darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 12 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#551 Posted: 07:28:39 18/08/2014

Also in German, though you can turn on English subtitles. Note...the subtitles...are...rather bad.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#552 Posted: 08:37:03 18/08/2014
Quote: min8or
sage ich dosen't sound very pleasant x.x

"Ha! HA, sage ich" = "HA! HA, I say" or "HA! HA, says I"
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#553 Posted: 09:17:00 18/08/2014
One of the important facts is that the time bar from the villains is like the health bar from the normal Skylanders. That means if the villain becomes damage the time bar drops.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:20:12 18/08/2014 by Jeriba
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#554 Posted: 10:25:19 18/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Havent seen these images posted on here yet. Apologizes if I missed it.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

hilarious smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#555 Posted: 10:30:24 18/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: min8or
sage ich dosen't sound very pleasant x.x

"Ha! HA, sage ich" = "HA! HA, I say" or "HA! HA, says I"

i know i am not funny, you don't have to rub it in though smilie smilie
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#556 Posted: 13:20:59 18/08/2014
Anyone else find it odd that he didn't get to trap Chef Pepper Jack even when he was knocked out?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#557 Posted: 14:34:53 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
It's demo software...probably to prevent someone from playing as the villain.

Quote: Jeriba
One of the important facts is that the time bar from the villains is like the health bar from the normal Skylanders. That means if the villain becomes damage the time bar drops.

I'm very happy for this, because it was looking like they were basically invulnerable. I wonder if a villain would need to "rest" if a KO happened and not a time out?

Please solicit this young man for the Trap Team review LOL.

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:25:52 18/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#558 Posted: 15:49:33 18/08/2014
What a budding young serial killer in the making.... I mean Fricken' Fricken' Fricken Fricks
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:16 18/08/2014 by GothamLord
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#559 Posted: 15:59:36 18/08/2014
Fricklanders: Frick Team
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#560 Posted: 16:10:35 18/08/2014
Fricklanders: Frickin' Adventure
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#561 Posted: 16:10:37 18/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I'm very happy for this, because it was looking like they were basically invulnerable. I wonder if a villain would need to "rest" if a KO happened and not a time out?

its good to see a honest game review for once, this kid know his stuff. im looking forward to the trap team review now for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#562 Posted: 16:51:44 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Did he know his stuff? I mean between all of the frickin fricks I couldn't get most of his points...other than he's a Spyro loyalist.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#563 Posted: 17:29:47 18/08/2014
I loved how Activision has ruined his childhood. Kid probably wasnt even outta diapers when the Spyro franchise started.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8332
#564 Posted: 17:39:44 18/08/2014
The playable villains IS THE GAME CHANGER!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#565 Posted: 17:40:58 18/08/2014
Fricklanders: Frick Force

Fricklanders: Frick Alliance
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#566 Posted: 17:44:02 18/08/2014
I still find it strange that on the trap master packaging is says "Ultimate Trappers" and then they aren't needed to trap villains. Trapping must not be tough if literally ANYONE can do it smilie It's like being the masters of walking smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#567 Posted: 18:52:51 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Got a point; I'd almost have rather they FORCED a Trap Master purchase for that; ie if you defeated the character and a Trap Master WASN'T on the portal you wouldn't be able to trap him. Imagine the outrage from parents though.
---
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#568 Posted: 21:30:27 18/08/2014

This video gave me a bigger migraine than the one that I got from watching Fanboy and Chumchum
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#569 Posted: 21:35:20 18/08/2014
Got a point; I'd almost have rather they FORCED a Trap Master purchase for that; ie if you defeated the character and a Trap Master WASN'T on the portal you wouldn't be able to trap him. Imagine the outrage from parents though.

*cough* *cough* Snap Shot *cough*
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#570 Posted: 22:00:01 18/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

its good to see a honest game review for once, this kid know his stuff. im looking forward to the trap team review now for sure.

