Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
The truth [CLOSED]
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#1 Posted: 21:02:33 02/02/2009 | Topic Creator
HERE IS THE TRUTH.
Calling this the best Spyro game is a disgrace to the people who worked hard on making the real great Spyro games. And I don't care about how realistic the graphics are. Spyro isn't meant to be realistic.
I mean it's still good, but not great. I just think it's way too overrated. Anyone else agree?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:01 02/02/2009 by dingodile555
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#2 Posted: 21:08:30 02/02/2009
Quote: dingodile555
HERE IS THE TRUTH.
Calling this the best Spyro game is a disgrace to the people who worked hard on making the real great Spyro games. And I don't care about how realistic the graphics are. Spyro isn't meant to be realistic.
I mean it's still good, but not great. I just think it's way too overrated. Anyone else agree?

Nope. I sure don't. We all have different opinions.
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#3 Posted: 21:16:30 02/02/2009
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

i do.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 23:42:00 02/02/2009
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

I read that a long time ago. Couldn't agree more. This game was for either teenagers (who are actually smart) and hardcore gamers; how's a little ten year old supposed to defeat an elite enemy? Even I can't. And fighting, the big thing about all THREE games, was horrible: frustrating, uninteresting, and SLOW. My GOD! That was the bad part! As well as the COM dragon control was horrible. They'd randomly get stuck, move slower (LYKE WTF), and don't even ask about how they worked out when I tried having them both carry a stone thing in their mouth.

But, what, besides graphics, is even DECENT about this game?

*a random "player review"*
"ReviewKing
10 perfect
If u still think Spyro games is for kids or u think its stupid, THINK AGAIN!!! Continue » "

Someone needs to find a horse and have it kick that guy in the head.
#5 Posted: 00:05:36 03/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

I read that a long time ago. Couldn't agree more. This game was for either teenagers (who are actually smart) and hardcore gamers; how's a little ten year old supposed to defeat an elite enemy? Even I can't. And fighting, the big thing about all THREE games, was horrible: frustrating, uninteresting, and SLOW. My GOD! That was the bad part! As well as the COM dragon control was horrible. They'd randomly get stuck, move slower (LYKE WTF), and don't even ask about how they worked out when I tried having them both carry a stone thing in their mouth.

"ReviewKing
10 perfect
If u still think Spyro games is for kids or u think its stupid, THINK AGAIN!!! Continue » "

WHAT? All of that seemed fine to me.
DarkSpyro58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#6 Posted: 01:14:10 03/02/2009
The game wasn't the GREATEST EVER, but still I had fun with it. I really liked the story and how Spyro and Cynder came back. If you are looking for the most ABSALUTE PERFECT VIDEO GAME, you are not going to find it. Everybody has there own opinions about how a game should be made and how they should play. But when you look at a game and point out all it's failures and keep diging to find failures, you'll eventually hate the game and tell everybody not to buy it. But if you realize the mistakes in the game and find good points about the game that make it look better, then you feel like you have not wasted your money. I liked the Story(even though it was short), the fantasy like enviroments, and the different abilites that you can use. I really liked the game truth be told and I'll buy the next Spyro Game even if it done the same way.
---
EVIL, and PROUD OF IT!!! I am Dark58!!!
#7 Posted: 01:30:32 03/02/2009
Quote: wanderist
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

"ReviewKing
10 perfect

I think you need a kick to the head too... unless you fancy that sort of boring..
#8 Posted: 01:47:39 03/02/2009

"ReviewKing
10 perfect

I think you need a kick to the head too... unless you fancy that sort of boring..

I just have a different opinion! IS THAT WRONG?! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:30 03/02/2009 by wanderist
#9 Posted: 02:00:53 03/02/2009
I did point that out; perhaps you don't know what fancy means when used like that.
#10 Posted: 02:05:55 03/02/2009
I did point that out; perhaps you don't know what fancy means when used like that.

Nope. But in my opinion this game rules!
supermalefor Green Sparx Gems: 148
#11 Posted: 02:08:23 03/02/2009

YEAH! WHAT WANDERIST SAID!
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#12 Posted: 02:12:22 03/02/2009
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

"ReviewKing
10 perfect

...I'll donate my horse.
I completely agree with that review. The combat was boring, so boring that the only fun I had was when I used the cheats and got unlimited breath, and still that was boring.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13 Posted: 02:39:08 03/02/2009
It's like I've been saying... EPIC PHAIL is just spelled out in many peoples' minds when they think of this game. It was depressingly bad. So much so that I sold it back. I rarely sell a game back. It has to be pretty bad to be sold back.

