darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 17 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#801 Posted: 11:12:29 30/08/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
Australia is the one who get ripped off

QFT- our releases suck, I mean, we get stuff stupidly slowly; still waiting for Quickdraw/LC Bumble and we got the Wave 4 Swappers 2 months late (both versions of Freeze Blade were out there before we had him at all), and like the other non-US countries never got Royal or the Giantkicks (at least we can get the latter in TT, but around two years after the US).

We got Wham-Shell, LightCore Hex, S2 Drobot and an Adventure Pack and Battle Pack early? Still ain't even- the US had all of them aside from Hex within a month, iirc, and S2 Drobot/LightCore Hex are essentially re-releases of old figures (not to mention we got Polar Whirlwind late in the same way the US got LightCore Hex late).

I said it in another topic, but it's really sad that the US is having re-releases of Pop Thorn, Wind-Up and Punk Shock produced while we haven't even gotten every figure on the poster in Aus.

And New Zealand have it worse with releases from what I hear :c
I also hear that the UK never got S2 Drobot.

My excitement for new figures is gone when we get them so slowly, I've already read about them online and most people won't talk about them by the time I get them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:23:17 30/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#802 Posted: 13:01:39 30/08/2014
Hopefully In Trap Team They give every country them at the same time. That they must have realised that there losing profit by giving everyone but the US them like 2 months after US.

The only thing that sucks about trap team is that we will probably get them later again. But if they give everyone them at the same time it will just make it feel more excitable knowing we wont have to wait longer than everyone else.
---
"Taking Charge"
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#803 Posted: 14:46:44 30/08/2014
Quote: KoalaTart
guys lol you can get a free gearshift with preorder at gamestop
ROFL

No you can't.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#804 Posted: 14:53:13 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Snap Shot
Australia is the one who get ripped off

i think everyone is being ripped off this time around... higher prices, unnecessary things to buy, useless gimmicks, its the full package of rip off's...

Higher prices...? Really? They looks the same as every year.

As for the other things, they are really just opinions. I wouldn't mind at all spending 42€ to get one trap for each element, ad play as all the 40+ villains inside the game... Mmmh... 1€ per villain...?

Seems fair, to me.

Well cores used to be 7.99 and triple packs used to be 19.99. They have slowly raised prices, and TRU adds another dollar or two bump to theirs.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#805 Posted: 14:56:04 30/08/2014
speaking of which, my local TRU failed an inspection because they charged too much for stuff... oops.
#806 Posted: 14:58:10 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
speaking of which, my local TRU failed an inspection because they charged too much for stuff... oops.

Failed an Inspection ? What and by whom? Santa Claus?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#807 Posted: 14:59:31 30/08/2014
Tart, we don't have GameStop in Australia. So no, we cannot go to GameStop, pre-order the game and get a free Gearshift for that. smilie

You can pre-order the tablet edition from EB Games (the version of GameStop we have here) and get her early, but only the tablet edition, so if you don't want the tablet version of the game that doesn't really help.

Quote: page
Preorder Skylanders Trap Team Tablet Starter Pack - Tablets to receive an EXCLUSIVE Bonus Skylanders Trap Team Character - Gear Shift!

Definitely cool that you can get her if you happen to go to the EB Expo though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:56 30/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#808 Posted: 15:02:53 30/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: ZapNorris

Failed an Inspection ? What and by whom? Santa Claus?

by a tru guru i suspect.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#809 Posted: 16:28:50 30/08/2014
Quote: Drek95
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i think everyone is being ripped off this time around... higher prices, unnecessary things to buy, useless gimmicks, its the full package of rip off's...

Higher prices...? Really? They looks the same as every year.

As for the other things, they are really just opinions. I wouldn't mind at all spending 42€ to get one trap for each element, ad play as all the 40+ villains inside the game... Mmmh... 1€ per villain...?

Seems fair, to me.

Well cores used to be 7.99 and triple packs used to be 19.99. They have slowly raised prices, and TRU adds another dollar or two bump to theirs.

Really?

Wow. I don't recall such a big difference, from the first games.

