Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spin for Skylanders [CLOSED]
FionaJ Red Sparx Gems: 24
#1 Posted: 18:50:40 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I am new to this game. I do not own any skylanders. Should I spin for skylanders or purchase with gems? I only have 3 adventure balloons. When do you get more?
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#2 Posted: 19:05:11 19/08/2013
This game is pretty rough if you don't own any skylanders, and even if you only own a few, it's still pretty slow going. They must give you one right off the bat, though I don't know. You can get more adventure balloons by buying them, but you need to send sklanders on adventures to generate the cash. Good luck!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#3 Posted: 19:09:32 19/08/2013
Save the gems, you'll need those to buy other things, whereas the spins cost gold. The price depends on how many Skylanders you have, so when you only have a few, it doesn't cost too much, but spinning for the last few will cost millions, so spin for one or two as you make more gold.

You unlock more adventure balloons as you level up your kingdom, maxing out at 11 balloons at level 30.
FionaJ Red Sparx Gems: 24
#4 Posted: 19:24:24 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you for the replies. I will save my gems for other items and spin for skylanders. Neat building game.
#5 Posted: 20:52:43 03/09/2013
Now I have a question on skylander spins. If you pay 5,000,000 coins on a skylander spin, and then later you buy the actual skylander and enter the code, does the game give you back your coins, give you back the cost of the skylander in gems (as it has done in the past for me early on when I paid gems for a skylander) or give you nothing?
---
mcquist5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1010
#6 Posted: 21:25:16 03/09/2013
No, it does not. You will get reimbursed for gems but not if you used coins, the game only gives you some energy as a way to compensate.

Username: mcquist5
#7 Posted: 21:33:04 03/09/2013
This is what I thought. Thanks. I may pick up a few of the skylanders I don't own so I think I'll hold onto my coins until then.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 15:57:22 04/09/2013
That's what I decided to do once they started charging coins to spin. At the time, my wife and I were splitting the Skylanders, so I wanted to wait until I could get a Bluetooth portal and add all the Skylanders before spinning. But there was a time when they were doing half price spins, so I tried and ended up with a Skylander I already had. Decided to spin gems 2 or 3 more times and still kept ending up with Sklanders I already had. I eventually just gave up wishing I had kept the first one (as it was Jet-Vac and I was low on air Skylanders at the time). In fact, I have regretted doing extra spins, period. Even back when they gave you a Skylander spin every 5 levels, I ended up getting Prism Break. Since we had Prism Break, I decided to spin again and got Fright Rider, who we also had. Since I hadn't been playing long and didn't have many gems, I gave up and kept Fright Rider. I later realized we had lost Prism Break's web code but have Fright Rider's smilie So now I still have the chance to spin and get Prism Break, but I'd hate to if there was a chance I could use my figure, somehow (although I don't feel like buying a Bluetooth portal just for one figure). Now that I have our complete collection (minus Prism Break and one or two others that I've been holding back for a gift for my son), I've been tempted to spin, but I'm in no hurry, I guess.
#9 Posted: 17:55:38 04/09/2013
Several people have confirmed that the codes work at least several time so no reason that you and your wife shouldn't both be using all the skylanders you own.
---
#10 Posted: 15:37:00 05/09/2013
Quote: midas73
Several people have confirmed that the codes work at least several time so no reason that you and your wife shouldn't both be using all the skylanders you own.

It wasn't that way until recently (although I'm not sure how recently). When they started using Activate, it only allowed a web code to be used once. I know that was the case because I tried. I was due for a spin (back in the day when you got new ones every 5 levels) so I was trying to put them all in, but my 5yo had put most of them on my wife's phone (since he has access to her phone more than mine). None of them worked. A couple of weeks ago, though, I came across our Ninjini code (which he had put on my wife's phone, which bummed me out because I had her house) and tried it on a whim and it worked. I then went through all our codes and they all worked. So it's only recently that they allow more than one use (though I'm not sure how many). It would be nice to find a web code for those I have missing (at least Prism Break & Voodood who's web codes have seemed to have went missing, but I have). Don't get me wrong, I'm not begging for those I don't legitimately own, but just saying it would be nice if I could find someone willing to share those that I do have.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:47 05/09/2013 by obidawsn
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#11 Posted: 15:42:48 05/09/2013
We used to use the codes for our 3 games but once the game went more social with Activate we could only do one. Can you use the codes more again? I haven't tried it in a month but back then we could still only use each code once.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#12 Posted: 16:04:34 05/09/2013
I'm not sure if this works or not but you might try using the web code directly from ne of the console games. If you look at the character sheet (hit select on the Xbox 360) each character has a web code listed.
#13 Posted: 17:03:50 05/09/2013
Quote: Pico
I'm not sure if this works or not but you might try using the web code directly from ne of the console games. If you look at the character sheet (hit select on the Xbox 360) each character has a web code listed.

