darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 14 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#651 Posted: 17:41:57 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Bionichute for the win. Good sleuthing. Good hypothesis.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#652 Posted: 17:45:09 22/08/2014
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: Rickorio

He's probably just an unannounced normal villain, due to him appearing right before Dreacatcher's level.

Though what element would he be in?

Definitely Magic. We're still missing 8 dudes, so it's not a stretch to say that each element will have around 5 villains.

Hmm...eh, I see how we could make it so where Fire, Undead, Earth, Magic, and Air could each have Five, while the others have six. Then there'd be Kaos.

Even then, there'd still be two villains left.
---
#hu
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#653 Posted: 17:48:24 22/08/2014
Hmm, fairly certain I got Krankcase's theme wrong. The first level is definitely a forest/deforestation theme, but I think he's second level might be The Secret Sewers of Supreme Stink. So he just has a general "Factory" theme.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#654 Posted: 17:52:49 22/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Bionichute for the win. Good sleuthing. Good hypothesis.

+1
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#655 Posted: 18:02:09 22/08/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
And another point nobody rasied yet, which I disagree with: trolls removing their figure from the Portal/disconnecting their Portal. This could be punished by kicking the troll from the match if they do it more than once or have the toy/Portal disconnected for too long, or it could give the player being trolled an option to quit if they've been hanging for 15 seconds or so. There would still be people who remove the Portal/Skylander to troll, but they could put some limit on that.

Simple solutions

Battle Mode: Removing a figure does nothing, you're locked to what you selected before initiating the battle.
Adventure Mode: Whoever has a figure on the portal continues as normal (temporary single player if you like), the other player gets dropped in close to them once they've put a figure back on the portal.

There's no reason why one player removing their figure should interrupt the other player's experience.

Hmm...eh, I see how we could make it so where Fire, Undead, Earth, Magic, and Air could each have Five, while the others have six. Then there'd be Kaos.

Judging by the Trap Collection Tray, only Undead, Earth and Magic have 5 - Fire and Air have 6 villains. (Undead and Earth are cut off by Kaos on the top, Magic is cut off by the STT logo in the bottom right corner)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:41 22/08/2014 by Nightmoon
#656 Posted: 18:03:54 22/08/2014
Wait....I think this kind of destroys the new element theory (for villains, at least).

[User Posted Image]

Okay, so the farthest three are Tech, Water, then Life. We see six there, and we have six on the poster. We're done there.

The one after life is Undead. We have four on the poster, and we can see three in this picture. Though, there's still two spaces left. Enough for two trap slots. And, if you look at the element next to it, Earth, it has four. Plus, we have four Undead Villains on the poster. Like the other trap slots that are whited out, that last one is most likely whited out. That's one of the eight unknown villains.

Earth, like I said earlier, you can see that there's four on the poster, and there's a whited out one. That's two of the eight unknown villains.

As for Air next to it, we SEE three visible slots. Though, on the poster, we know of four. And, by looking at the Fire and Magic rows next to it, there is another slot, hidden by the portal and Wildfire's shield.
As for the whited out slot we can see, that's three of the eight unknown villains.
But, if we look at fire, there's TWO whited out slots. And, by where Snap Shot's bow and sword is, we can conclude that there is a whited out slot hidden by Snap Shot's weapon. Four out of eight.

For Fire and Magic, you can clearly see the slots for all the villains of each of those elements, and the four whited out slots for each of them. That's all eight out of eight.

[User Posted Image]
Here's the poster, if anyone wants to check.
---
#hu
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:20:38 22/08/2014 by Rickorio
#657 Posted: 18:05:21 22/08/2014
I also tried figuring out how many villains each level would have. The average seems to be 3, but as we've seen from Soda Springs, there can be less than that. Doing the math (3 x 17 + 2, which results in 53) it actually results in 3 villains less than what's been confirmed. So, this could basically confirm that villains will be in the Adventure Packs, but when tried adding them in, it resulted in one Adventure Pack only having 1 villain to capture.

