Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
my school is AWESOME [CLOSED]
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#1 Posted: 03:13:21 06/09/2013 | Topic Creator
on our birthday (or something like that) we get a sheet that we can skip a paper smilie ( but not tests smilie)
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2 Posted: 03:18:21 06/09/2013
How the **** is that fair?! You can skip one, but the rest of the class has to do their work. Sure other kids will get these too, but what of those with summer birthdays? Isn't it bad enough they have one in the summer and don't really get to spend it with their classmates.

I'm glad my school didn't do this. It would just give me another reason to feel left out for having a summer birthday.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#3 Posted: 03:21:13 06/09/2013
MYSCHOOLisAWESOME
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#4 Posted: 03:21:59 06/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
How the **** is that fair?! You can skip one, but the rest of the class has to do their work. Sure other kids will get these too, but what of those with summer birthdays? Isn't it bad enough they have one in the summer and don't really get to spend it with their classmates.

I'm glad my school didn't do this. It would just give me another reason to feel left out for having a summer birthday.

*sigh* you don't get it, the ones for the summer gets one too
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#5 Posted: 12:43:52 06/09/2013
Quote: Eevee88
Quote: Seiki

*sigh* you don't get it, the ones for the summer gets one too

Error 404: Logic not found.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7752
#6 Posted: 12:48:45 06/09/2013
*prepares for topic to explode*
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#7 Posted: 13:24:45 06/09/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

as all eevee topics do...

but yeah, what Seiki says is 100% true. There is no logic and that is just plain unfair.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#8 Posted: 13:35:17 06/09/2013
Quote: joerox123

but yeah, what Seiki says is 100% true. There is no logic and that is just plain unfair.

Then she claims that "Summer ones get it too" and I think "HOW?! IF THERE IS NO SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER!?!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#9 Posted: 13:41:23 06/09/2013
Quote: DummyZ

Then she claims that "Summer ones get it too" and I think "HOW?! IF THERE IS NO SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER!?!

Maybe before or after the break, depending on what's closest.
#10 Posted: 13:42:46 06/09/2013
Quote: crystalhero37

But does it make any sense in any way?
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#11 Posted: 13:49:21 06/09/2013

When thought in the way I just did, it does make sense smilie When a kid has a birthday in the holidays, we celebrate it in school in the last day before the holidays (or after, depending on how close it is).

I think people need to calm down just a biiit.

Here, have a free BMO.
[User Posted Image]

*I did make this post really late and I'm about to go to bed sooo sorry if that made no sense bai.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#12 Posted: 14:40:45 06/09/2013

One of my high school teachers wished everyone a happy birthday and if someone had a summer birthday, then she would wish them a happy half birthday; 6 months in advance.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:20 06/09/2013 by Big Green
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#13 Posted: 16:37:24 06/09/2013
My high school has computer graphics for a class.
Your post is invalid.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#14 Posted: 21:00:54 06/09/2013
I'm in yearbook. ^.^
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#15 Posted: 21:11:35 06/09/2013
That's great Eevee! ^.^
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#16 Posted: 21:42:49 06/09/2013
Ah, I vaguely remember similar things. In 4th grade, whenever someone had an important competition coming up, the class would make a "good luck" card, and each one of us would tape a penny to it. And we'd give it to the person. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#17 Posted: 22:46:30 06/09/2013 | Topic Creator
i don't know smilie
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#18 Posted: 23:16:13 06/09/2013
It's the kid's birthday and its a singular paper. It's not like the kid has a pass to skip the entire day. Consider this: What if the kid comes from an abusive family and the fact that they get to skip a paper is seen as an act of kindness. I don't see what the big deal is here.

Quote: HIR
Ah, I vaguely remember similar things. In 4th grade, whenever someone had an important competition coming up, the class would make a "good luck" card, and each one of us would tape a penny to it. And we'd give it to the person. >.>

We made get well cards if someone was in the hospital. Being hospitalized lot, I still have a few of them. e.e
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#19 Posted: 23:24:48 06/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
It's the kid's birthday and its a singular paper. It's not like the kid has a pass to skip the entire day. Consider this: What if the kid comes from an abusive family and the fact that they get to skip a paper is seen as an act of kindness. I don't see what the big deal is here.

We made get well cards if someone was in the hospital. Being hospitalized lot, I still have a few of them. e.e

this is what they do

the person sets up a time for there b day celibraition then gets a slip for summer birthdays
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#20 Posted: 23:39:53 06/09/2013
Quote: parisruelz12

It wasn't a regular thing, but when I was sick for like a week, the french class had an assignment where they had to make me get well cards in french.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me