But here in Italy we don't have Toys R Us.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#810 Posted: 18:24:05 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Really. And TRU was charging the same as everyone else. It's fast becoming the biggest cash grab ever.
---
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4199
#811 Posted: 18:56:30 30/08/2014
Sounds like a total rip-off.

Quick question: How were people able to find Buzzerker(High Five) & Frightengale's(Bat Spin) beta names, but not Flip Wreck's?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#812 Posted: 19:15:38 30/08/2014
The names where part of the image links, but not in Flip Wreck's link.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4199
#813 Posted: 03:41:25 31/08/2014
What was in Flip Wreck's image link?
Was there something in Flip Wreck's image link?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#814 Posted: 08:45:38 31/08/2014
its coming for the pc and this i really think is great news.... its just bad that this is yet again info activision have been holding back.

---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#815 Posted: 09:03:34 31/08/2014
Huh, I thought they stopped developing the PC version due to the least amount of sales it received.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#816 Posted: 11:02:56 31/08/2014
Quote: Aura24
Huh, I thought they stopped developing the PC version due to the least amount of sales it received.

it looks like they are gonna give it another try.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#817 Posted: 12:31:08 31/08/2014
Oooh, Trap Team on PC is tempting...
#818 Posted: 15:13:17 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Given the unmitigated disaster for developing SSA for PC (and none of the fixes they offered) I'm not so sure I would even remotely be on board for this platform. Looks like Infinity is leading Activision around; it should be the other way around. I can just about guarantee that this is a "me too" entry.

We can only hope that the work they did to make the tablet accessible can also be used for the PC without significant porting or coding. That will be the only hope for this platform to be "playable". Sorry, I have too much bad taste for the PC version from SSA---corrupt figures, etc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:51 31/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#819 Posted: 22:13:08 01/09/2014
As of right now who has the best incentives for preorder?
---
I'm Childish
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#820 Posted: 22:53:54 01/09/2014
Given the unmitigated disaster for developing SSA for PC (and none of the fixes they offered) I'm not so sure I would even remotely be on board for this platform. Looks like Infinity is leading Activision around; it should be the other way around. I can just about guarantee that this is a "me too" entry.

We can only hope that the work they did to make the tablet accessible can also be used for the PC without significant porting or coding. That will be the only hope for this platform to be "playable". Sorry, I have too much bad taste for the PC version from SSA---corrupt figures, etc.

The chance of that happening again is zero.
#821 Posted: 00:43:11 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Alexanddan

The chance of that happening again is zero.

The chance I'm willing to take on a PC version is zero. Frankly, they'll need to "prove it". I don't think they'll sell many copies, and the PC culture for gaming basically necessitates and NEEDS updates, fixes and enhancements...and they've already told us their stance on that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:45:18 02/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#822 Posted: 13:39:26 02/09/2014
the "Cuckoo Clocker" villain revealed....

---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#823 Posted: 16:05:05 02/09/2014
[User Posted Image]
Torch in a different pose
---
"Taking Charge"
#824 Posted: 17:29:01 02/09/2014
first legendary blades, and now legendary jawbreaker. what do you people think about this?....

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#825 Posted: 17:30:33 02/09/2014
Meh... more alt deco.
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1512
#826 Posted: 18:20:49 02/09/2014
Is it just me, or are the Giants looking a bit... small these days?
The Swappers were pretty big, and the Trap Masters look to be at least the same size as them.
---
Whip up a storm!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#827 Posted: 18:49:44 02/09/2014
Quote: Angry Rage Quit
Is it just me, or are the Giants looking a bit... small these days?
The Swappers were pretty big, and the Trap Masters look to be at least the same size as them.