I've never tried it, but I believe it's one character short and doesn't work (as reported many times on this forum).
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#14 Posted: 19:10:09 05/09/2013
That's not right. You should be able to use characters you own.

Have you tried entering the codes while you are offline? (turn off wifi...)
---
Activate name: Charred
#15 Posted: 19:19:57 05/09/2013
The in-console game codes are not the web codes. If only they were. I own Jade Flashwing but can't find her "sticker" with the code on it. The in-game code certainly didn't work. That one is particularly painful not to have yet (I missed her timed quest) and to have to "buy" through a spin.
---
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#16 Posted: 21:34:36 05/09/2013
I wonder if they reset after so long. It would make sense to do that in the case someone sells their figures (with codes etc) down the road.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#17 Posted: 06:54:28 06/09/2013
I have a question if i manage to complete all the skylanders in lost islands bu importing my figures, if i spin the will i get the alter ego skylanders since thats the only thing i do not have..?
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#18 Posted: 08:54:18 06/09/2013
Quote: BashBigFan
I have a question if i manage to complete all the skylanders in lost islands bu importing my figures, if i spin the will i get the alter ego skylanders since thats the only thing i do not have..?

That is a good question, and here's a not very good answer. When you click on the spin for skylanders screen, the three categories are Owned, Unlocked and Locked. If the alter-egos have been, however temporarily, removed from the vault and placed in the Unlocked area, then you should be able to spin successfully for them. It's only as matter of time before everything that has been locked is given a reprieve. It's just a matter of waiting till then I think.

Even when I still had Cupid Flameslinger to go, and she was available as a top prize in the wishing well, I don't recall seeing her image in the unlocked area. I could be mistaken.
#19 Posted: 09:02:10 06/09/2013
I would like to try it out... The thing is with the new patch they have this new mini jini.. And in AU she is not released yet... My spin is now 1 million coins and i do not want to get her... As i will own her figure later on...

Guess i will need to put my 1 million coin for a test... Just hope for an autumn stump smash...
#20 Posted: 10:51:43 06/09/2013
You can only get the alter egos through a gem purchase or wishing stones.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#21 Posted: 12:24:37 06/09/2013
The alter egos are not available for spins. Who knows if that will change in the future.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#22 Posted: 12:41:11 06/09/2013
Before the first wishing well alter ego opportunity I only had one ledgendary and Cupid Flameslinger left. I did a spin and won ledgendary jet vac and I did not have the option for a respin. My button to spin also went away after I won him. Even though Cupid Flameslinger was available for purchase I could not spin to win him.
---
#23 Posted: 14:10:21 06/09/2013
Wow thanks i almost spin my million coins for mini jini then... Guess i will just wait to win in the wishing well then... I never attempt to win one... Do we need to fill the gauge till the top before we get the alter ego skylanders..?
#24 Posted: 14:21:32 06/09/2013
The mini skylanders can be won via spinning. I have won several.

What it appears you cannot win, are the monthly alter egos that appear in the wishing well.

