Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Your earliest memories of Spyro?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Your earliest memories of Spyro? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#1 Posted: 22:14:03 17/01/2013 | Topic Creator
The title smilie

Mine are, playing GtG all night on Christmas 2007 with my dad, playing it early morning probably a couple days later, watching my mum try and figure it out smilie and trying to find out how to get the ladt Summer Forest orb smilie

Edit: Also the tragic death of my PlayStation 1 while Gateway to Glimmer was in it...Long story short: Dad. Wires. Tea. Yeah.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:19 10/02/2013 by Jaggedstar
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#2 Posted: 22:50:04 17/01/2013
i played (and watched) year of the dragon which was when i was 3 and yotd was my first spyro game.
Tynesider Yellow Sparx Gems: 1612
#3 Posted: 23:45:13 17/01/2013
I can't pinpoint my exact earliest memory, but it was definitely of Spyro 2. It may have been being creeped out by those power orb stealers in Hurricos or the fish shooting game in Idol Springs or maybe the idols and ice hockey in Colossos, but I'm just not sure. :/
---
GANN VOORT ET KRAENEN!!!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 23:49:55 17/01/2013
Getting the original for Chanukah and prancing around the Artisan's Homeworld. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#5 Posted: 00:23:56 18/01/2013
I went to my cousin's house for a small visit, she was playing with her PS2, and she said she loves Spyro games, I had no idea what she was talking about, she then let me watch her play AHT, it looked like a lot of fun, and I started to really like Spyro, it came regular I'd ask if we could play 'Spyro' (meaning just her and I'd watch).

After a little while after christmas, me and my mother went to the store for a long, more challenging game, the same game my cousin had. Found AHT and pranced around, we asked the employee if the game was long, he had the weirded out face and said it depends on how skilled you are and how much you play it.
We bought it, I ran to my new PS2 and played it, it was so much fun, when I buped into my first enemy (right after Hunter teaches you jumping and gliding stuff) I got scared, but over came it and enjoyed the game, I rememer laughing at some of the lines and telling my friend I got the game.
My first real experience with Spyro.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 00:41:27 18/01/2013
Playing Spyro 2: Season of Flame until my eyes burts. smilie
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#7 Posted: 00:55:48 18/01/2013
spyro 3, and replaying the first world infinitely because my parents never bought a PS1 memory card.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#8 Posted: 00:58:59 18/01/2013
The original Spyro. I remember loving it and playing it everyday. I left it on overnight because I didn't have a memory card. Playing it over if I forgot something. Man, those were the days
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10161
#9 Posted: 03:15:24 18/01/2013
Getting YoTD out of my cabinet in my room and examining the box art.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#10 Posted: 06:23:20 18/01/2013
I was going to Canada's Wonderland.
I saw Year Of The Dragon in a store.
I convinced my parents to get it.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#11 Posted: 17:14:19 18/01/2013
I went to some friends house.
I went into their room and they were playing Spyro The Dragon, I kept watching and shortly afterward I wanted my own Spyro game..
Eventually we got it, but we didn't get the games in order. Making me think that Spyro: Year of the Dragon was the first game....
I was later corrected, and continued to love the Spyro games forever.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#12 Posted: 17:21:35 18/01/2013
Playing Sunny Beach on demo disk from some PSX magazine :3
---
Any Osu fan here?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#13 Posted: 19:10:12 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Oh and, I used to get so scared and shaky at the Crush boss battle that I had to get my dad to do it smilie The others.....eh I never even got there myself
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#14 Posted: 19:25:46 18/01/2013
When I was 8 or so, Year of the Dragon came out, and I distinctly remember the Sorceress frightening me. She had such a sinister, scratchy voice and the fact that she not only stated she wanted the dragons dead, but HATCHLINGS at that, so she could pluck their wings and live forever... it honestly gave me nightmares. And Stewart Copeland made such CREEPY music for the battle against her (granted, it was reused from Spike's Arena, but the Platinum Edition track was pretty good too). And then when her hand came out of the lava when she fell in the lava in much a similar fashion to Ripto, I freaked out.