The way I think of it is that it's the in-game size that matters. The swap force figures were almost as big as the giant figures, but in the game, the giants were still bigger. It looks like the same applies in trap team.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#828 Posted: 22:36:07 02/09/2014
Includes 1 Game, 1 Traptanium Portal, 3 Dark Skylanders Characters, 3 Traps, 1 Two-sided Collector Poster, 3 Sticker Sheets with Secret Codes, and 3 Trading Cards.
http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...r/dp/B00LTFR03U copied from amazon so There might be a second part to the Poster!!!!!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:44 02/09/2014 by skylandersspyro
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#829 Posted: 23:49:34 02/09/2014
The Dark Edition comes with a two sides poster - it did last year - that is just the artwork on the dark edition packaging of the characters in the starter pack.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#830 Posted: 02:22:26 03/09/2014
I'm kind of hoping the other side of the poster is a photograph of all the higher ups at Activision dancing around with wild grins on their face, while from the heavens it rains down all of our money as we basically rebuy two S1 Spyros this year. Oh yea, and we must not forget the funny wig they made out of our well thought out letter of concern for their money grubbing ways. Heaven knows I'd hang that proudly over my giant shelf of Skylanders!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#831 Posted: 02:52:30 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I loved that line, had it in my sig for the longest time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:53:57 03/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#832 Posted: 02:55:50 03/09/2014
I loved that line, had it in my sig for the longest time.

smilie I aim to please!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5477
#833 Posted: 03:14:10 03/09/2014
I wish that the other side had all the art of every character!
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#834 Posted: 16:56:55 03/09/2014

Well I know the stopped Spyro's Universe, but I don't recall a full-on PC game. Was there?
#835 Posted: 16:58:18 03/09/2014
There was, they did a PC version of SSA.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#836 Posted: 17:58:24 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
And I can't recall anyone joining darkSpyro going to the boards extolling the virtues of the port...there was nothing but threads of figure corruption which as everyone here should know is directly related to the version.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:07 03/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#837 Posted: 19:00:09 04/09/2014
There was, they did a PC version of SSA.

Wow, sad I missed out on that.

So on another note, Skylander Dad knows what the "?'s" are:
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:41 04/09/2014 by truegamer64
#838 Posted: 19:01:14 04/09/2014
He knows, but can't share the information until later on.
---
#839 Posted: 19:47:48 04/09/2014
I wish Activison would stop with the secrecy already! All they're doing is waiting until after DI2.0 releases to steal their thunder! I know it's just business tactics but last year we knew pretty much everything at this point!
#840 Posted: 19:49:26 04/09/2014
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I wish Activison would stop with the secrecy already! All they're doing is waiting until after DI2.0 releases to steal their thunder! I know it's just business tactics but last year we knew pretty much everything at this point!

Do we know that for sure? Or are we just yelling out fustrations?
---
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#841 Posted: 20:04:14 04/09/2014

I remember being at Vicarious Visions last year around the 18th of September (a little less than 1 month from launch) and they taped up the poster so we couldn't see who was on it, they wouldn't show deflated pop thorn or any of the adventure packs. All Swap Force had to release were characters and packs, Trap Team is different with Traps, then Sidekicks, and then the (dun, dun, dun......) Question Marks. It's too much information to throw out all at once they have to let peeps digest it, by the time they release all the info there is to know, it looks like it will be right in line with last years timing, at least from what I remember.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#842 Posted: 20:24:26 04/09/2014
Quote: skylanderkids

I remember being at Vicarious Visions last year around the 18th of September (a little less than 1 month from launch) and they taped up the poster so we couldn't see who was on it, they wouldn't show deflated pop thorn or any of the adventure packs. All Swap Force had to release were characters and packs, Trap Team is different with Traps, then Sidekicks, and then the (dun, dun, dun......) Question Marks. It's too much information to throw out all at once they have to let peeps digest it, by the time they release all the info there is to know, it looks like it will be right in line with last years timing, at least from what I remember.

