Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How could anyone HATE Spyro????
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
How could anyone HATE Spyro???? [CLOSED]
dragons Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#1 Posted: 16:13:38 27/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Right okay I set up this topic becuase I am praticly the only one in my class and family who likes Spyro, I'm also probs the only one in my area who likes Spyro...I mean what is up with that??? As in how could you not like Spyro...It just so WEIRD!!!!!
---
!!!SPYRO AND CYNDER RULE!!!
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#2 Posted: 16:42:58 27/02/2009
I don't know smilie SPYRO IS TOTALLY AWESOME!
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#3 Posted: 19:58:50 27/02/2009
Possible answers:

They are weeaboos, and they believe that all things from America and Europe suck.

They are weeaboos, but they don't believe all things American and Europe suck, but they still don't play the games.

They are anti-gamers, and since Spyro was part of the 90s gaming corruption, they hate him.

Some people might be too young.

Some people don't like dragons.

Some people are like Hollywood and find that dragons are only good for slaying.

Some people probably just never played.

That's my possible responses.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#4 Posted: 21:23:32 27/02/2009
They hate LOS Spyro because they can't accept change and want the originals back. Aww, go do a cry.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#5 Posted: 21:26:13 27/02/2009
its called opinion

and i love spyro but i hope he dosent becom like sonic asin relise a new game evry day
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#6 Posted: 21:54:17 27/02/2009
Yep. Its an opinion Doppel. Can't you assept that?

Anyway, I think I might have a reason to why girls hate Spyro (I am the only girl in my school who likes Spyro I think...). There b!tchy, they love make-up, jewllery, fashon and other things. They would think Spyro is for little kids and they would probely throw up if they play one. There just too b!tchy to know that Spyro is a great game. Most people at my school (girls) are like that....

And for the boys..... I don't know.....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#7 Posted: 22:11:07 27/02/2009
Quote: Doppel
They hate LOS Spyro because they can't accept change and want the originals back. Aww, go do a cry.

T___________________T Doppel, shut up.
I've explained this to you multiple times, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. I can accept that Spyro has changed, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. As the people above me said, it's called an opinion, now grow up and stop trolling.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:01 27/02/2009 by Stormy
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#8 Posted: 22:26:50 27/02/2009
There has been many a flame wars over the new Spyro. While button mashing isn't exactly my favourite style of gaming, I suppose that they were trying to adapt to the most recent gamer audience. >.< Why must it all be buttom mashing? Anywho, I can live with the new Spyro. It's either a you love-or-hate-it type thing.

But even though as stated above, I think that button mashing was a good move for Spyro. AHT rolled down and down the gaming market hill, Spyro was losing his popularity. Even if not everyone enjoys this style I think it saved Spyro from death. Unless they ended up releasing a winning title after AHT.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#9 Posted: 23:02:33 27/02/2009
well I have A reason on why people dislike Spyro, They think that the games are annoying. smilie
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#10 Posted: 23:30:33 27/02/2009
hey leve dopple alone hes the one who stood with me in youtube spyro wars whilst you were drelling in fear....
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#11 Posted: 23:37:55 27/02/2009
Yeah, everyone! Leave him/her alone!
i_love_cynder_1 Red Sparx Gems: 76
#12 Posted: 23:40:37 27/02/2009
smilie smilie smilie big fan
---
please call me cynder
i_love_cynder_1 Red Sparx Gems: 76
#13 Posted: 23:41:02 27/02/2009
but i love cynder more
---
please call me cynder
#14 Posted: 00:42:43 28/02/2009
Quote: wanderist

He keeps on trolling the TLOS haters. Do you expect us to sit down and watch as he flames every TLOS hater? smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#15 Posted: 02:36:17 28/02/2009
How many times am I going to have to say this?

SIM CITY SOCIETIES IS THE ONLY TRUE "SCREWED NEW AGE GAMER" GAME.

