Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > wats everyonbe got against TEN?
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
wats everyonbe got against TEN? [CLOSED]
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#1 Posted: 08:32:56 24/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Hey, iv just been noticing that when it comes to TEN. Most pplz are negative. I dont see why, I luvd the game. Had the best attacks out of all 3 for Spyro as well. So why does everyone not like it?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#2 Posted: 09:13:06 24/09/2009
And what I want to know is why do so many people love TEN? T_T

You just press the same button over and over again, making it too repeative and boring. It is too dark and dramatic, it's the opposite to what Spyro really is. And the main character doesn't want to have fun at all, that is defiantly NOT the Spyro I know off. And he doesn't even have a personality. Not to mention his eyes are too big and 'googly'... The music is too dramatic and it is like playing through ANB again but the levels are different. Then there is the fantards that are too obsess in TLOS. There immature, and if you say one little thing about the game, they go crazy. There like Twilight fan girls. Then there is the SxC fan that go crazy over them being together, and then there is the Cynder fantards that drool all over her! There is more too why I hate it, but this is all I'm saying. But I will tell you one thing, I'm starting to like other games like Pokemon and Zelda more then Spyro because off what it has turned into.

It's all about opinions people. All about opinions....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Dark Cynder_27 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#3 Posted: 09:19:21 24/09/2009
Me? I love TEN expecily Dark Spyro...|D I dunno why people hate it still...smilie
#4 Posted: 09:25:32 24/09/2009
^ *cough* Please read my post and you will find I why.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Dark Cynder_27 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#5 Posted: 09:26:55 24/09/2009
Yesh I know...but I mean some people say it's like ANB...it's a bit like it but mostly not...smilie
#6 Posted: 11:01:41 24/09/2009
I think it is like ANB. Same old button mashing. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Dragon-Stone Blue Sparx Gems: 999
#7 Posted: 14:09:23 24/09/2009
Why does people hate it?

I agree with you Cynder_543 that there i a lot of fighting but it's just COOL!!! smilie and i can't see what there is to hate about that wonderfull game smilie
---
smilie Ride out this storm. And live, to fight another day...
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#8 Posted: 17:30:11 24/09/2009
Quote: Cynder_543

You just press the same button over and over again, making it too repeative and boring. It is too dark and dramatic, it's the opposite to what Spyro really is. And the main character doesn't want to have fun at all, that is defiantly NOT the Spyro I know off. And he doesn't even have a personality. Not to mention his eyes are too big and 'googly'... The music is too dramatic and it is like playing through ANB again but the levels are different. Then there is the fantards that are too obsess in TLOS. There immature, and if you say one little thing about the game, they go crazy. There like Twilight fan girls. Then there is the SxC fan that go crazy over them being together, and then there is the Cynder fantards that drool all over her! There is more too why I hate it, but this is all I'm saying. But I will tell you one thing, I'm starting to like other games like Pokemon and Zelda more then Spyro because off what it has turned into.

THIS. JUST THIS.

Seriously, you covered everything that I disliked about TEN.
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#9 Posted: 19:21:41 24/09/2009
Yeah, Cynder_543 pretty much said it, pretty much the reason why I disliked it.
Plus, it's too tedious and frustrating. Long and frustrating but I played through it anyway.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#10 Posted: 19:27:00 24/09/2009
TEN was the least fave of my TLOS games. It was just a little too difficult and confusing, the story didnt really interest me, and it was too dark. Although it was an alright game, i personally like DOTD better.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#11 Posted: 19:54:57 24/09/2009

A hearty amen to all of that!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#12 Posted: 20:05:26 24/09/2009

Excactly smilie. It was just so... Urgh!
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#13 Posted: 20:35:23 24/09/2009
You do realize you can take any game out there and articulate the negative to high levels, right?
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#14 Posted: 20:36:52 24/09/2009
Why not articulate the good to high levels AJ?
---
#15 Posted: 20:43:17 24/09/2009
Because I don't like sugar coating. See here:

The Insomniac games are redundant collection of fetch quests set to crappy PSX music with mediocre voice acting.

The Genesis Sonic was basically "run really fast and jump every once in a while" with really crappy engine settings to make things move as fast possible.

If people don't egg me on or others on, I just let the facts go as is... but I'm reactive and reflective.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#16 Posted: 21:42:13 24/09/2009
People hate TEN because...