I honestly the Sorceress is the creepiest villain Insomniac ever made, with the possible exception of Emperor Tachyon. <.<;
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#15 Posted: 22:32:08 18/01/2013
Very early one, though it didn't involve playing it at all. I might actually go and say I've seen my brother play Ripto's Rage when I was very little,but I'm not sure it really was that game and he doesn't remember it at all.
I remember being on a car next to a game store with ETD being advertised. I had an OC with purple skin,and I freaked out thinking someone stole my OC and made a game with it. Was just a second looking at it and now I know it was ETD's boxart,but I was really scared for a moment. After than that,to think I was playing A Hero's Tail as my first Spyro game a few years later and could tell the difference between my OC and Spyro...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#16 Posted: 08:00:34 19/01/2013
I have many, many memories of Spyro the Dragon, all of them are happy ones too.
My earliest would be of me playing the demo of Spyro the Dragon, and I remember playing it just after watching my Dad play Tomb Raider III, Kula World and MediEvil on the demo disc, I saw him start on Spyro, and watched as he tried to figure out what to do with this dragon statue in front of him, and I think at first he thought that you had to flame them whilst running towards them to free them, but later on I found out that all you have to do is to step onto their platform, lol. After watching him for some time in the Artisan's, I asked if I could play, and he let me. And I remember running around Artisan's, trying to figure out the controls, and where to go, and what to do, I even got stuck in the maze, for some reason, I thought it was really complicated, and now that I look back on it, I don't understand how I could be so confused, smilie There's so much, I could go on and on, Spyro played a big part of my childhood, along with Tomb Raider, and other random games at the time. Spyro was the one I noticed the most.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#17 Posted: 10:40:07 19/01/2013
Back in Xmas '98 when my brothers and I got a Playstation, it included a disc called "Demo One" which had a playable demo of Kulaworld, Tekken 3 and trailers for Crash Bandicoot 3 and Spyro the Dragon. The music in Spyro became memorable to see along with Spyro turning his neck to the viewers.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#18 Posted: 10:57:38 19/01/2013
Year 2000 with Year of the Dragon :D ahh good times.
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#19 Posted: 12:01:52 19/01/2013
It was 1999. I got Spyro 2 for my birthday.

I ended up liking CTR (the game my sister got for her birthday weeks later) more, but I still do love this too.
---
Eh.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#20 Posted: 16:10:40 19/01/2013
In 2000 I got my PlayStation One, one of my first games was Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage, it was very funny because I never though you can actually play with a Dragon smilie!! So challenging and fun, and I finish it without help and then I decide to get the other 2 games (StD and YotD). Something that I really love about that It was my free time to play the game again and Again.

I remember when I was trying to get my last 2 orbs and some gems in the whole game, guess what, I miss that stuff in Autumn Plains, I didn't know where to keep looking and then I discovered the secret Sparx ability (when Sparx shows you where is the next gems) and I saw something "Shiny" in the wall outside the castle, I give up trying to reach to that place but after exploring the castle for awhile Sparx was pointing to something weird, and I saw the WALL, I broke it and I found some gems and I meet the "Long Glide" thing and I got the 2 orbs and the missed gems of the whole game!!!

Aww.. Good Times ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#21 Posted: 17:18:20 19/01/2013
Quote: SamXala
I remember when I was trying to get my last 2 orbs and some gems in the whole game, guess what, I miss that stuff in Autumn Plains, I didn't know where to keep looking and then I discovered the secret Sparx ability (when Sparx shows you where is the next gems) and I saw something "Shiny" in the wall outside the castle, I give up trying to reach to that place but after exploring the castle for awhile Sparx was pointing to something weird, and I saw the WALL, I broke it and I found some gems and I meet the "Long Glide" thing and I got the 2 orbs and the missed gems of the whole game!!!

