darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Not as Happening Here As Last Year
Page 1 of 1
Not as Happening Here As Last Year [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 17:57:18 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone else notice how much lower the posting is as opposed to this time last year?

Discuss. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#2 Posted: 18:12:25 11/02/2014
This time last year we knew the name of the third game and a little bit about it. Sit back and wait till news of the fourth game comes and the posting will commence once again.
#3 Posted: 18:13:45 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
There appeared to be more figure discussion as well. Maybe we're still in recoup mode.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 18:17:01 11/02/2014
One thing I've noticed are all the vote/favourites topics people have been posting and how so many are just the same, generic "list your favourite X in order"... There are only so many voting threads and favourites lists you can post before people get sick of them... :U

I'm just sad that the PVP thread has died so quickly and didn't end up with much discussion. It's a mess right now, and I hope it ends up with some resolve and comes back from the dead, I loved seeing people just discussing the game like that, but I gave up on it. It was fun while it lasted, I guess, and I can't really blame people if they just couldn't be bothered with the PVP this go around because it stinks in SF.

Thankfully while it may seem less active overall there seems to be a little more of the deeper discussion every once in a while, like the Quests thread. Hey, I'm just being optimistic. smilie

Us more serious players should gather and make our own forum where posting a "list your favourite X" thread which doesn't have paragraphs of discussion on each post is a bannable offense... just kidding! smilie Seriously, though, I'd like to see more of that deep discussion. Like, guys, why don't we bring up old Skylanders more like the new ones, since they got huge changes, and why don't we talk more about the "underdog" new ones too (like Countdown, Boom Jet, Hoot Loop) and not just the most popular/powerful ones?

Personally, for me... talking about the same Skylanders and subjects over and over is really boring. It's really fun and interesting and it's much more engaging than figuring out wether I prefer Fire Kraken or Boom Jet just so I can place one over the other on a list, to make an in-depth analysis and try promoting some more discussion about Skylanders which are overlooked and rarely discussed much. smilie

And I don't even try posting topics like those myself because I saw ones like the User Reviews thread and aforementioned PVP thread that tried to just promote a bit of discussion and nothing more and they just died off, so I can't be bothered if, when I was to post something I spent a while writing, then it would just get buried within a couple of days and not really get much discussion. Maybe I'll try, to see how it ends up... smilie

But I do think we're still kind of in "recoup mode" after how dramatically different from the past games SF is and how many things it changed, plus Disney Infinity has surely become the preference of some people... From what I saw on those boards it seemed like the SA forum might have had about the same level of activity... Plus, there's just nothing going on at the moment. It'd still be nice to see some more discussion because there's so much people haven't wrote/reviewed about, but it would only work if enough people were interested and participated in it.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 18:32:03 11/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 18:46:54 11/02/2014
Giants was more popular than Swap Force.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 18:51:01 11/02/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

In forum activity, or an opinion?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 18:55:03 11/02/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: wreckingballbob

In forum activity, or an opinion?

In forum activity. Also it hasn't sold as good.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:58 11/02/2014 by wreckingballbob
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#8 Posted: 19:17:19 11/02/2014
We're also inbetween waves right now. There hasn't been much news as to when wave 4 is coming out. The beginning of April for those egg packs seems a long way off...there's gotta be something else coming between now & then.
#9 Posted: 19:24:35 11/02/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
We're also inbetween waves right now. There hasn't been much news as to when wave 4 is coming out. The beginning of April for those egg packs seems a long way off...there's gotta be something else coming between now & then.

They might be coming out in March in the UK according to Amazon.co.uk.
---
#10 Posted: 22:00:24 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
AoA...great points as usual. Personally I think we should have a Tips and Tricks thread for point mode and time attack mode. Your posted time score was just sick.

I too don't find PvP as engaging this time...seriously is 4-5 levels all we have this go around. That stinks to high heaven.
---
#11 Posted: 22:17:49 11/02/2014
@GhostRoaster That score was pretty much just luck. I have no idea what I did that run, all I remember is that I was using Wind-Up- I guess he must be pretty good for Score Mode. smilie But I think I could pull off a better run using Magna Jet or Magna Shift. I want to try and beat that run and I think with enough shots I could, as I've found a couple of extra tricks since that run, but I'd have to be insanely lucky to get something as good as that again and the dialogue would drive me mad.