There are plenty of "honest" game reviews around if you look at places other than the Fan sites and their videos.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#571 Posted: 22:03:49 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ExcitonKnight
This video gave me a bigger migraine than the one that I got from watching Fanboy and Chumchum

"This game is going to get served! 0 out of 10 stars, you fricks!"
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#572 Posted: 23:13:56 18/08/2014
I made a video for the overrated game.

Noobs I made the post first.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=106693
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:56 18/08/2014 by somePerson
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#573 Posted: 00:21:41 19/08/2014

My IQ dropped 10 points from watching that video. When he talked about what made the spyro series good, he named the exact stuff that skylanders had. cartoonish fun characters, spyro being a dragon (LOL), a mix of fighting and exploration, etc. Also, not only does he still not see that these are not games starring spyro, but he probably never even played a classic spyro game when they were out! ...I wonder if they'd still have skylanders if I moved to mars...
#574 Posted: 05:27:53 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
For your convenience: Trap Team Countdown (US)

http://www.timeanddate.com/cou...nders+Trap+Team
---
#575 Posted: 04:00:41 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Ironically, I think the announcement of the tablet version may put a dent into console sales. Since Activision thought sales of Swap Force was due to "consumer indecision" I guess they felt compelled to release it on a tablet to chase after any dollars that were "on the fence". Will be interesting to see if they finally make a huge dent in the Wii sales this year.
---
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#576 Posted: 04:04:37 20/08/2014
I'm predicting that the final 4 '?' Skylanders will be S4 Spyro, S4 Trigger Happy and a new core for both Earth and Undead. They've stated previously that they will have 16 Trap Masters and 18 New Cores. Therefore it only seems logical to have 2 more reposes, and seeing as Spyro, Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt were the first 3 characters revealed to kick off the franchise it seems they would be the perfect candidates.
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#577 Posted: 04:05:49 20/08/2014
So maybe I'm missing something...but what exactly is the gimmick with the Trap Masters that makes them more expensive? Giants were just that, Giants with light-up features. Swappers could swap. What do the Trap Masters do?
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#578 Posted: 04:19:10 20/08/2014
Quote: TOlofter
So maybe I'm missing something...but what exactly is the gimmick with the Trap Masters that makes them more expensive? Giants were just that, Giants with light-up features. Swappers could swap. What do the Trap Masters do?

See. That's my problem too. You'd think the obvious thing to have done would be 1) leave elemental gates as they were. 2) still have regular traptanium clusters for all trap masters to break. And 3) the real gimmick of the trap masters, that you could only trap a villain in the respective elemental trap while using a trap master of that same element. You can use the villain any time after that, but to trap them you need both the right element trap, and the element trap master. That's how it would make sense, to me at least. Because in all honesty they aren't all that special and now the elemental gets have been screwed up.
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#579 Posted: 04:23:20 20/08/2014
The only other thing they have going for them is they have additional strength against villains.
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#580 Posted: 10:01:07 20/08/2014
I had a thought about the speculated I think the new elements if there are any maybe villain and hero. It's just a thought of mine.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#581 Posted: 10:42:06 20/08/2014
Ironically, I think the announcement of the tablet version may put a dent into console sales. Since Activision thought sales of Swap Force was due to "consumer indecision" I guess they felt compelled to release it on a tablet to chase after any dollars that were "on the fence". Will be interesting to see if they finally make a huge dent in the Wii sales this year.

Yes, surely some will opt for the tablet version instead of console version. There will also be a handful that will only buy the game because there's tablet version, and quite a bit more that will buy both console and table versions, or maybe even multiple tablet versions for their multiple kids. So I agree that the table is chasing after the dollars.

I don't think that's the only reason though. They said sales were down due to console indecision, but more likely due to losing customers to DI. The table version is also suppose to help give them a competitive advantage over DI. No doubt that the tablet version was released so late so DI would have no time to copy them this cycle.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#582 Posted: 11:28:22 20/08/2014

I can't finish his first rant because of how unfair and cruel it is. A second one is now out. I'm sooooo excited.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#583 Posted: 11:29:38 20/08/2014
I really wish the figures had LEDs in their weapons that only lit up along with the in-game counterpart, due to trappable villains being nearby. To me, that (plus the current size) would be enough to justify the price of the physical toy. I'd really love that as a feature.

