Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Cynder-A sue? [CLOSED]
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#1 Posted: 20:55:46 16/11/2008 | Topic Creator
I think shes turning in to a mary sue...the only reson I don't want her to die is because no one else really suites spyro in Co-op.

Who agrees?
Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
#2 Posted: 21:03:09 16/11/2008
I don't think so. smilie Cynder is not perfect.
---
Wanna go for a ride?
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#3 Posted: 08:40:16 17/11/2008
Quote: Axel

What are you talking about?
Cynder is best partner for spyro.
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#4 Posted: 16:33:10 17/11/2008 | Topic Creator

name a bad falt...and being evil doesn't count, that happnes to all sues, but then the hero saves them.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#5 Posted: 19:26:25 17/11/2008
Quote: Tango
I think shes turning in to a mary sue...the only reson I don't want her to die is because no one else really suites spyro in Co-op.

Who agrees?

SHE IS!!!D: Why, Cynder? WHY!!!

She's seeming so darn preppy and annoying. I liked her so much better in TEN, and ANB. She was my second favorite character then. I still like her, but if she turns completly into a Mary-Sue she is off my favorite list...;____;
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#6 Posted: 19:46:16 17/11/2008
I don't like her new personality, and she sounds too young too. I liked older more mature Cynder from TEN.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
#7 Posted: 19:58:08 17/11/2008
She didn't seem like an airhead then!xD I don't have a problem with Mary-Sue characters, but I don't want Cynder to become one. She doesn't look like one in the first place.
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#8 Posted: 20:03:47 17/11/2008
Yes she is a black dragon. Joking about things every few levels doesn't suit her at all, the jokes aren't even funny smilie, but thats just my sense of humor I guess, though I'm glad she's not the damsel-in-trouble figure anymore but she is turning into the annoying peppy girl with style attitude *shudder* NO Cynder don't do it! NOOO.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
#9 Posted: 20:07:46 17/11/2008
Argh, they did a bit of damsel-in-distress with the Golem catching her and not Spyro!>.<

RWRG, how sexist!xD
#10 Posted: 20:11:19 17/11/2008
Cynder is kinda cold on this game. She talk like lady some parts and jokes was horrible. it is odd that she says end " I love you". A like she pussing spyro to keep going on or is it just love?
---
#11 Posted: 20:12:41 17/11/2008
Did that write pussing, pushed or pushing?
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#12 Posted: 20:12:58 17/11/2008
I really don't see how Cynder is a Mary-Sue.

For Cynder to be a Mary-Sue, the whole story would have to revolve around her with Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx, the other main characters, being brushed aside in order to have her instead in the spotlight.

That is not the case ; the focus is still mostly on Spyro and even though she's playable, Cynder end up needing a lot of rescuing (namely during cinematic, reaction command-based scenes). Spyro is still doing most of the work and getting most of the spotlight plot-wise.

Cynder do have a lot more spotlight than in past games but she's far from upstaging Spyro. And well, let's face it: what would be the point in having Cynder being playable and there alongside Spyro all the time if she never spoke and was always ignored in all cutscenes?

So... nope. Cynder isn't a Mary-Sue.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:07 17/11/2008 by Zerodius
#13 Posted: 20:15:52 17/11/2008
I'm still not liking her new personality, but that is just my opinion. They could have made her more interesting, and stop being saved all the time, which felt to me, sexist.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#14 Posted: 20:23:04 17/11/2008
Although Cynder is not a Mary-Sue, I do agree that she could have been developed better. Not saying she was developed perfectly, after all.

Notably, in some scenes, Cynder is clearly in the way (Golem fight scenes, most notably) while others, like the fight against Malefor just before the final boss, had Spyro not having much importance at all.

Personally, I think that rather than trying to juggle the two plot-wise, the game should have given you the choice between one of the dragons and then stick to that dragon until the end of the game where the two reunite for the final battles.

This would have allowed to develop both dragons without the fear of having Cynder upstage Spyro since both would have their separate quest.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:06 17/11/2008 by Zerodius
#15 Posted: 20:29:25 17/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zerodius
I really don't see how Cynder is a Mary-Sue.

For Cynder to be a Mary-Sue, the whole story would have to revolve around her with Spyro, Hunter, and Sparx, the other main characters, being brushed aside in order to have her instead in the spotlight.

That is not the case ; the focus is still mostly on Spyro and even though she's playable, Cynder end up needing a lot of rescuing (namely during cinematic, reaction command-based scenes). Spyro is still doing most of the work and getting most of the spotlight plot-wise.

