darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#651 Posted: 04:46:08 07/06/2012
^ I zoom in on it and I see some kind of red bull holding some crystal. For sure it cannot be magic, life, water, air, or fire. Possibly tech. But that base reminds me of a an u dead one. I hope we find out soon.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#652 Posted: 04:48:01 07/06/2012
Red Bull gives you wings.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#653 Posted: 04:48:30 07/06/2012
It can't be undead either. There is already a new undead character. He is the one on the bird.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:58 07/06/2012 by Dmcrocks
#654 Posted: 04:54:24 07/06/2012
^umm that is ignitor, but legendary. Ok, we don't know about undead giant because of the angle however it is small so it could be. I'm leaning on the fire side because it looks like a bull and it's red.
Opal, the orange is the color of the very bottom like green was for series one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:56:37 07/06/2012 by Rand O M
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#655 Posted: 05:00:09 07/06/2012
I said it wrong there. I don't know why I messed up.
But yeah maybe fire.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#656 Posted: 05:02:53 07/06/2012
^ I keep looking at it and it can only be two tech or fire. Fire would make sense, but the base looks brown/ grayish. So maybe it's tech. It could be a hunchback of NorteDame Skylander!
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#657 Posted: 05:11:43 07/06/2012
^ Oh, I see, it is the orange strip. It looks like a tech base because if you look closely in the grey area, you can almost make out the gears. Maybe the yellow "straw" part around his hand is actually a large yellow gear? The more that I study it, the more it appears to be a gear but maybe I'm seeing it wrong?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#658 Posted: 05:14:25 07/06/2012
Yeah i think its a tech skylander too because throught terrafins legs you can kind of see gears and an orange strip and he looks like he had a tiny horn kind of like wham shell
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#659 Posted: 05:41:00 07/06/2012
^ Yeah, it's most likely a tech figure.

I was examining that humanoid water character and what I thought was a bow in its hands might be an ice shard so it's probably an ice character similar to Slam Bam, that chucks ice shards and uses other ice-based attacks. Maybe they were originally creating that white dragon figure to be an ice character similar to that one but later decided to make him an earth elemental instead. I honestly think that the white dragon is more fitting to be an ice/water element than an earth one. I wonder what its attacks are going to be like.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#660 Posted: 06:17:45 07/06/2012
I think the dragon is an albino, probably the cave-dwelling type that lost their color by living in pitch black for generations.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#661 Posted: 06:21:01 07/06/2012
^ That's a neat concept, it wouldn't be a true albino due to it not lacking pigment in its eyes ( such as red eyes like on white rabbits and albino reptiles) but I think that's a pretty cool idea.
---

NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#662 Posted: 09:03:52 07/06/2012
Quote: Rand O M
Quote: OpalOsprey
Ok what is that red Skylander behind Terrain and that blue thing behind shroom boom and bouncer. Is the blue Skylander behind bouncer zap?

^ If you mean the character behind Terrafin, it looks like a red version of Pop Fizz so maybe it's a variant of him? The blue figure behind Bouncer doesn't look like Zap, it appears to be a humanoid-type figure which is most likely the new normal-sized water element character. I'm trying to figure out what that character is behind Drill Sargent, is it a light Core version of Drobot with lazers projecting from his eyes?

I looked closely at the red Skylander and it is not a red pop fizz. Look at the red guys wrist. It has something like straw, pop fizz has chains. And judging. Y the platform of it I think it's an undead Skylander or earth. Can't really tell because it looks like the base slants.

I don't think it's earth, we've already seen the earth one; it's the crystal dragon next to legendary Ignitor, near the portal.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#663 Posted: 09:23:49 07/06/2012
New info from the facebook walkthrough:

• Pop Fizz is AMAZING! smilie
  • Cynder has a new attack that calls lightning down from the sky
  • LightCore figures enter the game with a bang doing damage to all enemies around them
  • "Legendary Treasure" boosts your abilities when used in the Upgrade-a-tron
  • Elemental Gates are themed for their elemental type, rather than looking like a gate with a symbol on it (e.g. Undead gate looks like Hex's bone power.

