darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Why dose everyone think the new Cynder suck?! *spoilers*
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Why dose everyone think the new Cynder suck?! *spoilers* [CLOSED]
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#1 Posted: 16:16:56 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
She's so awesome, man! How can you hate her?!

I know she can be annoying at times, but it seems like she's just hiding her soft sides. Yes, she dose have soft sides, like when they whent to Malefor's lair she admitted she was scared, and she said she loved Spyro in the end...

And she still has the same atitude as in TEN, we just didn't saw enough of her there, just look at the little cartoon-thing where she trys to learn Spyro to breath fire again, she's making fun of him - the same Cynder as in DOTD!

I have to say i like her better in DOTD than in any other games!
She's much more girlish, and TLoS needs more girls... smilie'
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#2 Posted: 16:18:12 23/11/2008
I like her! She's funny!
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#3 Posted: 16:23:21 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Finally someone who agrees with me! smilie
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#4 Posted: 16:32:07 23/11/2008
I didnt notice any difference in the attitude....smilie Who would?! They just didnt show her much in the previous games....
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#5 Posted: 16:33:53 23/11/2008
I loved cynder! she looked the best in this game! then again she wasn't in much of the others....
---
This old place has changed too much
#6 Posted: 16:37:09 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
LOL this topic attracks Cynder-lovers! smilie

It was supposed to attrack Cynder-HATERS! smilie

But it's better to be positive! smilie
C'mon Cynder-lovers! Let's show those Cynder-haters how awesome Cynder is! smilie
#7 Posted: 16:38:13 23/11/2008
Im not really a Cynder lover....Spyro is still #1....I don't hate her though...
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
#8 Posted: 16:42:18 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Spyro is still my number 1 too, no doubt! smilie

But Cynder is number 2, until a greater female character show up! smilie
#9 Posted: 16:43:18 23/11/2008
I'd hate sierra for that....smilie
---
#10 Posted: 16:46:26 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Belive me, they worn't.

Cynder seems like the 2nd most popular character, after Spyro, i don't think they'll leave her out in the next game! smilie
#11 Posted: 16:47:24 23/11/2008
Ignitus......he was the 2nd best to me.....smilie
---
#12 Posted: 16:49:09 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Why the 'smilie'-smiley? Don't you know he's still in the game?
#13 Posted: 16:58:22 23/11/2008
He...uh....
died
---
#14 Posted: 17:02:15 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
He did, but it seems like you guys didn't pay attention! smilie

When Spyro was about to do that last fury-thing, Iggy's spirit where there, and said something like this:

'When a dragon dies it dosn't leave this world. It's spirit stays to bring hope to others'

I know it wasn't exactly like that, but it was something like that! smilie

PLUS he's the new Cronicler, so he's kinda alive, right?
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#15 Posted: 17:02:35 23/11/2008
i love cynder! shes my fave! she was funny! you can't really say that you liked her better in the first two games, and not dotd, because you didn't see enough of her to really know a whole lot about her! unless you like her better evil, you can't really say that you liked her better in anb and ten because she wasn't in it that much!
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#16 Posted: 17:03:42 23/11/2008
Quote: Rocky
He did, but it seems like you guys didn't pay attention! smilie

When Spyro was about to do that last fury-thing, Iggy's spirit where there, and said something like this:

'When a dragon dies it dosn't leave this world. It's spirit stays to bring hope to others'

I know it wasn't exactly like that, but it was something like that! smilie

PLUS he's the new Cronicler, so he's kinda alive, right?
Kinda. It's kinda like Cynder09's Whitelighter. Someone dies and it lives to be a Whitelighter.
---
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#17 Posted: 17:19:16 23/11/2008
Spyro is still my number 1 too, no doubt! smilie

But Cynder is number 2, until a greater female character show up! smilie

Well i like cynder all LosT series, but DotDs i play only cynder.
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#18 Posted: 17:25:28 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
I always play as Spyro, unless i have to beat some of those small guys, then Cynder is easyer, i think.
#19 Posted: 17:27:10 23/11/2008
I always play as Spyro, unless i have to beat some of those small guys, then Cynder is easyer, i think.
Same here. I NEVER played Cynder but I still like her.
---
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#20 Posted: 17:29:26 23/11/2008
I dont like Cynder smilie*
---
tumblr
not yr babe
#21 Posted: 17:33:41 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Coocie2
I dont like Cynder smilie*

Why not why not why not?!

Finally someone who dosn't like her!
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#22 Posted: 17:42:49 23/11/2008
Cynder is cool , she's funny ! She's a right girl smilie
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#23 Posted: 17:43:29 23/11/2008
...Cynder? Yuck, I hate her in DotD. Not only is she seeming like a Mary-Sue, but she is horribly cliche along with the rest of the story. I still like her from the previous games, and in some well written fan-fics where they made her exciting and definitly not bland and boring.

