Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
This HAS to stop! [CLOSED]
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#1 Posted: 07:25:20 06/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Okay, I've noticed this is getting pretty common on here; The second someone says ANYTHING negative about Spyro, they're declared a "Spyro Hater". Really, this NEEDS to stop! People have their own opinions, and to be a Spyro fan, you don't need to love every aspect of every game.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Zxva The Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 982
#2 Posted: 09:04:16 06/06/2009
I see what you mean but I don't think it will stop smilie
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#3 Posted: 09:09:20 06/06/2009
to many noob on this site i hate noobs
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#4 Posted: 18:19:12 06/06/2009
Yeah, I don't like the Spyro games now, but it doesn't mean I hate Spyro.
Lavagolem Blue Sparx Gems: 979
#5 Posted: 18:36:22 06/06/2009
YEAH! I hate TLoS, but I love the old games.
---
I have lost all faith in the gaming industry. ¬__¬
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#6 Posted: 23:42:07 06/06/2009
I have seen lots off people saying that latly...

Person 1: I think the Spyro movie will fail....
Person 2: OMG!!! YOU ARE NOT A TRUE SPYRO FAN! YOU SPYRO HATER!!!

^ That is what I have seen people saying when someone says "I think the movie will fail" smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#7 Posted: 01:19:09 07/06/2009
Agreed, There's been enough.

Even as far as the details.
---
Don't mess with JAK
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#8 Posted: 02:35:50 07/06/2009
Yeah, it greatly annoys me...

TOPIC A:

Person A: I hope they make a new Spyro game!

ME: Sorry, Activision will only make Spyro appear in a Guitar Hero game... (lame joke)

Person B: OMG YOU R EVIL!!

TOPIC B:

Person A: I can't wait for the Spyro movie.

ME: It's going to be the Super Mario Bros. of the current generation...

Person B: YOU HATE SPYRO NOW GO AWAY!
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#9 Posted: 02:46:49 07/06/2009
^ I have found a good exsample simular to that. smilie

Quote: xxCynderxx
your not Spyro fans.
Wana know why?
because Spyro fans dont say nasty things about his stuff like games and movies

He he he he he......
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#10 Posted: 03:00:45 07/06/2009
I don't like Mario... but I play his games...
I hate that Pikachu... but I play Pokemon still...
I hate Fat O'Donnell, but I tolerate Panther and Leon in Starfox.
I don't really like some of the art style... but I play Earthbound...

Yeah, so therefore, I HATE something all together just because I don't like one aspect of it, that makes sense...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#11 Posted: 06:58:33 07/06/2009
Oh, and the people who say those things always seem to be the n00b type....

I also hate it when people say "A true Spyro fan would...". I makes me irratated when people talk about that lode off balony....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#12 Posted: 08:28:51 07/06/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
^ I have found a good exsample simular to that. smilie

Quote: xxCynderxx
your not Spyro fans.
Wana know why?
because Spyro fans dont say nasty things about his stuff like games and movies

He he he he he......

you found a noob smilie
#13 Posted: 10:01:02 07/06/2009
And here is another person who said something simlar to that.....

Quote: irondmandragon
you suck so hard that.... that spyro will slam you to the ground spyro hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty more were that came from....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#14 Posted: 10:19:52 07/06/2009
smilie LMFAO the purple pixsels will kill you D: smilie
seros Diamond Sparx Gems: 7724
#15 Posted: 14:54:39 07/06/2009
Jeeze do people understand freedom of speech and everyone has there own opinions.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#16 Posted: 15:46:42 07/06/2009
holy crap thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is *** me off. but it won't stop as long as 11 year olds think you have to love spyro no matter what
---
This old place has changed too much
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#17 Posted: 00:35:42 08/06/2009
They're like those Gamecube fanboys who are willing to fight to the death for a worthless cause. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#18 Posted: 02:26:17 08/06/2009
Quote: HIR
They're like those Gamecube fanboys who are willing to fight to the death for a worthless cause. >.>

A cause is only worthless if you believe it's so.

Now while I personally am a die-hard Spyro fan, I know how to admit flaws mainly because I've played many other games just as much as I have Spyro, and most of them follow along the same lines. It's true that a true fan stands behind what they believe in., however, there is a fine line between being a really good fan of something, and becoming obsessive compulsive about it. But as it's been stated, freedom of speech, and rights to opinions. while it's the most basic right, it's the one that is the most responsible for situation like this because most of the time BOTH sides involved start getting immature.

