Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Plotholes of DotD [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 01:52:36 29/03/2009 | Topic Creator
There a few plotholes in DotD, made by the change of game developers. First, how did Spyro and Cynder grow up inside the Time Crystal, when they were still young at the end of TEN when Hunter of Avalar found them? Since they were frozen in time, they can't grow into teenagers. Which probably explains that they haven't aged or grew up a bit in height as the Guardians were still taller than them. They can still free-fly, even if they are young.

Second, how did Cynder get her iron jewelry back on?? They weren't on her in TEN and after she was frozen in time with Spyro at the end of the game. I know, they were suppose to help Cynder face her fears of being Malefor's pawn, but there's got to be a better reason.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:46:40 22/04/2009 by Aura24
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12336
#2 Posted: 02:24:03 29/03/2009
Quote: Aura24
There a few plotholes in DotD, made by the change of game developers. First, how did Spyro and Cynder grow up inside the Time Crystal, when they were still young at the end of TEN when Hunter of Avalar found them? Since they were frozen in time, they can't grow into teenagers. Which probably explains that they haven't aged or grew up a bit in height as the Guardians were still taller than them. They can still free-fly, even if they are young.

Second, how did Cynder get her iron jewelry back on?? They weren't on her in TEN and after she was frozen in time with Spyro at the end of the game. I know, they were suppose to help Cynder face her fears of being Malefor's pawn, but there's got to be a better reason.

Well she put the jewelry back on because she wanted to redeem herself against malefor or something like that, the creators said that, but they said there was no point on wasting a scene showing her putting them back on
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#3 Posted: 02:37:47 29/03/2009 | Topic Creator
I know, but still putting on the jewelry was she was INSIDE the time crystal, doesn't make any sense at all.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#4 Posted: 03:27:26 29/03/2009
In fact it makes it quite retarded.

Unless you played HALO and you beat all the covernant only to Reveal DUN DUN DUN DUN........ THERE ARE MORE
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12336
#5 Posted: 04:14:45 29/03/2009
That is true, they should have show here without them at the beginning when she comes out, but show her finding them or something then going to the next part then show her wearing them smilie
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#6 Posted: 10:58:07 29/03/2009
About this I was thinking too smilie
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
ConvexitySpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1018
#7 Posted: 12:46:24 29/03/2009
Quote: IcelectricSpyro

And me. smilie
This game isn't rational. smilie
---
It's not a lake, it's an ocean.
My deviantART
smiliesmilie Best buddies forevah! \o/
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 12:52:01 29/03/2009
Quote: Spyroboy
That is true, they should have show here without them at the beginning when she comes out, but show her finding them or something then going to the next part then show her wearing them smilie

I think they could have done it like in the cutscene at the end of twilight falls... Like you see Cynder putting them back on whilst Spyro and Hunter are talking in the background and then she goes to join them...
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#9 Posted: 15:41:59 29/03/2009
mabey The Cronicler did some sort of magic thing.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#10 Posted: 15:47:01 29/03/2009
Where did she get them from? Her pockets?
#11 Posted: 16:20:11 29/03/2009 | Topic Creator
I say Sierra should've made DotD by Krome Studios first, then make Spyro and Cynder teenagers and have Cynder's jewelry on her in the next Spyro game by EL. It doesn't make any sense when they suddenly grew INSIDE the time crystal and Cynder having her jewelry on when she didn't at the end of TEN.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:36 29/03/2009 by Aura24
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#12 Posted: 16:58:51 29/03/2009
Quote: Tango

The Cronicler is a guy
#13 Posted: 16:59:51 29/03/2009 | Topic Creator
Tango meant Cynder, torok.
---
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#14 Posted: 17:48:41 29/03/2009
you mst be such a heard coore fan
Observer Ripto Gems: 2225
#15 Posted: 18:35:15 29/03/2009
Quote: torok

The Cronicler is a guy

?????

How is this connected?
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#16 Posted: 20:00:28 29/03/2009
Quote: ConvexitySpyro

And me. smilie

Of course it isnt! It's about dragons fighting wars and stuff! What's rational about any of that?!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#17 Posted: 20:01:56 29/03/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: ConvexitySpyro

And me. smilie

Of course it isnt! It's about dragons fighting wars and stuff! What's rational about any of that?!

Ultimate Sparx ANB rip-off smilie (JK)
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#18 Posted: 20:41:53 29/03/2009
What was screwed up in this game is that Ignitus said there were only two purple dragons: Spyro and Malefor. Yet, just before the battle, Malefor says to Spyro, "I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind, but I assure you, there have been many." And then he goes on, talking about what the others' roles were: "It has been the duty of our predecessors to ressurect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... the bring about the great cleansing."

