darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Besides being a Purple Dragon, Malefor, well...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Besides being a Purple Dragon, Malefor, well... [CLOSED]
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#1 Posted: 04:10:27 16/06/2008 | Topic Creator
...Could he have been an Earth dragon if he wern't the first purple dragon? My speculation reasons:

• In both pictures and the statue of him in the Temple (and some place(s) in the Mountain of Malefor in TEN) Pictures are at the bottom of this post.
  • During the trial with Terrador in ANB (went through it again earlier), I noticed that the statue of Malefor and Terrador both have quite a bulk. *points a little downward*

• [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

When comparing Terrador to the other guardians, he is much thicker in the legs, chest, and a bit in the lower torso. ...Terrador also appears to have a thicker TAIL... The Dark Master shows this as well (except the tail, not sure about that).

• Terrador has rather large and thick horns; Malefor appears to have VERY similar horns.

• Now for pictures so you can see what I mean:

[User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image] *looks like the statue in Mountain of Malefor*
    [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image] *Concept art of statue in Dragon Temple*

Thank SpyroxCynder for send the pictures to me in Yahoo.
    Last edited at 04:12:22 16/06/2008 by Shrazer320
    Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
    #2 Posted: 15:52:24 16/06/2008
    Oh, I know another reson!

the chronicler say "first he mastred fire, which was odd because he was not a fire dragon, then came ice and wind(electric) and other abilitys none thought posible..."

it says he masters fire, ice and wind but not earth, so he might have been a earth dragon, because there are no other elements. (posin, fear, shadow are NOT elements.
    darkspyro1 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
    #3 Posted: 16:38:51 16/06/2008
    terrador is the dm i think
    #4 Posted: 00:34:51 17/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Tango

the chronicler say "first he mastred fire, which was odd because he was not a fire dragon, then came ice and wind(electric) and other abilitys none thought posible..."

it says he masters fire, ice and wind but not earth, so he might have been a earth dragon, because there are no other elements. (posin, fear, shadow are NOT elements.

8D Not a fire dragon! (Wind and Electricity are not the same) He also mastered a bunch of others... What did the Chronicler mean by "abilities" though? Like, he could walk on water!? XD

Quote: darkspyro1

• I wasn't suggesting that,
  • worst thing ever thought of.
  • Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
    #5 Posted: 15:47:08 17/06/2008
    Quote: Shrazer320
    Quote: Tango

8D Not a fire dragon! (Wind and Electricity are not the same) He also mastered a bunch of others... What did the Chronicler mean by "abilities" though? Like, he could walk on water!? smilie

Quote: darkspyro1

• I wasn't suggesting that,
  • worst thing ever thought of.

• Well the chronicler also said "the purple dragon can weild many abilitys others can't , including time itself."

Mabey time was one? It would be cool to fight malefor in slow motian.
    Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
    #6 Posted: 19:24:29 18/06/2008
    ^Fighting Malefor in slow motion through the entire battle would be annoying.

Terrador absolutely is NOT the DM; if he were he would have killed Spyro, or smashed his egg himself.
    Wind came with Earth in ANB. I don't think DM is an earth dagon, coz if he was, he would have mastered earth first, but he obtained the fire ability.
    Where did you get those pics Shrazer320?! Link?!
    ---
    Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
    OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
    #7 Posted: 19:38:23 18/06/2008
    smilie Read my post more carefully!

[quote=Tango]
    "First he mastered fire which was odd because HE WAS NOT A FIRE DRAGON"
    /[quote]
    DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
    #8 Posted: 19:47:23 18/06/2008
    I think the DM just looks more like an earth dragon because the earth dragons are more heafty big etc. and that just seems to fit the evil villanious type.

I too realized that Malefor looked like Terrador/Earth Dragon and I even thought the statue in the Temple was Terrador the first time I saw it but then detected the flaws that proved that it was not him.

It was Malefor's destiny to become the first purple dragon to help the world not to try to destroy it.

If he had become an Earth Dragon or Fire Dragon or any of the others I don't think we would have a very good story would we?
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
    #9 Posted: 21:01:47 18/06/2008
    So, Tango, you're suggesting the Dark Master can use Dragon Time during the battle. Interesting theory. That might make things a little more challenging. >.>
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #10 Posted: 21:45:10 18/06/2008
    Quote: DragonFriend244
    It was Malefor's destiny to become the first purple dragon to help the world not to try to destroy it.

Where did you hear about helping the world being Malefor's destiney?!
    ---
    #11 Posted: 21:51:24 18/06/2008
    Quote: Spyro LUVA

Well Malefor wasn't supposed to force the world into peril was he? He was supposed to do good. In ANB Ignitus said that A Purple Dragon would rid the world of evil or something along the lines of that.
    #12 Posted: 23:50:19 18/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Wind came with Earth in ANB. I don't think DM is an earth dagon, coz if he was, he would have mastered earth first, but he obtained the fire ability.
    Where did you get those pics Shrazer320?! Link?!

