Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Just another friendly reminder not to mess with the USA.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Just another friendly reminder not to mess with the USA. [CLOSED]
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12151
#51 Posted: 19:32:51 03/01/2014
other countries dont have military dogs??
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#52 Posted: 20:09:53 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV

Quote: Metallo

And if it were up to me, it would be different, but it's not....Yet. I know we're a bit corrupt, but when I'm a part of this military, I'm going to make as many changes as I can.

You've always spoken out against generalizing, and assuming things, and that's exactly what you just did there. I can understand why you'd say that, but it's a very close-minded statement.

Except it's not. She's very much right.

It's fine to dream and hope to make a difference, but when you're speaking of the US military, one person will not make a difference, especially when you're only a soldier. When you become a part of the military, your job will be to follow orders and nothing else. Talking back or trying to change the system in a different direction is more likely to lead to punishment than reward and you will be labeled as a troublemaker, if not plainly ignored. Your job would be to shoot people and protect others. You would be to follow orders. They will not bother with what you think or have to say about how the military is run. And disobeying orders is practically a crime.

The only way to bring attention to yourself and your cause would probably be to be a whistleblower like Chelsea Manning was. And it worked out so well for her that they rewarded her with 35 years in prison with dishonorable discharge.

I'm not going to enlist, I'm going to be an officer. Which means I'll be giving orders more than following them. Believe me, I know it sounds stupid to say this at first, but I've done my research and I know what I'm talking about.

If I can make men and women under my command believe that we're something greater than just a brutal, beat-stick nation, I'll have made a difference. That's what matters to me.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#53 Posted: 20:54:21 03/01/2014

I'm not going to enlist, I'm going to be an officer. Which means I'll be giving orders more than following them. Believe me, I know it sounds stupid to say this at first, but I've done my research and I know what I'm talking about.

If I can make men and women under my command believe that we're something greater than just a brutal, beat-stick nation, I'll have made a difference. That's what matters to me.

If that's what is what you wish to do then by all means go for it. But we were talking about things involving the government itself going much higher than an officer could reach.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#54 Posted: 10:56:25 04/01/2014
Also, I think the UK might do this with their SAS dogs, too. I'm not sure, though.

I didn't think SAS used attack dogs. Does Delta Force? <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#55 Posted: 13:46:52 04/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Also, I think the UK might do this with their SAS dogs, too. I'm not sure, though.

I don't know....I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't, but Delta is really so confidential, we don't know a whole lot about them.... (how a Spec Ops unit SHOULD BE >.> I'm looking at you, Navy SEALs)
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#56 Posted: 15:25:37 04/01/2014
'murica
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#57 Posted: 18:29:22 04/01/2014
NZ needs warrior kiwis. B/
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#58 Posted: 19:32:57 04/01/2014
We also use marine animals to find mines.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#59 Posted: 19:49:35 04/01/2014
America is like the guy who only bullies bullies. He's like the western hemisphere's big brother
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#60 Posted: 19:55:47 04/01/2014
'murica
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#61 Posted: 19:56:30 04/01/2014
'murica.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#62 Posted: 20:03:27 04/01/2014
Quote: Carmelita Fox
other countries dont have military dogs??

what about goats????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Windsor_(goat)
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#63 Posted: 20:36:41 04/01/2014
Quote: assassinelf
America is like the guy who only bullies bullies. He's like the western hemisphere's big brother

Then what is teh good Ol true North Strong and Free? (CANADA, duh!)
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#64 Posted: 20:49:31 04/01/2014
No, it doesn't. Why would it? False teeth made of freaking SILVER in humans don't hurt, and dogs have much tougher nerves and immune systems than we do.

then why did canada make them illegal (new, of course, you're not being forced to remove your own teeth here or anything), as well a silver fillings
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#65 Posted: 20:50:21 04/01/2014
Quote: Wild
No, it doesn't. Why would it? False teeth made of freaking SILVER in humans don't hurt, and dogs have much tougher nerves and immune systems than we do.

then why did canada make them illegal (new, of course, you're not being forced to remove your own teeth here or anything), as well a silver fillings

When was this
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#66 Posted: 20:53:09 04/01/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Quote: Wild