So I tried something different. Instead I decided to do 3 x 16 + 2 + 1 (I'm assuming that the final level will only have Kaos to capture) for this equation), which adds up to 51, leaving 5 villains left for the Adventure Packs, which makes more sense.

Again, just assumptions on my part.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#658 Posted: 18:10:14 22/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon

Judging by the Trap Collection Tray, only Undead, Earth and Magic have 5 - Fire and Air have 6 villains. (Undead and Earth are cut off by Kaos on the top, Magic is cut off by the STT logo in the bottom right corner)

I know, if you read my most recent post, you'll see what I've come up with.
---
#hu
Approves Blue Sparx Gems: 524
#659 Posted: 18:24:05 22/08/2014
Hey guys.
Anybody noticed the "Jump-Damage" yet?
Just look at 0:55 in the video below.
Snap Shot is jumping on Chompies and they start to blink red.

What do you think of it ?
Do you think, just Trap-Masters will receive this ability ?
How high (or how low) will the DMG output be if you need more than one jump just for a chompy ?

---
PS4: Approves
#660 Posted: 18:26:11 22/08/2014
Quote: Approves
Hey guys.

How high (or how low) will the DMG output be if you need more than one jump just for a chompy ?

Hmm....is it just me or does it look like he double-jumps right there...
---
#hu
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#661 Posted: 18:26:50 22/08/2014
I also tried figuring out how many villains each level would have. The average seems to be 3, but as we've seen from Soda Springs, there can be less than that. Doing the math (3 x 17 + 2, which results in 53) it actually results in 3 villains less than what's been confirmed. So, this could basically confirm that villains will be in the Adventure Packs, but when tried adding them in, it resulted in one Adventure Pack only having 1 villain to capture.

So I tried something different. Instead I decided to do 3 x 16 + 2 + 1 (I'm assuming that the final level will only have Kaos to capture) for this equation), which adds up to 51, leaving 5 villains left for the Adventure Packs, which makes more sense.

Again, just assumptions on my part.

53 is 7 more than the confirmed total of villains (46), not 3 less.
Assuming each adventure pack has two villains to capture each, 12 of the story chapters have two trappable villains, while the remaining 6 chapters have three.

I know, if you read my most recent post, you'll see what I've come up with.

I didn't know when I posted my previous reply ;3

And, yes, what you posted is the same as I've thought since we saw the complete Trap Collection Tray.

Quote: Approves
Hey guys.

It has been confirmed (or at least extremely heavily implied, it's been a while since I saw the video about it) that all characters, new and old, will receive jump attacks.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#662 Posted: 18:41:12 22/08/2014
ALl characters have jump attacks, but of course not all of them have melee attacks. Hijinx for example just shoots while jumping, it depends on the character.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#663 Posted: 00:26:14 23/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: Arc of Archives
Doesn't seem like there's anything too interesting to discuss about TT right now, aside from the search for answers (I agree it's worrying), so I'd like to raise the issue of online multiplayer.

I wrote a post about it: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...78&post=5268102

How big of an issue do you guys think it is? The lack of online doesn't completely ruin the games for me, but does make me much less interested in replaying them, and it'd probably be big enough to sway me into buying a Skylanders game with it.

There are two reasons why we don't have online yet:

1. The Wii version. The Wii doesn't exactly have online that matches the level of the PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBone, or even the Wii U. They have the whole philosophy of making every version being almost exactly the same, so releasing a version of the game that's missing a major feature wouldn't slide with the,.

2. It's a game for kids. This is the most obvious one. Kids like that don't really understand online, but the biggest risk is safety. Having online would mean that thousands of kids would be interacting with people they don't know, and some of those people include pedophiles. There's a reason why some parents don't want their kids going on the internet for a long time, and having that in a game meant for kids would probably not result in nice thins.

To add a third point..

3. Hackers. Online games are flooded with them. We still have no clue what hackers could do to their characters (presumably the typical health hacks and damage output ones), or what they could do to the Portals/figures of other players.

4. Cost. An online game is going to be more expensive to make and more expensive to maintain.

5. Exposes lack of balance. If the battle arena is online, or really just any multiplayer online combat, the lack of balance between characters is going to be exposed and exploited. That alone wouldn't deter online features, and they could do a better job of balancing characters.