THEY JUST SUCK!

IGN gave TEN a bad rating because of it's difficulty, and a few people from SF "reviewed" TEN and they ranked it low because of it and even one that I know of had headaches playing it.
#17 Posted: 22:19:43 24/09/2009
You mean they thought it was too hard? It wasn't not even close!

And no one sucks because of thier opinion. Is it fair of me to say you suck because you like that pic in your avvi and I don't?
---
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#18 Posted: 22:49:43 24/09/2009
I actually liked it because it had a dark storyline. Also, I do not like sugar coated stories at all.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#19 Posted: 22:58:38 24/09/2009
What's wrong with lighthearted comedy? Eh whatever, your opnion.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#20 Posted: 23:18:29 24/09/2009
What's Wrong with Walt disney.....I tell you what it sucks.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#21 Posted: 01:21:26 25/09/2009
Well let me give you something, some people don't mature when watching videos/playing games. That includes difficulty, theme, plot, and clever planning of lines.

Which Spyro hasn't mastered all of yet.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#22 Posted: 01:55:35 25/09/2009
I like TEN in the GBA version
#23 Posted: 02:02:11 25/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

It's usually over-done. Like, too many lame puns and rude jokes overdone.

Comedy is a lot like romance; you want enough to keep people interested but not so much that whatever the story is becomes cheezy, especially if you're trying for appealing to a large demographic composed of people 16+...

Besides, you can't beat Vaudeville comedy (Cue Classic Looney Tunes).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#24 Posted: 06:01:38 25/09/2009
Quote: Doppel

THEY JUST SUCK!

IT'S THERE OPINION!
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#25 Posted: 06:13:29 25/09/2009

Sorry, I am not just into comedy most of the time. Also, I respect your opinion that you like the Originals better than the TLoS series.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:03 25/09/2009 by ShadowDragon91
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#26 Posted: 08:34:09 25/09/2009
People like ANB because it was new and exiting, they proberly wern;'t expecting it.

They like DOTD because it was different, you could play as Cynder and there was free flight.

In TEN, the enimies where the same as the ones in ANB, and nothing really changed but the plot.

I liked the plot.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#27 Posted: 10:24:19 25/09/2009
I got a better idea..Lets all play GEARS OF WAR 2 SLUG FEST
#28 Posted: 15:35:25 25/09/2009

THEY JUST SUCK!

IGN gave TEN a bad rating because of it's difficulty, and a few people from SF "reviewed" TEN and they ranked it low because of it and even one that I know of had headaches playing it.

Blarg, not this again. Did you even read Cynder_543's post? There are some perfectly valid reasons to dislike the game other than "they suck." I found TEN quite easy, actually.

I shall list them again:

*Too dark/serious
*Repetitive
*Linear
*Cliche plot
*Didn't like the combat style

Of course, most of them are opinions, but I do not suck just because I didn't like the freaking game! Think of a very easy game that you didn't like. Did you hate it because you sucked at it? Of course not!

I don't get this about you. You seem sensible and logical enough about everything else, but when it comes to someone having a different opinion than you about LoS, you're totally irrational. It pisses me off; stop acting like an effing fantard, seriously. =/
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:42:31 25/09/2009 by Stormy
#29 Posted: 16:10:26 25/09/2009
Well said Stormy, I agree.
---
#30 Posted: 17:12:40 25/09/2009
Quote: Jackson117
I got a better idea..Lets all play GEARS OF WAR 2 SLUG FEST

Hellz Yeah! I'm up for a shooting fest with friends at the moment, just as long as everything looks realistic and not like a coffee filter was dripped all over everything.

LOL at the real-is-brown philosophy. You guys do realize they are really purple houses in real life right? =P
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#31 Posted: 18:49:56 25/09/2009
Quote: Stormy
*big Stormy post*

Haha, this reminds me of my days back on SF. smilie

Anyway, serious time:
While it is repetitive, I haven't played any harder game than it so I liked it. (that was until I played Ignition and Portable2) I liked the combat style (though Okami's combat style is very creative) and the plot, while very weak did bridge ANB and DotD together. My Opinion.