Ah, forgot Wind was in Earth.

Also, the link (uploaded into my own PB). As for where I got them, go back and look for the credit.

I think the DM just looks more like an earth dragon because the earth dragons are more heafty big etc. and that just seems to fit the evil villanious type.

I too realized that Malefor looked like Terrador/Earth Dragon and I even thought the statue in the Temple was Terrador the first time I saw it but then detected the flaws that proved that it was not him.

If he had become an Earth Dragon or Fire Dragon or any of the others I don't think we would have a very good story would we?

That's true...

XD I saw the flaws too.

Source?

No, but I'm saying that he might've been an Earth dragon had he not been a purple dragon.

Quote: HIR
    So, Tango, you're suggesting the Dark Master can use Dragon Time during the battle. Interesting theory. That might make things a little more challenging. >.>

That would EFF me up. I sometimes, even now, can't remember how to start/stop Dragon Time, so in battles I often say/think something like, "OH *bleep* HE'S GONNA KILL ME!" Then I'll have to wait what feels like ten minutes to be destoryed.

Well Malefor wasn't supposed to force the world into peril was he? He was supposed to do good. In ANB Ignitus said that A Purple Dragon would rid the world of evil or something along the lines of that.

Malefor is simply pissed. The dragons long ago exiled him because the thought he was dangerous because of his power.
    Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
    #13 Posted: 04:36:00 19/06/2008

Not Malefor, Spyro. The prophecy came about some time after Malefor's imprisonment. And it was the reason that the Night of the Raid happened.
    ---
    You kicked who in the what now?
    Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
    #14 Posted: 14:26:54 19/06/2008
    Well..maybe one of Malefor's parents was an Earth dragon. Purple dragons have to come from somewhere.
    ---
    Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
    #15 Posted: 03:27:27 20/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Byrn
    Well..maybe one of Malefor's parents was an Earth dragon. Purple dragons have to come from somewhere.

Could've been. XD
    Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
    #16 Posted: 09:37:51 20/06/2008

That'd be annoying! D:

When I first saw the statue in ANB, I actually DID think it was Terrador...But when I noticed it had similarities to the other Guardians, I thought it was some legendary dragon that was a mix of all the Guardians! xDD Shows how smart I was back then.
    #17 Posted: 18:24:44 20/06/2008
    I just realized I see Gaul in one of those photos! ^.^
    ---
    #18 Posted: 19:24:42 20/06/2008
    Which one?
    ---
    Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
    #19 Posted: 00:44:28 21/06/2008
    Third from the bottom... in the bottom left corner. It's the ape with the same helmet Gaul wears. >.>
    ---
    #20 Posted: 01:34:46 21/06/2008
    Oh yeah...
    ---
    #21 Posted: 06:13:18 21/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Third from the bottom... in the bottom left corner. It's the ape with the same helmet Gaul wears. >.>

Owo How queer.. he MUST have been old then.
    #22 Posted: 12:11:17 21/06/2008
    Well, at least you can't say he didn't have a long life...
    ---
    #23 Posted: 18:25:45 21/06/2008
    Hmm, as long as were at it... Spyro seems to resemble a fire dragon (horns, shape of face)
    And Cynder has a few similarities to an ice dragon( smaller head, very pointy horns).
    ---
    #24 Posted: 02:28:08 22/06/2008
    true. Hey! that means that Ignitus could be Spyro's dad! Does that men Cyrill is Cynder's dad???!!!
    ---
    #25 Posted: 02:39:12 22/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Hmm, as long as were at it... Spyro seems to resemble a fire dragon (horns, shape of face)
    And Cynder has a few similarities to an ice dragon( smaller head, very pointy horns).

XD True.

Razz said that Cynder actually gave us the base of LoS' style of female dragons, which I agree. She has a smaller body, horns that look like a frill and probably protect her neck, and looks more streamlined for quick flight.

true. Hey! that means that Ignitus could be Spyro's dad! Does that men Cyrill is Cynder's dad???!!!

OFF TOPIC. AND NO!
    #26 Posted: 02:51:19 22/06/2008
    Calm down! <.>!
    ---
    Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
    #27 Posted: 21:19:10 22/06/2008

I think Cynder would have been a wind dragon normally, if there was such a thing.
    #28 Posted: 21:40:34 22/06/2008
    Well I don't think Cynder would have been an Wind Dragon even if there WAS such a thing. In ANB I remember one of the guardians saying that Cynder was returned to her TRUE form thanks to Spyro who blasted the Convexity fury and sucked out all of Cynder's evil powers? I Believe that it is possible for Cynder to be another special dragon or there is more to her than meets the eye.
    #29 Posted: 23:53:30 23/06/2008 | Topic Creator
    Calm down! <.>!