As for in-game functionality, I think trap masters should be required to trap a villain (and even send them to the villain vault). I'm personally going to use trap masters of the same element as the villain to trap them because of this, and if I don't have a trap master of the same element, I'm not putting it in a trap. The traps themselves are fine the way they are - containers for playable villains.

Elemental gates should be as in previous games, but I wouldn't have a problem with additional non-elemental (or multi-elemental that only require one of the elements to unlock) traptanium gates, similar to dual-element gates. These areas should have "trap masters are stronger in this zone" with the trap master symbol, similar to villain zones as seen in gameplay videos.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#584 Posted: 13:53:34 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: melvimbe
]I don't think that's the only reason though. They said sales were down due to console indecision, but more likely due to losing customers to DI. The table version is also suppose to help give them a competitive advantage over DI. No doubt that the tablet version was released so late so DI would have no time to copy them this cycle.

What was the comporable strength of DI 1.0 versus SF that would confirm that? I guess we'll find out when we can start comparing 2.0 vs 1.0 sales along with Skylanders, but your premise sounds solid to me. All I know is if #5 is some new confounded plastic and something cheesy like a speaker then Activision can hang this up on this entry. Double whammy hit on both neither gameplay innovation and toy innovation is going to be a major kick in the nads.
---
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#585 Posted: 14:17:25 20/08/2014
Quote: Zylek
I still find it strange that on the trap master packaging is says "Ultimate Trappers" and then they aren't needed to trap villains. Trapping must not be tough if literally ANYONE can do it smilie It's like being the masters of walking smilie

[User Posted Image]

It probably has something to do about the damage boost against villains due to the Traptanium Weapons.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#586 Posted: 14:19:46 20/08/2014
]I don't think that's the only reason though. They said sales were down due to console indecision, but more likely due to losing customers to DI. The table version is also suppose to help give them a competitive advantage over DI. No doubt that the tablet version was released so late so DI would have no time to copy them this cycle.

What was the comporable strength of DI 1.0 versus SF that would confirm that? I guess we'll find out when we can start comparing 2.0 vs 1.0 sales along with Skylanders, but your premise sounds solid to me. All I know is if #5 is some new confounded plastic and something cheesy like a speaker then Activision can hang this up on this entry. Double whammy hit on both neither gameplay innovation and toy innovation is going to be a major kick in the nads.

Could someone please tell me where is the innovation in DI 2.0, beside character upgrading, because I continue to fail to see it...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#587 Posted: 14:23:34 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylanderkids
It probably has something to do about the damage boost against villains due to the Traptanium Weapons.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, because I saw Trigger Snappy take out a villain just as snappy as a trap master. Let's face it: it's an arbitrary cost in crease because the figure is larger and comes in a bigger box. Compare a trap master to a swap force character tech wise: it's no comparison.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:24:28 20/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#588 Posted: 14:24:23 20/08/2014
Quote: Drek95

Could someone please tell me where is the innovation in DI 2.0, beside character upgrading, because I continue to fail to see it...

The innovation is Marvel characters.

The game seriously looks worse than the already mediocre first game, mostly because it looks like there's even less content in it. At least Skylanders is doing something with the Toys with Brains concept, Disney Infinity is just using figures because they want to make money. Honestly, Disney Infinity isn't the biggest competition for Skylanders right now. The biggest competition is Amiibo, because people are gonna buy those up in a heartbeat.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:00 20/08/2014 by Bionichute
#589 Posted: 14:25:15 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I could say the same for Trap Team...seriously: a speaker? Get your heads out of something. There's much more involved to DI 2.0 from 1.0 that I've seen from SF to TT. But this isn't a comparison thread.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:27:37 20/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#590 Posted: 14:28:21 20/08/2014
I could say the same for Trap Team...seriously: a speaker? Get your heads out of something. There's much more involved to DI 2.0 from 1.0 that I've seen from SF to TT.