6. Just a thought, but perhaps TFB and the other dev companies (slips my mind at the moment) have little experieince with online developing. The concern would be that there is little confidence that could do it well.

I am in favor of online features, but I'm just speculating on reasons why it hasn't been done.
#664 Posted: 00:32:17 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
^ Cost? Cut me a break, a billion dollar franchise can't expend money? I know you need servers bandwidth etc...I GET IT. But again, if the fans want it, and they're pinching pennies...well two can play at that game.

Q, what are those things DI is revealing? All of my skyfans tell me it's just upgrade trees. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:01 23/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#665 Posted: 01:39:52 23/08/2014
i just saw a photo on facebook of somebody at wizardcon with the CHARACTER POSTER!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#666 Posted: 01:47:48 23/08/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
i just saw a photo on facebook of somebody at wizardcon with the CHARACTER POSTER!

Complete? With the question mark landers filled in?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#667 Posted: 01:49:07 23/08/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: ZapNorris

Complete? With the question mark landers filled in?

i'll check.
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#668 Posted: 04:00:45 23/08/2014
Can you post it?
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4187
#669 Posted: 04:24:25 23/08/2014
Quick question: Anyone else think there are 3 different types of Trappable Villains?

I see the normal generic minions (Chompy, etc), the unique villains, and the Doom Raiders.
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#670 Posted: 05:13:55 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Geo-Stelar
Quick question: Anyone else think there are 3 different types of Trappable Villains?

I see the normal generic minions (Chompy, etc), the unique villains, and the Doom Raiders.

I can see that, but I think the game is probably only officially recognizing two: Doom Raiders and everyone else.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#671 Posted: 11:22:40 23/08/2014

I can see that, but I think the game is probably only officially recognizing two: Doom Raiders and everyone else.

I think a lot of the villain's that aren't the Doom Raiders have regular versions of them that you'll fight in the game and the one's you capture are the "most wanted" versions of those villains. Maybe the only exception to that is Sheep Creep.
KoalaTart Green Sparx Gems: 449
#672 Posted: 14:24:29 23/08/2014
are you done checking yet
---
WARNING: TOP SECRET SKYLANDERS STUFF: WARNING
#673 Posted: 14:24:40 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator

I think a lot of the villain's that aren't the Doom Raiders have regular versions of them that you'll fight in the game and the one's you capture are the "most wanted" versions of those villains. Maybe the only exception to that is Sheep Creep.

Yeah I forgot that I saw scenes that look like Most Wanted villains bouncing around the levels. I only hope they don't put these regular versions in until AFTER you defeat the Most Wanted Villain. It's almost like the Most Wanted villain is simply a villain introduction. IMO it cheapens the gimmick when they did this.
---
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4187
#674 Posted: 15:28:05 23/08/2014

Yeah I forgot that I saw scenes that look like Most Wanted villains bouncing around the levels. I only hope they don't put these regular versions in until AFTER you defeat the Most Wanted Villain. It's almost like the Most Wanted villain is simply a villain introduction. IMO it cheapens the gimmick when they did this.

I feel like some villains don't have a generic version.
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:58 23/08/2014 by Geo-Stelar
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#675 Posted: 17:59:40 23/08/2014
Yeah, Pain-yatta is one that immediately comes to mind for me. I know we've only seen a couple of levels so far, but I can't really imagine seeing a generic version of him, yet he also isn't special enough to get to be a Doom Raider either.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#676 Posted: 18:01:10 23/08/2014
there is a legendary editions now... the milking never stops...

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:56 23/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#677 Posted: 21:20:12 23/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
there is a legendary editions now... the milking never stops...

[User Posted Image]

NO!!!! Another now ill have to get that one if its the only way to get them
---
"Taking Charge"
#678 Posted: 21:31:36 23/08/2014
If you look, those are just the normal figures. And it's Toys R Us Canada. Canada usually has boosted prices.

