darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 16 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#751 Posted: 19:47:51 27/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Bionichute
So what I'm getting from you people is that you really don't like games like Super Smash Bros not instantly revealing all the information.

As secret is the thrill of the chase. It'll either be super disappointing, or super exciting, but a secret should get you at least get you somewhat interested. Giving up on a game series because they aren't telling us what could be a big game changer immediately shows that you are impatient, and probably never really liked the series to begin with.

You never get what you want instantly, so learn to wait.

Is there any choice? Just saying, I can't make purchase decisions without the 411.

All I'm saying is to wait. It will definitely be revealed before release, but you people are all acting like they should've released it now, even though it's still a month before the full release.

We have 30 days. Be patient.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#752 Posted: 19:54:57 27/08/2014
Unless it's something they think consumers will see as positive, I doubt they'll release info on many of the things people are concerned about.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#753 Posted: 20:09:01 27/08/2014
So what I'm getting from you people is that you really don't like games like Super Smash Bros not instantly revealing all the information.

As secret is the thrill of the chase. It'll either be super disappointing, or super exciting, but a secret should get you at least get you somewhat interested. Giving up on a game series because they aren't telling us what could be a big game changer immediately shows that you are impatient, and probably never really liked the series to begin with.

You never get what you want instantly, so learn to wait.

Eh...I think you aren't comparing it quantitatively enough.

For a healthy number of people - not just on this forum, they've 'invested' $300-500 on this series. That puts it in the same league as a PS4 and a XBOne. Now, before you buy a new console, don't you ask yourself questions like "how long will it last" or "what's the long term support going to be like" or "how does it compare to offering 'X' by another company"? That's frankly what this comes down to.

Smash Bros? The most you 'invest' into that game, is the game itself, as someone in the fighting game community, they don't even use custom controllers for SSBM. So, there is a different level of concern. Its like comparing buying a skateboard, to a bicycle, to a car. The amount of research you do and questions you ask is directly proportional to the cost.

So the folks who want more information are perfectly within reason to want it. I mean even without Minis or reposes, just buying a trap master of each element puts the game at almost $200, not including traps or cores.

Now for me, most of my questions have been answered, so I'm ready to give them my money. But I put less emphasis on some of the other concerns.

I just want more console games that use the existing toys. It's such a goldmind, I'm struggling to see why Activision hasn't jumped harder at this. There are the mobile games, but everytime I thought about getting those the reviews have been terribad, and those are mobile, my collection is at home, give me more games I can put Prism Break on and compete against my son or something. But that's neither here nor there, I'm not complaining, just hopeful (Skylander Party would be DOPE, can't tell me it wouldn't).
- Unreall
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#754 Posted: 20:39:22 27/08/2014
I wish there were way more battle arenas, that are cool, unique and had some more stuff to mess around with.
---
A story.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#755 Posted: 22:46:48 27/08/2014
@Unreallystic Great post!

I agree, Skylander Party or Skylander Olympics would be DOPE!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#756 Posted: 00:25:59 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Unreallystic
I just want more console games that use the existing toys. It's such a goldmind, I'm struggling to see why Activision hasn't jumped harder at this. There are the mobile games, but everytime I thought about getting those the reviews have been terribad, and those are mobile, my collection is at home, give me more games I can put Prism Break on and compete against my son or something. But that's neither here nor there, I'm not complaining, just hopeful (Skylander Party would be DOPE, can't tell me it wouldn't).
- Unreall

I recall a few interviews where they say they 1. don't want to burnout the brand and 2. they want to focus on the core title only. I actually admire them for that. However, they're burning both ends of the candle with the figures.

If they can get another shop to build the games independently of TfB or VV, then I say go for it. Make it a cheap $10 downloadable too.

I don't think you'd be saying that if they had not communicated ANY information; I simply want the information that's important to me. I didn't say I was impatient, only that there's a time horizon for me. If they don't meet it, I have to make decisions. It is what it is. I have a tighter budget this season and that's the deadline for me to be able to do whatever buying I need to support my holiday shopping.

