Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Disney infinity. Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1
Disney infinity. Is it worth it? [CLOSED]
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#1 Posted: 02:06:54 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Should i buy disney infinity?
---
Team Hot Dog!
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 03:41:12 19/08/2013
It's up to you.

Worth it? Depends how much you're spending. Retail prices? Probly. Are you gonna go into it with an open mind? If not, then don't buy it.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 10:28:09 19/08/2013
read this..
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ga...isney-name.html

and read our members experience of the game here (specially gamemaster78, since he have good points)..
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=86798

but my advice to you is to stick to skylanders...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:28:32 19/08/2013 by kappapopm
Ruler of all Blue Sparx Gems: 756
#4 Posted: 22:20:16 19/08/2013
Probably not. if you want to spend extra money...
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#5 Posted: 22:59:02 19/08/2013
You should ask the people in Disney Infinity forum.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 23:11:24 19/08/2013
YES...
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 10:56:18 20/08/2013
Stick to Skylanders if you wanna save money.

But if not get it.
---
SkylandCitizen Green Sparx Gems: 285
#8 Posted: 11:19:11 20/08/2013
A review of DI:
http://www.gamesradar.com/disney-infinity-review/
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#9 Posted: 15:41:18 20/08/2013
heres a well thought out review:
http://www.ign.com/articles/20...infinity-review
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
#10 Posted: 16:49:48 20/08/2013
Quote: gamecocksc17

well thought out???... if your paid to give it a good review or on crack.. then yes... read the comments in the review and they give you another story.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 16:52:27 20/08/2013
Quote: kappapopm

well thought out???... if your paid to give it a good review or on crack.. then yes... read the comments in the review and they give you another story.

Sorry, Kappa, but you're acting no better than the older Spyro fanbase who said the same exact thing about Skylanders when it first came out and never even touched the game. 'Those reviewers were paid to give SSA good reviews! We all know it sucks! Hurrrrr!'
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:57 20/08/2013 by Aura24
#12 Posted: 17:38:11 20/08/2013

alright......
you want the truth. here it is. the OP asked if it was worth it.
two posters put up the worst reviews for the game.
i figured i would try and level the playing field a little.

out of the 13 reviews - 10 are a 7 or above. convenient that you and a brand spankin new member pick the 2 lowest out of 13 total reviews. i didn't even pick the best review.

The other 3 reviews are a 4, 5, and 6 overall.

you don't like disney. we get that. but you don't have to constantly bash it. i am not a CoD fan but I love HALO. I'm not constantly knockin on CoD lookin for one little thing wrong with it.

you think its a rip off of skylanders. ok. they use toys in a video game. then skylanders is a ripoff of ROB. but guess what......

DEAL WITH IT.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:01 20/08/2013 by gamecocksc17
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#13 Posted: 18:01:07 20/08/2013
Quote: Aura24

Sorry, Kappa, but you're acting no better than the older Spyro fanbase who said the same exact thing about Skylanders when it first came out and never even touched the game. 'Those reviewers were paid to give SSA good reviews! We all know it sucks! Hurrrrr!'

Actually, it's a well known fact (and has been for a while) that IGN are paid by certain publishers to give their games positive press and reviews. So are a number of other big gaming publications.

Not saying it definitely happened with Disney Infinity, but just pointing out that it's a legitimate possibility.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 18:03:28 20/08/2013
Then what about the other reviewers, like GameTrailers or GameSpot?

It's just extremely annoying with some fans repeatedly bashing on DI all because it copied the Skylanders toy concept but never played it themselves. They're really pushing it and don't have any clue on how it irritates other members, like the Skylander haters.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#15 Posted: 18:17:12 20/08/2013
phew.....so i guess we can throw out those reviews that ign gave skylanders too....
---
Shroomy Green Sparx Gems: 185
#16 Posted: 19:52:01 20/08/2013
This review seemed pretty accurate to me based off what I saw:
http://penny-arcade.com/report...through-poor-ex

I watched some friends play it last night. The toys are cool but the game itself feels like grand theft auto? If you like that sort of thing, then you'll love it! I prefer more linear gameplay and I don't really like mini quests but I know a lot of people dig that. Everything revolves around unlocks for toybox mode, so if you aren't into building levels or GTA style gameplay then I wouldn't recommend it. You can beat up your friends and do whatever you want in the playsets. It's really open.

The thing that sucks is that my friends bought the game thinking they could play co-op from the start but you NEED to buy another toy to play co-op. To play co-op in all 3 of the playsets you get with the game, you need to buy 3 more toys!! (you can only play as Monsters Inc. chars in the Monsters Inc. Playset and so on, no mixing.) That was really disappointing. The ads all made it look like you could mix it up.. even the intro to the game did.. so we had to go back to the store after starting the game to get another toy. :/
---
--Long Time Lurker--
#17 Posted: 21:37:26 20/08/2013
phew.....so i guess we can throw out those reviews that ign gave skylanders too....

gamemaster78 gave it a honest review and he said the diesny infinity sucked big time... so there you have it, a honest and truthful review. you can go read it in the link above i gave....
#18 Posted: 21:41:43 20/08/2013

gamemaster78 gave it a honest review and he said the diesny infinity sucked big time... so there you have it, a honest and truthful review. you can go read it in the link above i gave....

