Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Good news bad news - alter egos in the well [CLOSED]
DarrenF Green Sparx Gems: 283
#1 Posted: 12:49:00 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Good news is Boomer and Flameslinger are now in the well for me. 600 stones to throw in.

Bad news is game crashed and reset to a few days ago, I lost 50 gems, Tree Rex number 1 fan, and an undead shrine not to mention 2 million gold. This game is very frustrating sometimes.
DarrenF Green Sparx Gems: 283
#2 Posted: 14:06:49 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
600 stones later, got Autumn Stump Smash, Cupid Flameslinger and Ninjini House. Pretty good trade off. Still need Lucky Boomer but I guess that will wait until next time he comes around.
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#3 Posted: 14:54:53 01/09/2013
Yeah I was super lucky last night surprisingly. Won autumn (although it took 180 stones to do it) but I also won the Cupid and boomer guys. But the best thing is I won an air shrine! I hated not having the right shrine to take advantage of the stones this weekend but getting a shrine free made up for it.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#4 Posted: 16:33:15 01/09/2013
Trigger snappy's house is the only one I need. Is it in there?
JaynaMac Green Sparx Gems: 404
#5 Posted: 21:26:18 01/09/2013
I have the worst luck with the well! Okay, not the WORST -- I've always ended up with the current alter ego -- but, I never get past alters, or houses, or shrines. I've tossed in about 80 stones, and I've won (in addition to the usual gold and energy): 5 markers; 2 barrels; 2 wagons; 2 flower beds; 3 balloons; 3 bush lines; a sculpted tree; 2 puffy trees; 2 evergreens; a berry bush; a palm tree; a twisted tree; a hay bale; 2 jack-o-lanterns; a campfire; a water well; 3 bush lines; and the $60k prize three times.

I envy those of you who regularly get the good stuff!
---
Find me (Jaynamac) on Lost Islands....
mcquist5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1010
#6 Posted: 21:36:18 01/09/2013
JaynaMac, I am with you. Although I have recently started to win better items including taverns, a fishery, chompies; I have yet to win any of the 'other' Alter Ego's, houses, or shrines. I did manage to win a Bed and Breakfast yesterday!
jcandance Red Sparx Gems: 88
#7 Posted: 22:41:48 01/09/2013
350 and i only got the stump smash
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#8 Posted: 00:39:29 02/09/2013
Over 500 and counting and I got Stump Smash, but cannot get Cupid Flameslinger which is the last alter ego I need. I have won 4 fisheries, 3 cocoa stands, 2 taverns, and a bakery, but I have never won a single shrine or giant house from the well. I read people on here who say they have, but given my results I would have thought they were only there to tease you into using up stones.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#9 Posted: 02:42:41 02/09/2013
In the past two months I've won one shrine and one giant house from the well, but I've spent over 1700 stones trying.
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#10 Posted: 12:13:32 02/09/2013
Over 500 stones thrown this weekend, completely disappointed by the results:
- Buddy Wrecking Ball
- 2 Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Taberns
- 1 Cocoa stands
And the rest, the usual crap: Trees, bushes, water wells and stones.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#11 Posted: 12:44:43 02/09/2013
Well I guess some of these posts make me feel a little better. I also do not have great luck with the wishing well. I always get the grand prize but have yet to win anything else except two cocoa stands. This time i spent 280 stones and it took 90 to win stump smash and the rest netted me the two cocoa stands. I so wanted a fishery and/or shrine
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
JaynaMac Green Sparx Gems: 404
#12 Posted: 12:53:46 02/09/2013
Dionysius, I was hoping for a fishery, too -- no luck. It took me about 150 stones to get Autumn Stump Smash; I tossed in another 30 stones hoping I'd get lucky, but not so much. I got a chompie snowman, a tavern, several jack-o-lanterns, and the $60k prize two more times. Well, at least I have Autumn (has anyone else noticed what his initials spell? LOL.).
---
Find me (Jaynamac) on Lost Islands....
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#13 Posted: 17:54:57 02/09/2013
I've found my people. It took me 180 to get Stumpy. I've thrown a total of 270 so far and got a Tavern, 2 Fisheries, 2 bakeries (junk), 3 60,000 prizes (junk) and a whole load of even junkier junk. Shoot, I should almost feel lucky in comparison to some of you. At least I got the fisheries. I have never had much better luck than this with the well. Sigh.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#14 Posted: 18:21:51 02/09/2013
Quote: sungren150
Over 500 stones thrown this weekend, completely disappointed by the results:
- Buddy Wrecking Ball
- 2 Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Taberns
- 1 Cocoa stands
And the rest, the usual crap: Trees, bushes, water wells and stones.

Um. You won two items worth 1000 gems each And a retired variant and 4 taverns...

and you are disappointed?!?
---
Activate name: Charred
WhiteHotDog Green Sparx Gems: 237
#15 Posted: 20:38:24 02/09/2013
I wasted over 200 stones early Saturday before the alters were "in" the well. I didn't know they needed to show up. Should've just waited for Sunday anyway. I really wanted those old alters though.

On my way to Stump Smash I won two bed and breakfasts, three taverns and a cocoa stand, but no alters. I couldn't believe the b and b's, especially two, but I would trade them both for Cupid flames linger or lucky boomer.

This game is great, but could be so much better without all the glitches...
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#16 Posted: 22:02:24 02/09/2013
Well I have enjoyed the weekend.

