Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > I just think TLOS games is the most awsome games in the world. Do you agree?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I just think TLOS games is the most awsome games in the world. Do you agree? [CLOSED]
Dragon-Stone Blue Sparx Gems: 999
#1 Posted: 10:44:04 03/12/2008 | Topic Creator
I just think TLOS games is the most awsome games in the world!!!
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
---
smilie Ride out this storm. And live, to fight another day...
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#2 Posted: 11:39:40 03/12/2008
Quote: The title of this topic
I just think TLOS games is the most awsome games in the world. Do you agree?

Nope. smilie The only game I like in TLOS was DOTD....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#3 Posted: 12:21:32 03/12/2008
I disagree.They are NOT the best games in the world.But Dotd is still the best game in Spyro series.
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10824
#4 Posted: 12:48:03 03/12/2008
I disagree. The best Spyro games were the PS1 ones. The TloS series suck compared to them, especially DotD.
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#5 Posted: 22:43:59 03/12/2008
I disagree as well. If you ask me, the only good Spyro games are the first three. *sits and waits to be flamed by a mob of Cynder fangirls*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:24 03/12/2008 by Stormy
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#6 Posted: 22:48:27 03/12/2008
Quote: Stormy
I disagree as well. If you ask me, the only good Spyro games are the first three. *sits and waits to be flamed by a mob of Cynder fangirls*

I disagree, but they're good games. And Stormy, to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly a Cynder fangirl. xD I love the Legend of Spyro, but they can't beat the real three originals.

I also like the 'Season' Era too of the three on the GBA.

I guess it's a tie; Spyro the Dragon and A New Beginning. I like both of the trilogies equally. The first games for the fun gameplay of flaming and charging any enemy in-sight, and the Legend Era for a great story with cool orgins of the Purple Dragon.
#7 Posted: 22:52:37 03/12/2008
Yeah, I respect that, but a vast majority of the TLoS fanbase seems to be annoying Cynder fangirls who jump down your throats if you don't like TLoS/ don't "support" Spyro x Cynder.

To be honest, I didn't like any of the supposed strengths of the TLoS series. Epic story? I don't think so. It's nothing that we haven't seen a million times before in every other story with dragons. Challenging gameplay? No, I beat the games in a few hours. And button mashing is not fun. In short, the games are linear, frustrating, boring, cliche, unoriginal, and fail at being epic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:54 03/12/2008 by Stormy
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#8 Posted: 22:58:16 03/12/2008
I support Spyro/Cynder, but at least I don't go balistic around it and such. *shrug* I guess it's because I pretty much stick with anything canon (except if the boy/girl treats their boy/girlfriend badly). I could care less if Cynder wasn't created. Ah, well. It's the life in the Spyro games, I suppose.

And I respect your opinion. smilie
RaidonMakoto Green Sparx Gems: 379
#9 Posted: 22:59:44 03/12/2008
No. Year of the Dragon was the best game ever, followed closely by Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.
---
http://spyroworld.net/wiki/Main_Page - Spyro Wiki
http://spyrohistory.com - A Brief History of Spyro
http://spyroforum.com - Spyro Forum (I Mod There)
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#10 Posted: 23:02:24 03/12/2008
I like cynder, yet i aint a girl..........
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#11 Posted: 15:37:04 04/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Hmm. Almost everyon in this topic disagree with me. But that's okay. I respect that. smilie
---
Night Shade Green Sparx Gems: 166
#12 Posted: 20:31:59 04/12/2008
I've played better games, but TLoS is still pretty good, and I love the characters.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#13 Posted: 22:44:23 04/12/2008
i love tlos!
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Cynder794 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#14 Posted: 22:50:21 04/12/2008
smilie DOTD!!!
smilie DOTD!!!
smilie DOTD!!!
smilie DOTD!!!
---
~♥Hero58♥~

Love you <3
#15 Posted: 08:53:45 05/12/2008 | Topic Creator
I agree. DOTD is the best game in the TLOS games smilie
---
dark_fury912 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3836
#16 Posted: 10:00:24 05/12/2008
It is da bomb!!! smilie
---
Catchphrase~
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#17 Posted: 12:57:15 05/12/2008
Quote: Dragon-Stone
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie

You know, when you say 'TLoS is the best game, who agrees?', everyone who DOSN'T agree will show up.