Seriously, the Legend trilogy is nothing like that. It still has the same feel as the old Spyros, just minus the over-marketing and commercialization. Big whoop-de-do.

Seriously, I think there should be a topic on about how people need to play more varieties of games, then half of the whining would stop.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#16 Posted: 06:54:36 28/02/2009
^Wrong limbo of the lost is fail
#17 Posted: 15:24:54 28/02/2009
Quote:
Seriously, the Legend trilogy is nothing like that. It still has the same feel as the old Spyros, just minus the over-marketing and commercialization. Big whoop-de-do.

The new Spyro doesn't feel anything at all like the old ones... at least not to me. Let's see here:

New Spyro:
Dark, serious feel
Story-based
Linear
Combat
No collectibles or challenges
Spyro character is serious with little personality; Sparx is sarcastic.

Old Spyro:
"Lighter," less serious
Exploration-based
Collectibles, varying challenges
Spyro and Sparx's personalities from TLoS are reversed.

Please note that I'm not saying one is better than the other (besides my opinion, of course).

As I've said, I've played TLoS and didn't like it much. You also sort of contradicted yourself by saying they feel the same and then saying people would like it if they played a variety of games. That's the same as saying they're different, eh?
#18 Posted: 15:27:36 28/02/2009
oooh they changed the carictor well i dobt there gonna have a little fluffy bunny to kill the DM move with the times or you just get left behind
#19 Posted: 15:27:55 28/02/2009
I can have my opinion too, right?

Quote: Stormy

Nope. I'm 15 hours into DotD trying to get 100% complete.

**EDIT: Thank you, Dark Cinder.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:30 28/02/2009 by Doppel
#20 Posted: 15:30:06 28/02/2009
I can have my opinion too, right?

Nope. I'm 15 hours into DotD trying to get 100% complete.

**EDIT: Thank you, Dark Cinder.

Yeah, but you're not saying it very nicely. "Go do a cry"? -__- And exactly how many times have I refuted that "can't accept change" nonsense?

Oh, and I guess you're right about the collectibles thing. I haven't played DotD, so I'm basing my arguments mostly off ANB.

Quote:
oooh they changed the carictor well i dobt there gonna have a little fluffy bunny to kill the DM move with the times or you just get left behind

Huh? I'm not complaining about anything; why are you talking to me that way? I'm just pointing out the differences. =/

And for the record, Doppel, I've re-blocked you on Gmail for the flaming comments above. smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:33:17 28/02/2009 by Stormy
#21 Posted: 15:39:08 28/02/2009
and im just telling you what i think of you diffrences cupcake
#22 Posted: 15:43:41 28/02/2009
I don't see why that made you feel the need to talk to me like I'm five years old....

All the differences I pointed out were based on fact, on what I've noticed about the two different series. I'm not saying anything bad about one or the other, so please calm down. Sheesh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:44:11 28/02/2009 by Stormy
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#23 Posted: 15:50:38 28/02/2009
'Doppelgangonher'. Sorry, felt like blurtting that out.

You know, the original Spyro's were more targetted towards young children, with the bright atmosphere and cheerfulness, but it could also attract in an older audience with it's vast worlds, long hours of play and music. It's like, who couldn't enjoy the game?

Now we head towards The Legend of Spyro. It's darker, more realistic and... repetitive.

I could give a possible reason to why there are haters. They think:

Spyro is overrated.
#24 Posted: 15:55:24 28/02/2009
(1) Yeah, but you're not saying it very nicely. "Go do a cry"? -__- And exactly how many times have I refuted that "can't accept change" nonsense?

(2) Oh, and I guess you're right about the collectibles thing. I haven't played DotD, so I'm basing my arguments mostly off ANB.

(3) And for the record, Doppel, I've re-blocked you on Gmail for the flaming comments above. smilie

(1)I didn't direct it to you, or any person in particular. If you get hit, then I'll say.... Ooops! smilie Besides, trashy opinion is still opinion and I was aiming it for the people who can't accept change and not you who did! When did I say "You must like it!" or force you like that?