Also, about the final paragraph, here's a hint: Look at my name.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:50:39 25/09/2009 by Doppel
#32 Posted: 19:25:41 25/09/2009
^Well being as I haven't played it yet, I can't say much. Chances are I'll blow through it like every other Spyro game out there.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#33 Posted: 20:15:36 25/09/2009
*big Stormy post*

Haha, this reminds me of my days back on SF. smilie

Anyway, serious time:
While it is repetitive, I haven't played any harder game than it so I liked it. (that was until I played Ignition and Portable2) I liked the combat style (though Okami's combat style is very creative) and the plot, while very weak did bridge ANB and DotD together. My Opinion.

Also, about the final paragraph, here's a hint: Look at my name.

Whatever, just quit it with the generalizations, OK? You like it, some people don't, but it doesn't mean they "suck"; that's just plain ignorant and I'm not going to put up with ******** like that without arguing.
#34 Posted: 20:57:47 25/09/2009
^LOL Spyro fandumb is dumb.

Doesn't anyone actually, you know, just play all the games and enjoy them as is and accept the short comings? I mean, it's only 11 years-old franchise for crying out loud!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#35 Posted: 21:03:54 25/09/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
^LOL Spyro fandumb is dumb.

Doesn't anyone actually, you know, just play all the games and enjoy them as is and accept the short comings? I mean, it's only 11 years-old franchise for crying out loud!

Whut. Fail troll is fail.

Just because it's Spyro and I happened to like some old games that were also called Spyro does not mean I should like every game with the name "Spyro." They're completely different. Really, the only thing that's the same is that they both star a purple dragon with a sidekick yellow dragonfly.

It doesn't make logical sense that I should blindly follow wherever the franchise goes. I take each game for what it is, not "Oh, it's a Spyro game and I used to like Spyro games, therefore I must like this game no matter what the gameplay is like!!!!111"

I just don't like that style of game, is all. I can live with a few flaws. Hell, I'd never claim that the original games are free of short-comings; it's just that I can live with them because I like that style of game better.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:23 25/09/2009 by Stormy
#36 Posted: 23:19:38 25/09/2009
Indeed I am a fail troll...

However, constantly painting Insomniac's games as golden, especially when they were other games in its time and before its time that did better is kind of redundant, especially since history is going to probably dump the games (not nostalgia though obviously, but nostalgia is always a moronic thing anyway).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#37 Posted: 02:12:14 26/09/2009
What do you mean nostaligia is moronic? And what do you mean that history is going to dump the games?
---
#38 Posted: 03:40:19 26/09/2009

However, constantly painting Insomniac's games as golden, especially when they were other games in its time and before its time that did better is kind of redundant, especially since history is going to probably dump the games (not nostalgia though obviously, but nostalgia is always a moronic thing anyway).

I just don't like that style of game, is all. I can live with a few flaws. Hell, I'd never claim that the original games are free of short-comings; it's just that I can live with them because I like that style of game better.

OK, now find me one time where I claimed the Insomniac games were "golden" or perfect. That's right, nowhere. I've never said that, nor will you ever read a post where I say that. Of course they have flaws, just like everything else, including LoS.

I happen to think, however, that the originals are some of the best games I've ever played. You may not agree. And that is perfectly OK. The problem arises when people like you and Doppel start making ignorant generalizations and attacks such as the ones above, just because you happen to think differently than me.

Besides, that's not even remotely related to what you were accusing me of before. Your point in your last post was basically that I'm "dumb" for not liking all games with the "Spyro" label on them, and now you're changing direction. Not that I'm complaining because that failed attempt at an insult made absolutely zero sense.

Now I'm talking to the forums in general now, not just you and Doppel: Do I really have to write "THIS IS JUST MY OPINION GUIZE DONT FLAME ME!!!!111" on all of my posts to avoid being attacked? Because quite frankly, it's ridiculous and I'm getting sick of it. Accept that other people have different opinions than you do and freaking move on instead of coming up with brainless insults like "LOL UR DUMB" and "you suck".

What do you mean nostaligia is moronic? And what do you mean that history is going to dump the games?