There's a thing called opinions, Kappa. It's GameMaster78's opinion of the game that he actually bought and played. It's not fact, don't treat it as such, please. Just because someone shares your negative opinion on DI, it doesn't automatically mean their review is "true".
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:29:30 20/08/2013 by Aura24
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#19 Posted: 21:51:06 20/08/2013
disney infinite is an entirely different game.... The only thing it shares with skylanders is the figures. My brother in law bought infinite, and has bought ALL the characters currently available. Ive been playing it with him since the day it came out.

Its not even the same as skylanders. Id recommend borrowing some ones, or waiting till the game drops in price at least. Its not worth the $80 at all. Its like a $20 value video game thats been hyped up because you can buy addition figures, which hardly helps you advance in the game. Ive put close to 15 hours into infinite because I like gathering achievements. BUT it really bothers me that people think it can even come close to competing with skylanders. You just dont get the same feel for the figures as you do the skylanders. You can pick your favourites... but I'm not attached to them like i am my skylanders. Because my skylanders help me battle evil, where the infinite guys only help me collect stuff, and do repetitive task for the other characters around the "play set". you cant even buy new moves or upgrade your characters. you just dont get the same feel of complettion with infinite figures as you do skylanders. and the figures dont remember their data if you take ownership on another game.

I myself will buy the characters i like, but i will not buy them all. I also feel it will wash up pretty soon. Skylanders has NOTHING to worry about.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#20 Posted: 23:40:14 20/08/2013
Quote: Kevinvert
Should i buy disney infinity?

1) So much hate for DI. It's just a game, like thousands of other ones. Calm down people.

2) The Penny Arcade review is pretty accurate IMO from what I've played so far. (I own it)

3) It's not the same as Skylanders. They both have figures, but it's simply just not the same type of game. The figures aren't even as relevant in DI as they are in Skylanders, IMO.

4) It's brand new. Give Disney a month or so to polish things up and gameplay will probably be a lot better.

5) It's not about what's in the game, it's about the Toy Box mode for longevity. Already Disney has provided additional content. That's after a couple days, give it more time and the extras are going to be huge.

But, to your question. "Is it worth it"?

That depends on time and money. Is it the best game ever made. No, not really. If you don't mind paying the money and you have the time to try it out, then I think it's worth it. If you don't have a lot of time and/or money, then I would suggest against it. If you're in the middle, and you're a skylander fan, then you'll probably want to save your money for now. Swap Force isn't too far away now.

But really, you have to define what 'worth' means to you first.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#21 Posted: 00:15:47 21/08/2013
Who thinks that I should get Infinity or just get Mario & Luigi: Dream Team with some other video game too.....I'm really torn since I really do want both but will only be given a $100 bucks come thursday....
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#22 Posted: 02:21:06 21/08/2013
Dream Team. Infinity is going to drain your wallet as you'll want to keep buying more Level Packs to complete each story.
---
words. letters. filler.
shelbysmiler Red Sparx Gems: 27
#23 Posted: 02:35:36 23/08/2013
infinity looks really cool, but really expensive. so i dont know what to dosmilie
but i'll try to get it any way
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:38:24 23/08/2013 by shelbysmiler
#24 Posted: 11:45:51 23/08/2013
Quote: shelbysmiler
infinity looks really cool, but really expensive. so i dont know what to dosmilie

DONT BUY IT
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:53:11 23/08/2013 by kappapopm
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#25 Posted: 21:53:31 23/08/2013
Shut up already Kappa. Nobody cares about your opinion anymore.
---
words. letters. filler.
#26 Posted: 21:54:30 23/08/2013
Quote: shelbysmiler

It's your choice, shelby. You can buy the game or not buy it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:42 23/08/2013 by Aura24
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#27 Posted: 00:15:40 24/08/2013
To me the game was meant for Disney fan.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#28 Posted: 02:30:12 27/08/2013
I did a fairly detailed review over here: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=86699&page=3

TLsmilieR - There might be an awesome game under there, but you'll never know. The bulk of the content is locked and requires the right toy to unlock.
Unlike Skylanders, where the core of the game is open to everyone from the get-go, Infinity requires the toys to get to the meat of the game.
If you just get the starter set of Skylanders you can still play most the game. With the Infinity starter set you're stuck with the (pretty terrible) movie tie-in games and a toy box that lacks most of the pieces you'll need to make what you want.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me