Cynder do have a lot more spotlight than in past games but she's far from upstaging Spyro. And well, let's face it: what would be the point in having Cynder being playable and there alongside Spyro all the time if she never spoke and was always ignored in all cutscenes?

So... nope. Cynder isn't a Mary-Sue.

she has lots of sue charastics....half sue? yes, cynder is a half sue, that means in the next game(if she doesn't die) she will become a sue...
#16 Posted: 20:41:23 17/11/2008
Quote: Zerodius
Personally, I think that rather than trying to juggle the two plot-wise, the game should have given you the choice between one of the dragons and then stick to that dragon until the end of the game where the two reunite for the final battles.

Sort of like a RPG game called Threads of Fate. There are two characters to choose from, both having different plots (but are still similiar) that look like they are going opposite directions but weave perfectly together in the end. I would have probably prefered that, giving the player more of a chose. But of course it is like making two seperate games, and therefore takes more time to do, and patience.
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#17 Posted: 21:16:29 17/11/2008
The term "Mary-Sue" is a word that I'm really getting tired of........
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#18 Posted: 21:30:21 17/11/2008 | Topic Creator
why? do you actually suport them! smilie

EKKKKKKKK!
#19 Posted: 22:13:44 17/11/2008
They don't really bother me......and there's quite a bit of them in Fanfiction.net and I've never put a story on that site at all for the last few years....
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#20 Posted: 22:29:08 17/11/2008
Quote: ShadowDragon91
The term "Mary-Sue" is a word that I'm really getting tired of........

Nor do I; it just seems unfitting for Cynder...=\
#21 Posted: 22:30:40 17/11/2008
It's very irritating.......
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#22 Posted: 23:18:15 17/11/2008
you know guys, My sister hates the Spyro games. But Cynder on the other hand, seems to be the only character that she likes.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#23 Posted: 08:09:33 18/11/2008

EKKKKKKKK!

and what do you support you remind me of the varan supporters of toho who arealways annoying then us Zilla lovers
Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
#24 Posted: 15:52:34 18/11/2008
Quote: deaver88

Nooo, a Mary-Sue is like a "perfect character"....
---
Wanna go for a ride?
#25 Posted: 17:48:25 18/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jackson117

EKKKKKKKK!

and what do you support you remind me of the varan supporters of toho who arealways annoying then us Zilla lovers

Yer whut?
#26 Posted: 19:16:29 18/11/2008

I have to agree with that a Mary-Sue meaning the perfect character.
---
#27 Posted: 19:17:57 18/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowDragon91

I have to agree with that a Mary-Sue meaning the perfect character.

cynder seems pretty pefect....
#28 Posted: 19:52:52 18/11/2008
Even if she is perfect, it still doesn't really bother me if a character is a Mary-Sue or not.
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#29 Posted: 20:51:27 18/11/2008
What do you mean Mary Sue?
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#30 Posted: 20:52:39 18/11/2008
...It's difficult to explain.....
---
Peacelovespyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2864
#31 Posted: 21:10:41 18/11/2008
Well, that's a question. Let's see.
http://windfalcon.deviantart.c...to-Tell-5470853
I always use that as a guide to tell. Considering Cynder is a non-human-like character, this will be a little difficult.

Name: Cynder
Eyes: Green
Dragon type: Dark
Special Powers: Fear, Shadow, Poison, Wind, Flight, Dark fire in the first game, Fury Breath
Has to be rescued: Yes, multiple times.
Forces her raltionship with Spyro: A little, but she's more independent. Actually dissagrees with him several times.
Odds and ends: Troubled past, controlled, raised by both the Dark Master and apes. Betrayed both sides (good and evil). Very confused.

Hm, considering all that, I'll call Cynder a borderline-sue. Compared to someone like Ember, who was supposed to just scream "Mary Sue".
---
♥ keep moving forward ♥
#32 Posted: 21:18:29 18/11/2008
I don't undetstand why Ember is a Mary-Sue.......she's been called one in another topic......though.
---
#33 Posted: 15:24:07 19/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Peacelovespyro
I always use that as a guide to tell. Considering Cynder is a non-human-like character, this will be a little difficult.

Special Powers: Fear, Shadow, Poison, Wind, Flight, Dark fire in the first game, Fury Breath
Forces her raltionship with Spyro: A little, but she's more independent. Actually dissagrees with him several times.
Odds and ends: Troubled past, controlled, raised by both the Dark Master and apes. Betrayed both sides (good and evil). Very confused.