And also, this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:18 26/09/2009 by Stormy
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#39 Posted: 03:48:43 26/09/2009
It was boring, the bonuses don't do anything, its hard and fustrating, its the worst TLOS game ever.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#40 Posted: 03:49:59 26/09/2009
Meh. Last time I played through the LoS games, TEN was my favorite. Since the gameplay on all three is average at best, I only ever played for the story and whatnot. Of the three games. TEN's title, atmosphere, mood, art design, music and story all fit the best and were the most consistent. Also, Gaul's not so bad looking for an old ape guy. smilie
#41 Posted: 03:50:17 26/09/2009
Stormy:

Hey, at least I didn't snap at anyone directly.

Quote: ignitusforever
It was boring, the bonuses don't do anything, its hard and fustrating, its the worst TLOS game ever.

Hm.
#42 Posted: 03:55:46 26/09/2009
Stormy:

Hey, at least I didn't snap at anyone directly.

Quote: ignitusforever

Hm.

Her opinion. Not everyone thinks that, and it certainly doesn't justify you saying that everyone who doesn't like TEN "sucks."

And stop trying to justify yourself. I don't take ******** in any form, especially not stereotypes.

Edit: Whoops, "her," not "his."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:59 26/09/2009 by Stormy
#43 Posted: 04:46:49 26/09/2009
Oooo! Stereotypes! Such an appropriate word! I have committed discrimination against people who don't like TEN!

[100% Sarcastic]

Seriously though: When did I attack you? Or did my comments were so true that you got affected?

(Why the hell am I even saying this...)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:18 26/09/2009 by Doppel
#44 Posted: 05:04:28 26/09/2009
Oooo! Stereotypes! Such an appropriate word! I have committed discrimination against people who don't like TEN!

[100% Sarcastic]

Seriously though: When did I attack you? Or did my comments were so true that you got affected?

(Why the hell am I even saying this...)

You are stereotyping all the people who dislike LoS as also being horrible at it.

It's not so much the fact that you insulted my game-playing abilities as that you're being completely obtuse and ignoring all the other posts which gave valid reasons.

Maybe "stereotyping" isn't quite the right word. I don't know and I don't really care right now either. I'm tired, and you know what I meant.
#45 Posted: 05:05:25 26/09/2009

OK, now find me one time where I claimed the Insomniac games were "golden" or perfect. That's right, nowhere. I've never said that, nor will you ever read a post where I say that. Of course they have flaws, just like everything else, including LoS.

I happen to think, however, that the originals are some of the best games I've ever played. You may not agree. And that is perfectly OK. The problem arises when people like you and Doppel start making ignorant generalizations and attacks such as the ones above, just because you happen to think differently than me.

Besides, that's not even remotely related to what you were accusing me of before. Your point in your last post was basically that I'm "dumb" for not liking all games with the "Spyro" label on them, and now you're changing direction. Not that I'm complaining because that failed attempt at an insult made absolutely zero sense.

Now I'm talking to the forums in general now, not just you and Doppel: Do I really have to write "THIS IS JUST MY OPINION GUIZE DONT FLAME ME!!!!111" on all of my posts to avoid being attacked? Because quite frankly, it's ridiculous and I'm getting sick of it. Accept that other people have different opinions than you do and freaking move on instead of coming up with brainless insults like "LOL UR DUMB" and "you suck".

And also, this.

Well let me see, anytime anyone who says the originals are inferior to Sierra's games, you (referring to the Insomniac version fans) attack them explaining that they have no idea what a good game is and think that they're too immature and have no sense of humor (or else compare them to Twilight fans, or something else up and coming), and when you're not attacking anyone, you're still painting up the first games as if they're the greatest thing made, completely unaware that there were in fact, better written and created games made at that time and before hand.

It seems that people have very valid reasons to hate the originals, and as I've found doing the research on these things, people don't mind the changes (as long as it's still a platforming game and not a racing game or a party game) and don't mind the story, darker atmosphere, and soundtrack. The originals have dated very poorly, mostly because of how typical it was even in its day, a professional game creator has said this, several other people in the gaming community said it.

It's not so much the fact that if you play them or not, but it's more the fact when people act like its modern day gold awarding. Face it (going with the whole history will dump it track here), are people going to care about some average quality game from 1998 in 2019? 2029? 2040? No, it will eventually be forgotten because of how unmemorable it was, it's just simply human history. Granted, there will be some people who will bug us about it, just like those baby boomers of the 50s did about their childhoods (and completely forgetting the major problems of the decade), but eventually they died off, in which the real truth eventually came out.