Everyone here in this topic is guilty of being immature, myself included, in the fact that it takes more than one person to create a hostile topic. Everyone needs to star being more mature about things like this and realize:

"Hey you know what, it's not just the obsessives or the die hard fans, nor the originals or even the haters that's causing the problem individually." it takes EVERYONE to make something a problem, and it takes reactions to feed a troll which from what I've seen, everyone here, has become a troll in an extent because I think in my time on this site I've only seen maybe one or two topics where there hasn't been a clash of views. Most of which are in the TLoS, General, and Movie Forums. Instead of everyone blaiming each other first, maybe the first place everyone here should turn to is themselves, because everyone here is just as guilty to adding fulel to the fire as anyone else is.
#19 Posted: 02:39:20 08/06/2009
Eventually, all this fussing over a bunch of pixels will result in us as a whole being laughed at be the others who see us.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#20 Posted: 03:18:02 08/06/2009
Quote: Elazar

Now while I personally am a die-hard Spyro fan, I know how to admit flaws mainly because I've played many other games just as much as I have Spyro, and most of them follow along the same lines. It's true that a true fan stands behind what they believe in., however, there is a fine line between being a really good fan of something, and becoming obsessive compulsive about it. But as it's been stated, freedom of speech, and rights to opinions. while it's the most basic right, it's the one that is the most responsible for situation like this because most of the time BOTH sides involved start getting immature.

Everyone here in this topic is guilty of being immature, myself included, in the fact that it takes more than one person to create a hostile topic. Everyone needs to star being more mature about things like this and realize:

"Hey you know what, it's not just the obsessives or the die hard fans, nor the originals or even the haters that's causing the problem individually." it takes EVERYONE to make something a problem, and it takes reactions to feed a troll which from what I've seen, everyone here, has become a troll in an extent because I think in my time on this site I've only seen maybe one or two topics where there hasn't been a clash of views. Most of which are in the TLoS, General, and Movie Forums. Instead of everyone blaiming each other first, maybe the first place everyone here should turn to is themselves, because everyone here is just as guilty to adding fulel to the fire as anyone else is.

You obiusly don't under stand. (- _ -);

People think that your a Spyro hater if you don't like one single Spyro game. They flame you, calling you a Spyro hater and they use caps lock and everything. I don't see nothing wrong about this topic. Were only trying to stop the imature people from saying "OMG! YOU SPYRO HATER!!! YO DUN LIKE TEH MOVIE! YOUR NOT A SPYRO FAN!!!!"
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#21 Posted: 05:12:48 08/06/2009
And yet who are the ones feeding the fire here? Would it not be the ones who are attacking them back?

If you think about it. This thread is an attack thread that specifically targets the fans that are obsessive compulsive over spyro, you think that they aren't going to noticed this and become even more of a problem?

An old saying goes the screams the loudest gets the attention, but what happens when everyone is screaming? Guess what, nothing gets solve and everyone is right back where they began.

Which is one of the reason I've become more of a lurker than a poster until things die down. and when I do post, It's usually once in a topic to just point out an opinion. Then I leave it be. If everyone would just voice their opinions instead of getting heated about it when someone challenges it, then things would eventually die down.
#22 Posted: 05:19:55 08/06/2009
And yet who are the ones feeding the fire here? Would it not be the ones who are attacking them back?

If you think about it. This thread is an attack thread that specifically targets the fans that are obsessive compulsive over spyro, you think that they aren't going to noticed this and become even more of a problem?

An old saying goes the screams the loudest gets the attention, but what happens when everyone is screaming? Guess what, nothing gets solve and everyone is right back where they began.

Which is one of the reason I've become more of a lurker than a poster until things die down. and when I do post, It's usually once in a topic to just point out an opinion. Then I leave it be. If everyone would just voice their opinions instead of getting heated about it when someone challenges it, then things would eventually die down.

Well I had my own opinion. And I believe this topic is nesersary. Better to do something then don't do anything at all.

And it's my opinion so I don't expect any complaints....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#23 Posted: 07:09:45 08/06/2009
Suit yourself. I can't say what is right or wrong, but I'll just return to sitting back and enjoying the fireworks.
#24 Posted: 07:51:53 08/06/2009
Suit yourself. I can't say what is right or wrong, but I'll just return to sitting back and enjoying the fireworks.

May I join you? I have popcorn. 8D
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#25 Posted: 14:40:48 08/06/2009
Sure, after all, they'll be plenty of chaos to go around. Might as well share some of it.
#26 Posted: 02:00:38 09/06/2009

And yet, you just responded to a simple, one sentence comparison I made with a mini-rant, and it wasn't even about Spyro, just about some of the overly-obsessive fans. Is that not adding "fuel to the fire," which you say is a bad thing? Maybe I'm trolling to try and attract attention by insulting Spyro fanboys. >.>
---
#27 Posted: 02:41:49 09/06/2009

And yet, you just responded to a simple, one sentence comparison I made with a mini-rant, and it wasn't even about Spyro, just about some of the overly-obsessive fans. Is that not adding "fuel to the fire," which you say is a bad thing? Maybe I'm trolling to try and attract attention by insulting Spyro fanboys. >.>

With all due respect sir, this entire topic technically has nothing to do with Spyro, but with they're fans. Your original statement itself was about a Game cube. I ask you sir, how that is related to Spyro?

