Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
"Pumpkin" Eye Brawl is out!! [CLOSED]
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#1 Posted: 15:50:23 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I noticed boxes behind the counter today at EbGames (in Canada), and when I asked the guy to open them it was the new figure! He checked to make sure it wasn't street dated, and then sold me two. Looked like he had two big boxes and I think they were labelled E8 255 or something. I'm going to post some pictures, but it does look exactly like the Cindybeans pics. I will put it on the portal and see what it shows up as soon.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 15:52:53 04/09/2013
pics or it didnt happen
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 15:57:07 04/09/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11
pics or it didnt happen

Not entirely true but I am sure pics will come soon!
---
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#4 Posted: 16:02:08 04/09/2013
Yes... we would love some pics!
Menace Gold Sparx Gems: 2166
#5 Posted: 16:04:02 04/09/2013
Finally some good news on this!
#6 Posted: 16:06:52 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Someone post that link to where pics can be posted again and I'll up them! He does show up "Special Eye-Brawl" but otherwise looks the same in-game, and I don't think his stats are any different(?) He doesn't start with Lv5 or 2100 coins either, figured maybe he would. His orange pumpkin eye does glow...barely. I'll take pics now!
---
#7 Posted: 16:19:40 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I've got the pics ready, the one on the portal is dark but you'll get the idea...then I took a few of the unboxed one out in the sun smilie
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 16:27:01 04/09/2013
Someone should make some lovely "Dunce" avatars for our resident "Doubting Thomas" folks that kept denying this, even in spite of all the evidence that came forth.

Should be in many stores this week and next.
#9 Posted: 16:37:47 04/09/2013
Quote: Sivadreamer
Someone post that link to where pics can be posted again and I'll up them! He does show up "Special Eye-Brawl" but otherwise looks the same in-game, and I don't think his stats are any different(?) He doesn't start with Lv5 or 2100 coins either, figured maybe he would. His orange pumpkin eye does glow...barely. I'll take pics now!

Pics can be posted here!

http://imgur.com/
---
#10 Posted: 17:02:22 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
http://imgur.com/wbs4Lpc,DpBqX47,GFWmPg7 (sorry about quality)

http://imgur.com/wbs4Lpc,DpBqX47,GFWmPg7#1

http://imgur.com/wbs4Lpc,DpBqX47,GFWmPg7#2
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 17:05:00 04/09/2013
Nice! Can we see how he lights up?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#12 Posted: 17:05:57 04/09/2013
Where in Canada did you find him?
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#13 Posted: 17:08:26 04/09/2013
Whats is his name in game special eye brawl?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 17:09:10 04/09/2013
Awesome!
I hope this guy gets a UK release
---
Bring the Fanta
#15 Posted: 17:29:57 04/09/2013
Quote: trixster68

Yep, but he isn't at Level 5 with 2100 coins.
---
#16 Posted: 17:32:02 04/09/2013
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Awesome!

Agreed!
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#17 Posted: 17:35:05 04/09/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: trixster68

Yep, but he isn't at Level 5 with 2100 coins.

is there any change ingame eccapt the "special"part?
#18 Posted: 17:35:56 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Only in-game change is the "Special" title, and an addition count towards over all inventory smilie
---
#19 Posted: 17:37:55 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Lit up (sure someone will post a better picture but you get the idea)
http://imgur.com/VehPpqO
---
#20 Posted: 17:38:05 04/09/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
Awesome!

Agreed!

Does the UK celebrate Haloween? Just askin'
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#21 Posted: 17:41:47 04/09/2013
That figure is just gosh dang epic when lighting up. I MUST HAVE IT.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
RatchetJukes1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#22 Posted: 17:52:31 04/09/2013
Yeah we do celebrate Halloween Matteomax. I hope we get it in the UK as well, this looks awesome!
---
smilie's resident Lombax has returned!
#23 Posted: 18:10:56 04/09/2013
Awesome!

Agreed!

Of course we do!

You didn't know?
---
#24 Posted: 18:15:36 04/09/2013

Agreed!

Of course we do!

You didn't know?

Jeez, I was only asking. Many places don't celebrate it.
---
#25 Posted: 18:20:59 04/09/2013

Of course we do!

You didn't know?

Jeez, I was only asking. Many places don't celebrate it.