There is no legendary starter pack.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#679 Posted: 21:53:45 23/08/2014
Oh thanks smilie
---
"Taking Charge"
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#680 Posted: 23:33:53 23/08/2014
. . .

I like how confident you are with that statement - despite the evidence.

Hope you're right though.
#681 Posted: 23:45:34 23/08/2014
Quote: ShaneK
. . .

There is actually a lot of evidence that there isn't. Mainly the picture.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#682 Posted: 23:50:08 23/08/2014
Quote: ShaneK
. . .

There is actually a lot of evidence that there isn't. Mainly the picture.

Agreed, but no proof either way, although you said it like a fact.

I would say it's still open for debate but the topic has actually been closed . . .
#683 Posted: 00:12:32 24/08/2014
So according to a video, villain quests will unlock new areas that have collectibles in them, meaning you need every villain in order to 100% the game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#684 Posted: 01:00:44 24/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I can guarantee you that if TRU demands that the legendaries only get purchased as part of starter then they are going to have lots of sales this year.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#685 Posted: 07:29:01 24/08/2014
Just wanted to confirm from Wizard World that your old sidekicks ARE playable!

Photo proof:
[User Posted Image]
I just had to bring a sidekick to see if they worked, and Sonic Boom to quell my worries on how SF "broke" her babies.

I also got to chat up the rep there, I don't know if he worked for Activision or Game Truck but he seemed pretty knowledgeable. The booth was all about Skylanders, they weren't advertising Game Truck's services at all.

Take this with a grain of salt:
  • The rep said the Minis have path-switching. I'm personally skeptical of this considering that the Lightcores didn't.
  • I forgot to ask additional details on minis, such as if Sidekicks and Minis are identical/wow pows/how the green-based Sidekicks could have those features.
  • He isn't sure about compatibility/longetivity on previous adventure packs.
  • He mentioned a spinoff that Trap Team will lead into. I asked if it had to do with the "academy" trademark from a while back and he kind of gave an agreeing gesture.
  • It doesn't sound like they'll change their policy on patching the game after release any time soon.

My impressions from the demo:
  • Dialogue/cutscenes are skippable! Except for "terrain change" scenes such as when vine paths got created.
  • Chopper is adorable. This is old news, but this information is still important.
  • Sonic Boom's jump animation changed (which may mean the same for other characters). It's now a majestic sideways flip. It's not as jarring as Bash's backflip from SF.
  • Jumping during flight cancels the flight. In SF, the air types would jump and continue flying (while non-air would jump and land). Not a big deal, but this is different.
  • AI-controlled pets are back to normal! No more beelining past enemies to destroy crates like they have in SF.
  • Jumping and attacking feels so natural. It might be too soon to say that Trap Team has the definitive best gameplay, but it definitely feels like it.
  • Hats might be smaller, but I didn't take a pic to compare.
  • Some troll enemies wore eggshells (the level is bird-themed) on their head and body that worked like the enemy hats in Giants. I forgot if any in Giants wore that kind of removable armor on their body too. Maybe they're an enemy version of the "outfits" we've seen.
  • The villains were pre-trapped, so I didn't see the proper trapping scene. There was no prompt saying they were already caught. Hopefully this part gets changed for better clarity in the final game.
  • Chill Bill seems awkward to use as a standalone character unless you just want a quick swap to freeze enemies in place for your skylander. Using villains as quick support isn't tedious at all since it's a button press instead of physically moving something. Unless you have to switch traps.
  • I still don't get what makes the Trap Masters "unique" beyond opening gated content.
  • The traps (as physical objects) are well-designed. The chip inside doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. They aren't weighty, they're about keychain-size. Custom resin traps would be very neat!
  • My mom hasn't seen any of the new characters yet. When I opened the poster, the first one she noticed was Painyatta and said he's cute. I really want to know how TFB feels about the overwhelming desire to buy toys of certain villains that are just represented physically as intangible data inside traps.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#686 Posted: 07:50:14 24/08/2014
Did they buffed all the old skylanders in Trap Team (they're more powrful but I want to know if they're more quick,etc...) ?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:51:14 24/08/2014 by Buuzer
#687 Posted: 08:37:48 24/08/2014
Quote: Buuzer
Did they buffed all the old skylanders in Trap Team (they're more powrful but I want to know if they're more quick,etc...) ?