Screen grabs

http://i.imgur.com/TEos0.png

http://i.imgur.com/ohBa9.jpg
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:24:29 07/06/2012 by wideawakewesley
#664 Posted: 09:31:26 07/06/2012
Is that all the lightcores do or do they have other powers/features besides exploding and lighting up?
---
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#665 Posted: 09:41:42 07/06/2012
^ When put on the PoP, all enemies around them in-game are instantly killed
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#666 Posted: 12:19:26 07/06/2012
Not anymore, they changed that. They enter like normal. See the bouncer video
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#667 Posted: 12:58:22 07/06/2012
I think with the giants they have lightcore technology, but it is only the special lightcore characters that have the extra power, prisim break eruptor, shroomboom (is that his name?) and the fourth one. giants are already powerfull enough they don't need that extra power.
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#668 Posted: 13:26:45 07/06/2012
I'm sure each Giant does something similar, because they make a huge crater when they enter the game. I think I saw that being used in a video to hurt enemies. Can't for the life of me find it though.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#669 Posted: 13:37:58 07/06/2012
Quote: wideawakewesley
I'm sure each Giant does something similar, because they make a huge crater when they enter the game. I think I saw that being used in a video to hurt enemies. Can't for the life of me find it though.

yup, i saw the same video ... and i've watched so many i don't know which one it was either, lol
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#670 Posted: 14:10:40 07/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
This is pretty much gonna be a copy of iSO's topic about S:SA, because we need one so people don't keep posting new topics about it. Fell free to post new information, and I'll keep the first few posts updated.

[Image Unavailable]

Words in italics are either guess work, or uncertainties

Basic Info

Genre: Action Adventure
Systems: Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS
Developer(s): Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 = Toys for Bob
3DS = n-Space
Mobile = Unknown
Release Date(s): NA: 10/21/2012
EU: October 2012
AU: October 2012
Players: 1-2 (Drop-in/out Co-Op and PVP)
Plot:
Quote: Plot
Thousands of years ago, the Giants fought epic battles in Skylands but were banished to Earth. With a new threat looming, it's time to bring them back to join forces with the Skylanders. Only you can put them on the Portal of Power to unleash their strength in the ultimate battle to save Skylands.

Official Website: http://www.skylanders.com/giants

New Figures

Giants:
• Tree Rex (Life) [Image] [Video]
• Bouncer (Tech) [Image] [Video]
• Crusher (Earth) [Image]
Skylanders:
• Pop-Fizz (Magic) [Image] [Video]
• Jet-Vac (Air) [Image] [Video]
Light Core Skylanders:
• Prism Break (Earth) [Image]
• Eruptor (Fire) [Image]
• Shroomboom (Life) [Image]
Remodels**:
• Cynder (Undead) [Image] [Video]
• Zook (Life) [Image]
• Sonic Boom (Air) [Image]
• Trigger Happy (Tech) [Image]
Legendary Ignitor (Fire) [Image]
Legendary Slam Bam (Water) [Image]
• Drobot (Tech) [Image]
• Drill Sargent (Tech) [Image]
• Chop Chop (Undead) [Image]
• Terrafin (Earth) [Image]
• Double Trouble (Magic) [Image]
• Hex (Undead) [Image]

8 Giant Skylanders: One out-sized Skylander for each of the different elements. These characters have special abilities in-game, but balanced in such a way that they shouldn't eclipse the original Skylanders. Each of the Giant Skylanders has elements that light up when placed on the Portal and is about twice the size of the original figures.

4 Light Core Skylanders: Four special edition figures that have light up parts when placed on the Portal. Like the Giant Skylanders, this extends the RFID technology to wirelessly power the figures and avoids the need for batteries.

8 New Skylanders: Eight new normal-sized Skylander figures, one for each of the elements. These extend the elemental families with new figures that complement those already available.

32 Re-released Skylanders: All 32 characters from series 1, not including Legendaries and Dark Spyro, will receive reposed models. These series 2 models will include further upgrades beyond the series 1 figures.

All characters from the first game will work with Skylanders: Giants, and will include new Heroic Challenges, however location items will not work. It is uncertain if Magic Items will work in Skylanders: Giants

Known Locations

Quote:
How many levels are there in Giants?
There are more than 15 levels that feature unique terrain, fortresses, obstacles and other mysteries.