(2)Yep... There was one miniboss that kills you in one/two hits, still trying to dispatch that. I spent two hours straight exploring one level, and played DotD from 11PM to 5AM when I first got it. smilie

(3) You unblocked me on GMail? I didn't know that...

**EDIT: Ghakimx, the full name is "Doppelgangergang."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:56:56 28/02/2009 by Doppel
#25 Posted: 16:14:50 28/02/2009
Doppelgangergangedonher is the fuller name, right?
#26 Posted: 18:02:25 28/02/2009
Wow, maturity levels are pretty low here.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#27 Posted: 18:50:36 28/02/2009
(1) Yeah, but you're not saying it very nicely. "Go do a cry"? -__- And exactly how many times have I refuted that "can't accept change" nonsense?

(2) Oh, and I guess you're right about the collectibles thing. I haven't played DotD, so I'm basing my arguments mostly off ANB.

(3) And for the record, Doppel, I've re-blocked you on Gmail for the flaming comments above. smilie

(1)I didn't direct it to you, or any person in particular. If you get hit, then I'll say.... Ooops! smilie Besides, trashy opinion is still opinion and I was aiming it for the people who can't accept change and not you who did! When did I say "You must like it!" or force you like that?

(2)Yep... There was one miniboss that kills you in one/two hits, still trying to dispatch that. I spent two hours straight exploring one level, and played DotD from 11PM to 5AM when I first got it. smilie

(3) You unblocked me on GMail? I didn't know that...

1. Maybe it wasn't aimed directly at me, but that argument in general just makes me angry. I hate it when people say "can't accept change" as related to old vs. new Spyro, at me or not. Most of the fans of the old games I know can, in fact, accept that Spyro has changed, but the new games are so different from what they usually like to play that they can't say that they like them. Granted, there are a few fans, old and new, who are unwilling to even try different things, but saying they can't accept change is rather unfair.

2. And I should probably clarify what I meant by challenges too. I don't mean that the games aren't sufficiently challenging; I meant that there weren't any sidequests or minigames or anything like that. I really enjoyed that about classic games in general.

3. Yeah, I had you unblocked for a while, then the trashy comment made me angry and I blocked you again. =/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:59 28/02/2009 by Stormy
#28 Posted: 19:06:20 28/02/2009
Wait a minute... what does Doppel hate again?
#29 Posted: 19:10:20 28/02/2009
Doppel hates the original games, I believe. I honestly couldn't care less if he has the same game preferences as I do, just as long as he doesn't try to poke this "can't accept change" nonsense down people's throats.

Anyway, as for the haters, some people just don't like games like Spyro, just like any other game. Maybe it's just not their style or their type of gameplay. It's just preference, and as long as the haters don't come and troll here, it's perfectly fine.
#30 Posted: 19:18:21 28/02/2009
Oh. Wait, hate the original games? That's quite dumb, in my opinion.

You know, I suddenly wanna disguise as a Spyro hater on Youtube, and then ask why other haters why they hate Spyro. We'll be in the mind of those nut bars. >:D Bwahahah!
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#31 Posted: 19:24:43 28/02/2009
LoS just is terribly rubbish. And the old Spyro is the nostalgia.
#32 Posted: 19:45:26 28/02/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
Quote: wanderist

He keeps on trolling the TLOS haters. Do you expect us to sit down and watch as he flames every TLOS hater? smilie

Dopel? He seems nice. Besides, I know some people who are worse about it.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#33 Posted: 19:56:21 28/02/2009
Cause Spyro's personality sucks now.
#34 Posted: 20:03:06 28/02/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
Cause Spyro's personality sucks now.

YOUR OPINION!!!!!
#35 Posted: 20:15:22 28/02/2009
(Doppel Edit: Removed irrelevant)
1. ...saying they can't accept change is rather unfair.

2. ....I meant that there weren't any sidequests or minigames or anything like that. I really enjoyed that about classic games in general.