Frankly, they did this last year---the replayability and skylanders upgrades process was totally ignored by VV; in fact they fibbed or told a little white lie in terms of how legenadary treasures worked and what the impact on the skylanders upgrade process would be. We didn't find that out until after release. So, in reality, I expect them not to release any information, and I'll have to get it second hand here after folks start playing. It's ironic that I have to ask the company that started the "toys to life" genre how my toys can be customized in the new game or how will my adventure continue after story mode.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 00:35:09 28/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#757 Posted: 01:28:25 28/08/2014
I think that i will only get my favourites no reposes or lightcores mabey somes minis
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#758 Posted: 02:05:06 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Believe it or not there's going to be ZERO lightcores. Weird I know.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#759 Posted: 02:30:08 28/08/2014
Believe it or not there's going to be ZERO lightcores. Weird I know.

Im not surprised. they were bigger shelf warmers than the dragonfire cannon battle pack
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#760 Posted: 10:40:23 28/08/2014
I still think there will be one more release of new info right around the time DI comes out, or two weeks before release. They'll want to try and steal DI thunder if at all possible. That could be as weak as just announcing a couple new characters for those question marks. Could be new elements or something not yet predicted. I don't think we'll hear mundane things about replayability of levels, upgrades and customizations, etc. That's not the kind of stuff that's going to get people to forget about DI.

I don't think we'll know anything about whether traps will carry over till the next game until they announce a next game.
#761 Posted: 12:53:35 28/08/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
- Unreall

I recall a few interviews where they say they 1. don't want to burnout the brand and 2. they want to focus on the core title only. I actually admire them for that. However, they're burning both ends of the candle with the figures.

If they can get another shop to build the games independently of TfB or VV, then I say go for it. Make it a cheap $10 downloadable too.

I don't think you'd be saying that if they had not communicated ANY information; I simply want the information that's important to me. I didn't say I was impatient, only that there's a time horizon for me. If they don't meet it, I have to make decisions. It is what it is. I have a tighter budget this season and that's the deadline for me to be able to do whatever buying I need to support my holiday shopping.

Frankly, they did this last year---the replayability and skylanders upgrades process was totally ignored by VV; in fact they fibbed or told a little white lie in terms of how legenadary treasures worked and what the impact on the skylanders upgrade process would be. We didn't find that out until after release. So, in reality, I expect them not to release any information, and I'll have to get it second hand here after folks start playing. It's ironic that I have to ask the company that started the "toys to life" genre how my toys can be customized in the new game or how will my adventure continue after story mode.

I had a feeling that 'burn-out' was the concern, but that's only if they are putting out full blown titles. Like a 'Giants II'...like a 'core' title with new toys - that burnout would really sink in. $10 and $15 XBLA games though? Stuff that comparetively speaking would be another pill for DLC? That wouldn't create burn out.
- Unreall
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#762 Posted: 18:10:07 28/08/2014
Food Fight in Action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNMHgXzMrM
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:11:19 28/08/2014 by Jeriba
#763 Posted: 18:39:21 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jeriba

Where was this? I can hear the cries from the tomato activists now..roflmao.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#764 Posted: 19:16:58 28/08/2014
*Watches millions of tomatoes being wasted*

<insert starving African kids photo here>
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#765 Posted: 19:39:36 28/08/2014

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/...ldeOL_Spain.php
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#766 Posted: 19:49:19 28/08/2014

This seems relevant.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#767 Posted: 20:00:24 28/08/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/...ldeOL_Spain.php

hmmm....

6,500 kilograms of tomatoes , converts to roughly 14,330 lbs.

So, 229,280 ounces. Serving size of a fruit or vegetable is 4 to 6 ounces. Going with the average size of 5 ounces in the middle.

45,856 servings of tomatoes wasted.