Releases

Game:
• Starter Pack ($74.99 RRP) - Including Game, Portal, Tree Rex, Pop-Fizz (Console), Jet-Vac (3DS), Cynder and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS)
• Expansion Pack ($59.99 RRP) - Includes Game, Tree Rex and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS)

The Wii U version is tricky - the Wii U Gamepad uses NFC (the same as the Portal of Power) so presumably it would not come with a portal but it might still come with all 3 of the Skylanders in the starter pack for the consoles

Characters:
• Giant Skylander ($14.99 RRP) - I'm guessing about £12
• Light Core Skylander (£11.99 RRP) - I'm guessing about £10
• Normal Skylander ($9.99 RRP) - I'm guessing about £7

New Features

Quote:
Going Big: Skylanders Giants introduces eight new highly collectible figures that are more than twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. Their in-game powers and abilities reflect their colossal scale.

Bright Lights: Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants includes a set of characters that feature spectacular new light technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power™. These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.

Brand New Skylanders: Eight new regular sized skylanders, each with their own unique powers, abilities, and personality, join the adventure alongside the Giants.

Forward Compatibility: Every beloved character from Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, leveled-up stats and customizations intact.

Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and more gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level up every character.

Official Videos

*Extras are a Poster, Web Codes, Trading Cards and Stickers
**Remodeled characters are the only ones who will include extra upgrades beyond the Soul Gem's from Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. The original models will still be able to level up to Lv15

you could at least cut the image.
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#671 Posted: 14:12:13 07/06/2012
its not four lightore skylanders its four reposed skylanders and four new skylanders that are going to be lightcore.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#672 Posted: 15:07:36 07/06/2012
Everything I have heard in interviews and read from official sources said "select" or "favorites" for reposes - not all 32. Can anyone provide a source for all 32 being reposed aside from conjecture?

I have not seen any discussion on the new difficulty setting feature. If I can't find one, I'm going to start it!
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ArcticWolf54 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#673 Posted: 15:08:42 07/06/2012
If u wanna see the air giant watch the e3 video it shows a bunch of new skylanders the air giant is the huge bug in the middle of the screen
---
Rise and Shine / Full Scream Ahead
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#674 Posted: 15:24:19 07/06/2012
Toleroh, this video has information on the new game difficulty setting. I really hope the link works, it's what the iPod YouTube app gave me -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...be_gdata_player
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:25 07/06/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#675 Posted: 15:39:59 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Toleroh
Everything I have heard in interviews and read from official sources said "select" or "favorites" for reposes - not all 32. Can anyone provide a source for all 32 being reposed aside from conjecture?

I have not seen any discussion on the new difficulty setting feature. If I can't find one, I'm going to start it!

28 will be getting new designs under the same name - from what we can gather, the four missing ones will be 4 new legendary characters, as what is presumably a Legendary Ignitor and Legendary Slam Bam can be spotted in the trailer
#676 Posted: 15:51:57 07/06/2012
Quote: Natfire

Is that it though?
---
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#677 Posted: 16:43:32 07/06/2012
Ok what is that red Skylander behind Terrain and that blue thing behind shroom boom and bouncer. Is the blue Skylander behind bouncer zap?

The Red thing behind Terrafin might be Wham-Shell
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#678 Posted: 17:15:49 07/06/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Is that it though?

Also, it gives out a bit of extra damage
#679 Posted: 17:51:04 07/06/2012
meh, pass
---
#680 Posted: 18:35:43 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Is that it though?

The Lightcore Skylanders (Prism Break, Eruptor ETC) are also remodeled - which until E3 was unknown. So, if you were planning on getting a series 2 Prism Break, it would be the Lightcore one.
#681 Posted: 18:41:05 07/06/2012
Unless I find a cheap lightcore Whirlwind, pass
---
#682 Posted: 21:09:16 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Who says Whirlwind will be a Lightcore?
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#683 Posted: 21:30:40 07/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Who says Whirlwind will be a Lightcore?