#1 tip: don't bother killing any of the non-mandatory enemies in Cascade Glade besides the Chompies at the start(in all my runs, I found usually at least one of them would drop a clock, and the time you shave off with the clock makes up for the time to kill them easily). None of them are worth it.

And a more unusual trick: you can actually leave a gap between the blocks at the start, jump between them and you'll make it... It's only nessicary to push the block on the right towards the left, then jump onto it, and you can jump onto the other block from there... In fact, you can avoid pushing blocks similarly in several of the levels...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:20 12/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#12 Posted: 00:49:48 12/02/2014
I'm really new to Skylanders (December) but when I joined the forums I read through the PVP topics on each board, I found it pretty interesting, I never posted because of inexperience and not owning many figures. Perhaps this time it was harder to judge because there are tons of characters now, plus some of them swap, adding to the complexity.

I've got all my fingers crossed for online PVP. THAT would be a reason to discuss PVP in even greater detail, which I am all for.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#13 Posted: 00:57:49 12/02/2014
Many people have beaten this game,
MLW70 Red Sparx Gems: 59
#14 Posted: 03:02:59 12/02/2014
I just started playing skylanders last month. I know..I am late to the party. I really would enjoy an online pvp version. I am tired of making Spyro take a dive.
---
Stay Cool!
Urban_Yeti Green Sparx Gems: 448
#15 Posted: 08:56:19 12/02/2014
I think it was just harder to get the figures last time around which drove alot of the conversation. When a wave drops for Swap Force...within 2 weeks it's usually a flood levels...at least in NY.
#16 Posted: 15:37:11 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Urban_Yeti
I think it was just harder to get the figures last time around which drove alot of the conversation. When a wave drops for Swap Force...within 2 weeks it's usually a flood levels...at least in NY.

Good point....chasing figures isn't a problem anymore really. Content wise though I think there's more to talk about the game.

• Swap Zone Challenges
  • Time Attack Challenges
  • Score Mode
  • Bonus Missions
  • Survival Mode
  • Team Survival
  • PvP

I for the life of me still can't determine how Gold and XP is awarded in Bonus Missions etc. I like dissecting a game once the basics are out of the way. I would like some more topics on these in the future. I'm guessing most could't be bothered after finishing story mode, claiming they have "beaten" it...if this was SSA or SG, you'd be right...but not this game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:25 12/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#17 Posted: 16:55:17 12/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I for the life of me still can't determine how Gold and XP is awarded in Bonus Missions etc. I like dissecting a game once the basics are out of the way. I would like some more topics on these in the future. I'm guessing most could't be bothered after finishing story mode, claiming they have "beaten" it...if this was SSA or SG, you'd be right...but not this game.

Same here. Well, obviously the higher the score the more gold you get (I haven't noticed any extra XP beyond killing things) but it kinda sucks that it doesn't show exactly how much you get once the score is totaled!
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#18 Posted: 20:32:39 12/02/2014
It's the calm before the "new game announcement" storm.
---
Here we go again...!
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#19 Posted: 23:24:59 12/02/2014
In Canada, its been SO hard to get wave 3. LC whamshell and LC countdown just started showing up in larger shipments today. I saw prism break, cynder, solderdash, dune bug, and the arkeyan cross bow pack once. Ive seen none of the swappers or whirlwind, and frankly its driving me up the wall!!