When was this

it might have been only ontario or a few select provinces

but yeah i need fillings and silver/mercury is no longer an option
i think i got my silver/mercury fillings from a dentist who was hiding the silver/mercury from the general facility
and making deals with families that aren't the "best off" despite the health issues silver/mercury filling has known to cause
:n

( silver or mercury = | = titanium although i don't know why metallo made that example)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:56:41 04/01/2014 by Wild
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#67 Posted: 21:03:11 04/01/2014
Canada is the Us's twin brother, just as strong, but not as willing to fight
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#68 Posted: 21:36:48 04/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: assassinelf
Canada is the Us's twin brother, just as strong, but not as willing to fight

lol

Canada is very powerful, but please don't ever compare their military to ours. I mean, even JAPAN is stronger than Canada. Not that military power really MEANS anything, but since the USA is so fat and redneckish and stupid, it's the only thing we CAN be proud of.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:58 04/01/2014 by Metallo
#69 Posted: 21:43:52 04/01/2014
Guys leave Canada alone, we're too busy fighting polar bears!
Dey' been destroying our Igloos recently, they're getting tough to fight with >:I
#70 Posted: 21:45:58 04/01/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: CommanderGame
Dey' been destroying our Igloos recently, they're getting tough to fight with >:I

that reminds me of the gas-huffing grizzly bears in russia

yeah I know my cousin was there
#71 Posted: 21:47:30 04/01/2014 | Topic Creator

Be careful. Kill too many polar bears, and the caribou will go out of control.
#72 Posted: 21:49:19 04/01/2014

Be careful. Kill too many polar bears, and the caribou will go out of control.

Can you send some burgers our way?Maybe the bears will eat those instead of the igloos D:
#73 Posted: 21:51:27 04/01/2014
i invited a polar bear into my home. we're having dinner in a few hours, do you want to stop by CG? we may discuss polar politics (but harper isn't invited don't tell him)
#74 Posted: 21:53:23 04/01/2014
I've been wanting to talk to some polite bears to talk Polar Politics.
I'll bring the Maple Syrup and ice cubes.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#75 Posted: 21:57:00 04/01/2014
Well my country Ireland won't be messing with you guys.We will be gettin' drunk.

Oh stereotypes how I love/hate you.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#76 Posted: 21:59:02 04/01/2014
We Asians be eating rice! >!<
#77 Posted: 22:05:48 04/01/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
don't canadians pour syrup in the snow and then scoop it up with a spoon and eat it omg

Yes that's a real thing.
Yes we do it.
Yes we eat it.
Yes we like it.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#78 Posted: 22:08:23 04/01/2014
Quote: somePerson
We Asians be eating rice! >!<

I can't believe no one noticed this post?! This is hilarious!

Eh, I'll probably be eating burgers. Or soup.
---
#hu
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#79 Posted: 00:10:03 05/01/2014

Canada is very powerful, but please don't ever compare their military to ours. I mean, even JAPAN is stronger than Canada. Not that military power really MEANS anything, but since the USA is so fat and redneckish and stupid, it's the only thing we CAN be proud of.

But considering what our military is forced to do is it really something to be proud of?

I'd rather be proud of the entertainment and art we've given the world.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#80 Posted: 00:14:39 05/01/2014
Quote: HIR

I don't know....I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't, but Delta is really so confidential, we don't know a whole lot about them.... (how a Spec Ops unit SHOULD BE >.> I'm looking at you, Navy SEALs)

I like my Ops how I like my coffee... as black as can be.

Except I don't like coffee, but that would ruin the joke. ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#81 Posted: 02:44:47 05/01/2014

But an officer's job is basically the same deal, just a bit higher up the ladder.

As in, the guy responsible of your orders and your actions is just going to have more power.
And even he has to answer to a higher command, so he'll be inclined to set you right if you go by following your own mindset. Even the men you command as an officer are more his than yours.

Power is responsibility wherever you work, and in the military they're going to be sure they only give it to the kinda people they want to see in charge. If you're not like that, they'll change you to suit their needs.
Take it from someone who's had firsthand experience. Don't work in the military for some ideological principle, you'll just be disappointed. Under all those speeches about honor and sacrifice the whole thing is just a facility, and it's product is military strength.

But hey, if you really want to become an officer I wish you good luck with that. It's going to be a ruthless climb up there.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me