Look for posts in this thread on how to use the wishing well. You need ~200 stones before you should start wishing.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=87826
---
#25 Posted: 14:57:25 06/09/2013
Yes Mini skylanders can be won with spins (that's how I got gill runt, terrabite, and trigger guy), but they are not limited time like the Alter egos. You can spin for them but I imagine chances are about like spinning a Giant.
---
#26 Posted: 15:09:05 06/09/2013
As far as I can tell, you're at least very unlikely to win any of the minis, giants or specials from spins unless and until you have obtained all of the "regular" skylanders.
---
#27 Posted: 22:21:41 06/09/2013
Errr i did post that i have every single skylanders except the alter egos and the new updated mini jini... And based on the spin they say i will get available skylander... Which is in my available skylanders tab i have mini jini, buddy wrengking ball, and autumn stump smash...
#28 Posted: 22:48:20 06/09/2013
I was 78/78 Skylanders the day before Afro Smash was made available. The next morning I was 78/79 and the spin button was greed out and said "locked."

To put it another way, you cannot spin to win any character in Lost Islands that has not been previously released as a physical figure that can be used in either Spyro's Adventure or Giants.
#29 Posted: 23:34:34 06/09/2013
Yeah, and to be clear I posted my comment not just for you but for anybody else reading. I did see that you have all the other skylanders. smilie
---
#30 Posted: 00:23:50 07/09/2013
No sweat. I was responding to BigBash. It read like he thought the option would be there for him. If I mis read his post I'll grab the dunce cap and head to the corner.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:26:53 07/09/2013 by Pico
#31 Posted: 00:29:47 07/09/2013
Ok thats clear then .. No alter ego the only thing i could win is mini jini... Thanks for the info..
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#32 Posted: 01:52:04 07/09/2013
Quote: BashBigFan
Wow thanks i almost spin my million coins for mini jini then... Guess i will just wait to win in the wishing well then... I never attempt to win one... Do we need to fill the gauge till the top before we get the alter ego skylanders..?

No, the gauge does not need to be filled. This month is the only month I filled the luck meter.
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#33 Posted: 22:38:38 07/09/2013
I don't understand how the spinning works.......I have all the normal characters except 3 and all the giants (none of the special ones though) thanks to my children.. As an experiment I spun, mind you for 5 mill, and got one of the normal characters. So I respun hoping to get a sidekick or legendary one and what did I get, we'll the other missing normal one. I spin again and get the first character that came up. So I can assume the devs rigged the "random" spin wheel right? I have to spin another 15 mill before I can get the good characters right?
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#34 Posted: 22:44:26 07/09/2013
Spinning with gold awards all normal skylanders first, then it will begin awarding giants, legendaries, specials, and sidekicks. The wheel does not award alts.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:12 07/09/2013 by Qanai
#35 Posted: 02:11:12 08/09/2013
I won red pop fizz using gems for a respin when I didn't have much left. Otherwise it did seem weighted towards regular skylanders first.
---
#36 Posted: 02:26:17 08/09/2013
Re-Spins seem like a waste of gems to me, but it's cool you got Punch Pop Fizz. I've stopped spinning for skylanders and am now waiting for a few regular skylanders I've purchased to arrive as well as the Giant minis, which I recently sent away for. I sure hope it takes less than 10-12 weeks to get them!
---
Rillashan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1125
#37 Posted: 03:29:37 08/09/2013
Ordered Barkley a while back took about three weeks. Mini Jini about the same. Still waiting on Eye Small and Thumpling
#38 Posted: 01:32:39 10/09/2013
Received Thumpling in the mail today. Now only waiting on Eye Small
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#39 Posted: 03:21:33 10/09/2013
Quote: midas73
Re-Spins seem like a waste of gems to me, but it's cool you got Punch Pop Fizz. I've stopped spinning for skylanders and am now waiting for a few regular skylanders I've purchased to arrive as well as the Giant minis, which I recently sent away for. I sure hope it takes less than 10-12 weeks to get them!

Isn't a Giant mini just a regular sized skylander?
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#40 Posted: 09:04:47 10/09/2013
I get the impression spinning for Skylanders is based on their gem value.
Skylanders with the same value are grouped together and the lowest value group (regular Skylanders) has to be exhaust before you move to the next value group.

When I still had regular Skylanders unlocked, I only got these with a spin.
Now I have all regulars and Giants and the last spin gave me mini-jini.

