darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 10 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#451 Posted: 14:27:58 08/09/2015
This is the first Skylanders game that I'm exited just for the story.
And the Darkness looks very good. It's good that they are trying to create more dangerous bosses.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:32 08/09/2015 by Crash10
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#452 Posted: 15:42:33 08/09/2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=77&v=N8WP1XCdFOs

Is it me or does Mags sounds like yet another new voice?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10294
#453 Posted: 15:59:29 08/09/2015
Anything better than what she had. The accent can be done right but Mags was not an example of that - I was almost expecting the VA to choke while saying words with 'h' noises.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#454 Posted: 17:18:06 08/09/2015
Wrong or right---I loathe swap outs of voices. Mags was kinda huge as it was integral to the stories in Trap Team. Brock I can deal with. Irritating.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:17 08/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#455 Posted: 17:37:10 08/09/2015
She doesn't sound any different to me.
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#456 Posted: 18:07:03 08/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute
I can't believe that the 3DS, a handheld console released in 2011, doesn't match up to graphics on home consoles with superior hardware.

Shut up.

Was kinda talking about the wii version. It never used to be so bad, graphics wise. Now it is hard to look at.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#457 Posted: 18:40:38 08/09/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

We've got some full footage of Chapter 29 now

Woah Chapter 29? How long is this game chapter wise? (I haven't followed Superchargers much at all sorry if this has been answered already)
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#458 Posted: 18:42:09 08/09/2015
I can't believe that the 3DS, a handheld console released in 2011, doesn't match up to graphics on home consoles with superior hardware.

Shut up.

Please stop with the aggressive comments.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#459 Posted: 18:47:49 08/09/2015
Quote: flashwingftw
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

We've got some full footage of Chapter 29 now

Woah Chapter 29? How long is this game chapter wise? (I haven't followed Superchargers much at all sorry if this has been answered already)

There are 13 levels in the game, but they're super long; I heard they are even longer than Swap Force but that may be unconfirmed (can anyone confirm?). The CHAPTERS take place within these gargantuan levels and serve as checkpoints so you can pick up at whatever chapter you left off at.
#460 Posted: 18:50:17 08/09/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Wrong or right---I loathe swap outs of voices. Mags was kinda huge as it was integral to the stories in Trap Team. Brock I can deal with. Irritating.

Troy Baker was still voicing Brock in both appearances,he just changed the tone.
But now that I managed to hear it at a nice volume, Mags is still the same VA, she's just speaking quietly. Which is pretty darn welcome for me.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#461 Posted: 19:00:20 08/09/2015
So...

Pandergast appears in both console AND 3DS, but as the main villain in the 3DS villain.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#462 Posted: 19:15:51 08/09/2015
Was just thinking, will you be able to play online with ramdon players or only with your friends? I just saw the latest skylanders academy vi posted on the news feed and it kind of implies you'll only be able to connect with friends.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#463 Posted: 19:22:56 08/09/2015
Quote: angelg
Was just thinking, will you be able to play online with ramdon players or only with your friends? I just saw the latest skylanders academy vi posted on the news feed and it kind of implies you'll only be able to connect with friends.

I think it was stated that you can play co-op in the normal game only with friends, but online racing is with anyone.
---
Dead
#464 Posted: 19:23:23 08/09/2015
Quote: angelg

Co-op and Voice Chat, friends only.
Random matchmaking,anyone.

Lobby is probably friends only too, or the voice chat restriction would be for naught.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:26:37 08/09/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#465 Posted: 19:26:18 08/09/2015
Whoa whoa whoa....

Pandergast is the villain in the 3DS version!?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#466 Posted: 19:31:03 08/09/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Whoa whoa whoa....

Pandergast is the villain in the 3DS version!?

Didn't you look at the updated high quality version of the 3DS/Wii SuperChargers trailer?

They said Pandergast's name.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:16 08/09/2015 by Aura24
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#467 Posted: 19:44:03 08/09/2015
It's not actually directly said that
Pandergast
is the main villain of the 3DS version,but it's implied.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#468 Posted: 19:51:17 08/09/2015
Wait I noticed something in the Academy video! Not sure if it should be spoiled so I'll spoiler it just in case

The academy doors are opened! So that means at least around Chapter... Imma say maybe by Chapter 5, It will be opened, So maybe after Battlebrawl Island.
---
#469 Posted: 19:51:42 08/09/2015
With a trailer like that? As I said,it's almost the stock racing spinoff plot by now for the genre.

