Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Series 2 Green Gill Grunt??? [CLOSED]
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3714
#1 Posted: 15:07:53 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360718...984.m1586.l2649

Please tell me that this is not real.
RatchetJukes1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#2 Posted: 15:15:22 14/08/2013
Seems pretty real! Nice find!
---
smilie's resident Lombax has returned!
largemarge133 Green Sparx Gems: 252
#3 Posted: 15:26:53 14/08/2013
Never seen that before...
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#4 Posted: 15:33:26 14/08/2013
I Going To Message Chris About This One
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
#5 Posted: 15:38:12 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: bigslam

Good call. Thanks.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#6 Posted: 15:41:38 14/08/2013
It's odd that this hasn't been identified before ... especially if what the Seller is saying is true: "only given out by Activision at a special event this summer" .... what special event?

After the craziness surrounding the "blurple" variants and CindyBeans, I suppose it's possible that this Gill Grunt could be authentic. But I would be very, very skeptical until some more information is verified.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#7 Posted: 15:44:32 14/08/2013
Quote: SkylandersEzra

Good call. Thanks.

You're Welcome smilie The Message is Sent
---
#8 Posted: 15:46:02 14/08/2013
Two good reasons to doubt this item's authenticity:

1. there's an actual barcode on the bottom of the box. By comparison, if you look at the bottom of the E3 copper/color-shift Hot Dog variant's box, there is no barcode (it says "not for resale").
2. this Gill Grunt's box has a suspicious-looking "special edition" circle-shaped sticker/decal on it ... has that ever been on a chase variant's box before?
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#9 Posted: 15:49:03 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Two good reasons to doubt this item's authenticity:

1. there's an actual barcode on the bottom of the box. By comparison, if you look at the bottom of the E3 copper/color-shift Hot Dog variant's box, there is no barcode (it says "not for resale").
2. this Gill Grunt's box has a suspicious-looking "special edition" circle-shaped sticker/decal on it ... has that ever been on a chase variant's box before?

1. I did not realize the E3 variants did not have the barcode. That's good to know.

2. The Special Edition seal caught my eye as well. I don't think they've ever used something so generic. It's usually just the E3 and Toy Fair seal.
#10 Posted: 15:59:42 14/08/2013
For some reason even though I haven't seen another..I think its real....just weird that he said he got it this summer.. And I troll eBay everyday for good deals and never have heard or seen of one....can't wait to hear from ChrisTFB
flamesslinger Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#11 Posted: 16:29:28 14/08/2013
Something's fishy about this
---
Flameslinger is God
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#12 Posted: 16:40:28 14/08/2013
Quote: flamesslinger
Something's fishy about this

LOL ... nice one
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#13 Posted: 17:08:31 14/08/2013
Ok--im betting real---all opinion only
I bet fake on blurple so...
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#14 Posted: 17:16:52 14/08/2013
Someone's bidding against me up over $150 now...lol hope its real
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#15 Posted: 17:22:49 14/08/2013
Quote:
Current bid:
US $154.01

HAHAHAHA!!1
#16 Posted: 17:28:31 14/08/2013
Quote: largemarge133
Someone's bidding against me up over $150 now...lol hope its real

Holy mackerel ... stop bidding ... there's 4 days left on the auction. If you're serious about bidding on this, at least wait until it's about to end, so that you don't end-up paying any more than necessary.

Also, there's a good chance this could all end up being a big fish story ... and you don't want to end up on the hook for buying a fake.
---
#17 Posted: 17:29:03 14/08/2013
pic..

[User Posted Image]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#18 Posted: 17:30:35 14/08/2013
WHAT!

http://www.caseengaines.com/bl...Large-Marge.jpg

Glad I'm not in the variant game anymore. Too costly. With that 150 (so far), that would pay for almost 15 Skylanders from Swap Force, 10 Swaplanders, 2 Starter Packs, or both Adventure and Battle Packs with 50 bucks to spare.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#19 Posted: 17:34:46 14/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
WHAT!

Glad I'm not in the variant game anymore. Too costly. With that 150 (so far), that would pay for almost 15 Skylanders from Swap Force, 10 Swaplanders, 2 Starter Packs, or both Adventure and Battle Packs with 50 bucks to spare.

Agreed.
If we get confirmation that this is real, you can expect that eBay price to shoot through the roof.
Even if we don't get confirmation, it seems people are crazy enough to bid high on this thing ... even with more than 4 days remaining on the auction (who taught you people how to bid on eBay? Sheesh).
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#20 Posted: 17:36:11 14/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
WHAT!

