darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
First | Previous | Page 10 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#451 Posted: 17:10:24 14/08/2014
"Game changing" it is, look at the tablet edition.
The traps are a gimmick. The full console game on a tablet? That is the game changer.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#452 Posted: 17:15:10 14/08/2014
Lego has already had full console games on a tablet before so it's harding a "game changer" as the game has already been changed smilie
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#453 Posted: 17:17:02 14/08/2014
i really hope all you negative nancys do buy infinity and go to their boards. That way the people who enjoy and game and dont feel entitled like you guys do, don't have to listen to you whine and cry. Please just go away.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#454 Posted: 17:17:16 14/08/2014
Quote: Zylek
Lego has already had full console games on a tablet before so it's harding a "game changer" as the game has already been changed smilie

But did those come with rad controllers?! I think not!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#455 Posted: 17:18:05 14/08/2014

No they aren't first to party, not by a long shot, but it looks like a DANG good job. I'm so impressed that I want to get the tablet version to go WITH the XBOne version, but since it comes with the SAME figures, I'm not too sure about it.
- Unreall
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#456 Posted: 17:18:31 14/08/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
The traps are a gimmick. The full console game on a tablet? That is the game changer.

Mmmmh... More like "platform changer", since the game is the same. And that is, to me, a good thing.
It's a really cool idea, and well made to, but still, it isn't mind blowing.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#457 Posted: 17:20:52 14/08/2014
Actually, the real game changer is the touch screen features on the Wii U version.

You can interact with the villains! It's adorable!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Alexanddan Blue Sparx Gems: 615
#458 Posted: 18:09:42 14/08/2014
I've preordered the dark edition for PS3. I might buy the tablet version, get the normal characters, but not have an duplicate portal to deal with, and get all the benefits of being able to play the full game on a tablet.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#459 Posted: 18:24:26 14/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Angry Rage Quit
Quote: nocturnalnathan
I'm still a little confused about the Minis... I get that they can do everything a core can do, but are there any features exclusive to the Minis? Like accessing Mini-only areas, or something like that?

Hopefully not. Past the puppy dog eyes, they're just smaller wire frames of larger characters that a good percentage of us probably have in a full sized form.
I hope there's not an area only sidekicks can access. If there is, it best not be elementally aligned too. Versions of figures I already have that play no differently? No thanks.
"...Smaller and harder to hit..." <- oh please, Lou Studdert. I doubt the hitbox is any different. You've already showcased that it isn't when outputting attacks.

i laughed hard when he said look their so cute and Smaller and harder to hit. these minis are useless thats what they are..

That's a bit harsh, but I do say that innovation has gone out the door after seeing these minis and elite figures coming out...re-hashing figures with no new attack moves is pretty low and a clear sign that they have run out of ideas...they're going for a cash grab with this game and may put out one more game next year depending on how sales go with Trap Team. Activision knows their golden goose will stop laying eggs sooner rather than later...then it's onto their next project leaving Skylanders in the dust.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10139
#460 Posted: 18:27:40 14/08/2014
Yeah, now let's parrot that 500 times because we haven't heard that for the last months.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#461 Posted: 18:38:54 14/08/2014
Quote: Bionichute
Actually, the real game changer is the touch screen features on the Wii U version.

You can interact with the villains! It's adorable!

yeah that looks very neat indeed, why dont we hear more about that??....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#462 Posted: 18:45:28 14/08/2014
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Angry Rage Quit

Hopefully not. Past the puppy dog eyes, they're just smaller wire frames of larger characters that a good percentage of us probably have in a full sized form.
I hope there's not an area only sidekicks can access. If there is, it best not be elementally aligned too. Versions of figures I already have that play no differently? No thanks.
"...Smaller and harder to hit..." <- oh please, Lou Studdert. I doubt the hitbox is any different. You've already showcased that it isn't when outputting attacks.

i laughed hard when he said look their so cute and Smaller and harder to hit. these minis are useless thats what they are..

That's a bit harsh, but I do say that innovation has gone out the door after seeing these minis and elite figures coming out...re-hashing figures with no new attack moves is pretty low and a clear sign that they have run out of ideas...they're going for a cash grab with this game and may put out one more game next year depending on how sales go with Trap Team. Activision knows their golden goose will stop laying eggs sooner rather than later...then it's onto their next project leaving Skylanders in the dust.

that is what i feel too, by the look of things activision is killing of the golden goose. dropping a new s4 spyro is the sign of things to come i think... also everyone talk about a game changer but no one knows exact what that is. there is so much confusion and the lack of info dont help either.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#463 Posted: 18:46:02 14/08/2014

Let's Play Trap Team "Rainfish Riviera"
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#464 Posted: 18:51:31 14/08/2014
Hmm...Mags sounds like shes voiced by Ashleigh Ball. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#465 Posted: 18:53:47 14/08/2014
Wow. Andy said that was the PS4 version of the game? If that's the PS4 version, why do the graphics look downgraded from Swap Force? The leaves look flat. When the Leviathan went back underwater, the splash looked flat.