Rightly or wrongly I bought Gigantus, Cape Girl, Zap's number one fan & an earth shrine.

From 350 odd stones I won 2 B&Bs, 2 fisheries, 2 cocoa stands, 1 tavern, 2 blossom trees, 1 egg baket & 8x100,000 coins.

I won the shrine and one blossom tree on day three.

I have only ever won one house from the well and that was months ago and won all the alts the month they were released.
---
banksia123
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:30 02/09/2013 by Excelsior
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#17 Posted: 06:51:09 04/09/2013
Yes I spun over 400 stones, won Autumn Stump Smash after about 90, but I really wanted Lucky Boomer. No luck for me smilie

I have won a shrine in the past though, so I'm sure it's possible smilie
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#18 Posted: 08:26:32 04/09/2013
I enjoyed the weekend too. Tossed in about 2000 stones, because I REALLY wanted Cupid Flameslinger. I chased her to the very end, and she was the very last thing I won with barely 40 stones and an hour to spare.

Along the way, I collected TWENTY-FIVE Bed and Breakfasts (that's 10K experience every hour), 12 Blossom Trees, a tech shrine, Tree Rex's statue and GM Chop Chop's House. I sold off anything else I won.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#19 Posted: 11:07:06 04/09/2013
Sounds like you have a never ending supply of everything.

I thought I did well with 2 B&BS.

With my 2 extra shrines however I am looking forward to having all my Hall of Legends soon and being relaxed about my supply of coins.
---
banksia123
#20 Posted: 13:02:17 04/09/2013
Woz - that is insane!

Question: when you won a shrine, you said tech right? was it a tech day?

I decided to try my luck a bit more yesterday and won a life shrine on a life day. I am curious if the shrine you get is the same as the element of the day.

Also curious, did you win any radiant energy fields or airships?
---
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#21 Posted: 13:28:02 04/09/2013
I play this game almost every day and I still have never won any alter ego
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#22 Posted: 13:55:34 04/09/2013
Quote: Graz73

Have you tried to win this months? How far have you moved the Luck Meter. It takes around 175 stones to get to the upper region and once you hit that point you usually win it shortly thereafter. Prior to that, it is luck.

If you cannot get up to 175 attempts this month you probably won't win it. Depending on how far you have moved the meter and how many stones you get per month, you might want to consider saving until you get 175 and then going after next months.

I would recommend you consider purchasing some shrines. Do this: Wait for gems to be on sale or offer double the amount of the lowest 2. Then sit on those gems until you see shrines on sale. Buy earth, fire or undead since those will help you gain energy the best as well.

To summarize:
-The best strategy to win alts is to not wish until you have ~200 stones. If you don't have 200 stones, skip that month and save for next month.
-If you want to win alts, buy shrines to help you get 200 stones per month.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 15:47:15 04/09/2013
I agree with Charred's strategy. I skipped trying for Buddy Wrecking Ball (mostly because I didn't care about him) and saved up my stones. I can't remember, exactly, when I started playing, but I'm thinking I was nearing the end of a month (which I believe was April & Hoppity Pop Fizz). I kept trying for the alter egos, with no luck. Being that I didn't care for Buddy Wrecking Ball, I decided to save up for the next month. Ever since I've always had enough to win the alter ego near the beginning of the month, and that was with just the elemental totem giving wish stones. I did win a magic shrine, eventually, and I now have an undead shrine from last month's GM Chop Chop quest, so now I end up with more than I used to every month.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#24 Posted: 17:26:08 04/09/2013
Quote: Charred
Woz - that is insane!

Question: when you won a shrine, you said tech right? was it a tech day?

I decided to try my luck a bit more yesterday and won a life shrine on a life day. I am curious if the shrine you get is the same as the element of the day.

Also curious, did you win any radiant energy fields or airships?

I won the tech shrine the day BEFORE it was tech day. No radiant fields this time (I've won two). I've never won an airship - it's still on my list of things to chase. I can only assume that the ridiculous number of B&Bs is more than just luck. I'd say they coded the chance of it appearing wrong - it seemed to come up with the same frequency as the 100,000 gold.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#25 Posted: 22:45:12 04/09/2013
Quote: Charred
Quote: Graz73

Have you tried to win this months? How far have you moved the Luck Meter. It takes around 175 stones to get to the upper region and once you hit that point you usually win it shortly thereafter. Prior to that, it is luck.

If you cannot get up to 175 attempts this month you probably won't win it. Depending on how far you have moved the meter and how many stones you get per month, you might want to consider saving until you get 175 and then going after next months.

I would recommend you consider purchasing some shrines. Do this: Wait for gems to be on sale or offer double the amount of the lowest 2. Then sit on those gems until you see shrines on sale. Buy earth, fire or undead since those will help you gain energy the best as well.

To summarize:
-The best strategy to win alts is to not wish until you have ~200 stones. If you don't have 200 stones, skip that month and save for next month.
-If you want to win alts, buy shrines to help you get 200 stones per month.

The luck meter's regions are divided as follows:

1 stone
10 stones
40 stones
60 stones
60 stones
45 stones

To max the meter takes 216 stones. This month was the first time I've ever had to throw more than 150 to get the prize (took me 217).

To sum up, I agree with Charred - have at least 200 stones or don't risk it (unless you already have 10 halls).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me