I'm finding it to be longer waiting periods on figures this time around. Once they start showing up, they show up once, go away, then come back in large amounts. But I'm starting to think ill never find the rest of wave 3.
#20 Posted: 00:13:08 13/02/2014
@Tupelo That's how it's been for me in Aus as well... I know I've been posting about it a lot, but I really feel like, for me, hunting has steadily become worse and worse since EB Games here dropped the pre-order system. Even SA was better for me. Granted, it wasn't that great in SA either, and we had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get Legendary Triggs or the Sidekicks, but still- I saw stores getting more restocks, now I'm always worried that if I miss a wave I won't be able to find it again. And the ridiculous wait-times don't help. I've just been trying to think about Skylanders less lately so the waiting isn't as bad...
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#21 Posted: 00:19:05 13/02/2014
Excitement for the game is near gone. When Skylanders 4 gets revealed, expect that subforum to get lots of posts. When wave 4 comes, threads will be made like wildfire about the wave.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#22 Posted: 02:06:59 13/02/2014
If I'm not mistaken, last year at this time, "Toys and Merchandise" wasn't it's own separate area. Or maybe it was and I'm just not remembering right.

I think most of the discussion has moved over to Toys and Merch since there's really nothing else about the main game we need to know about, especially now that everything (ie, bonus areas and such) is out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#23 Posted: 13:18:15 13/02/2014
I was hoping for some in depth content like we had when new Skylanders were released in Giants. I don't see it that much with Swap Force. Mainly people just talk about Swap Force characters for 10 mins now and then they move onto the new Swap Force character.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#24 Posted: 14:42:16 13/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Urban_Yeti

Good point....chasing figures isn't a problem anymore really. Content wise though I think there's more to talk about the game.

• Swap Zone Challenges
  • Time Attack Challenges
  • Score Mode
  • Bonus Missions
  • Survival Mode
  • Team Survival
  • PvP

I can share with you my inability to get 3 stars on most of the Swap Zone Challenges.....ugh.
Right now, I've completed the story on Medium.

Next step, I'm going back and collecting all the items I have missed in the story chapters to get those to 3 stars. As I re-do a level to complete my collection, I then follow-up by doing that level on Time Mode (nice to do time mode when the layout/placement of gold clocks is fresh in my mind). Between those, I'm sprinkling in a few of the bonus mission/survival modes/swap zone challenges.

At this point, most of my Swap Force figures are at or close to level 10 -- so, I'm using these redo's of each chapter as opportunities to get my figures closer to the 13-15 range.

Because then my next goal after collecting all the story items (treasures, chests, soul gems, etc.) is to give Nightmare Mode a try.
I think as I complete chapters in Nightmare mode, I will then follow-up with doing that chapter in Score Mode (I've only done one score mode challenge so far and could tell that playing on Medium was not going to get the job done).
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
ryum Blue Sparx Gems: 759
#25 Posted: 16:47:56 13/02/2014
There is a huge lack of in depth discussion on this forum than the older games had. Like AoA said you really have to do a time vs value guess before writing out a long post about any subject.

In the old forum people would with much more frequency debate you, now if you drop an idea that takes up more than a few lines it seems to kill the thread or people just gloss over the post and go back to a "I like turtles" style of reply.

As it is I ask myself if what I am wanting to write about is for my own sake. Like when I did the PVE review, and the old upgrade path guide, and ect is something I just want to made and organized somewhere that's not a .doc file.

As for the Swap Zone Challenges I found that having a second player to hit X to clear obstacles is what is needed for 3 stars. Maybe not needed, but makes much more possible. Like on the teleport... it's pure luck if you get locked up in a spot with no where to go because the board has collapsed in a bad way. With someone to clear the whole zone you have options when that happens
#26 Posted: 17:03:35 13/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I tend to agree that the debate and greatly opinionated posts are all but gone. Yes there were lulls in all games but overall the QUALITY of the posts (AoA and others here notwithstanding) have been lackluster.

Consider this thread a call to action for those that appreciate this franchise. Time to step it up a notch.
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#27 Posted: 19:44:27 13/02/2014
I don't talk about the actual game part of the game much because we are taking our sweet time playing it this go-round and have yet to beat it despite it being a gift back in December...Granted, we're no on Kaos' Castle level this weekend...so it will probably be finished before Sunday. Still holding back SWI and ToT for Easter basket so any Skylanders that my little one buys for himself or that are being gifted before next Christmas/next year's game will have some fresh game to play them with.
---
Here we go again...!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me