I kept having my idea that this game is inferior looking to Swap Force, and if this is indeed the PS4 version, it doesn't look as good as Swap Force in my eyes. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#466 Posted: 18:59:32 14/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
Wow. Andy said that was the PS4 version of the game? If that's the PS4 version, why do the graphics look downgraded from Swap Force? The leaves look flat. When the Leviathan went back underwater, the splash looked flat.

I kept having my idea that this game is inferior looking to Swap Force, and if this is indeed the PS4 version, it doesn't look as good as Swap Force in my eyes. smilie

are they using the tabled downgrade on the ps4 version???... or is it the tablet version??...i cant believe it..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#467 Posted: 19:00:30 14/08/2014
Well stuff in Swap Force looked made out of play-doh.At least now the textures are more varied.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#468 Posted: 19:00:45 14/08/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley

there's a new villain named in the skystones part, the cuckoo clocker!
#469 Posted: 19:01:10 14/08/2014
Quote: GameMaster78

Wait, so you're telling me that a game with two months left in development ISN'T focusing on the splash that a fish makes when it goes back in the water? 0/10 stars, do not buy.

But seriously, this kind of thing isn't that big of a deal. If you watch the rest of the video, the level looks amazing, and it'll probably look even better on the TV. it's kind of like how S4 Gill Grunt is using his original artwork instead of the new artwork, they probably aren't focusing on those things right now, they are very tiny details that are fine to leave until the last minute. Gameplay and making the characters and levels look good is more of an important thing right now.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#470 Posted: 19:05:01 14/08/2014
^ If they are still doing development at this point they are in serious trouble. They'll have to start production printing of the discs in a couple weeks.
---
#471 Posted: 19:06:03 14/08/2014
^ If they are still doing development at this point they are in serious trouble. They'll have to start production printing of the discs in a couple weeks.

just hope that was only the demo...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5360
#472 Posted: 19:09:18 14/08/2014

When are you posting the packaging?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#473 Posted: 19:14:02 14/08/2014
Kaos element confirmed. That's not an Undead symbol on the last room.
Well, those question marks got solved fast.

EDIT: Though I swear I hear 'villains are more powerful in this zone' so it might just be a generic villain "element" okay, maybe not confirmed.

Also I swear the tablet gameplay has worse graphics. It looked like a 3DS game to me.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:17:02 14/08/2014 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#474 Posted: 19:16:31 14/08/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Kaos element confirmed. That's not an Undead symbol on the last room.
Well, those question marks got solved fast.

boom!
#475 Posted: 19:17:18 14/08/2014
Well outfits have officially become a disappointment... its just hats and trinkets.

Its hard to hear over Lou and Andy talking. I think it says "Villains are much stronger.." with the new symbol up in the corner.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:28 14/08/2014 by GothamLord
#476 Posted: 19:22:52 14/08/2014
Well it'd be hard to have entire outfits with guys like Maskermind around. Better than have everything clipping through like an old game's clothing physics.
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#477 Posted: 19:23:01 14/08/2014

Great video! I haven't seen Skystones Smash gameplay before. They took some nice cues from all the CCGs out there.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#478 Posted: 19:24:02 14/08/2014

Uh, no, because we can probably assume that the game is 95 percent completed, and that those things are just little things.

Creating a splash effect is not a big deal when compared to the actual game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#479 Posted: 19:26:13 14/08/2014
Quote: Pyrofer

I can appreciate the technical marvel of what it is, but in reality it's simply the game being made available on another platform. It doesn't further my experience in Trap Team other than making it available to me on the go.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#480 Posted: 19:26:53 14/08/2014
Quote: skylandsfan

When are you posting the packaging?

It's prepped and ready. It's all down to when Andy thinks it's best to release it now. We try to keep the volume of videos per day down as it generally results in them getting less attention.
---
#481 Posted: 19:28:19 14/08/2014
Quote: Bionichute

Uh, no, because we can probably assume that the game is 95 percent completed, and that those things are just little things.

Creating a splash effect is not a big deal when compared to the actual game.

Being a developer I know what I'm talking about. You do a code freeze at least 30 to 60 days before the code is "gold" ie sent to print. You want to spend as much time as possible for UAT and only would make minor code changes to fix bugs. But that is the way any professional coding shop works, maybe these guys are fly by the seat of your pants and code all the way to when they ship to print and you'll have bugs and glitches all over the place.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:42 14/08/2014 by Zylek
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8342
#482 Posted: 19:33:06 14/08/2014
Gill Runt can be bought with Tidal Wave Gill Grunt.