I thought that 5.0/10 was too sympathetic.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#14 Posted: 05:14:36 03/02/2009
I completly agree with that review. Don't like my opinion? TO BAD. Move on.

First off, the combat. Like Shenzi said, it was something in the entire TRILOGY that sucked. Boring, repeative, annoying. There wasn't anything interesting; all you did was hit a few damn buttons, and the enemies where dead. None of it was challenging, and I am more of a casual gamer.

The only thing worthwhile in the games was the nice storyline. But since Dawn of the Dragon's just blew the roof, and can be now used as the example of a cliché, there really isn't much left in the game aside from the...

Graphics. Critiques praised the beautiful graphics, but call me crazy, in some parts it didn't look finished. I own the PS3 version and a Hi-Def TV, and even with all that mumbo jumbo, thing look incomplete. An example would be the gave in Avalar. When they spoke, their mouths seem to bend! Anyone notice that? And they turned up the shinyness so much, that you'll need Advil while playing. Now this leaves the....

Music. Genius. I loved it. It really suited the levels. Even though it was re-used, it was still great. Damn, that's about the only good thing in the game.

I won't even give the score.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#15 Posted: 05:39:47 03/02/2009
Game was bad.
#16 Posted: 06:42:39 03/02/2009
Quote: Cynder_Rox

First off, the combat. Like Shenzi said, it was something in the entire TRILOGY that sucked. Boring, repeative, annoying. There wasn't anything interesting; all you did was hit a few damn buttons, and the enemies where dead. None of it was challenging, and I am more of a casual gamer.

The only thing worthwhile in the games was the nice storyline. But since Dawn of the Dragon's just blew the roof, and can be now used as the example of a cliché, there really isn't much left in the game aside from the...

Graphics. Critiques praised the beautiful graphics, but call me crazy, in some parts it didn't look finished. I own the PS3 version and a Hi-Def TV, and even with all that mumbo jumbo, thing look incomplete. An example would be the gave in Avalar. When they spoke, their mouths seem to bend! Anyone notice that? And they turned up the shinyness so much, that you'll need Advil while playing. Now this leaves the....

Music. Genius. I loved it. It really suited the levels. Even though it was re-used, it was still great. Damn, that's about the only good thing in the game.

I have it for PS3 and a HDTV as well, and a high def HDMI hookup for it, and I saw the same thing with their mouths! Also, you're right about the shine. Spyro reminds me of a fish.
---
ivanus777 Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#17 Posted: 08:21:32 03/02/2009
Like ewerione says the combat is awfull and a lot of other things suck but you shoud explore different options, yes the originall games were good but afther the hero's tail i became a litle bored i mean in allmost every game the same a villain comes you have to fight him and his minions collect gems and poweups and ultimatley defeat him, the principe is good but it became more wattery with every sequel.
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
#18 Posted: 14:51:28 03/02/2009

I especially agree with the thing about the graphics. It was like headache city! @.@
---
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#19 Posted: 15:27:54 03/02/2009
this game was really bad.
spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#20 Posted: 16:16:34 03/02/2009
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

i do not agree
---
Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#21 Posted: 17:09:08 03/02/2009
Every time I see one of these Damn topics I hate the world an inch more. smilie

The graphics: They where pretty good, maybe a little to bright.
The gameplay: The button mashing didn't go to well.
The music: Awsome.
The combat: Good for most consoles. Lots of different ranges of attack and lots of ways to make a combo.
2 player: Very fun.

That is all I will say.
Apart from this.

Stop focussnig on the bad things!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:18 03/02/2009 by Tango
#22 Posted: 17:41:21 03/02/2009
@Cloudy: It wasn't intune with the voice acting at all...-___-
....xD

@HIR: You should have took some Advil.xD

EDIT: And if anyone has looked at the 'bonuses,' you could tell they were planning for a LOT more...-____-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:55 03/02/2009 by Cynder_Rox
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#23 Posted: 19:09:54 03/02/2009
well it was good but not the best i meen the story dint make me go OMG NOOO WHY? HOW? WHO? and crap and it should have been longer with MORE!!!! bosses there were only 3 and one of them dosent evan count, can you guess witch one...?
#24 Posted: 19:42:25 03/02/2009
....xD

EDIT: And if anyone has looked at the 'bonuses,' you could tell they were planning for a LOT more...-____-