We identified a special gil grunt variant on Universe before it was shut down this was it.

I'm definitely out of variants after Giants...this is killing me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#21 Posted: 17:37:47 14/08/2013
I also just noticed this item is listed through eBay as a "private listing".

I've never seen that before. Perhaps that means bidding is by invitation only? I don't know.
Seems odd, though.
---
#22 Posted: 17:43:53 14/08/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I also just noticed this item is listed through eBay as a "private listing".

I've never seen that before. Perhaps that means bidding is by invitation only? I don't know.
Seems odd, though.

its like 'i that put it up can only bid on it, you can only look what i got hahaha'... thing...
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#23 Posted: 17:47:40 14/08/2013
it almost looks painted... but we shall see. hopefully wether it's legit or not someone on here gets it so we can find out the truth. (i'm hoping it's legit at that price...)
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24 Posted: 17:48:21 14/08/2013
If it is a fake, it is a very well done one. It looks great.

Honestly, I'd lean toward real - given that they already did one "special one" for employees. It isn't unheard of for them to do a small special run for a special event as a thank you. And if the event was small, with a small number of wholesalers, it might explain why they haven't been popping up more. There might not be many small time people, and serious business people don't run to EBay with swag the way bloggers/etc. do from a trade show. It is bad business etiquette.
#25 Posted: 17:54:10 14/08/2013
Just Sent Chris The Link
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#26 Posted: 18:46:55 14/08/2013
Assuming this is real, and it looks like it is, I wonder if its tied into the Frito-Lay promotion. Since they seem to no longer be producing the promo bags they'd start shipping the vendor incentives out. If it was an incentive for a retail store like Target or Gamestop I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#27 Posted: 18:52:41 14/08/2013
As per Ebay
Private auction listing
A listing in which the bidders' user IDs are not shown to others. When a private auction listing ends, the seller and high bidder are notified through email. Sellers may want to use this option when they believe that potential bidders for an item may not want their user IDs disclosed to others.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#28 Posted: 19:18:39 14/08/2013
I'm gonna be honest. I don't see much of a difference between this and normal S2 Gill Grunt. Also, I'd expect it to be more like the XBox Green Gill Grunt.
#29 Posted: 19:20:39 14/08/2013
Its not the figure its the rarity of it.....
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#30 Posted: 20:12:31 14/08/2013
ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME.

This better be fake. smilie

Look at the right side image. Part of the plastic peeled off.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:55 14/08/2013 by Matteomax
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#31 Posted: 20:20:53 14/08/2013
An informed fake, if indeed it is a fake at all. We've known about a "special" Gill Grunt in the coding for quite some time, so if it is a forgery in the first place, they've at least done their homework and didn't just pick a figure to paint green arbitrarily. On that note, didn't they first give away the S:SA green Gill Grunt to, like, Microsoft employees or something? It's not like they don't do stuff like this. I'm not giving it the benefit of the doubt just yet, but all the same, I would not be shocked to discover that this is real.
#32 Posted: 20:56:13 14/08/2013
Just Got A message from Chris And this Is A Real Variant !
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:45 14/08/2013 by bigslam
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#33 Posted: 21:01:01 14/08/2013
who's next?

*crosses fingers for jet vac and drobot*
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#34 Posted: 21:07:33 14/08/2013

##@!!!#$%$%%#@!!##%%^%$#@!!##$
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#35 Posted: 21:09:27 14/08/2013
who do you think would look good in green?
#36 Posted: 21:16:18 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator

Thanks again for checking and reporting back.

Did Chris happen to give any details as to how this figure is being distributed or how rare it might be? Should we be looking for it in retail outlets or was it just handed out to certain vendors as the eBay poster spoke of?
#37 Posted: 21:19:45 14/08/2013

Did Chris happen to give any details as to how this figure is being distributed or how rare it might be? Should we be looking for it in retail outlets or was it just handed out to certain vendors as the eBay poster spoke of?

He Said He Doesn't Have Any Additional Information But When He Finds Out He'll Tell me
---
#38 Posted: 21:20:47 14/08/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

##@!!!#$%$%%#@!!##%%^%$#@!!##$

Hahaha!

My thoughts exactly.
Enough is enough with these Giants series variants being released in the 11th hour.
---
#39 Posted: 21:22:58 14/08/2013

This Gill Grunt will be available in retail stores at some point and in some (small, probably) quantity, probably much like the "blurple" variants.
Like I mentioned early in this thread, the box for this Gill Grunt has an actual barcode on the bottom. If it were a non-retail variant, it would most likely have no barcode and the "not for resale" message on the bottom of the box (like the E3 Hot Dog).
---
#40 Posted: 21:28:47 14/08/2013
I don't even know what to say. The plan was to sock some money away for Swap Force---
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#41 Posted: 21:51:23 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
So is this Metallic Green Gill Grunt or do we have a better name?
#42 Posted: 21:53:09 14/08/2013
So is this Metallic Green Gill Grunt or do we have a better name?