Hm, considering all that, I'll call Cynder a borderline-sue. Compared to someone like Ember, who was supposed to just scream "Mary Sue".

Ember isn't a mary sue, spyro didn't like her.

The main hero ALWAYS has to like the charactor for it to be a sue.
#34 Posted: 19:30:59 19/11/2008
Does the main hero always have to like the character?....
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#35 Posted: 00:32:04 20/11/2008
Quote: Peacelovespyro

She doesn't sound like a mary sue to me, given all her troubles and totally imperfect life. Also, the relationship didn't seem forced, she just stuck with him AS A FRIEND/PARTNER ans said "I love you..." At the end of the game.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#36 Posted: 06:39:50 20/11/2008
yeah she fell for he's Handsome looks. LOL
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#37 Posted: 05:26:12 21/11/2008
The whole "Yah, i waz cont0ll3'd by teh darkness... Den Spyro came and saved'd me..." is SO boring.

COME ON STORY WRITERS/CHARACTER CREATORS! Do something INTERESTING!

I create characters that are less dramatic. xD Seriously, I roleplay alot... Yknow, in paragraphs and third-person.

If you have a character that get mixed up in the darkness, they are not supposed to be saved! D: They are supposed to get themselves out! If they don't, tough.
#38 Posted: 06:03:10 21/11/2008
what genni wesly got saved
Sails_the_fox Ripto Gems: 428
#39 Posted: 21:07:33 21/11/2008
Yeah... I kinda like the old Cynder better also, She didn't TALK so much... And now she doesn't seem like an Emo goth anymore..
#40 Posted: 23:08:50 21/11/2008
cynder a sandy dee?
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#41 Posted: 11:19:43 22/11/2008
I don't really think shes a mary sue. Ya know, at first I liked her because I thought she had a great personality (ANB & TEN). I like her most in ANB. When I saw her in DOTD I thought. I can't wait to see more of her personality! but when I saw it I was like meh, Dark cynder is the best... Cynder has really disipointed me. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#42 Posted: 11:42:42 22/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_543
I don't really think shes a mary sue. Ya know, at first I liked her because I thought she had a great personality (ANB & TEN). I like her most in ANB. When I saw her in DOTD I thought. I can't wait to see more of her personality! but when I saw it I was like meh, Dark cynder is the best... Cynder has really disipointed me. smilie

how is she not a sue?
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#43 Posted: 11:59:12 22/11/2008

how is she not a sue?

Like Axel said, she not really "perfect"
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#44 Posted: 12:09:09 22/11/2008 | Topic Creator

how is she not a sue?

Like Axel said, she not really "perfect"

name some faults....
Sails_the_fox Ripto Gems: 428
#45 Posted: 18:06:25 22/11/2008
Heh, Its like I'm invisible....
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#46 Posted: 21:54:51 22/11/2008
Wait, let me scan my glossary

"Ahem... Mary sue, what the hell, can't find it... Hummm, brazilian stuff... Can't find it... Let's search more... AH Gotcha"

GOTCHA, I found it.
And... I don't even know what's a Mary sue or a something and nothing

I'm a brazilian after all, what did you expect?
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
#47 Posted: 22:21:07 22/11/2008
Quote: Brazilian Spyro
Wait, let me scan my glossary

"Ahem... Mary sue, what the hell, can't find it... Hummm, brazilian stuff... Can't find it... Let's search more... AH Gotcha"

GOTCHA, I found it.
And... I don't even know what's a Mary sue or a something and nothing

I'm a brazilian after all, what did you expect?

http://www.reference.com/browse/mary-sue

Here you go! Basically someone very popular in the creators eye, but not so much in the fans.
#48 Posted: 23:39:49 22/11/2008
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=...feature=related

everyone who thinks cynder is a A SUE should watch this
#49 Posted: 11:36:17 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jackson117
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=...feature=related

everyone who thinks cynder is a A SUE should watch this

I'm going to block you for that you little B****!
Ivytail Red Sparx Gems: 47
#50 Posted: 17:16:36 23/11/2008
i liked spryo alown better sinder is kind of werid and in a new beging (on gameboy at least( this was befor the DS)weird) shes like hudge and then she shrinks and is young again what up with that?
---
Spryo/Naruto/wolf/okami/Warriors(cat Books!)GIRL yes, you can think im crazy( it is good to be weird)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me