Sooo, I got spoiled by the Skystones achievement, and though I'm glad it was just the final boss' face and not the plot twist, I kinda felt like doing fanart before the time. Keep in mind this is not going to my dA because the reference is super minimal, and it was just a practice acryllics painting I did today during class. I'll probably do a proper one once the game is out.

And before anyone asks,no, I'm not opening a single spoiler around here. Already stopped checking the tumblr tag, the google image today filter,and soon enough the extended wiki changes since something might show up among the protected page/photo upload reports. Yes, it's two weeks in advance, but more than ever I want this to be at least 90% blind.
---
#470 Posted: 19:54:59 08/09/2015
Wait thats what the boss looks like? I thought he looked like the image from the Achievements.

Hey does anyone see the Hektore resemblance?
---
#471 Posted: 19:56:21 08/09/2015
I'm just doing my interpretation from that Skystones achievement,it's probably wrong - I remember my first sketch of Golden Queen was super innacurate when we just had the poster picture. The guy on the upper left for those who saw it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:41 08/09/2015 by Bifrost
#472 Posted: 19:59:16 08/09/2015
Oh yeah I see now.

I had a crazy theory! SPOILERSSSS

So the Darkness does not look like that in the achievement picture, So what if he takes the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction and makes it like, His armor? And I still wonder if we fight Kaos cause that is clearly not Kaos. Yeah but thats just a thought.

Oh and also

Darkness is a Dark Element. Lol makes sense smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:01 08/09/2015 by Luminous35
#473 Posted: 20:11:36 08/09/2015
Seeing as The Darkness tried to consume the Dark-elemental Midnight Museum in the 3DS version of Trap Team, I doubt it.
---
#474 Posted: 20:14:36 08/09/2015
You doubt what? Like, My theory? And the boss of this game was in Trap Team? What? I'm so confused
---
#475 Posted: 20:16:30 08/09/2015
Your theory on The Darkness having the Dark element.
---
#476 Posted: 20:17:31 08/09/2015
The Darkness has been around since SSA, Luminous.

-------
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#477 Posted: 20:26:08 08/09/2015
I know The Darkness has been around since SSA. I was just really confused about like you know... Actually HIMSELF in the 3DS Version.

Now that I read what the Midnight Museum was like in Trap Team, I know what your talking about.

But the Dark Element for the Darkness was not a theory.

On his Skystone it showed he had the Dark Element
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#478 Posted: 20:29:16 08/09/2015
Quote: Fizzle
Just to warn you guys the ARE SPOILERS IN THAT VIDEO! Mostly story related:

They are looking for the "Eye of the Ancients" and reconstructing the Core of Light again for whatever reason. Doesn't seem like we are looking for the same pieces this time though. Pandergast from 3ds version is also shown to make an appearance in the storyline, now

Maybe they are trying to revamp it? Build it from the ground up to upgrade it? Or maybe the Core of Light wasn't completely restored in SA, and was barely operational, and we need these components to make it fully operational.

Calling it now:
Eternal Light Source and Eternal Dark Source
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#479 Posted: 20:29:31 08/09/2015
Also it confirms that Flynn is an Air element and Cali is a Fire element.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#480 Posted: 20:34:19 08/09/2015

Fire? Considering she visits deserts in her spare time and uses a pickaxe you'd think she was Earth.

Luminous, here's the 3DS version of Midnight Museum from and LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...fWlxoovBc#t=106
The Darkness shows up there as the SSA version of noxious black clouds.

HOWEVER,the canon in TT3DS might be kinda messy. They show the Eternal Achives differently from how it was described in the books(or at least I don't recall them ever mentioning the talking book gates),the warrior librarians are different,and in Mirror of Mystery,Evilon is implied to be just Eon brainwashed for some reason. Take it with a grain of salt.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:06 08/09/2015 by Bifrost
#481 Posted: 20:38:55 08/09/2015
That's what the Skystones say, Bifrost, not something I came up with. Hugo is probably Earth, honestly.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#482 Posted: 20:40:06 08/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Fire? Considering she visits deserts in her spare time and uses a pickaxe you'd think she was Earth.

Luminous, here's the 3DS version of Midnight Museum from and LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...fWlxoovBc#t=106

HOWEVER,the canon in TT3DS might be kinda messy. They show the Eternal Achives differently from how it was described in the books(or at least I don't recall them ever mentioning the talking book gates),the warrior librarians are different,and in Mirror of Mystery,Evilon is implied to be just Eon brainwashed for some reason. Take it with a grain of salt.