Aww.. Good Times ^-^

Huh...so I wasn't alone in missing the secret wall for ages. I'd given up on finding them prior, and was just messing around with my own improvised story, which for some reason involved charging along the inner wall of the castle. Suddenly, after charging the rest of the wall just fine, one of the walls just completely gave way...and me and my sister were finally able to unlock the Dragon Shores door.
---
Eh.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#22 Posted: 18:40:16 19/01/2013
I was 3 when YoTD came out and I remember walking out to my living room and seeing that my dad had fallen asleep trying to beat fireworks factory.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#23 Posted: 18:59:09 19/01/2013
Quote: Burning Gnorc

Aww.. Good Times ^-^

Huh...so I wasn't alone in missing the secret wall for ages. I'd given up on finding them prior, and was just messing around with my own improvised story, which for some reason involved charging along the inner wall of the castle. Suddenly, after charging the rest of the wall just fine, one of the walls just completely gave way...and me and my sister were finally able to unlock the Dragon Shores door.

It was doing this where I learned that Ripto's Rage gave Sparx the ability to point out nearby gems... @.@
---
spyrogems Gold Sparx Gems: 2626
#24 Posted: 19:04:47 19/01/2013
the music smilie love every song that's in spyro smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#25 Posted: 19:12:19 19/01/2013
My earliest memories was when I first tried Spyro 1 on a PS1 game demo. And when I got the full game, I didn't know how to proceed to the next homeworld and my dad had to help me on some occasions. X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#26 Posted: 19:15:02 19/01/2013
Where did people get these demo discs from? Were they with the PSX? I must not have checked the box... <.>
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#27 Posted: 20:37:07 19/01/2013
I remember failing at the First dream in The legend of Spyro The eternal Night and Spyro would keep saying "Its okay we can try again" or something and I was like "BUT I CANT!!"
Yeah it was my first Spyro game.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#28 Posted: 21:28:19 19/01/2013
Admittedly, LegendaryFlames, some of the platforming in the Dreamtime parts was sketchy. Especially the parts with the log see-saws. They didn't seem to ever work properly for me and sent me tumbling to my death a lot.
---
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#29 Posted: 04:19:29 20/01/2013
Playing the Spyro the Dragon demo from Pizza Hut that a brother's friend let me have. I remember Nestor rushing through his speech and Spyro didn't sound very determined to go after Gnasty.

Nostalgia at its finest.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#30 Posted: 12:19:27 21/01/2013
In 2000 I got my PlayStation One, one of my first games was Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage, it was very funny because I never though you can actually play with a Dragon smilie!! So challenging and fun, and I finish it without help and then I decide to get the other 2 games (StD and YotD). Something that I really love about that It was my free time to play the game again and Again.

Aww.. Good Times ^-^

I got the older Spyro games in that order as well! smilie With the exception of getting Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly first before those two mentioned. I did get Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer in 1999, but in 2003 I got Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, and I think a few weeks later I got Spyro the Dragon, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon both at the same time. I was pretty lucky to find them both together, they was second-hand, and now that I think about it, why would someone want to trade these precious great games in for? smilie Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was the one that put me off getting newer Spyro games, until much later on.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#31 Posted: 01:54:22 22/01/2013
^Hahaha nice ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#32 Posted: 03:37:41 25/01/2013
My first memory of Spyro was playing it on the PlayStation at someone's house when I was little. However, I don't remember how old I was or what Spyro game it was, but I did have loads of fun with it regardless. That alone got me into the Spyro series as a whole, which led me to getting Spyro: A Hero's Tail for the Gamecube, Spyro Shadow Legacy and The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning for the DS.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#33 Posted: 09:13:54 27/01/2013
When I was 3 I would watch my brother and mom play The classics and ANB
I would hide behind a pillow for the scary parts
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
dragonsoul13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1047
#34 Posted: 02:36:35 05/02/2013
playing Spyro The Dragon at my Grandma's house on the PS1, will never forget how happy I was torching plants!!!
#35 Posted: 04:17:20 05/02/2013
I remember with my youthful, high-pitched voice I would try to mimic Ripto's lines from Ripto's Rage. ^.^;
---
#36 Posted: 22:14:51 06/02/2013
Quote: HIR
I remember with my youthful, high-pitched voice I would try to mimic Ripto's lines from Ripto's Rage. ^.^;