/buzzkill
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#768 Posted: 20:32:07 28/08/2014

Even Food Fight himself would see it as a waste.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#769 Posted: 21:30:37 28/08/2014
So, we can confirm that the music of that video is the actual theme song of Trap Team, now?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#770 Posted: 00:03:37 29/08/2014
^ Yep, I'm pretty sure that it's the main theme.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

We now have a look at the Eon's Elite stat cards. Spyro has "500 agility" and Chop Chop has "500 armor." Yeesh.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#771 Posted: 00:30:38 29/08/2014
So they look different in the game, they have additional stats etc. but do they have any... wow-pows? Do they come up at series 2/3 figures in previous games? Or are they just very powerful series 1 figures?
#772 Posted: 00:49:21 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
So they look different in the game, they have additional stats etc. but do they have any... wow-pows? Do they come up at series 2/3 figures in previous games? Or are they just very powerful series 1 figures?

As much as they cost, every button hit should replicate a lightcore bomb blast.
---
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#773 Posted: 02:02:56 29/08/2014
What's the US price? They look beautiful! I won't be opening these.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#774 Posted: 02:43:04 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
We don't know yet. There's a thread discussing UK prices which are known. Best to check Gamestop as I believe they have exclusivity to these products.
---
rainbowblade Red Sparx Gems: 78
#775 Posted: 02:58:57 29/08/2014

I'm interested in this as well. Imagine a triple power shield skewer chop chop.
#776 Posted: 04:05:41 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: rainbowblade

My gut tells me....no wow pow.

Also keep in mind that the cards generally reflect in game, but they aren't 1:1.
---
#777 Posted: 04:31:01 29/08/2014
Quote: rainbowblade

*shudders*
---
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#778 Posted: 10:50:17 29/08/2014
Wait but if you want to keep them in the box you wont be able to use them in game because will the portal recognize them if the bottom is so thick and how are they held in their. It looks like their loose.
---
"Taking Charge"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#779 Posted: 11:16:01 29/08/2014
Quote: GIANTSRULE
Wait but if you want to keep them in the box you wont be able to use them in game because will the portal recognize them if the bottom is so thick and how are they held in their. It looks like their loose.

you will have to take them out of the box to use them. when you place them on the portal, these are clearly to high up from the portal to be activated.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#780 Posted: 11:17:55 29/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

We now have a look at the Eon's Elite stat cards. Spyro has "500 agility" and Chop Chop has "500 armor." Yeesh.

the box looks cheap and that price is insane for a repaint and a 500 upgrade on only one of the abilities... also there is no wow pow and no different ingame character...

there is nothing elite about this, its just a daylight robbery!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#781 Posted: 11:22:51 29/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

the box looks cheap and that price is insane for a repaint and a 500 upgrade on only one of the abilities... also there is no wow pow and no different ingame character...

there is nothing elite about this, its just a daylight robbery!

I agree they are not worth the price, but how is it a robbery, when you can choose not to buy them?

They are just OP S1. They aren't needed at all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#782 Posted: 12:56:29 29/08/2014

It's a yearly tradition event in a little city in Spain. Like the running of the bulls. Activision use it only for promotion.

http://www.latomatinatours.com/
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#783 Posted: 13:03:15 29/08/2014
that packaging is particularly nice looking.
i still think they should have made them pure display figures and just left out any software at all, as it is they are kinda confusing what they are trying to be, i thought we already had an elite core in the sky lands, called Legendary.
i can see people getting them, opening them to use them, then complaining as they are just series 1 characters

just a head up for anyone who actually wants to get these, the pre-order for Spyro and Chop Chop sold out in australia in i think 3 days, so its probably best to order early, if you want them.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#784 Posted: 13:53:29 29/08/2014 | Topic Creator
It's already been said "very limited quantities" so I expect them to sell out fast not because of demand but because of limited quantities. Of course, the scalpers will be in out in full force to price gouge those who don't take advantage.
---
#785 Posted: 16:21:20 29/08/2014
It's already been said "very limited quantities" so I expect them to sell out fast not because of demand but because of limited quantities. Of course, the scalpers will be in out in full force to price gouge those who don't take advantage.