Well the Eternal Archives are HUGE, so I would doubt they''d go over everything. TT3DS was likely in an entirely different location in the EA then where the books took place.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#483 Posted: 20:43:34 08/09/2015
No, HotDog, the hubworld in the 3DS version of Trap Team is the same Eternal Archives, but with a design different than the one seen in the novels.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:47:46 08/09/2015 by Aura24
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#484 Posted: 20:45:06 08/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
No, HotDog, the hubworld in the 3DS version of Trap Team is the same Eternal Archives, but with a design different than the one seen in the novels.

Ah really? The only thing I can think of is that it was renovated then...
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#485 Posted: 21:03:19 08/09/2015
That's what the Skystones say, Bifrost, not something I came up with. Hugo is probably Earth, honestly.

Hugo should be Magic in my opinion since he technically is a Portal Master apprentice.
Not going to ask how you find out about those Skystones (probably from the Academy footage), don't want to know.

Anyway I was thinking about the featureless vehicles (Sea Shadow, Splatter Splasher, Soda Skimmer, most likely Sun Runner and maybe a couple other); what if they have a Lightcore function in them?
They all have trasparent parts which could easily light up (Sea Shadow's front light could also work) and that alone would easily justify a price bump.

Do we know anything about that?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:41 08/09/2015 by Drek95
#486 Posted: 21:21:25 08/09/2015
I think Sea Shadow was shown in the portal at some point, I don't think it did anything sadly :I But it'd be nice if the front of it had LC or something.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#487 Posted: 21:57:26 08/09/2015
Yeah... I mean... Yellow leds for Sea Shadow and Sun Runner and pink/blue ones for Splatter Splasher and Soda Skimmer.

Shouldn't be too expensive (*cough*15$*coff*) and would at least give them something.
I think Clown Cruiser also doesn't have any special feature.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#488 Posted: 22:32:13 08/09/2015
I'm probably not gonna check replies and I avoided checking anything since my last post, but I watched the footage of that level and TBH I'm kinda disappointed.

The dialogue reminds you about the size mechanics way too often and blatantly, most of it was just unnessicary and felt like filler.

I like the enemy you can jump on, because it seems like an interesting gimmick to use an enemy for movement like that, but it looks like there's not much on-foot combat at all.

And oh my god the vehicle segments. The more I see of these the more I dislike them. I like the online Land races but vehicles look boring as hell to me ingame and just seem to break the pace.

Land ones are mostly just driving forward and the "puzzle" parts (pushing objects into spots, but there don't really seem to be obstacles or anything you need to figure out to do that) look boring. The boss looks nice, lot of obstacles there, though nothing particularly inventive either.

Sky Zone doesn't seem to have any major flaws but also looks unspectacular. I hope they don't design a bunch of the Sky/Sea bosses the same way because that Sea boss in Cloud Kingdom kinda looked to have a similar "kill the guys protecting it before you can hurt it" gimmick.

Also, this isn't a major issue but that Supercharger Gate looks pretty small. Might just be the one they went to but the one in Cloud Kingdom seemed pretty brief too.

Mnyeh :/
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#489 Posted: 22:38:51 08/09/2015
With a trailer like that? As I said,it's almost the stock racing spinoff plot by now for the genre.

Sooo, I got spoiled by the Skystones achievement, and though I'm glad it was just the final boss' face and not the plot twist, I kinda felt like doing fanart before the time. Keep in mind this is not going to my dA because the reference is super minimal, and it was just a practice acryllics painting I did today during class. I'll probably do a proper one once the game is out.

And before anyone asks,no, I'm not opening a single spoiler around here. Already stopped checking the tumblr tag, the google image today filter,and soon enough the extended wiki changes since something might show up among the protected page/photo upload reports. Yes, it's two weeks in advance, but more than ever I want this to be at least 90% blind.

Where has it been said there will be a plot twist?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#490 Posted: 22:41:12 08/09/2015
Several articles. From a recent one that the game's writer,David Rodriguez,tweeted:

Quote:
We were shown some of the cutscenes from the final game and suffice it to say that SuperChargers will have an emotional weight and character-driven story never before seen in the series, and it looks amazing. One scene we were shown in particular comes to mind, as it was easy to tell the hardcore fans from the casual ones by whether or not they teared up while watching it play out. I can't ruin it for you here, but this particular scene had me going for the tissues. Pretty impressive for a 'kids game,' right?