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#483 Posted: 19:33:23 14/08/2014
The splash effect isn't the only thing I am referring to. The bricks on the ground don't have that popped out look like they did on the PS4 version of the game. It just looks downscaled in terms of quality compared to Swap Force.

I loved the super HD look of the characters in Swap Force, and the characters who looked like they had actual fur (ie Slam Bam and Trigger Happy). If they looked like Play-Doh in Swap Force, I'd rather have that than crisp lower resolution characters.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#484 Posted: 19:33:24 14/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

Exclusive to Walmart
---
#485 Posted: 19:33:27 14/08/2014
Yeah because not having a pretty splash is so much more important over gameplay fixes like actually being able to attack in the air,or balancing issues.

C'mon it's just about choosing what to complain about on at this point, not why. I'd love to describe the attitude that some have of telling to themselves how eeevil Acti is and patting themselves on the back even in places that have nothing to do with that, but it's a pretty inappropriate term for a kid's thread and unlike some I don't want to be using said terms.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#486 Posted: 19:41:25 14/08/2014
Being a developer I know what I'm talking about. You do a code freeze at least 30 to 60 days before the code is "gold" ie sent to print. You want to spend as much time as possible for UAT and only would make minor code changes to fix bugs. But that is the way any professional coding shop works, maybe these guys are fly by the seat of your pants and code all the way to when they ship to print and you'll have bugs and glitches all over the place.

I think it's called Agile Development now smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#487 Posted: 19:43:06 14/08/2014
^ LOL Even Agile doesn't code right up to release, my current project is Agile....fun stuff.
---
#488 Posted: 19:45:35 14/08/2014
I think someone needs to create a "Sunshine and Lollipops" thread where only positive things can be said of Trap Team.
---
#489 Posted: 19:50:52 14/08/2014
I think someone needs to create a "Sunshine and Lollipops" thread where only positive things can be said of Trap Team.

That sounds like a great idea! That way the sensible people who know that complaining about unconfirmed things is stupid can get away from people like you!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#490 Posted: 19:52:06 14/08/2014
[User Posted Image]

Prozac for everyone!

Eh.... maybe not
#491 Posted: 19:53:23 14/08/2014
smilie That kind of negative statement would have no place in the Sunshine and Lollipops thread!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:00 14/08/2014 by Zylek
#492 Posted: 19:54:04 14/08/2014
Don't worry, Bionichute, they'll go there either way even if it's called "White Knight for Acti" or some other exaggeration. They went to the news thread, they're on THIS news thread, doesn't matter if it's off-topic or if they repeat it a dozen times. It's bashing Activision, it must be said whenever they want.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:25 14/08/2014 by Bifrost
#493 Posted: 19:57:36 14/08/2014
I don't get how commenting on something from a video from Gamerscom is off topic. So it's only "on topic" if you gush about it?
---
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#494 Posted: 19:59:24 14/08/2014

I took the liberty of doing it for you.
No need to thank me.
---
A story.
#495 Posted: 20:00:11 14/08/2014
No, it's on-topic if you talk about the news and not about how much you hate it. Speculation, questioning things, wondering who's next, what's that plot thing that happened in the preview.

Want to complain? There's a discussion thread for that.
---
#496 Posted: 20:02:36 14/08/2014
So were GM's comments about the graphics in the video on-topic? Just curious what the boundaries are
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#497 Posted: 20:03:24 14/08/2014
@ wideawakewesley are you revelaing the new character today or no
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#498 Posted: 20:04:55 14/08/2014
Heck if I know what are the boundaries, you only know when a mod wipes out the entire thing or closes it. I'm talking about the 10 "omg activision is so greedy/these characters are useless/tfb doesn't care" comments that you find in every page. We heard that the first time,and DEFINATELY did on the 100th time.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6307
#499 Posted: 20:05:15 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator

Thanks a lot for uploading! Also at 14:30, it looks like a rock that a giant could lift!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#500 Posted: 20:05:48 14/08/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Will you guys please keep biased bashing in the discussion thread for more than 2 days? I don't even know why Family Gamer TV even bothers updating here after you guys started insulting him and other youtubers.

Okay now wait a minute: nobody is insulting him or other youtubers from what I see here. Yes, people are complaining, they have a right to. That's not bias, it has to do with the fact that a lot of people are just not happy at all with this game. You don't have to white knight the game, it'll still come out and a lot of people will still buy it.

And 'smaller hitboxes' are rather pointless when it's really just a lower hitbox and almost every enemy attack is ground level.
First | Previous | Page 10 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me