She is so predictable, preppy, and the opposite of how I wanted her to be. Her character development had nothin'. Now that I look back at it, all the characters had pretty poor character development. The whole story could have been writin' better, and not have just been a smorgishborg of the worlds top hundred movies. Nothing said "Wow, this very original and very Spyro." It screamed at me more: "Lord of the rings! Harry Potter!" And so many more...

Another thing that pleaded to me was how dinky the enviorments were. Sure they look gorgeous at first, and send a tingle in your spine telling you "hours and hours of fun" but I think I needed my spine to be checked. The enviourments were so small and scrunched together it wasn't a challenge at all to find all the crystals or armour. Took me only a few minutes to finish "Twilight Falls." Everything in this game wasn't very challenging.

I still enjoy this game, though. I have to say EL did amazing graphics, and the puzzels were enjoyable. Nothing compared to "Zelda" but still fun. Another thing that I loved was the combat and flying. Whereas the combat get a little boring after a while, the flying still captures me. Soaring through the trees was magnifiscent, even though it still had some annoying flaws.

One more thing I would like to aknowledge is the music. Where it was still reused, it was still beautiful. They could have created more pieces, but afterall DotD was made only in one year.
And so that wraps it up. I still think this game is enjoyable, and great for younger children, but just something I can't really sink my teeth into. I will probably replay this game, (Since it is the only game I have for my Ps3...) for me being a Spyro fan afterall.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Here is the rating: 5.7/10 Somewhat decent. I gave a nice (somewhat) review mostly because I realize that they had one year to do the entire thing, and well, I don't want the heck to be bashed out of me. Though, did I really say exactly what I thought of this game?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:44:20 23/11/2008 by Cynder_Rox
#24 Posted: 17:48:12 23/11/2008
Chatter-box....
---
#25 Posted: 17:50:48 23/11/2008
Quote: Miles Tails
Chatter-box....

That isn't very much for a review, Mr.<.<;
#26 Posted: 17:51:49 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_Rox
...Cynder? Yuck, I hate her in DotD. Not only is she seeming like a Mary-Sue, but she is horribly cliche along with the rest of the story. I still like her from the previous games, and in some well written fan-fics where they made her exciting and definitly not bland and boring.

She is so predictable, preppy, and the opposite of how I wanted her to be. Her character development had nothin'. Now that I look back at it, all the characters had pretty poor character development. The whole story could have been writin' better, and not have just been a smorgishborg of the worlds top hundred movies. Nothing said "Wow, this very original and very Spyro." It screamed at me more: "Lord of the rings! Harry Potter!" And so many more...

Another thing that pleaded to me was how dinky the enviorments were. Sure they look gorgeous at first, and send a tingle in your spine telling you "hours and hours of fun" but I think I needed my spine to be checked. The enviourments were so small and scrunched together it wasn't a challenge at all to find all the crystals or armour. Took me only a few minutes to finish "Twilight Falls." Everything in this game wasn't very challenging.

I still enjoy this game, though. I have to say EL did amazing graphics, and the puzzels were enjoyable. Nothing compared to "Zelda" but still fun. Another thing that I loved was the combat and flying. Whereas the combat get a little boring after a while, the flying still captures me. Soaring through the trees was magnifiscent, even though it still had some annoying flaws.

One more thing I would like to aknowledge is the music. Where it was still reused, it was still beautiful. They could have created more pieces, but afterall DotD was made only in one year.

And so that wraps it up. I still think this game is enjoyable, and great for younger children, but just something I can't really sink my teeth into. I will probably replay this game, for me being a Spyro fan afterall.

OMG... have you ever heard about being 'carried away'?

LOL i asked about Cynder, and i get a hole interview about DOTD! smilie

About Cynder:

Like i said before, i think she's just hiding her feelings.
And i have no idea what a 'Mary-Sue' is.
And i agree when you say she didn't fit perfectly into the story, but i still like her.

About DOTD:

I agree.
And it took me 15 hours to complet the hole game.
#27 Posted: 18:12:11 23/11/2008

And so that wraps it up. I still think this game is enjoyable, and great for younger children, but just something I can't really sink my teeth into. I will probably replay this game, for me being a Spyro fan afterall.

OMG... have you ever heard about being 'carried away'?

I simply gave my input on Cynder and the game she was involved in.

About Cynder:

Like i said before, i think she's just hiding her feelings.
And i have no idea what a 'Mary-Sue' is.
And i agree when you say she didn't fit perfectly into the story, but i still like her.

1.) Yuck.
2.) Look it up.
3.) I would have liked her better if they didn't stuff her in the game in such an annoying way.

And it took e 15 hours to complet the hole game.

It took me only six
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:39 23/11/2008 by Cynder_Rox
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#28 Posted: 18:29:05 23/11/2008
I love Cynder! She is awesome

Oh and...

Ignitus never died
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#29 Posted: 18:40:10 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator

It took me only six

Woa- just six hours?! OMG your a genius, if you solved all these puzzles yourself! 8D

I have to admit, it wasn't the story that took me so long.