The only ones for me still unlocked are royal double trouble, eye-small, legendary bash, legendary chop chop, legendary Spyro and the alter-ego's.
But I will have to save up my gold because after the last spin it went from 2,5 to 5 million a spin. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:05:39 10/09/2013 by Wrecking_Ball
#41 Posted: 09:53:58 10/09/2013
The only non-special Skylanders I don't have on Lost Islands are Flashwing (because I have Jade) and Bouncer (because I have Legendary). I've been holding off on spins because I only have about 7 mil, currently, and my spins are at 5 mil. Back when we got free spins every 5 levels, I picked up Legendary Bash and Royal Double Trouble. I also got happened to get Boomer (who I don't have a figure of). I've been debating on spinning, just to see if I could get another Legendary, but I'm holding off (especially as I wait for my Giant sidekicks to come in). Maybe I should hold off some more, although I don't ever plan on buying a regular Flashwing or Boomer, so I'm not sure.
#42 Posted: 13:31:48 10/09/2013
Until recently, I had been spinning just about as soon as I got 5,000,000 coins in the bank. Since my kids love the console game and had been asking for a few regular skylanders we didn't have, I ordered them and am now holding off on spinning until I get them all in. I will then spend on spins until I have all the regular skylanders and will again hold off on spinning until my minis come in the mail. I'm not spending my coins on houses or anything else because none of that stuff is worth that much to me relative to using the cash for the spins (each spun skylander nets you 12-16 gems depending on the quests they give). I've almost broken down and bought some acorn houses but am trying to hold out until next month's wishing well spins to see if I can get some beds and breakfasts.
---
#43 Posted: 14:38:22 10/09/2013
We have Jade Glashwing at home and when I put in her code it gave me regular Flashwing. On the Bluetooth portal she gave my boys regular flashwing too.
---
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#44 Posted: 14:49:32 10/09/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
We have Jade Glashwing at home and when I put in her code it gave me regular Flashwing. On the Bluetooth portal she gave my boys regular flashwing too.

Must be a bug, I added Jade Flashwing through the bluetooth portal and also got Jade Flashwing in the game.
I did however already have regular Flashwing so that's a difference compared to your situation.

I have had that a special Skylander was recognized as a regular one with Scarlet Ninjini. I added her through the bluetooth portal when she wasn't yet present in the game and got regular Ninjini instead.
When Scarlet Ninjin came available in the game I added her again via bluetooth and she unlocked the corresponding Scarlet Ninjini in game.
So I used one physical Skylander to unlock two virtual ones. smilie
#45 Posted: 15:36:02 10/09/2013
I bet we did it before jade was released then... I don't exactly remember.
---
#46 Posted: 15:44:41 10/09/2013
If you add the figure before it's available, it will give you the regular one, and then you can, in turn, use it for the variant when it becomes available. I put in Jade Flashwing after it was available as it was offered fairly quickly and we held onto our Jade Flashwing for a while saving it for my son's birthday. I did use Molten Hot Dog for regular Hot Dog and it later let me use it for Molten Hot Dog when it became available. I'm not sure, once a variant is available, if it will let you use it on the regular version if you do it before you do the variant, but I doubt it. I tried entering my webcode for Jade Flashwing for a regular Flashwing just recently (after they opened up using codes more than once) and it didn't work.
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#47 Posted: 19:01:10 10/09/2013
I'm not sure if this continues to work. But you used to be able to

• Go to the skylanders game website
  • Hook your portal up to a computer via USB
  • Add a figure to your account by placing a figure on the portal
  • Then you'd get your web code from there.

I got 3 of the 4 mini figs delivered... And Eye-Small is the one I'm waiting on smilie
#48 Posted: 19:40:36 10/09/2013
Any idea how long it took?
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#49 Posted: 20:25:31 10/09/2013
Quote: spyroj
I'm not sure if this continues to work. But you used to be able to

• Go to the skylanders game website
  • Hook your portal up to a computer via USB
  • Add a figure to your account by placing a figure on the portal
  • Then you'd get your web code from there.

I got 3 of the 4 mini figs delivered... And Eye-Small is the one I'm waiting on smilie

This only worked in Spyro's Universe which has since been shut down.
#50 Posted: 01:09:14 11/09/2013
3 of my mini giant figures took about three weeks to get. Waiting on Eye Small which we ordered on August 15th
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me