If you instead said 'Who hates TLoS?' all the TLoS-fans would show up!

I know it's weird, but it's true! smilie

It's called 'reversed psycology', and a fun example is on the DotD-board. There's a topic about how great Cynder is, but everyone there hates her. There's also a topic about how stupid Cynder is, but everyone there loves her! smilie

But my opinion comes here:

YES!!! TLOS RULES ALL!!! smilie smilie smilie
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#18 Posted: 13:18:18 05/12/2008
Quote: artiste_violet
I disagree. The best Spyro games were the PS1 ones. The TloS series suck compared to them, especially DotD.

That was a COMPLETE insult. Anyway, the TLoS games aren't really the best games in the world, but they're the best games in the Spyro series (IMO).
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#19 Posted: 15:35:23 05/12/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Quote: artiste_violet

That was a COMPLETE insult. Anyway, the TLoS games aren't really the best games in the world, but they're the best games in the Spyro series (IMO).

An insult? It's just her opinion (and mine). So disagreeing with you is an insult? -___-
#20 Posted: 01:14:26 06/12/2008
I'm a Cynder fan Proberly the bigest DARK Cynder fan. She shouldn't of turned good. smilie but I guess if she didn't Spyro would kill her. Thats the last thing I want.

Yeah, I respect that, but a vast majority of the TLoS fanbase seems to be annoying Cynder fangirls who jump down your throats if you don't like TLoS/ don't "support" Spyro x Cynder.

I agree. smilie Even though i'm a Cynder fan. I don't insult people because they hate TLOS. I guess thats because I hate TLOS. I hate button mashing games. And there too short. Aparently, they are thinking about continuing TLOS because they sold over 80,000 DOTD games. D:
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#21 Posted: 13:40:38 06/12/2008

To be honest, I didn't like any of the supposed strengths of the TLoS series. Epic story? I don't think so. It's nothing that we haven't seen a million times before in every other story with dragons. Challenging gameplay? No, I beat the games in a few hours. And button mashing is not fun. In short, the games are linear, frustrating, boring, cliche, unoriginal, and fail at being epic.

*adds Stormy to list of negative people* GREAT! now i'v got 3.
#22 Posted: 14:39:17 06/12/2008
Quote: Cynder_543
I'm a Cynder fan Proberly the bigest DARK Cynder fan. She shouldn't of turned good. smilie but I guess if she didn't Spyro would kill her. Thats the last thing I want.

I agree. smilie Even though i'm a Cynder fan. I don't insult people because they hate TLOS. I guess thats because I hate TLOS. I hate button mashing games. And there too short. Aparently, they are thinking about continuing TLOS because they sold over 80,000 DOTD games. D:

Yeah, some fans can get really on your case if you don't like what they like. Glad to hear you're not one of 'em. =]

Tango: Just because I don't like TLoS doesn't mean I'm a negative person. =(
#23 Posted: 16:20:54 06/12/2008
Quote: Cynder_543

Yeah, some fans can get really on your case if you don't like what they like. Glad to hear you're not one of 'em. =]

Tango: Just because I don't like TLoS doesn't mean I'm a negative person. =(

its not that your negative because you don't like TLOS, its the way you say things...
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#24 Posted: 20:58:34 06/12/2008
i liked all the spyro games and is probaly the only person who does!!!*sigh and walks out of room rubing head*
---
This old place has changed too much
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#25 Posted: 21:02:31 06/12/2008

[[TRASHY]]

1. Cynder fans, shall we kick Stormy's butt? smilie
2. Epic Story? Yes, it is. I love the storyline.
3. TEN WAS HARD. And I loved it. smilie
4. Button Masher? Try DJMAX Portable. I broke my PSP once by playing it. smilie
5. Frustrating? Yes....

....for the people who suck at it. smilie
#26 Posted: 21:19:22 06/12/2008
Quote:
1. Cynder fans, shall we kick Stormy's butt? smilie
2. Epic Story? Yes, it is. I love the storyline.
3. TEN WAS HARD. And I loved it. smilie
4. Button Masher? Try DJMAX Portable. I broke my PSP once by playing it. smilie
5. Frustrating? Yes....

....for the people who suck at it. smilie

OK, Doppel, seriously, what the heck. This is starting to creep me out. Can you find someone else to goad on, please?