I was getting irritated because of viruses. XD

Quote: Gwenio

I think Cynder would have been a wind dragon normally, if there was such a thing.

TT We need more females in the series, that's it.
    #30 Posted: 00:32:18 24/06/2008
    Quote: Gwenio

Nah. I don't think "wind dragon" suits her very well. <.<;
    ---
    JDN Fodder
    #31 Posted: 04:43:18 01/07/2008
    i think the DM is an electricity dragon because in one of the pics he is holding an electricity ball and there are only three other dragons stankding around him
    #32 Posted: 15:59:37 01/07/2008
    I agree with Shrazer320 about needing more females.
    ---
    Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
    #33 Posted: 18:52:50 01/07/2008
    Ya really I would like to see more girls. Especially when Cynder came as a bad guy or girl I was excited. Finally it seemed as though more females where going to be in the series and that they wouldn't be to girly and have a more important role than the before females. At least Cynder would. Turns out I was wrong. Cynder was IS the only female that they included in the Legend trilogy. For some reason I always thought it would be interesting and neat if Hunter was a girl in this Spyro era.
    Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
    #34 Posted: 19:03:18 01/07/2008
    Malefor is freakin awesome! MA-LE-FOR!!!!!!! ME-LE-FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---
    Wanna go for a ride?
    spyro_lover17 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
    #35 Posted: 12:34:41 02/07/2008
    Quote: Shrazer320
    ...Could he have been an Earth dragon if he wern't the first purple dragon? My speculation reasons:

• In both pictures and the statue of him in the Temple (and some place(s) in the Mountain of Malefor in TEN) Pictures are at the bottom of this post.
  • During the trial with Terrador in ANB (went through it again earlier), I noticed that the statue of Malefor and Terrador both have quite a bulk. *points a little downward*

• [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

When comparing Terrador to the other guardians, he is much thicker in the legs, chest, and a bit in the lower torso. ...Terrador also appears to have a thicker TAIL... The Dark Master shows this as well (except the tail, not sure about that).

• Terrador has rather large and thick horns; Malefor appears to have VERY similar horns.

• Now for pictures so you can see what I mean:

[User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image] *looks like the statue in Mountain of Malefor*
    [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
    [User Posted Image] *Concept art of statue in Dragon Temple*

Thank SpyroxCynder for send the pictures to me in Yahoo.

i agree terrador and malefor look some what the same, but look in the 6th picture down, both terrador and the DM are in the picture along with the other 3 guardians so i dont think that terrador is the DM
    #36 Posted: 15:18:42 02/07/2008
    thats not terrordor.
    #37 Posted: 15:21:54 02/07/2008
    Many people say that those guardians are different from the ones Spyro knows. Also, it is useless to compare Terrador to the DM in any way other than looks coz HE IS NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT MALEFOR!
    ---
    #38 Posted: 00:30:46 05/07/2008
    Um Sorry if I was mean just then, I didn't mean to be!
    ---
    #39 Posted: 05:18:11 05/07/2008
    You weren't, but you didn't need to yell smilie.
    ---
    #40 Posted: 12:00:40 05/07/2008
    Kay. Any other thoughts on Malefor? Anyone?
    ---
    Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
    #41 Posted: 14:33:39 09/07/2008
    i thinnk he will be a giant purple dragon cause the cronicaler said that he was the first purple dragon
    ---
    tumblr
    not yr babe
    #42 Posted: 17:14:34 11/07/2008
    yah, but was he a earth dragon in the start, like spyro was a fire dragon.
    Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
    #43 Posted: 17:33:24 11/07/2008
    Huh? Spyro was never a fire dragon. If you mean he learned how to breath fire then your right.
    #44 Posted: 17:52:32 11/07/2008
    yah.
    #45 Posted: 20:09:07 11/07/2008
    The DM was never an earth dragon, he mastered fire first like Spyro.
    ---
    Last edited at 20:09:32 11/07/2008 by Spyro LUVA
    Anonymous Fodder
    #46 Posted: 21:04:57 11/07/2008
    I think DM is a DARK dragon since he was in the convexity
    #47 Posted: 00:15:00 12/07/2008
    He is a purple dragon gone evil.
    ---
    #48 Posted: 15:38:37 12/07/2008
    The DM was never an earth dragon, he mastered fire first like Spyro.

prove it.
    EmeraldDragon Blue Sparx Gems: 881
    #49 Posted: 16:36:26 12/07/2008
    The Chronicler said he mastered Fire.
    ---
    Sometimes you have to let go of someone...if they really love you, they'll come back
    #50 Posted: 17:00:47 12/07/2008
    ^Yep.
    ---
    Page 1 of 2 | Last
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me