I don't have regular Ninjini so I can't compare her. She was the fastest of the ones I tried.
Sonic Boom did feel slower when flying compared to previous games, walking was fine.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#688 Posted: 08:44:21 24/08/2014
Did her babies get more powerful?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#689 Posted: 08:50:34 24/08/2014

they buff them?... that is strange, they usually nerf them so the new skylanders characters becomes better than the old. its a psychological trick to get you to buy the new.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#690 Posted: 08:58:44 24/08/2014
Did her babies get more powerful?

I don't remember the numbers, but since they actually pursue enemies, they're automatically better than they were in Swap Force.
They're still just as fragile and the soul gem's buzzing is just as annoying.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#691 Posted: 09:04:15 24/08/2014
here is a better pic of the new guys, what you guys think of them?....

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#692 Posted: 09:07:07 24/08/2014
also the first legendary have been discovered, if you guys here didnt see the pic....

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:08:40 24/08/2014 by CountMoneyBone
Epicscratch42 Green Sparx Gems: 328
#693 Posted: 10:12:05 24/08/2014
@CountMoneyBone Thanks! Those pics look awesome!
---
Tuff Luck and Scratch are the best Skylanders ever! smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#694 Posted: 10:23:38 24/08/2014
I noticed in the video in this topic //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=106961 created by ZapNorris that whenever a villain takes damage, it reduces the time that you can use them.

If you skip ahead to 10:20, note that the red timer symbol that appears instead of a damage value when Brawlrus gets hit. The timer loses a portion not in sync with normal decay, though it is negligible because I'm assuming the game was on Easy difficulty.

Edit: video included for convenience
---
Whip up a storm!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:25:36 24/08/2014 by Angry Rage Quit
Epicscratch42 Green Sparx Gems: 328
#695 Posted: 10:28:11 24/08/2014
I remember seeing that as well. It was in another video on here too, but I can't remember which one!
---
Tuff Luck and Scratch are the best Skylanders ever! smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#696 Posted: 10:39:27 24/08/2014
Looks like the hats fits better on the head of the characters. But they would have place the villains later in the levels, not straight to the beginning.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12833
#697 Posted: 10:55:51 24/08/2014
Quote: Okaps
Sonic Boom's jump animation changed (which may mean the same for other characters). It's now a majestic sideways flip. It's not as jarring as Bash's backflip from SF.

I think she does that flip in the 3DS games. I know that other Skylanders such as Whirlwind do as well.
#698 Posted: 11:39:03 24/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone

they buff them?... that is strange, they usually nerf them so the new skylanders characters becomes better than the old. its a psychological trick to get you to buy the new.

Our only evidence here is what VV did to the enemies. If TfB remains buff, that lends to what I was saying earlier: TfB is more kid friendly whereas VV makes their games more competitive. It could also signal that Activision listened to us and changed course.

To Okap's demo validation comments (thanks for confirming older minis work):

• I hope this "spinoff" isn't something other than the main series. Activision clearly communicated that they didn't want spinoff games.
  • No patching? Ok, I just can't wait for a show stopper. They'll be able to cancel their series on the spot without a plan b.
  • I 100% expect no previous adventure pack support. They've set the precedent. I have to ask the question why they should? To recode a level you've already played sounds very stupid.
  • The minis can only have path switching if they are calling these "series 2" and above, or that these have unique ids and the game code is treating them accordingly. Lightcores are a different animal altogether.
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 11:48:37 24/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#699 Posted: 13:54:14 25/08/2014
So have they explained the 3DS version at all? Does it except traps? Or will it function like SF did...
- Unreall
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#700 Posted: 14:31:04 25/08/2014
If you look, those are just the normal figures. And it's Toys R Us Canada. Canada usually has boosted prices.

I think the price will go down to $75 sometime next month. Swap Force was $85 in the summer but wasn't later on.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:30 25/08/2014 by Technos
First | Previous | Page 14 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me