1. Wow, a threat. Over the internet. How mature.
2. No, it's not. It's been done a million times before. Let's see, Spyro is a destiny-driven Gary Stu with no flaws who discovers he has more powers than everyone else. He then saves the world from some evil villain who wants to take over the world by destroying it. And now Spyro has a girlfriend. How epic.
3. TEN was easy, are you kidding me? I beat it in a few hours. =/
4. Button mashing sucks. I prefer to have to think about what I'm playing.
5. Frustrating because the game sucks so much, more like it. Once you get used to the silly little repetitive "strategies", it's quite easy, actually.

Quote:
its not that your negative because you don't like TLOS, its the way you say things...

I like to use stronger language to describe my dislikes because I feel it gets my point across better. I'm sorry if that sounds negative to you, but that's the way I post, sorry. =(
#27 Posted: 22:50:35 06/12/2008
I like games that have lots of pazzles and stuff. You have to use your brain multiple times. I guess thats why I like "Zelda: Phamtom hourglass".. Games with just button mashing is B-O-R-I-N-G-!-!
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#28 Posted: 23:07:40 06/12/2008
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I loved the originals so much. Some of the puzzles took me literally years to figure out, but somehow, the games never frustrated me to the point of disliking them.

Maybe I'll try out Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.... I need some new games to play. =]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:52 06/12/2008 by Stormy
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#29 Posted: 00:14:26 07/12/2008
Quote: Dragon-Stone
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie

Please play other games, their not awesome. Their repetitive, boring, cliche and dull.
#30 Posted: 03:35:14 07/12/2008
Yes, Button Mashers are incredibly boring. Ask just about any gamer and they'll say that a Button Masher detracts from the gameplay experience. See, the original Spyro games were not combat driven, but were platforming and puzzle driven, which made them both inventive and fun. Very little button mashing in those.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#31 Posted: 07:49:17 07/12/2008
well i think DOTD is the best of the ps2 games.

for original like gameplay I like Ten but only for gameplay
#32 Posted: 10:08:56 07/12/2008
I recommend going out and playing some Zelda or even the original Spyro trilogy, the originals were fun just like RaidonMakoto (lulwut) said and much better than the TLoS trilogy.
#33 Posted: 17:23:27 07/12/2008
Quote: matesds
Tango you're right. STORMY BY MOH DRŽET KLAPAČKU. A RAIDONMAKOTO TAKY.

What... the... hell?
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#34 Posted: 19:16:23 07/12/2008
Quote: RaidonMakoto

What... the... hell?

Czach language.... Never heard of anything about English is not only language in the world? smilie
---
Keep smile
#35 Posted: 19:33:21 07/12/2008

What... the... hell?

Czach language.... Never heard of anything about English is not only language in the world? smilie

Not every person knows Czach ._.
#36 Posted: 22:05:32 07/12/2008

What... the... hell?

I'm supposed to identify foreign languages by just reading a sentence?
---
#37 Posted: 22:13:00 07/12/2008
Well, two are easy to guess.

C'est français
Und das ist Deutsch
---
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#38 Posted: 18:33:46 10/12/2008
Original Trilogy was the best. Anyone one who says DOTD was born in 2001 and makes them ineligible to be on this forum. PS1= Best Console of all time
#39 Posted: 18:59:01 10/12/2008
ps1= depends on the game

so what you guys want is...Spyro to have graphics AND be the same old spyro? no. old spyro doesn't suit graphics...

PLUS original where VERY repetitive.

COLLECT SOME STUFF TO OPEN PORTALS
GET GEMS TO PAY MONEY BAGS
DEFEAT BOSS

but i guess they both have good and bad turns..i like both seires, why do we have to take sides?

TRUE spyro fans like both...

(i'm only fighting for TLOS because hardly anyone will)
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#40 Posted: 19:41:51 10/12/2008
No, they are mediocre games at best. Spyro's best games are his first ones. New Spyro isn't the real Spyro.
#41 Posted: 22:02:54 10/12/2008
Quote:
PLUS original where VERY repetitive.

COLLECT SOME STUFF TO OPEN PORTALS
GET GEMS TO PAY MONEY BAGS
DEFEAT BOSS

Do I detect some negativity here, Tango? Wow, what a negative person you are; I should add you to my list. smilie

Oh, and TLoS? You go into a world. There's a cutscene. You kill some monkeys. There's another cutscene. You kill some more monkeys. Repeat about twenty times until you get to the end of the level, where there's a boss. Do all of this five times, and that's the end. Yeah, not repetitive at all.