I somehow think that Malefor is right, maybe not with what the other dragons did, but that they did exsist.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#19 Posted: 20:44:53 29/03/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
What was screwed up in this game is that Ignitus said there were only two purple dragons: Spyro and Malefor. Yet, just before the battle, Malefor says to Spyro, "I'm sure you've been told that I was the first of our kind, but I assure you, there have been many." And then he goes on, talking about what the others' roles were: "It has been the duty of our predecessors to ressurect the Destroyer and the Golems of the deep... the bring about the great cleansing."

I somehow think that Malefor is right, maybe not with what the other dragons did, but that they did exsist.

Well, Ignituse said they only KNEW of two purple dragons. Ignituse didn't know.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#20 Posted: 22:53:11 29/03/2009
Who knows? There ist a real explanation, except Spyro and Cynder are teens in DOTD
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#21 Posted: 03:17:55 30/03/2009 | Topic Creator
If they kept Spyro and Cynder's TEN design, there wouldn't be any plotholes in DotD.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#22 Posted: 01:13:16 31/03/2009
Ah plotholes, always so much fun to debate! It's just more reasoning why ELB shouldn't have developed this game. Hooray for useless debacle! ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#23 Posted: 01:39:43 31/03/2009 | Topic Creator
I heard they were already making DotD by Krome Studios after they finished with TEN, but then suddenly got taken off the project since Sierra merged with Activision. And EL decided to make them teenagers in DotD, instead of keeping their TEN design.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:05 31/03/2009 by Aura24
#24 Posted: 15:52:38 31/03/2009
I heard they were already making DotD by Krome Studios after they finished with TEN, but then suddenly got taken off the project since Sierra merged with Activision. And EL decided to make them teenagers in DotD, instead of keeping their TEN design.

It was because ANB and TEN got bad reviews so they got rid of Krome
#25 Posted: 18:18:09 31/03/2009 | Topic Creator
But still, EL should've kept the TEN design instead of making them teens that would became a plothole in the game.
---
#26 Posted: 01:41:59 01/04/2009
Quote: wanderist

And you don't know how to spell his name, even when it's right in front of you.

Quote: bionicle2809

And made Spyro even worst. I'm not the only one who doesn't like DotD: even the officials don't; at all.
#27 Posted: 06:01:06 01/04/2009
If they kept Spyro and Cynder's TEN design, there wouldn't be any plotholes in DotD.

That would reduce the M rated Fanfics full of lemons and major fluff
#28 Posted: 15:55:22 01/04/2009 | Topic Creator
So? They could've made them teenagers in the next game, until the trilogy is over.
---
#29 Posted: 17:02:13 01/04/2009

i think it was dumb saying "theres only two" then at the end it saying "they were many" i meen it dident make a diffrence its not like

"there were many"

"OOHH MY GOD THERE WHERE MORE THAN 2 THAT SCREWS EVRYTHING UP!!!!!!!!!"
#30 Posted: 16:13:37 02/04/2009
Quote: wanderist

And you don't know how to spell his name, even when it's right in front of you.

And made Spyro even worst. I'm not the only one who doesn't like DotD: even the officials don't; at all.

Spyro was one of the worst charactors ever! I think ony Cynder beats him! (For being a Mary-sue)
The charactor design was ok...but his personality changed to much. In ANB and TEN he was a young dragon who wasn't quite sure what he was capible of. Now it's like...

Ignitus: Go kill Malefor. It's your destiny.
Spyro: Ok.
Ignitus: Go save the moles, it's your destiny.
Cynder: Spyro! We need to save the world by trapping ourselves inside the Earth!

Heck, if someone said.
"Go get some bread from the supermarket, it's your destiny"
He'd do it! He has no charactor now.
#31 Posted: 16:42:37 02/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I prefer the young, naive dragon Spyro was in ANB and TEN, his DotD version is more mature and determined, probably because Malefor returned and wrecked havoc over the world while he and Cynder were sleeping in crystal for three years.
---
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#32 Posted: 17:02:32 02/04/2009

I think the Jewlery or whatever looks awesome. I was almost jelious I didn't have any. The Iron looks so cool.

Quote: shrazer320

I think Malefor was lying, You can't tell the truth if your leading them around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kinda wonder why they don't show their trip to the dragon city, But they show them walking in the underground.

"There's a hole in the plot you can drive a truck through."~Babs Bunny
---
Don't mess with JAK
#33 Posted: 19:24:41 02/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: JAK

I think the Jewlery or whatever looks awesome. I was almost jelious I didn't have any. The Iron looks so cool.