3. Yeah, I had you unblocked for a while, then the trashy comment made me angry and I blocked you again. =/

1. I aimed it at what I believed the majority of the LoS haters. If you have one grenade left and there are two groups of terrorists going at you and one group is bigger than the other, you'd chuck that grenade at the bigger group to take out as much of them as possible, no? (From the videogame Rainbow 6 for the PSP.) smilie

Same concept: I try to hit the majority for max impact. smilie

2. I want games that are really hard, and that's what I call challenging. I know that I will pwn you all (or almost) on DJMAX Portable2. smilie

3. Aww.. But I am still able to email you anyway.

Doppel hates the original games, I believe.

50% right, 50% wrong. I dislike (not hate) the originals.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#36 Posted: 20:16:52 28/02/2009
my step dad makes fun of Spyro and so dose my mom.
#37 Posted: 01:05:46 01/03/2009
Of course, they're those who find Spyro of any kind to be kiddie compared to stuff like Metal Gear and Halo.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#38 Posted: 01:27:03 01/03/2009
DieSpyro he is the anti-Spyro-lover he's this guy on Youtube that makes all these repulsive videos about Spyro diying in random ways wich 95% of the time involves Spyro being cut apart and haveing his body mutilated DieSpyro is a true Spyro hater and he dosent just hate Spyro he hates Spyro's fans thats right he hates us.
#39 Posted: 04:03:01 01/03/2009
Hmmm, I don't go to YouTube, so I don't know about stuff like that.

I've been thinking about it though...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#40 Posted: 04:37:49 01/03/2009
LOL This person that does many ways that Spyro dies, Really hates Spyro. Well people are entitled to their opinion, and you can't stop them. smilie
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#41 Posted: 10:52:07 02/03/2009
Why must we fight over to different Spyro games? Whyn can't we just be a little bit more nicer to each other?

Oh, I am still figering out why boys don't like Spyro... Maby its because they think Spyro is for 3 year olds? I'm just guessing......
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Dragon-Stone Blue Sparx Gems: 999
#42 Posted: 11:09:04 02/03/2009
I don't know either, why people don't like that little purple dragon. He's just sooooo cute smilie smilie
---
smilie Ride out this storm. And live, to fight another day...
#43 Posted: 18:28:07 02/03/2009
Maybe because most people have Hollywood's mentality of dragons. GOOD FOR KILLING AND NOTHING ELSE LA-DE-DA-DE-DA!!!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Apieceofmeat700 Ripto Gems: 132
#44 Posted: 00:41:22 07/03/2009
THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT!!!!! I hate that guy and i just saw his channel today!!!! I put an insult on his comments with a website that turned it into tagalog. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#45 Posted: 00:49:59 07/03/2009
Quote: torok
DieSpyro he is the anti-Spyro-lover he's this guy on Youtube that makes all these repulsive videos about Spyro diying in random ways wich 95% of the time involves Spyro being cut apart and haveing his body mutilated DieSpyro is a true Spyro hater and he dosent just hate Spyro he hates Spyro's fans thats right he hates us.

Oh that guy. I'm surprised YouTube hasn't banned the guy from the site yet despite all the reports we've been giving them, or at least close his account.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Apieceofmeat700 Ripto Gems: 132
#46 Posted: 01:09:45 07/03/2009
i think people that hate spyro or ANY..no....ALL Reptiles are Tanga idiots na Dont know whats mabuti para sa kanila! MWHAHAHAH
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#47 Posted: 11:46:51 07/03/2009
In My School, Most of the gamers have either never heard of Spyro, or think The legend of Spyro is stupid, Or like the old spyro games but not the new. There are a few who've plyed Spyro and prefer TLOS. and a few who just think that the originals were stupid. I've played The Originals on my psp before and by the gamers I get asked the question "are you playing spyro", and i'm like "Whats so bad about Spyro" "its gay" "ah, why?" and usually the conversation stops there. But obviously, in gamers minds, spyro isn't cool. I dont know how this really hapeens. At first glace, I blame TLOS. People say that Teenagers would like TLOS more because its more dark. If anything, they like the darkness less. Usually when something thats fictional and comical is put into a serious universe, its not cool. Its lame. But when Something sticks in a universe it suits him, they like it. This could be why Crash bandicoot is still moderately "cool", dispite having more crappy reviews than it had.