The original games never got repetitive for me because the gameplay was varied, there were puzzles, and most of all, you got to explore and collect. TLoS is just linear with very few puzzles, no room for exploration, and the gameplay was just button mashing that requires little skill and zero thought.

And graphics? Who cares? A game could have the best graphics in the world but still suck. For example, ETD. Better graphics than the original three, but I don't think anyone prefers ETD over the originals.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:16 10/12/2008 by Stormy
#42 Posted: 23:28:36 10/12/2008
Wow, you are so sad, Stormy. Aw, I'll plant a potato for you. smilie

Back on topic...

Quote:
I just think TLOS games is the most awsome games in the world. Do you agree?

AGREE! smilie
#43 Posted: 23:42:17 10/12/2008
Quote:
Wow, you are so sad, Stormy. Aw, I'll plant a potato for you.

I'm "sad"? Wow, fail troll is fail.

Seriously guys, if you're going to disagree with me or try to get me to argue with me, please make valid points instead of mindlessly flaming me, kthx. Not having the same opinion as you in no way makes anyone "sad" or "stupid" or whatever the heck else you people come up with. Please notice I'm the one giving the reasons, Doppel, and you're just making fun of people. Now that's sad.

And also, I still don't see you picking on anyone else for liking original Spyro better. Not that I want you to start making fun of others, but you seem to have not understood me when I told you to leave me alone.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:47:28 10/12/2008 by Stormy
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#44 Posted: 00:38:10 11/12/2008
smilie^ You're right!

Doppel can't handle the truth it seems
#45 Posted: 00:42:07 11/12/2008
Hey, someone on this site agrees with me for once! Thanks. smilie
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#46 Posted: 00:56:01 11/12/2008
And graphics? Who cares? A game could have the best graphics in the world but still suck. For example, ETD. Better graphics than the original three, but I don't think anyone prefers ETD over the originals.

I think the graphics for the original three were a major attraction. I'm not strictly talking about smoothness/polygon kind of quality; I mean the graphics were really beautiful. I can't care less if you have high-quality graphics in a monotonous grey or brown world.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
#47 Posted: 00:59:56 11/12/2008
Hey, I play the original 3 too, but I like LOS better. :/

Plus I am disinclined to pay for a game that will literally give me headaches. smilie

(I.e. Virtual Boy)
#48 Posted: 01:14:09 11/12/2008
Quote: bmah

I think the graphics for the original three were a major attraction. I'm not strictly talking about smoothness/polygon kind of quality; I mean the graphics were really beautiful. I can't care less if you have high-quality graphics in a monotonous grey or brown world.

I agree with this. When I talk about "graphics" I'm usually responding to the people who drool at the sight of the smooth, realistic-looking graphics and claim they're sooo important to the quality of the game. But you're right; the scenery in the original games was nice, even if it was kind of square-ish.

Quote: Doppel

Plus I am disinclined to pay for a game that will literally give me headaches. smilie

(I.e. Virtual Boy)

Then you can stop with the making fun of me because I like them better already, got it? I don't make fun of you for liking TLoS, so quit it.
#49 Posted: 01:21:41 11/12/2008
Quote: Doppel

(I.e. Virtual Boy)

Virtual boy? oh dear god............................i never player any games (real or emulated) but when i saw screenshots and what it was like, i hated it.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#50 Posted: 02:48:40 11/12/2008
Quote: crashpro
Original Trilogy was the best. Anyone one who says DOTD was born in 2001 and makes them ineligible to be on this forum. PS1= Best Console of all time

PSX phails in comparison to N64 IMO, with the exception of the original Spyro & Crash trilogies.

That in mind, TLOS was a failure all together. ANB was the best game in my opinion; it was a fresh feel to Spyro and the game worked out well. TEN was too repetitive and boring. DotD phails MISERABLY because Sierra attempted to merge the exploring-style of the original trilogy (what with searching for all these hidden collectables and what-not) with the generic combat of the Legend trilogy. And to screw the game up even worse, they added in a poorly-made flight system.

Let's set the record straight here: Spyro was never supposed to be GOOD at flying. In both the original and Legend games, his inability to fly properly was frequently made fun of. DotD killed that trend. Boo! <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me