I can't take Advil... it has a tendency to make me sick. @.@
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#25 Posted: 20:38:19 03/02/2009
It's very presumptuous to call that review "The Truth". After all, a review, whether it is about a game or movie is about personal opinion. The writer of that review didn't care as much for the game as we do, and apparently niether do you but that doesn't mean that those opinions are the right opinions.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#26 Posted: 20:42:53 03/02/2009

"ReviewKing
10 perfect

GOOD GAWD! Shrazer320, you are one of the worst offenders I've ever seen when it comes to such closed mindedness and one-sided opinions. I could care less if you don;t like the game much but to say that someone should be kicked in the head BY A HORSE?!!?!? That is just plain rude, for lack of a better word.
---
#27 Posted: 20:57:38 03/02/2009
Quote: HIR
....xD

I would have thrown the game out of the window...XD Or atleast turned the brightness down.
#28 Posted: 21:02:01 03/02/2009
....xD

What do you mean? The Bonuses were just a bunch of images.
---
#29 Posted: 23:38:18 03/02/2009
....xD

I also noticed at the end, the words were WAY off from their mouths.

This game could've been good, had they maybe taken an extra year on it. Even 4 months would've helped!
---
#30 Posted: 23:44:21 03/02/2009
Quote: supermalefor

YEAH! WHAT WANDERIST SAID!

Don't use caps lock; it makes you look stupid.

Quote: Cloudtail4ever
...I'll donate my horse.
I completely agree with that review. The combat was boring, so boring that the only fun I had was when I used the cheats and got unlimited breath, and still that was boring.

...XD

Exactly...

It's like I've been saying... EPIC PHAIL is just spelled out in many peoples' minds when they think of this game. It was depressingly bad. So much so that I sold it back. I rarely sell a game back. It has to be pretty bad to be sold back.

I thought that 5.0/10 was too sympathetic.

Again, with the horse kicks to the head. I don't understand how anyone can say this is the best game in any category.

I remember my score being something like a 2. XD

The combat in the first two games was fine, but I always pulled myself out of a melee whenever *mimics Shadow now* that DAMN slow-mo came on!

Yep, and we already had a general idea of what would happen.

Graphics were great, but in some parts, like the water, ETD's water graphics were better.

...Kinda. The music wasn't very original, for me.

Quote: Cloudtail4ever
I have it for PS3 and a HDTV as well, and a high def HDMI hookup for it, and I saw the same thing with their mouths! Also, you're right about the shine. Spyro reminds me of a fish.

I suppose it's a good thing I didn't play it in HD...?

Quote: spyro super fan
i do not agree

State why or Cloudtail4Ever's gonna wonder where her horse went.

Quote: Tango
Every time I see one of these Damn topics I hate the world an inch more. >_<

The graphics: They where pretty good, maybe a little to bright.
The gameplay: The button mashing didn't go to well.
The music: Awsome.
The combat: Good for most consoles. Lots of different ranges of attack and lots of ways to make a combo.
2 player: Very fun.

That is all I will say.
Apart from this.

Stop focussnig on the bad things!

Graphics: Eh..
Gameplay: SUCKED
Music: too much was reused
Combat: worse than "gameplay" (whatever the hell the difference is)

And what's GOOD about this game?

Quote: Spyro LUVA
It's very presumptuous to call that review "The Truth". After all, a review, whether it is about a game or movie is about personal opinion. The writer of that review didn't care as much for the game as we do, and apparently niether do you but that doesn't mean that those opinions are the right opinions.

I looked foreward to this game the minute we all knew about it.

Half a year later, I beat it, and take it to Play N Trade the next day. Just because we're into the series, doesn't mean we're all gonna like it.

GOOD GAWD! Shrazer320, you are one of the worst offenders I've ever seen when it comes to such closed mindedness and one-sided opinions. I could care less if you don;t like the game much but to say that someone should be kicked in the head BY A HORSE?!!?!? That is just plain rude, for lack of a better word.

Unless someone actually fancies that sort of game, I'll let them live in their own, as I see it, corrupted world.

And y'know, I really don't care what you have to say about me. And can't you be bothered to put on some glasses and see the edit button?

....xD

What do you mean? The Bonuses were just a bunch of images.

That's what I was wondering; I never bothered to unlock any of the bonuses without that being just how I was doing in the game because of that. I could care less about pictures, for the most part.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#31 Posted: 23:50:14 03/02/2009
i think that the spyro games befor the legend sieries was makeing dragons and spyro weak but the legend sieries made dragons look powerful and great
#32 Posted: 00:39:39 04/02/2009
Quote: Shenzi
The combat in the first two games was fine, but I always pulled myself out of a melee whenever *mimics Shadow now* that DAMN slow-mo came on!