To non gamers, all games arn't cool, especially the ones with storylines.
There are also the people who just hate fiction, and yes, are dragon haters.
#48 Posted: 19:08:43 07/03/2009
Crash is stupid; just watch any of his commercials, you'll lose brain cells.

Spyro isn't that dark in the legendary series. Maybe if you're not playing a bunch of games like I do in which you're exposed to many different kinds of settings and worlds then you'd think it's weird, but I find nothing wrong with it.

The problem with the so called "true-gamers" is that they have no literary tastes. They only like flat chested personality of a block characters who constantly do random things and no more in worlds that half of the time don't even match where the character belongs. Look at Sonic's fan-base, and you'll see what I mean.

As for others, like dragon haters, well, they have the whole thing "humans are the ultimate intelligent beings," therefore any game with anthropomorphism of any kind (and yes, I do classify Spyro to be part of the anthro ticket, because the dragons talk and have relationships, etc.) is considered to be bad (or book or movie) because humans are the ultimate. Personally because I have a "zero pride" belief, I'm not offended about draconic characters.

Me personally, I like Spyro better than most of the other game characters, especially the Japanese ones that aren't Mario and Starfox; at least with the Legendary trilogy, Cynder is not reduced to a damsel in distress (which annoys the hell out of me in most Japanese games). Besides, I'm an equalistic kind of person when it comes to male and female roles.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#49 Posted: 02:44:39 08/03/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Crash is stupid; just watch any of his commercials, you'll lose brain cells.

lol, yes I know he is stupid. But he is in a stupid world with a stupid sense of humour. And I get alot of my friends who are gamers talking about buying mind over mutant or Crash Tag Team racing and liking it.
Not the same with DOTD

Quote:
Spyro isn't that dark in the legendary series. Maybe if you're not playing a bunch of games like I do in which you're exposed to many different kinds of settings and worlds then you'd think it's weird, but I find nothing wrong with it.

Well its dark and serious enough for gamers not to be fond of it. But really, If you replaced Spyro with a human. And his breaths witha magic staff, i think that would get a better audience, but for different reasons.

Quote:
The problem with the so called "true-gamers" is that they have no literary tastes. They only like flat chested personality of a block characters who constantly do random things and no more in worlds that half of the time don't even match where the character belongs. Look at Sonic's fan-base, and you'll see what I mean.

I've always hated sonic, from the very beginning

Quote:
As for others, like dragon haters, well, they have the whole thing "humans are the ultimate intelligent beings," therefore any game with anthropomorphism of any kind (and yes, I do classify Spyro to be part of the anthro ticket, because the dragons talk and have relationships, etc.) is considered to be bad (or book or movie) because humans are the ultimate. Personally because I have a "zero pride" belief, I'm not offended about draconic characters.

Well yes, thats true.

Quote:
Me personally, I like Spyro better than most of the other game characters, especially the Japanese ones that aren't Mario and Starfox; at least with the Legendary trilogy, Cynder is not reduced to a damsel in distress (which annoys the hell out of me in most Japanese games). Besides, I'm an equalistic kind of person when it comes to male and female roles.

Well yeah, theres alot of games TLOS beats. But thats just my opinion. I hate the RPG genre.
#50 Posted: 02:47:45 08/03/2009
Quote:
I hate the RPG genre.

Don't worry, I'm not all too fond of RPGs either. Pokemon is okay though, at least you can pulverize those annoying cute Pokemon in the game, sort of. I wanna give the Mother series a try, but that's only because I wanted to experience all the crazy humor and amazing music for real.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me