Also, there is a difference between a "rant" and an "observation". A rant is completely completely one-sided, while an observation takes everything thing in as a whole. I addressed the whole problem, not just part of it.

with that, I bid farewell.
#28 Posted: 04:30:07 09/06/2009

With all due respect sir, this entire topic technically has nothing to do with Spyro, but with they're fans. Your original statement itself was about a Game cube. I ask you sir, how that is related to Spyro?

Also, there is a difference between a "rant" and an "observation". A rant is completely completely one-sided, while an observation takes everything thing in as a whole. I addressed the whole problem, not just part of it.

You can play Spyro games on a Gamecube...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Sam the Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 224
#29 Posted: 14:02:21 09/06/2009
Quote: Zxva The Dragon
I see what you mean but I don't think it will stop smilie

EVER!!!!!!!
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#30 Posted: 15:38:33 09/06/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Okay, I've noticed this is getting pretty common on here; The second someone says ANYTHING negative about Spyro, they're declared a "Spyro Hater". Really, this NEEDS to stop! People have their own opinions, and to be a Spyro fan, you don't need to love every aspect of every game.

AGREED! I feel that Spyro is better than TLoS but people say: OH YOU HATE TLOS! UGH! I get sick of that. I agree we should stop saying someone's a Spyro hater because they do not like something in spyro
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#31 Posted: 10:49:45 11/06/2009
Well, these things happen when 7 year olds get there hands on the computer and get onto the internet... smilie

I just don't see why people say things like that. And it's usualy the TLOS fans who are the n00b type that say those things.... They should know by now that you only need to like one Spyro game to be a Spyro fan.....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#32 Posted: 13:37:13 11/06/2009
I hate the LoS series, I guess that means I'm a Spyro hater. Go soak your heads...
#33 Posted: 15:34:16 11/06/2009
OMGS you hATz sPyroz Imah Likes GoNnA KEEL YoU=NOOB ALERT D:
xSPYROTHEDRAGON Green Sparx Gems: 435
#34 Posted: 15:52:16 11/06/2009
In my opinion It does not matter if someone likes the games as long as he's a spyro fan.
but what really annoys me is, that the ones who dont like Spyro (haters) are attacking and abusing us Spyro fanssmilie why cant they just shut up?
---
My Deviantart
spirits never die, that why I'll persist forever!
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#35 Posted: 15:56:30 11/06/2009
I remember on SpyroForum some kid called me a Spyro hater because I paired Spyro up with Flame.

It was funny.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#36 Posted: 15:58:24 11/06/2009
people who do this are just cursorilysmilie
---
My Deviantart
#37 Posted: 16:07:33 11/06/2009
I just wish that people here could go about their buisness. Complaining about the games wont do any good, and most likely has little effect on what the next game is like.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#38 Posted: 16:21:03 11/06/2009
absolutely right! If they have any problems with the games they should send them to the producers of the games instead of annoying us here with their problems-.-

ok, surely it isnt prohibited and it's also ok if people have a forum where they can disucuss about how the game could be made better but if someone writes thingfs like'spyro games suck or something else it just sucks
---
My Deviantart
#39 Posted: 16:29:00 11/06/2009
Well, it's kinda like the character voices. One person says they like it, the next, dosn't.

Get over it.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#40 Posted: 19:51:56 11/06/2009

Well, aside from ETD, AHT and ANB being Gamecube, I was comparing the over obsessive Spyro fans (specifically the ones going crazy about LoS) with the over obsessive fans of the Nintendo Gamecube. The Gamecube was a third-rate console but it still hard a large group of diehard fanboys who would fight to the death and instigate massive flame wars (some of which I've participated in) to defend the "honor of the Gamecube." At present time, The Legend of Spyro trilogy is a mediocre mini-series whose most recent game was an utter disappointment to many long-standing fans of the series. But you have a significant number of Spyro fans (many of whom started playing Spyro games after Insomniac had to give up the license) who are blowing DotD out of proportion. They refuse to listen to any sort of criticism about the game. If you TRY to criticize it, you're bound to get flamed. Among those DotD fanboys are the legion of Cynderists who support Cynder's crappy character development in DotD. They're by far the worst of the fanboys because they do nothing but rant on about how awesome and sexy of a character Cynder is and about how she and Spyro are meant for each other.