Graphics were great, but in some parts, like the water, ETD's water graphics were better.

It was the only game I played when I was nine, really. I didn't have much games back then that actually worked or was interesting. After finishing it twenty times IT GETS OLD.
I loved the slow-mo's...XD Spyro meets Matrix.

Especially if you watched Lord of the Rings...TT Must have been an easy to memorize those lines, Elijah, since you've already done them, huh?

...Now that I think about it, when I turned down the evil HD crap, it looked HELL lot better.

True. It's music wasn't as good as the first two. Mainly, because we have heard most of the scores before...<<;
#33 Posted: 01:52:23 04/02/2009
....xD

I would have thrown the game out of the window...XD Or atleast turned the brightness down.

Because, it doesn't seem to do very much. The television's brightness pretty much stays the same. The same could be said for my laptop too. =_="
---
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#34 Posted: 02:31:00 04/02/2009
I don't like to say it, but I really do agree with most of that review. You know what I think? The game just wasn't enough for all the frantic waiting I did. And YES... Lord of the Rings references, I've said it a million times over! Anyway, now that this trilogy's over, I can safely say that I like old Spyro better. (I think they could make a great Spyro game if they combined the styles of the two versions! smilie)
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:51 04/02/2009 by SequoiaDragon
Cynder girl Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#35 Posted: 03:58:34 04/02/2009
i dont care wht you guys say that game is ****in awesome to me
---
My spore account-- http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12336
#36 Posted: 04:15:09 04/02/2009
Quote: Cynder girl

I agree completely smilie
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Cynder girl Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#37 Posted: 04:23:26 04/02/2009
thanks smilie
---
My spore account-- http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
#38 Posted: 12:18:56 04/02/2009
Overall it was the combat that ruined the whole ''legend'' series.
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#39 Posted: 15:32:49 04/02/2009
I'm sick of these topics.

I'm sick of people complaining.

Why do you make these topics? There not going to get rid of Spyro. There not going to change Spyro. There only going to cause a fight.

So why bother? Do you want to fight and make people upset?
#40 Posted: 20:09:40 04/02/2009

Why do you make these topics? There not going to get rid of Spyro. There not going to change Spyro. There only going to cause a fight.

No but it's interesting to talk about diferent options and opinions.
---
#41 Posted: 20:12:09 04/02/2009
Quote: ivanus777

No but it's interesting to talk about diferent options and opinions.

ps: and it's in human nature to complain and argue about rthings they can't change.
---
BLOWHARD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1395
#42 Posted: 20:37:27 04/02/2009
I think that Dawn of The Dragon was the best game in the TLOS series.
---
Awww Spyro
#43 Posted: 23:47:47 04/02/2009
Quote: BLOWHARD

I would have to agree, I really enjoyed the game. I'm looking forward to the next one that comes out!

I have two questions to ask the "TRUTH SPEAKING PEOPLE".(the ones who are COMPLAINING) If this is a Spyro website that is dedicated to ALL SPYRO GAMES. Then why are ya'll complaining about them? Also if all ya'll do is complain about everyone that comes out. Why are ya'll even on this website? Opinions are fine, in their proper places. Be it a disagreement like "I enjoyed the game, but It could have been longer by expanding the story and giving the characters more lines." That is not a complaint, that is a TRUE OPINION. But when you say "This game had a stupid story, very bad graphics, lowsy movies, stupid fighting programs" and you keep going. That is not a opinion, that is a very picky individual that can never be happy with anything. If you want to complain so much, why not find a SpyroHaters website and join them. As for me, I'll continue to buy and play Spyro games.
---
spyro22 Green Sparx Gems: 300
#44 Posted: 00:23:32 05/02/2009
HERE IS THE TRUTH.

nope time for an upgrade and that is what happend just needs some more work to make it a lot better
---
Young dragon all our hope now lies with you When you wake up it will be a different world But know this you are not alone you have allies
#45 Posted: 01:13:17 05/02/2009
Quote: Shenzi

It was the only game I played when I was nine, really. I didn't have much games back then that actually worked or was interesting. After finishing it twenty times IT GETS OLD.
I loved the slow-mo's...XD Spyro meets Matrix.

Especially if you watched Lord of the Rings...TT Must have been an easy to memorize those lines, Elijah, since you've already done them, huh?