I had to get my PS2 into the livingroom, 'cuz i was sick, and i didn't whant my parents to listen to the storyline, so i just took some of the other levels in capter-mode.

But there's no exuse, it took me forever to beat anyway! smilie

Quote: Crush

Oh and...

Ignitus never died

He didn't? Why was only his spirit visible in the last cutscene then?
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#30 Posted: 18:45:40 23/11/2008

It took me only six

Woa- just six hours?! OMG your a genius, if you solved all these puzzles yourself! 8D

I had to get my PS2 into the livingroom, 'cuz i was sick, and i didn't whant my parents to listen to the storyline, so i just took some of the other levels in capter-mode.

Oh and...

Ignitus never died

We dont want to tell you because there is spesiall end when you pass game 100%
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#31 Posted: 18:50:10 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
OMG! Can't wait! 8D
#32 Posted: 19:04:13 23/11/2008

It took me only six

Oh and...

Ignitus never died

No one ever said...

that it was his spirit. To me, he looked much alive
---
Dagnabbit.
#33 Posted: 19:08:02 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Spirit/real/whatever.
#34 Posted: 19:11:02 23/11/2008
Thats not how I have it, being a proud Ignitus fan
---
Dagnabbit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:26 23/11/2008 by Crush
#35 Posted: 19:12:53 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Ok, then we say alive! I like Iggy too, i didn't cry when he 'died', but i still like him! smilie
#36 Posted: 19:13:40 23/11/2008
You should have puttet that in spoiler tags. Not all completet it yet...
---
Dagnabbit.
#37 Posted: 19:14:15 23/11/2008
He's a ghoooooooost..... smilie
---
#38 Posted: 19:15:58 23/11/2008
Ooooooooooooooh!smilie
---
Dagnabbit.
Rudahn Green Sparx Gems: 169
#39 Posted: 23:02:37 23/11/2008
Now you see, i like her. Ok, Evil Cynder rocked, but DotD Cynder is pretty awesome. She adds a new twist to the gameplay and a strong female lead to the storyline. If she were full of flaws she'd be an Anti-Sue, but i disagree with the Mary- Sue thing, as she DOES have some flaws, such as her depression when reminded about the past and her quick temper and [kida] hatred for Sparx.
---
"Watch where you walk, sometimes it helps."
#40 Posted: 00:27:22 24/11/2008
Well, Rudahn, Sparx and Cynder might be exchanging hatred to the fact Sparx hated her first. That was one of the things that I laugh on(strangely).
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#41 Posted: 03:09:52 24/11/2008
Eh, she sorta has this "teenage rebel" personality thing going on. A bit stereotypical if you ask me. *shrugs* e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#42 Posted: 03:10:58 24/11/2008
I never knew Cynder has a rebel personality. I thought it was a sassy personality.
---
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#43 Posted: 05:25:36 24/11/2008
shes ...ok but spyro kicks here @$$ 2-is prabaly terrador or malefor?? kinda a tie and i only like terrador because he is earth(coooooooooooooollllllllllllll) and has a cool voice! malefor is just a cool badie
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#44 Posted: 05:33:09 24/11/2008
I didn't mind her. I thought she was awsome in DOTD. I played her all the time. I only play as Spyro when things get tuff. That comet dash of his works perfectlyy for lots of bosses. smilie But the thing I don't like about Cynder is that shes a bit, well I can't really explane it. She is also a tinny bit anoying. But shes not a Mary-sue. She is not so 'perfect'. She has disapointed me, but I still like her. Dark Cynder is my fav. To bad shes only in one game... smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#45 Posted: 06:10:24 24/11/2008
i like the new cynder, shes very awesome
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#46 Posted: 06:19:27 24/11/2008
New cynder rocks
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#47 Posted: 09:12:23 24/11/2008
Cuz she does.

Her personality is dumb. >.< "Sparx called, he wants his awesomeness back!"
She almost looks PURPLE... Which is stupid.
"lol i was Caughtd by teh Dark marster but Spyro saved'd me."
She should've stayed evil. >.<
Cynder-Sue.

Nuff said.
DanishCynder Green Sparx Gems: 389
#48 Posted: 17:13:11 24/11/2008
Her personality does not suit her charachter style. She's preppy and annoying! And her attempts at humor are pretty lame... smilie

I still like Cynder in general though, her evil form was the best! smilie
And yes, she does look too purple for a BLACK dragon...
---
Tomarrow is Platinum day!!! smilie
BeautifulCynder Blue Sparx Gems: 883
#49 Posted: 19:32:08 24/11/2008
The new Cynder is AWESOME! I love her appearance, even she indeed looks blue or purple.

She's got very powerful elements. I love them. smilie
---
I'm back! smilie
spyro446 Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#50 Posted: 19:38:44 24/11/2008
go jump in a rock i agree with rocky
---
i am the greatest
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me