As a pseudo scalper, I can tell you that anyone expecting to make money off these will regret it. The price is too high to start, anyone such as myself interested in owning one, won't spend more than what they are priced at now (assuming they stay at $25-$30), and even if they are, once you add in shipping, eBay & Paypal fees, anything less than $40 would be taking a loss or breaking even, there won't be any real profit unless it approaches a resell of $50. Just not worth it.
- Unreall
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#786 Posted: 17:30:11 29/08/2014
I will be extremely disappointed if the quantities are too low to meet the market. If I have to rush to a computer the second I hear they are available in order to get one, that may very well mean I don't get one. As well, it will be extremely disappointing if they don't release all 8 at the same time (it's looking like they won't). I've unofficially promised my kids that we can get one each, but they won't be able to choose accurately if we don't know all the 8 options.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5344
#787 Posted: 00:59:01 30/08/2014

Here's the official mobile trailer.

Here, you can see some extremely short official gameplay of Chef Pepper Jack. He attacks with two huge whisks.

We also see a nice cinematic of a few Trap Masters (Lob Star, surprisingly, made an appearance) and some villains (including Pepper Jack and "Dreamcatcher").

Also a wallop upgrade when he throws the hammers they are spiked
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#788 Posted: 01:13:13 30/08/2014
For anyone In the UK

[User Posted Image]

Gearshift Comes with every Preorder Of trap team
---
"Taking Charge"
#789 Posted: 01:24:29 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'd rather have a $15 Trap Master than a $6 villain variant trap. Nice for UK.
---
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#790 Posted: 01:25:25 30/08/2014
This is so unfair. Why does the UK get the good stuff
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#791 Posted: 01:26:25 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: milton310

Please don't go there. It's not always the case.
---
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#792 Posted: 01:46:23 30/08/2014
Uh oh, looks like we just started a flame war.
Look what you've done, Milton.
*Sprays hose*
---
A story.
#793 Posted: 02:41:10 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Nope, no flame war and no hose. Just saying I'm sure our UK friends would politely disagree on a number of fronts. There have been some UK exclusives...I just think Smyth's is churning out a great deal.

Remember UK sales for Swap Force were VERY lackluster last time, so I think they're trying to drum up sales.

I'm personally happy as a clam if I can get the starter pack for $35 or so on Black Friday...50% off is good enough for me. I will probably get whatever new guys come out on opening week that's on my "buy list" at TRU just to prevent the hassle with the BOGO 40%. That doesn't sound so bad now does it?

Of course, I'll be able to know in advance if the game is glitched, and act appropriately if there's a glitch and no traction to fix it.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:51:08 30/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#794 Posted: 03:13:44 30/08/2014
Keep in mind that the UK gets the game last, so it's only fair that they get a free trap master.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4187
#795 Posted: 04:24:11 30/08/2014
I just sit here, thinking about the question marks.

Question: How were people able to find Buzzerker(High Five) & Frightengale's(Bat Spin) beta names, but not Flip Wreck's?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#796 Posted: 04:26:59 30/08/2014
Quote: milton310
Yeah right.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#797 Posted: 09:07:59 30/08/2014
Australia is the one who get ripped off
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#798 Posted: 09:12:27 30/08/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

i think everyone is being ripped off this time around... higher prices, unnecessary things to buy, useless gimmicks, its the full package of rip off's...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#799 Posted: 10:16:44 30/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Snap Shot

i think everyone is being ripped off this time around... higher prices, unnecessary things to buy, useless gimmicks, its the full package of rip off's...

Higher prices...? Really? They looks the same as every year.

As for the other things, they are really just opinions. I wouldn't mind at all spending 42€ to get one trap for each element, ad play as all the 40+ villains inside the game... Mmmh... 1€ per villain...?

Seems fair, to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
BenandDaddy Green Sparx Gems: 418
#800 Posted: 10:38:44 30/08/2014
Smyths website shows no pre-order bonus.
First | Previous | Page 16 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me