Swampy Gill Grunt I Dunno
---
#43 Posted: 21:54:19 14/08/2013
I think that is a perfectly reasonable name for your list.
But I wonder if it is a bit different because it isnt just a regular chase variant it was similar to Toy Fair or Employee --so could you call it Promo metallic green Gill--LOL
I dunno--I think that the Metallic Green Gill Grunt will do
'
---
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#44 Posted: 22:40:51 14/08/2013
I want!!!! Looks cool but outta my variant price range.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#45 Posted: 22:51:10 14/08/2013
I just wanna know if its going retail....or employee kinda variant...before I bid anymore on it...hate to see it at Walmart in two weeks for 10.99
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#46 Posted: 23:09:21 14/08/2013
Questions I asked: Where did this come from? How can I know this is authentic? When he is put on the portal, what are his stats?

Here's the answers from the seller I received: Thanks for the questions. I can understand the apprehension because of the lack of details, but honestly there really isn't much more to say. I was given this as a thank you for providing services to Activision. I am not a Skylanders player and never intend to be. What I know is that they are giving these out later this month at an exclusive sales vendor event and they are also being given to people like me. There is still an opportunity for them to show up down the line for sure. I also know they are exclusive because I was told by the Activision rep they weren't going to retail them. If you win and this changes I would be open to correcting the sale within reason.

As for the stats, I couldn't tell you. I don't own a portal or the game. My understanding is that dropping it on a portal also assigns it to a user (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm hesitant to use a friends. I will ask around at my office because a couple others got them as well. They might know.

Unfortunately, it's legit. I kinda knew it was anyways because it's hard to fake clear green plastic water jets shooting from the jet pack. DANG YOU ACTIVISION!!!!!!! DANG YOU TO HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not how I really feel, but gotta keep it kid friendly around here).
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:21 14/08/2013 by j32bass
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#47 Posted: 23:25:42 14/08/2013
Waaaaaaaaaaah? My god Activision, You leave us in a variant drought for sooooo long in about January to Juneish And now we get the Blurples, Pumpkin Eye Brawl, Gnarly Rex, and now A S2 Gill Grunt that stayed in the swamp for too long? Gawd, if they spaced theese out reasonably, Everyone woulda been happier...
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#48 Posted: 23:31:36 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: j32bass
Questions I asked: Where did this come from? How can I know this is authentic? When he is put on the portal, what are his stats?

Here's the answers from the seller I received: Thanks for the questions. I can understand the apprehension because of the lack of details, but honestly there really isn't much more to say. I was given this as a thank you for providing services to Activision. I am not a Skylanders player and never intend to be. What I know is that they are giving these out later this month at an exclusive sales vendor event and they are also being given to people like me. There is still an opportunity for them to show up down the line for sure. I also know they are exclusive because I was told by the Activision rep they weren't going to retail them. If you win and this changes I would be open to correcting the sale within reason.

As for the stats, I couldn't tell you. I don't own a portal or the game. My understanding is that dropping it on a portal also assigns it to a user (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm hesitant to use a friends. I will ask around at my office because a couple others got them as well. They might know.

Unfortunately, it's legit. I kinda knew it was anyways because it's hard to fake clear green plastic water jets shooting from the jet pack. DANG YOU ACTIVISION!!!!!!! DANG YOU TO HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not how I really feel, but gotta keep it kid friendly around here).

Well, with that information it sounds like these will be more like the Employee Edition LightCore Prism Breaks from last year.
#49 Posted: 23:37:47 14/08/2013
Wow...over $230 now
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#50 Posted: 00:08:29 15/08/2013
I really really REALLY hate to say it, but that particular green makes him look like a marine or something, which SERIOUSLY suits him. :S

Quote: largemarge133
I just wanna know if its going retail....or employee kinda variant...before I bid anymore on it...hate to see it at Walmart in two weeks for 10.99

STOP BIDDING ON IT!!!!! Are you insane? That's the rule for ANY auction you intend to win! What's the point of having the winning bid for 5 days if someone outbids you at the last second? It's pointless to place a bid before the final 1 minute or so, any other bids just raise the price needlessly. Let the price inflation happen in the last few minutes, there's no need for it to span several days.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me