I was only asking if you didn't know...
---
simiancaesar Green Sparx Gems: 290
#26 Posted: 18:31:07 04/09/2013
Called Gamestop in the US (I live in Idaho), they are doing pre-orders now. Release date is Sept. 11th according to the manager I just talked to.
---
I'm ready to party like it's going out of style! Come on! Drink up and join me for a laugh!
#27 Posted: 18:48:02 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I believe my pictures deserve a ...... BOOM!
---
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#28 Posted: 18:58:21 04/09/2013
Sivadreamer which EB games was it ?
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#29 Posted: 19:08:10 04/09/2013
Sivadreamer i see your selling your Pumpkin Eye-Brawl for $40 LOL, also i see your from Niagara Falls.

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-bu...QAdIdZ520259616
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:32 04/09/2013 by Hexblazer
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#30 Posted: 19:50:23 04/09/2013
Hexblazer appears to be the one deserving of the "BOOM!".

Always nice to see a fellow Skylanders fan try and score a quick $25 off their fellow fans because they simply got lucky. Too bad the store wouldn't let you clean them out ("as you tried", according to the listing) so everyone in the area could pay $40 per figure to you.
#31 Posted: 19:54:56 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yep, I'm selling the extra....as there is a person in Toronto selling a flocked Prism Break and clear Stealth Elf....they are actually rather over priced compared to eBay. If we could all get variants for face value, we would but reality is we can't. smilie
---
#32 Posted: 20:00:50 04/09/2013
You are comparing a 1 per 100-300 cases figure to one that comes in entire cases of just that figure? Let's face it, you got lucky to find it first and you attempted to extend that luck by buying as many as they let you to scalp money off other Skylanders fans. Enjoy that karma.
#33 Posted: 20:16:23 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
As much as you may consider this to be bad, its the way the world works....you'd be rather surprised how many users here do similar things (I'm not going to start calling people out but big names). smilie My Karma is just fine thanks, I was in the right place at the right time its true....I'm guessing another person would've done the same and possibly charged even more.
---
#34 Posted: 20:18:14 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
People are impatient and lazy....hence the ability to do this. I was both when Scarlet Ninjini came out, paid $60 for her then it was available a week later. Live and learn.
---
#35 Posted: 20:32:06 04/09/2013
I noticed boxes behind the counter today at EbGames (in Canada), and when I asked the guy to open them it was the new figure! He checked to make sure it wasn't street dated, and then sold me two. Looked like he had two big boxes and I think they were labelled E8 255 or something. I'm going to post some pictures, but it does look exactly like the Cindybeans pics. I will put it on the portal and see what it shows up as soon.

Umm Which EB Games was it the on in Niagara Falls right off the highway or the on in the Pencentre ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:12 04/09/2013 by bigslam
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#36 Posted: 20:45:37 04/09/2013
Really upset his in-game appearance doesn't match the figure. This would have been one of my top played with. He would have looked awesome. Really sucks. Maybe they can do a system update fix for this or in Swap Force it will work? Major letdown. Cool figure though!
#37 Posted: 20:57:09 04/09/2013
People are impatient and lazy....hence the ability to do this. I was both when Scarlet Ninjini came out, paid $60 for her then it was available a week later. Live and learn.

Ample supply of people that will pay does not make it right.

Yes, impatience and laziness are a factor, also a factor is people being afraid they will not find a figure or will have to wait a long time to find one. You know what causes that? People that go into the store, see a new release and the first thing that pops into their head is "I wonder how many I can buy to flip?". Figures would be a heck of alot easier to find if that didn't happen. And I'm not sure if I would classify it as true "laziness" to say you aren't willing to drive all over town and call day after day looking for a figure.

You paid $60 for Scarlet because you weren't sure if you would find her soon. And in return you are paying it forward on the next guy that is thinking the same thing. Karma shows up down the road, maybe next time you aren't the first guy in the store you are the 12th, they get in 12 and you don't get one because the guy in front of you bought 2. And besides, you readily admit in that listing you would have bought even more had you been allowed to do so.

And yes, there are many people on here that do that, the Darklight Crypt thread is FILLED with people talking about buying two or four at every store they find. We are our own worst enemy. We are the reason for the EBay prices. We are the reason the Activision keeps going "Hmm, maybe we can bump up the price again because people will pay it". We are the reason people cannot find some figures.

We are also able to do something about it. Buy what you will use and leave the rest on the shelf. The next guy might be an EBayer or it might be a kid that becomes one less person that has to resort to EBay to find it. We cannot kill the EBay beast all in one shot, but starve it a little at a time and it eventually gets minimized. Or we can keep feeding it because we were the ones that had to pay scalp money last time. Our choice.
#38 Posted: 21:33:27 04/09/2013
He's Out In ST. Catherine's too
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#39 Posted: 21:50:02 04/09/2013
I thought of "Wicked Thumpback" when I opened this topic. Anybody?