Now I really don't care all of what you have to say about my thoughts, after all, if I am such an idiot with all these things I have discovered about the truth about what really happened behind the scenes of the games, you shouldn't respond, because I'm just some stupid guy who has no idea what "real" gaming is.

As for Doppel, well, he's just Doppel.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#46 Posted: 05:20:36 26/09/2009
Quote:
Well let me see, anytime anyone who says the originals are inferior to Sierra's games, you (referring to the Insomniac version fans) attack them explaining that they have no idea what a good game is

Again, show me where. I don't do this. I simply state reasons I don't like LoS games and reasons I like the old ones.

Quote:
and think that they're too immature and have no sense of humor

An opinion, yet again. You're perfectly free to disagree.

Quote:
(or else compare them to Twilight fans, or something else up and coming),

I'm comparing the rabid fans to Twitards, not all LoS fans. You know, the ones who go bat**** insane when you say anything negative about LoS or Cynder.

Quote:
and when you're not attacking anyone,

Woah, woah, woah. Time out. Who's attacking whom here? Last time I checked I was simply stating my opinion and started getting flamed for it, then I backed myself up. Unless you're talking about me "attacking" the game itself. =/

Quote:
you're still painting up the first games as if they're the greatest thing made, completely unaware that there were in fact, better written and created games made at that time and before hand.

Ugh, how many times do I have to say it? Your. Freaking. Opinion. If you don't think they're great, I don't care, but it's not going to stop me from giving reasons why I like them.

Quote:
It seems that people have very valid reasons to hate the originals, and as I've found doing the research on these things, people don't mind the changes (as long as it's still a platforming game and not a racing game or a party game) and don't mind the story, darker atmosphere, and soundtrack.

Cool. I have no problem with this.

Quote:
The originals have dated very poorly, mostly because of how typical it was even in its day, a professional game creator has said this, several other people in the gaming community said it.

They've gotten very good reviews from most gaming sites I've seen, and I've heard them described as revolutionary the way the 3D worlds were set up. But either way, it's irrelevant. If you think they suck, that's OK with me.

Quote:
It's not so much the fact that if you play them or not, but it's more the fact when people act like its modern day gold awarding.

Who cares? It's their opinion, and they're entitled to it. If you said Eternal Night was the best game ever made and the originals were complete piles of crap, would I be calling you "dumb"? Hell no.

Quote:
Face it (going with the whole history will dump it track here), are people going to care about some average quality game from 1998 in 2019? 2029? 2040? No, it will eventually be forgotten because of how unmemorable it was, it's just simply human history. Granted, there will be some people who will bug us about it, just like those baby boomers of the 50s did about their childhoods (and completely forgetting the major problems of the decade), but eventually they died off, in which the real truth eventually came out.

How is this at all relevant? When did anyone say people would care about any Spyro games in the year 2019?

Quote:
Now I really don't care all of what you have to say about my thoughts, after all, if I am such an idiot with all these things I have discovered about the truth about what really happened behind the scenes of the games, you shouldn't respond, because I'm just some stupid guy who has no idea what "real" gaming is.

I didn't say you were an idiot either. Or that you don't know what "real" gaming is. Please stop putting words into my mouth.

Quote:
As for Doppel, well, he's just Doppel.

Well, at least we agree on something.
#47 Posted: 05:24:35 26/09/2009
Obviously my question was answered....
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#48 Posted: 05:29:06 26/09/2009
Was that supposed to be sarcasm? I'm not sure which question you're referring to if it was, but I'd be glad to answer it.
#49 Posted: 05:31:28 26/09/2009
Well, ever played an 80s or older game, something like a Commodore 64, Atari 2600, original NES, Game & Watch, Odyssey, or anything made before 1990 at all?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#50 Posted: 05:35:26 26/09/2009
Well, ever played an 80s or older game, something like a Commodore 64, Atari 2600, original NES, Game & Watch, Odyssey, or anything made before 1990 at all?

Yes.

But now I have four questions for you regarding your question.

1. When did you ask this question?
  2. How was I supposed to know to answer it if you never asked it?
  3. How is it relevant?
  4. Are you going to even bother to respond to any of my other, more important rebuttals? If not, I don't think this is worth my time anymore.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me