I used to do that, and I did that with Hunter and Spyro too. smilie
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10286
#37 Posted: 06:48:19 07/02/2013
Getting help from my mother's friend to defeat Buzz when I was about three years old.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#38 Posted: 20:13:23 09/02/2013
Playing Spyro 2 on the PSone we had for ages. Must go re-buy and replay one day.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
bobafett222red Green Sparx Gems: 491
#39 Posted: 00:57:45 10/02/2013
My first encounter with the spyro series was when I was in grade two I bought the legend of spyro ANB and when I played I was thinking "this is the best game ever".
---
I bring the star wars to darkspyro
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#40 Posted: 01:48:48 10/02/2013
I was obsessed as a kid with dragons. I loved video games, but didn't have a console of my own. So for my birthday in 2000 from my dad I got a PlayStation One (a PSOne, to be exact). I got 3 games for my PlayStation. Spyro the Dragon, Spyro (2): Ripto's Rage: and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. I had to unfortunately ask my dad to re-buy the Spyro games (I didn't take good care of my games as a kid), but the console I have I've kept and used for nearly 13 years now.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:57 10/02/2013 by JCW555
Shinygirl Red Sparx Gems: 45
#41 Posted: 00:00:26 17/02/2013
I am still obsessed with dragons. I got my PSOne for Christmas the year I turned 10 (1999), my first games where Spyro and Crash Bandicoot 2, (since then my collection has only increased to 9 games). I lived on Spyro, I can vividly remember Nestor and how excited I was. Terrified of Toasty in Artisans and so thankful that the fairies saved me in High Caves!

Spyro: Always the best, loved forever.
#42 Posted: 00:52:06 17/02/2013
I remember when I first discovered the double jump glitch in Ripto's Rage, trying to get to the tower in Autumn Plains. When I realized I could explore the tops of the levels with it, I was like a kid in a candy store! ^.^
---
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#43 Posted: 03:42:05 18/02/2013
My earliest memory was playing a Spyro game while in the waiting room of a hospital while a sibling was there. Upon recent research, I believe it to have been Spyro: A Hero's Tail.
More recently I got reintroduced through Skylanders, and after that started working to acquire some of the relatively older games (borrowed them from a friend who has a massive collection of DS games), having gotten Shadow Legacy, as well as Dawn of the Dragon (both DS versions).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Valkyrie Ripto Gems: 164
#44 Posted: 04:39:51 18/02/2013
Playing Spyro 1 and yelling at the TV.
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#45 Posted: 02:23:18 23/02/2013
my brother and i used to always play the original spyro games.we still play spyro today.
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#46 Posted: 06:05:01 26/02/2013
My earliest Spyro memory was from playing Spyro (3): Year of the Dragon. When I got it was on my birthday and/or Christmas in I think 2004. I remember my mother had been looking around for games for some time in pawn shops and second-hand video game stores, since at the time I only owned a Playstation 1. (Yeah, I was behind in the video game industry because I had never played a video game at all until 2004. I know, shocking, huh?) She bought it on a whim, and gave it to me, and I immediately loved it. Although, when I first played through it, I was immensely confused about the past references they were making throughout the game. (I.E. Moneybags mentioning Avalar, etc.) And I have grown attached to the purple dragon ever since! smilie
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
VeronicaTheFox Ripto Gems: 22
#47 Posted: 21:47:45 26/02/2013
Probably 1999, playing the original the same year the Greatest Hits came out for it.
Partajeesus Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#48 Posted: 23:08:28 28/02/2013
My earliest memory is playing the demo of the first spyro. I got the game on the same year. After that I tried the demo of the second game but didn't like it for some reason. Can't really remember the reason because it's so long ago. Never tried any spyro game after that. I bought the original spyro for the ps3 about two years ago and still liked it so maybe I should try the second and third one too.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me