You've got a good point, and although I think it builds up hype by revealing the question marks last, I at least wish they wouldn't hold EVERYTHING else in until later. Sure, they revealed (almost) the whole poster already, but the least they could do is show a bit more gameplay of new characters.
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#843 Posted: 21:03:09 04/09/2014

I hope we know soon thats all. the suspense!
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#844 Posted: 01:50:09 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator

I agree. I remember not even knowing about the Legendary Treasures and Heroics until we finally got the game--and I remember you SkylanderDad trying to give me the 411 that late in the game and they wouldn't break. Some stuff they just aren't going to reveal. This is very deliberate...nothing ground breaking AT ALL with Trap Team, but they are timing everything rather nicely. It may frustrate everyone else..my only beef is the RE-PLAYABILITY and activities that support TOY TO LIFE (Bonus Missions, Heroics, Quests, etc). It would be super awesome if I can get some comfort in one or more of these areas.

Not in any rush since I'm not forking over any money until Black Friday, though. If they can take their time, so can I. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:53:41 05/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#845 Posted: 02:39:05 05/09/2014

I agree. I remember not even knowing about the Legendary Treasures and Heroics until we finally got the game--and I remember you SkylanderDad trying to give me the 411 that late in the game and they wouldn't break. Some stuff they just aren't going to reveal. This is very deliberate...nothing ground breaking AT ALL with Trap Team, but they are timing everything rather nicely. It may frustrate everyone else..my only beef is the RE-PLAYABILITY and activities that support TOY TO LIFE (Bonus Missions, Heroics, Quests, etc). It would be super awesome if I can get some comfort in one or more of these areas.

Not in any rush since I'm not forking over any money until Black Friday, though. If they can take their time, so can I. smilie

The replayability thing is big for us too, hopefully this new "kaos mode" that we've heard about will offer something unique instead of just being a step above nightmare. The best case is that Kaos Mode is a whole 'nother experience, but with only 2 years to make the game, I'm not counting on anything too different, but let's hope I'm wrong.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:30 05/09/2014 by skylanderkids
#846 Posted: 04:05:28 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Heck Time Attack and Score mode were hits at my house, and with friends to compare scores with, was competitive (which is nice)--and they were just slight revamps on the levels. I'd be happy with something along those lines. I'm a bit worried that for nut cases like me who actually upgraded all of their skylanders to level 20 they aren't giving us MUCH TO DO TO OUR SKYLANDERS this time around, hence my questions around stuff we can spend time on to UPGRADE OUR SKYLANDERS...whatever that is. They have seemingly removed heroics, and quests and other skylander specific upgrade metrics haven't been showed/discussed. I hope there's more than just the concept of "outfits". I find it odd that SSA was very focused on "toys to life" and customizing your skylander...and now all of that seems to be lost except for level/XP and upgrades. smilie

Also, please try and confirm that Villain Quests involve more than just talking to a NPC with a specific skylander. If not, my previous point is even MORE important to discuss/get info.

I think you made the right decision. Interviews this time around has frankly been a joke; most of the information we've been gleaning from the demo videos.

Thanks for your work; I've appreciated your work on the channel and my kids and I visit and watch it all the time.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 04:19:25 05/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5477
#847 Posted: 12:05:02 05/09/2014
Don't know if this has been posted on THIS thread but here [User Posted Image]
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#848 Posted: 12:33:26 05/09/2014
...I wish this forum had a 'like' button for some of the post. Anyways...

I was one of those frustrated wit hthe timing for release of info, but at this point I'm satisfied, sure some necessary questions still need ot be answered...as it stands I'm still trying to figure out hte 3DS game, I could wait until after launch really for the ?...since the yare on the poster - its sfe to assume that they are figures, and I'm fine not knowing all the figures. I know enough to plan my spending habits for the most part, and 'some' mystery is a good thing.

All I ask for replay-ability. Better developed bonus missions, more arena challenges, heroics, and I'm good.
- Unreall
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#849 Posted: 14:45:41 05/09/2014
Unreall, I totally agree.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#850 Posted: 22:57:07 05/09/2014

I'm sure all of you have seen everything we have in this roundup video by now, but I thought I'd do a bit of a catch-up. Forgot to slot in Nitro Krypt King though, doh!

Thanks to everyone on the boards and blogs (especially myskylanders.de) for all the great pics. If I forgot to credit anyone, sincerest apologies.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:52 05/09/2014 by wideawakewesley
First | Previous | Page 17 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me