREATEST CHARACTER EVER INVENTED amiibo announcement (of course I'm referring to Waluigi). Again, not sure if I had good luck or the promotional images were lousy, but I think the figure has really great quality, including the face. <.<;

I'm pretty sure Waluigi will be getting an amiibo for the Super Mario line as he's confirmed to be a playable character in MP10
---
words. letters. filler.
#895 Posted: 00:41:29 26/02/2015

I'm pretty sure Waluigi will be getting an amiibo for the Super Mario line as he's confirmed to be a playable character in MP10

Maybe. It might be a later series, though, so I'm going to wait it out. <.<
---
#896 Posted: 01:31:27 26/02/2015

I can just imagine how insane it'll be to get him. People are already going crazy for Toad already since he doesn't have a Smash Amiibo.
If Waluigi and Rosalina are in the same Wave, it'll be pure madness.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8599
#897 Posted: 04:22:04 26/02/2015

He's gonna be scalped and you'll never get him! >:D
#898 Posted: 05:36:49 26/02/2015 | Topic Creator

He's gonna be scalped and you'll never get him! >:D

If Waluigi isn't a common...

*sad wah noises
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:47:10 26/02/2015 by LunarDistortion
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6113
#899 Posted: 06:22:40 26/02/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

He's gonna be scalped and you'll never get him! >smilie

If Waluigi isn't a common...

*sad wah noises

The second wave of Super Mario line (assuming everyone from MP10 gets made) would be Donkey Kong, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Toadette, & Spike. I'd think Spike to be the rarest. Wario, & DK to be most common. Daisy & Waluigi probably common/uncommon, then Rosalina & Toadette uncommon/rare; Rosalina slightly rarer as people who missed the initial one will be swarming after this one.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:24:15 26/02/2015 by Seiki
#900 Posted: 14:41:38 26/02/2015
Well, Gold Mario is to be released at Walmart on March 20th. 3,000 Walmart stores in the US(?) will be getting them.

He looks pretty nice, HD pic:

[User Posted Image]
---
First | Previous | Page 18 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me