Yeah, but Cynder didn't have the jewelry on her before she was frozen in time with Spyro. Does it make sense how it suddenly appeared on her while she was inside the crystal? A plothole EL should've avoided while making this game.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#34 Posted: 19:25:14 02/04/2009
Yeah, I prefer the young, naive dragon Spyro was in ANB and TEN, his DotD version is more mature and determined, probably because Malefor returned and wrecked havoc over the world while he and Cynder were sleeping in crystal for three years.

Still... I could just see the late Heath Ledger rising out of his grave and asking Spyro "Why so serious?" *shot*

I'm almost kinda glad the reviewers bashed DotD. I consider it an acceptable punishment for doing a developer-swap for the last game IN A TRILOGY. I still think that makes about as much sense as doing your math homework in your science notebook! *brick'd*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#35 Posted: 19:33:32 02/04/2009
Ahh but theycan still turn it into a SAGA. Look at Indy.

Also It's fine to have holes in te plot. It shows that you make it up as you go along. I find it kinda annoying that in some cutsenes Spyro has purple eyes and in some he has cartoon eyes.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#36 Posted: 19:38:50 02/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR

Still... I could just see the late Heath Ledger rising out of his grave and asking Spyro "Why so serious?" *shot*

I'm almost kinda glad the reviewers bashed DotD. I consider it an acceptable punishment for doing a developer-swap for the last game IN A TRILOGY. I still think that makes about as much sense as doing your math homework in your science notebook! *brick'd*

It's the character design in DotD that bugs me sometimes, because of the change of developers. If they had kept the TEN design and still had Spyro and Cynder fly, then there wouldn't be any plotholes.
---
#37 Posted: 19:41:16 02/04/2009
Plotholes appear out of nowhere. and some are a good for explaining an outcome by blaming them. Mel Brooks or WB cartoons where good for that.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#38 Posted: 05:46:29 03/04/2009
Wait at the end of Ten it shows hunter finding them.

WTF if we go with serria's theory that means hunter was standing there For about 6 years just looking at The trio in the Crystal
#39 Posted: 06:02:51 03/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, at the end of TEN, Hunter finds Spyro and Cynder trapped in crystal after his three year search for them. But in DotD, EL made the Grublins find Spyro and Cynder first before Hunter as he follows them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:12:29 03/04/2009 by Aura24
#40 Posted: 13:48:32 03/04/2009
Now do you think they moved the crystal, or ressurected the catacombs/Mt.Malefor/well of souls? I'm not sure what you want to call it.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#41 Posted: 05:15:46 04/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Because of the change of developers, they probably had to suddenly change the scene from Spyro and Cynder being under the rubble of Well of Souls and Hunter finding them and presumably releasing, to the Grublins discovering Spyro and Cynder and releasing them instead, shackling them together with the snake collar.
---
#42 Posted: 09:27:45 04/04/2009
At the end of TEN the walls didn't actualy collapse on them... Just around them... That doesn't mean that they moved the crystal... It was probably always there...
#43 Posted: 19:38:45 04/04/2009
Yeah Your probably right.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#44 Posted: 01:57:17 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator
But the yellow time crystal Spyro and Cynder were frozen in looked like it was already carved out, instead of what it would look like at the end of TEN.
---
#45 Posted: 02:38:02 05/04/2009
Cynder: Spyro! We need to save the world by trapping ourselves inside the Earth!

Heck, if someone said.

XD Yes.

Quote: HIR
I still think that makes about as much sense as doing your math homework in your science notebook! *brick'd*

XD

At the end of TEN the walls didn't actualy collapse on them... Just around them... That doesn't mean that they moved the crystal... It was probably always there...

Then where'd all the debris (LIEK THE TUMBLIN RAWKS) go?
#46 Posted: 02:58:50 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator

They obviously edited them out, instead they made the time crystal look like it was carved out instead of being lodged in the wall of old debrs.
---
#47 Posted: 08:18:58 05/04/2009

In the first cutscene you can see that there are rocks and stuff all around them... Look for yourself, oh wait... I forgot... You got rid of the game as soon as you got iy smilie (JK)
#48 Posted: 10:18:53 05/04/2009
as for the hight thing has it occord to you that iggy and co could have grown up smilie
#49 Posted: 12:57:54 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator
The Guardians were already at full size at ANB and TEN, they're still the same height in DotD cause Spyro and Cynder are still smaller than them. The teen look in the game doesn't mean Spyro and Cynder grew up in height(they were frozen in time), it means that EL wanted to make them teenagers for the game.
---
#50 Posted: 13:40:14 05/04/2009

Heck, if someone said.

XD Yes.

"Spyro! Go run my bath! It's your destiny!"

Now I think about it...Spyro could become your slave with three simple words.
"It's you destiny!"
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me