...Now that I think about it, when I turned down the evil HD crap, it looked HELL lot better.

True. It's music wasn't as good as the first two. Mainly, because we have heard most of the scores before...<<;

Much? *slaps* That should be MANY! TT
I forgot again that you're still young... XD

TT What lines?

XD MAJOR PHAIL!

TT Yep.

Quote: Cynder girl

o3o Considering you're probably not over ten, that effin' freaked me out.

Get over it; that's how people doing things wrong in politics and everything at impeached.

No, but we have every right to.

Without that, we'd ALL be in anarchy, which means there'd be riots 24/7.

Quote: ivanus777
ps: and it's in human nature to complain and argue about rthings they can't change.

P.S.: USE the edit button.

It could have been, but they kept up with the "new game every year" trend... :/ They needed at least two years.

Quote: DarkSpyro58
I have two questions to ask the "TRUTH SPEAKING PEOPLE".
  • If this is a Spyro website that is dedicated to ALL SPYRO GAMES. Then why are ya'll complaining about them? Also if all ya'll do is complain about everyone that comes out.
  • Why are ya'll even on this website? Opinions are fine, in their proper places. Be it a disagreement like "I enjoyed the game, but It could have been longer by expanding the story and giving the characters more lines." That is not a complaint, that is a TRUE OPINION. But when you say "This game had a stupid story, very bad graphics, lowsy movies, stupid fighting programs" and you keep going. That is not a opinion, that is a very picky individual that can never be happy with anything. If you want to complain so much, why not find a SpyroHaters website and join them. As for me, I'll continue to buy and play Spyro games.

• Because we're talking about ONE game, dilweed.

...So we have to like every ----ing thing in the universe? No; go see a psychiatrist and have the problem with your mind diagnosed. I had no real problems with the previous games, and if I did, I pointed it out, and the good parts; DotD just LACKS in everything for me. Now, go to the doctor.
    #46 Posted: 02:21:33 05/02/2009
    Why? I'm perfectly fine. I'm not the one threating to kick people in the head with animals that are more superior than I'm! Besides I was just "GIVING MY OPINION". Is that a Problem?
    ---
    Vampireluvr13 Green Sparx Gems: 118
    #47 Posted: 02:54:46 05/02/2009
    I agree! I bought that game..... what a waste of money. I didn't even finish it because it got so boring.
    ---
    Do you have carmel lipstick???? smilie
    #48 Posted: 03:01:14 05/02/2009

I would have to agree, I really enjoyed the game. I'm looking forward to the next one that comes out!

I have two questions to ask the "TRUTH SPEAKING PEOPLE".(the ones who are COMPLAINING) If this is a Spyro website that is dedicated to ALL SPYRO GAMES. Then why are ya'll complaining about them? Also if all ya'll do is complain about everyone that comes out. Why are ya'll even on this website? Opinions are fine, in their proper places. Be it a disagreement like "I enjoyed the game, but It could have been longer by expanding the story and giving the characters more lines." That is not a complaint, that is a TRUE OPINION. But when you say "This game had a stupid story, very bad graphics, lowsy movies, stupid fighting programs" and you keep going. That is not a opinion, that is a very picky individual that can never be happy with anything. If you want to complain so much, why not find a SpyroHaters website and join them. As for me, I'll continue to buy and play Spyro games.

Just complaining about this one. The other two games were fine. Should've kept Krome as the developers IMO. But Sierra wanted to incorporate some BRAND NEW things into the Legend trilogy. Problem was, these new thinks were not only bad, but weren't really NEW at all, just more of the same. =_="
    ---
    Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
    #49 Posted: 03:21:31 05/02/2009
    It seemed that some of the new scores were just nice remixes of the Guide You Home song. =P I mean, sure, they're beautifully orchastrased (sp?) but do they really need to use the track over and over?

Ah well.

For the game, It's cool. 'Yet should have had more levels and new tracks and less button-mashing.

Really--I missed the O button's breath attack. When I first played DotD on my PS2, I was so frustrated with the change. But I got over it and played it. I enjoyed it, and it was a nice game.
    #50 Posted: 05:45:35 05/02/2009

Just because I don't like ONE Spyro game, it doesn't make me a Spyro hater. Ask yourself this: Do all users on here ABSOLUTELY LOVE every Spyro game? Face it: Probably about 5% of us don't have any complaints for any of the games. Everyone has their opinions, if you can't accept those then ignore them.
    ---
    Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
    1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me