If it depends on having played the series for some time, it's a twist for sure.
---
#491 Posted: 22:42:27 08/09/2015
Oh god... Not another Machine Ghost! I don't know if I can deal with that again! This time it might be worst! Ugh! This game will amazing!
---
#492 Posted: 22:53:06 08/09/2015
Machine Ghost was played way too safe to be fair. They went for the new NPC(keeping status quo), non-organic,and that could come back by simply saying he got fixed and rebooted.

Again,if it's going to affect something existing, I doubt it'll be this tame. Either way hype.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:55:52 08/09/2015 by Bifrost
#493 Posted: 23:47:07 08/09/2015
Quote: Aura24

Aura, he didn't say they were DIFFERENT eternal archives, he said they were different PARTS of the Eternal Archives... He could've worded it better, but...

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Well the Eternal Archives are HUGE, so I would doubt they''d go over everything. TT3DS was likely in an entirely different location in the EA than where the books took place.

Let me paraphrase it a bit
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Well the Eternal Archives are HUGE, so I would doubt they'd let you explore everything. TT3DS was likely in a different section of the Eternal Archives than where the books took place.

And he could be right...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#494 Posted: 23:50:11 08/09/2015
The game visbly shows entrance, main lobby, and possibly the reading room repurposed into the collection place. At least two of those were shown prominently in Mask of Power. The talking books are still an issue as well, since they're supposedly the only way into the other sections yet no one mentioned them in the books.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#495 Posted: 00:01:34 09/09/2015
Who wants to bet upcoming guest stars would focus on franchises like
Sky6-Kirby
Sky7-Star Fox
Sky8-Metroid
Sky9: Pikmin
Sky10:Mario again.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#496 Posted: 00:14:59 09/09/2015
With pikmin 4 coming up soon, i'd be okay with Olimar and Fox as the next guest stars. olimar is't exactly humanish (he's not human at all, but has tan skin? i don't know, only ever played the demo for pikmin 3.)

Olimar- Magic (he could use the pikmin to attack, and since pikmin cover fire, water, light, earth, and air... he'd definitely be magic.)
Fox- Air (could blast enemies, call in airstrikes, and rush forward in a mini jet.)
#497 Posted: 00:16:32 09/09/2015
The game visbly shows entrance, main lobby, and possibly the reading room repurposed into the collection place. At least two of those were shown prominently in Mask of Power. The talking books are still an issue as well, since they're supposedly the only way into the other sections yet no one mentioned them in the books.

Since I've never played or read either, I wouldn't know. I was assuming no talking books at all was the reason they couldn't be the same place, because a magical library NEEDS to have its more... magical titles possessing sentience, it could be the "living books" section...
And one could chalk up their NECESSITY to gameplay and story segregation
And, of course, I'm assuming that The Mask of Power is a children's book, and it's not necessarily showing everything on the way to their destination, in fact, it probably isn't, considering it shows only a few STILL frames... Even if it does, considering it's a magical library, the lobby could send you to the section you're looking for...
---
#498 Posted: 00:19:00 09/09/2015
How bouts this: Trap Team 3DS isn't canon.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#499 Posted: 00:28:23 09/09/2015
How bouts this: Trap Team 3DS isn't canon.

Possible. The Realm of Dreams is confirmed as canon in Dreamcatcher's backstory,but waaay to many things either cause conflict or are too overpowered. The Bells of Waking are an obvious example - it'll lift any curse on skylands? Why didn't someone with a relative from Monster Marsh didn't learn of the decision curse, call the sages, and get that fixed? They can't be affected by the curse when they're not on the swamp, and Marsha is proof that you can ignore the effects if you stop believing in them.
There's also Wiggleworth being completely useless except for exposition,that defeats the purpose of warrior librarians.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:10 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#500 Posted: 00:43:40 09/09/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
With pikmin 4 coming up soon, i'd be okay with Olimar and Fox as the next guest stars. olimar is't exactly humanish (he's not human at all, but has tan skin? i don't know, only ever played the demo for pikmin 3.)

Olimar- Magic (he could use the pikmin to attack, and since pikmin cover fire, water, light, earth, and air... he'd definitely be magic.)
Fox- Air (could blast enemies, call in airstrikes, and rush forward in a mini jet.)

Going to bank on Kirby being next.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
First | Previous | Page 10 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me