Alot of this conversation is still idol speculation (like the concept of new legendaries in the new series). People have tried to analyze that commercial spot in considerable detail. It looks like the remodels for Whirlwind (the horn), Hex and Double Trouble consisted of parts that could light up. Obviously at least one of those three guesses is garbage as Eruptor and Prism Break are both confirmed.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#684 Posted: 21:38:14 07/06/2012
If you put new skylanders under light core there will only be 4 skylanders under new skylanders
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#685 Posted: 21:54:05 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome
If you put new skylanders under light core there will only be 4 skylanders under new skylanders

I did this because the Light Core Skylanders, old and new, are separate than normal Skylanders. The main reasons being the fact that they do different things in game, but also because of the price (Light Core Skylanders will be more expensive than normal Skylanders and more than likely branded separately too).
#686 Posted: 22:17:53 07/06/2012
Quote: Sunburn55

The Red thing behind Terrafin might be Wham-Shell

It cannot be wham shell because it is holding a crystal.
#687 Posted: 22:45:13 07/06/2012
SkylandersGame facebook posted part 2 of their mini walkthrough of Giants. Quigley returns, and now it seems the enemies will talk in this game.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100955740560085
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#688 Posted: 23:07:29 07/06/2012
^ Neat find Aura, thanks for the link!

I'm pretty sure that the character behind Terrafin isn't Wham Shell unless they decided to make him a tech elemental and changed his weapon to a crystal. The "horn" is also wrong.
---

Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#689 Posted: 23:10:18 07/06/2012
madoinavguinaiuv dpuuipbuj!!!!

i don't have face book and the vid won't load!!same for part 1!!!
#690 Posted: 23:22:06 07/06/2012
^ I don't have a Facebook account either (or even plan on getting one in the future) and the video loaded for me. Maybe it has something to do with a required flash player.
---

AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#691 Posted: 23:40:23 07/06/2012
Me neither, Meh This site is my facebook.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#692 Posted: 23:45:44 07/06/2012
^ same here. I don't need a Facebook nor want one. Anyways I think that earth dragon is a unicorn because it has a crystal claws and crystal horn on top of its head.
#693 Posted: 23:45:47 07/06/2012
^ This site is currently the only forum or "social networking" that I'm registered to. I don't care for Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter.

To Rand O M:

Oh, I didn't even notice that crystal horn until you pointed that out. It looks like its whole body is composed of crystals, I wonder what its tail looks like.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:22 07/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#694 Posted: 00:09:50 08/06/2012
facebook is very overrated. so...are there any links to these demos from the site on youtube or somewhere else where non-facebookers can see them? faun can't get them to work on that site (which is odd since the trailer worked just fine).
#695 Posted: 00:11:54 08/06/2012
No, faun, those vids are exclusive to Facebook.
---
#696 Posted: 00:24:03 08/06/2012
^ I don't have a Facebook account either (or even plan on getting one in the future) and the video loaded for me. Maybe it has something to do with a required flash player.

the video didn't say anything about flash player before loading....i just clicked on it and it showed a black screen instead of the vid....
#697 Posted: 00:27:50 08/06/2012
^ Hmm, that's odd. I noticed other posts from forum members having difficulty viewing the Giants videos on Facebook so it might have something to do the site itself or the video's format isn't well composed?

Edit:

Okay, I just looked through the video's coding and it appears that my Adobe Flash Player (version 11.202...) is the software that is reading the video's format. I would try right clicking on the video and select "low" in the "Quality" options and making sure that you have the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. I hope this helps.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:18 08/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
#698 Posted: 00:40:04 08/06/2012
OH COME ON!!I'M ABOUT TO TRY WHAT YOU TOLD ME BUT THE LINK DOSEN'T WORK

ANGER!!NHIUBHASDVUIOGGGGGGGGWUVJDEBDEGWUGEVJUSDLB VS
#699 Posted: 00:51:32 08/06/2012
^ Bummer, it sounds like your having some really bad luck, I'm sorry to hear that =(.
---

#700 Posted: 01:16:48 08/06/2012
^ Bummer, it sounds like your having some really bad luck, I'm sorry to hear that =(.

i just noticed..sometimes facebook gets hacked and the logo chages(facebook in favorited in the toolbar)and the logo changed to what looks like a play button...
First | Previous | Page 14 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me