[User Posted Image]
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#40 Posted: 00:48:12 05/09/2013
Quote: TOlofter
Really upset his in-game appearance doesn't match the figure. This would have been one of my top played with. He would have looked awesome. Really sucks. Maybe they can do a system update fix for this or in Swap Force it will work? Major letdown. Cool figure though!

Upset? You shouldn't be, that was never, ever, going to happen. It couldn't. Physically impossible. We knew ahead of time he would never look like that in game. All the in-game characters were figured out months ago (wouldn't be surprised if they were discovered before Christmas), by members of the forum.

Also from what I hear Wii can't take updates, that's why neither of these games have ever HAD an update, on any system (to keep it fair between systems), and almost definitely never will.

There's a very remote chance he could appear in-game in Swap Force, but that would be unusual for a non-in-game to appear as in-game in a later game. TWO things are going for this theory. 1) that he came out so close to Swap Force's release, and it's a Hallowe'en themed character, which is after Swap Force's release and 2) he doesn't come with 2100 gold and level 5 like most specials, which might imply is because he's meant as an in-game character in Swap Force.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#41 Posted: 01:17:35 05/09/2013
Oh god, he looks awful. What a waste of a variant. I mean, if he actually appeared in the game like that then it would be pretty cool....but I will not be buying this.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#42 Posted: 01:23:58 05/09/2013
So who here thanks Acti has 20 million extra eye brawls that got an orange pumpkin eye and black repaint? I hope in swap force he looks like this on screen.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#43 Posted: 01:32:28 05/09/2013
Cool smilie ...but like i said before, i will have to modify the eye...not likein' it. And add more detail to the body...all black is just to plain. And since he's not an In-Game varient...can change him to whatever. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#44 Posted: 02:24:08 05/09/2013
Though I do have to wonder, if he was intended to appear like this in Swap Force, wouldn't the packaging portray his Pumpkin look? Or maybe not since it's Giants packaging. We'll see in October!

It would have been nice if he at the very least had a matching trading card of some sort.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:27 05/09/2013 by TOlofter
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#45 Posted: 03:30:16 05/09/2013

Ugh. I was hoping the head wasn't what we've been seeing on the Internet. This has to b literally be a last minute design to sell more figures...has to be. I think this will go down in skylander history as the first of the "Gimmick" variants.

Crusty old fart has spoken. smilie

Quote: niceguy1
There's a very remote chance he could appear in-game in Swap Force, but that would be unusual for a non-in-game to appear as in-game in a later game. TWO things are going for this theory. 1) that he came out so close to Swap Force's release, and it's a Hallowe'en themed character, which is after Swap Force's release and 2) he doesn't come with 2100 gold and level 5 like most specials, which might imply is because he's meant as an in-game character in Swap Force.

Don't underestimate Activision to shake things up. I would bet that Swap Force might actually be an in game variant because I bet this guy was thought up six months after Giants was released.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:34:33 05/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#46 Posted: 03:39:24 05/09/2013
Only in-game change is the "Special" title, and an addition count towards over all inventory smilie

Unless you already have blurple Eye Brawl, in which case no go. That means we now have two figures that won't technically register as new inventory based on the flawed figure naming convention---Glitter Sonic Boom and GITD Sonic Boom and now Blurple Eye Brawl and Pumpkin Eye Brawl.

Funny. I just read that back and fully realize how stupid it all sounds. Touche.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:53 05/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#47 Posted: 04:02:05 05/09/2013
It'd be nice if they mass-released "special" versions of all of the "special" figures.

Interestingly enough, they could actually release a "special" version of virtually every figure in the game, the way it appears to be written.
#48 Posted: 04:08:32 05/09/2013
Quote: UncleBob
It'd be nice if they mass-released "special" versions of all of the "special" figures.

Interestingly enough, they could actually release a "special" version of virtually every figure in the game, the way it appears to be written.

Yep. I wish however instead of calling it "Special" they could just call it what it is.

"Glow in the Dark Sonic Boom", "Glitter Sonic Boom", "Purple Eye Brawl" or "Pumpkin Eye Brawl". It would be another layer of security and I'd also be assured my inventory would be technically accurate. No biggie though.

I do like the idea of a "Special" Pack. Even at double price of a regular skylander, it would sell well.
---
#49 Posted: 14:34:34 05/09/2013
I still think it was poor planning on their part to not include the name on the chip and possibly some minor coloring detail. Then in-game variants could be created on the fly as they needed them and not planned ahead. Obviously something like Pumpkin Eye Brawl might be different since it requires new texture data for the eye, but they could definitely do something with the name and color scheme.

Oh, and if anyone reading this works for Activision or TFB, please forget I said that. Please.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me