Now, that's not to say that the OTHER SIDE doesn't have it's hyperactive people as well. I've noticed many Spyro fans (myself included on occasion) that harshly criticize DotD and refuse to accept opinions of people who consider the game "good" in any way, shape or form. The point is, I was comparing DotD fanboys to Gamecube fanboys, because both have been making such a big deal over something that isn't even a trivial matter. The Gamecube was not fantastic... DotD was by no means fantastic either.
---
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#41 Posted: 19:59:51 11/06/2009
I don't find anything wrong with disliking one version of something (e.g. Spyro), but considering if they give a fair opinion on it and yet get bear mauled, that's pretty bad. That's the equivalent of saying 'Hey, I hate cigars, but I love normal cigarettes' and getting your arse handed to you.

But still, if we phrase our dislikes badly, it pretty much gives us the fair reason to call them 'haters' or somewhat. E.g. "TLoS sucks" vs "I dislike TLoS".

Naw, mean?
#42 Posted: 20:23:56 11/06/2009
Then there are those who've played such a wide variety of games and franchises over a long span of time that they can point out how everything has both a pro and a con.

To put it mildly, the Spyro series from measure one wasn't all that good to begin with. Sure, the legends are good and have good music, but let's stack that up to MGS 4, or Sim City 4 Deluxe, or Mother 3 along with many other games within this generation; it's stuck in the mid range of okay and good thanks to it's lacking gameplay and annoying VAs (I'm looking at you Elijah and Christi! go back to Hollywood and leave it to the real VAs to do their job [cue Cullen moment]). Seriously, the legends are okay, but there's Mario, Pokemon, Starfox, and who else knows what's out there; some of these have already proved themselves novel beyond belief (I think that SC 4 Deluxe and Earthbound are probably the greatest games I've ever played).

Another thing that bugs me is that those said Cyndertards can't stop saying how sexy and cool DotD Cynder is. First off, A teenage character is not sexy in anyway, shape, or form. Personally, I prefer her adult/dark version (although its most likely just adult) anyway, and for all the artwork and stories that I write, it's all that I ever use.

Oh yeah, and Cree Summers > Christina Ricci by way more than a long shot. A trained VA is just simply better for the job as opposed to a live actor. Of course, the whole ink suit actor business ticks me off as well, just as much as the regional rifts and pigeonholed instrumentation, but those are two completely different topics that I'll save for when they are right.

Finally, I'd like to say that just because I think the movie is going to bomb doesn't mean that I am a Spyro hater. Seriously, has anyone actually watched the Super Mario Bros. movie or the Tomb Raider movies?! Not to mention Uwe Bowl?! To put it truthfully; video game movies suck, no matter what they may be. Sure, the trilogy can be played in less than week, sure, there's lots of reference material and everything's pretty much all set up for the producers, but you know what? Hollywood hates to do the research! Oh yeah, and don't forgot that in Hollywood, dragons are all for killing.

The shorter tl;dr version:
The old Spyro games aged horribly, the legends are good but they are no way near able to beat Hideo Kojima or Will Wright. Dark Cynder is the "thing" to me and all video game movies will always suck, no exceptions.

The Gamecube was okay, but it could have done better, way better. Thank goodness the Wii has proven innovative... sort of, considering it's wasted potential at the moment.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#43 Posted: 20:27:53 11/06/2009
FINALLY! Somebody else thinks no good can come out of Spyro movie! There are two major truths in this world regarding video games and movies:

1. Movies based around a video game RARELY turn out okay (one in a dark moon, to be more precise)

2. Video games based off of movies (with the exception of a small hand full) completely blow! >.>
---
#44 Posted: 20:29:03 11/06/2009
absolutely your opinion!
Im just asking myself how people could hate spyro games... dislike, ok but hate? why?
---
My Deviantart
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#45 Posted: 20:31:39 11/06/2009
xSPYROTHEDRAGON, your name is stretching the page
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#46 Posted: 20:52:49 11/06/2009 | Topic Creator
There's nothing that can be done about that, Tango...It's a username, those a permanent.
And that'll end up bothering everyone, no doubt...
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#47 Posted: 23:35:44 11/06/2009
sry if that annoys you Tango^^' I didnt knew and I still cant do something against it.
but Im always using the same name so that people, especially friends, directly recognize me :)
---
My Deviantart
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#48 Posted: 00:39:48 12/06/2009
Oh, heres a good one: I like other games as well as Spyro, so therefore I'm a disloyal fan.
#49 Posted: 00:53:39 12/06/2009
I think that there are different sorts of fans this whole fan - no fan thing is a bit more complicated than most people think...
---
My Deviantart
#50 Posted: 01:29:31 12/06/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
Oh, heres a good one: I like other games as well as Spyro, so therefore I'm a disloyal fan.

Well that makes me terribly fickle to the series then... as enjoy numerous other series besides Spyro. XD
---
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me