So three levels and a skill tree is innovation? The Traps at least do something interesting.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#591 Posted: 14:38:34 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
I could say the same for Trap Team...seriously: a speaker? Get your heads out of something. There's much more involved to DI 2.0 from 1.0 that I've seen from SF to TT.

So three levels and a skill tree is innovation? The Traps at least do something interesting.

Technically, it's just another storage device albeit not a pretty one. The implementation is mildly entertaining, but there's no personality to a bland piece of plastic. The upgrade trees are much more involved than skylanders, and there's other features (many fan requested) that made it in the game. I think there's a knock em up smack down thread somewhere where this type of discussion could be had. I'll do it once I get my hands on both games in the other section of these boards later this year. Sufficce to say, for me personally, fans are getting more of what they wanted in DI than Skylanders. I however like the Skylanders gaming experience better but this could change with no change within the game to keep me going. Ultimately, the gimmick means nothing and the features mean nothing if the gameplay is meh.

So with you, a checklist of features looks nice...proof will be in the experience.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:41:27 20/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#592 Posted: 16:00:26 20/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
I really wish the figures had LEDs in their weapons that only lit up along with the in-game counterpart, due to trappable villains being nearby. To me, that (plus the current size) would be enough to justify the price of the physical toy. I'd really love that as a feature.

^ This. Those clear weapons seem made for lightcore! It make sense that swappers didn't need a lightup gimmick, but the Giants had it, so why not the trap masters! It would be pretty cool if they lit up near the villains for sure - like Orc swords in LotR smilie
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#593 Posted: 16:45:17 20/08/2014

Troll much? 3 levels? Even if you never went into the toy box to create anything, the playsets, game discs and WEEKLY 5 free toy box downloads creates probably 20 times more content. But ignorance is bliss...
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:50:41 20/08/2014 by Zylek
#594 Posted: 16:57:09 20/08/2014
Quote: Zylek

Troll much? 3 levels? Even if you never went into the toy box to create anything, the playsets, game discs and WEEKLY 5 free toy box downloads creates probably 20 times more content. But ignorance is bliss...

If you're like me and don't like using online stuff, there's really nothing there for me, and only having 3 new playsets is really dang weak.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:21 20/08/2014 by Bionichute
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#595 Posted: 17:04:50 20/08/2014
I could say the same for Trap Team...seriously: a speaker? Get your heads out of something. There's much more involved to DI 2.0 from 1.0 that I've seen from SF to TT. But this isn't a comparison thread.

You are right, this isn't a comparison thread, but the possibility to trap villains after they have been defeated, and a system of quests to upgrade them is undubtfully more innovative than a bunch of characters from a different franchise, and an upgrading system we have since Spyro's Adventure...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#596 Posted: 17:05:35 20/08/2014
@ Bionichute Then DI is not the game for you. It was always focused on the snadbox side of the game. That does not make it bad at what it's trying to do.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...&page=1#5258304
#597 Posted: 17:47:18 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95

You are right, this isn't a comparison thread, but the possibility to trap villains after they have been defeated, and a system of quests to upgrade them is undubtfully more innovative than a bunch of characters from a different franchise, and an upgrading system we have since Spyro's Adventure...

Depending on what you want out of your game, the argument can be made--on either side.

As to the upgrade tree...look at this. It does look way more involved than the paths we have in skylanders...although it may also just be attribute adjustments and pretty window dressing as enhancements could historically also be done with hats and quests. Dunno.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:50:00 20/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8332
#598 Posted: 17:59:13 20/08/2014
Skylanders Trap Team over view. Has gameplay of Blades.

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#599 Posted: 18:41:27 20/08/2014
Game play for Blades looks interesting but definitely still need to see more.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#600 Posted: 22:02:05 20/08/2014
I am still holding out hope that some way, somehow, we will get a Kaos figure. Be it actual playable or figure representing a playset or something of the sort. As long as its a figure of Kaos to add to the display, I do not care what it does in-game.
First | Previous | Page 12 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me