Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Pokemon New Topic/Discussion: CoroCoro and more! (Pics are large)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Pokemon New Topic/Discussion: CoroCoro and more! (Pics are large) [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 06:18:34 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been released and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We're currently in the process of translating, with thanks to my good friend StreetsAhead, so keep checking back. Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing
[User Posted Image]
Pancham's evolution is called Koronda (コロンダ). It is the Aggressive Pokémon, is 2.1m tall, weighs 136kg, and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution
[User Posted Image]
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon is 0.4m tall weighing 3.5kg, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reverasl Pokémon, is 1.5m tall and 47kg, and both are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
[User Posted Image]
The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon, is 0.2m tall and 0.5kg in weight and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y
[User Posted Image]
The puff ball is called Peroppafu ( ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon, is 0.4m/3.5kg and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X
[User Posted Image]
starter pics.
[User Posted Image]
CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form
Pokémon

ALSO:
Honedge has the ability of No Guard
Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called ****oron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ)
The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ). He will occasionally battle you.
The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団). Their purpose is solely to make money

All of this is from serebii, and to large to fit into the Pokemon Thread smilie Hope you enjoy smilie
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:04 12/07/2013 by joerox123
#2 Posted: 06:30:21 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Here wanderist.
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#3 Posted: 06:33:44 11/07/2013
Yep, I see it. :3

I can't say I like the Pokemon in the third image, but that's the only one in like, this entire generation so far that I don't really like. But all those new fairy types are soo cuuute! :3
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#4 Posted: 06:38:57 11/07/2013
So far Kalos is my second favorite region! c:
And this is probably very weird, but I find the Proffessor to be very attractive.
#5 Posted: 06:40:21 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Kalos is my fav because Sylveon smilie
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 06:40:22 11/07/2013
TEAM FLARE IS PERFECT OMFG
#7 Posted: 06:40:48 11/07/2013
Quote: Underian
And this is probably very weird, but I find the Proffessor to be very attractive.

He is kinda cute, isn't he?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:41:19 11/07/2013 by wanderist
#8 Posted: 06:41:47 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Team flair crushes us with their Style D:
---
#9 Posted: 06:43:40 11/07/2013
Quote: wanderist
Quote: Underian

He is kinda cute, isn't he?

Very,

Quote: joerox123
Team flair crushes us with their Style D:

if only i had style
#10 Posted: 06:47:42 11/07/2013
They are definitely more stylish than Team Plasma and Team Galactic. Their outfits are so cool looking. :3
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#11 Posted: 13:54:59 11/07/2013
Good cause I am gonna get X and I like clauncher better than skrelp, no evolutions for the starters?
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#12 Posted: 14:19:17 11/07/2013
Am i the only one who doesn't like the look of the new Pokemon shown?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#13 Posted: 14:21:50 11/07/2013
I really hope that the black guy isn't the dark type gym leader.
#14 Posted: 15:17:01 11/07/2013
But....but....who has the better style? Tram Flair or Team Galatica wirh their cool hair cuts D:
---
Gay 4 GARcher
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#15 Posted: 15:51:42 11/07/2013
Quote: DragonCamo
Am i the only one who doesn't like the look of the new Pokemon shown?

Nope. To me it looks like another Gen 5.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
#16 Posted: 17:22:41 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
We'll probably get the starter evo's next month smilie The teaser for next month's CoroCoro issue, due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month. But, that means it will leak anywhere from the 8th-12th. Sadly, I will be in school by then and miss it until I get home for the day when no one wants to talk about t anymore D;. We also, opefully but probably not, will get the Starter's when CC is officialy revealed, these are just leaks, it comes out tommorow. Along with the new Movie!
---
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#17 Posted: 19:12:58 11/07/2013
Seriously, just post the Bulbapedia version. I never use Serebii. EVER.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#18 Posted: 19:14:03 11/07/2013
Quote: King_Pika
Seriously, just post the Bulbapedia version. I never use Serebii. EVER.

;___________________________________;
#19 Posted: 19:21:40 11/07/2013
The black guy may be the Dark type gym leader due to his clothing. That is raciest Game Freak.
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#20 Posted: 19:36:19 11/07/2013
He's a Rock leader. Look at him. He has climbing gear.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#21 Posted: 19:40:12 11/07/2013
Quote: King_Pika
He's a Rock leader. Look at him. He has climbing gear.

According to Google.
Quote: Google
why don't black people rock climb
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#22 Posted: 22:45:41 11/07/2013
Quote: Rand O M
New rumor from pokebeach. Smash should air sometime soon I believe where new info could be revealed.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

This sure sounds a lot like the two new 'Squid' Pokémon. What with the same typing and the 'Turn Over' move. Plus, Inkay? So is this new method of evolution turning the 3DS upside down?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#23 Posted: 01:23:58 12/07/2013
Quote: Dmcrocks
New rumor from pokebeach. Smash should air sometime soon I believe where new info could be revealed.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

This sure sounds a lot like the two new 'Squid' Pokémon. What with the same typing and the 'Turn Over' move. Plus, Inkay? So is this new method of evolution turning the 3DS upside down?

OMG,those rumors are becoming true.It is also the same for Pancham evo since that is how he evoles.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#24 Posted: 01:30:26 12/07/2013
Wait, a professor who actually BATTLES you? GameFreak, you're listening! ^___^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#25 Posted: 01:40:13 12/07/2013
They need a Grass/Ghost type >__>
---
Gay 4 GARcher
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#26 Posted: 02:50:06 12/07/2013

woah i didnt read that and i really wish i did now
im sorry but thats freaking awesome
#27 Posted: 03:48:29 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I really like Koronda. It reminds me of Ursaring and Beartic. Plus we needed more bear Pokemon anyways since they appear to be in short supply since there are only nine of them if I remember correctly. Snorlax, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Spinda, Munchlax, Cubchoo, Beartic, Pancham, and Koronda. Those are the only bear Pokemon I remember, so that makes nine. But yeah, I really like Koronda. smilie

Actually, Spinda is a Red Panda. But other then that yep!
---
#28 Posted: 04:59:42 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: joerox123
Actually, Spinda is a red panda.

Yes, I'm aware that Spinda is a red panda. I meant bear-like, but I suppose that makes eight true bear Pokemon then.

Yeah, I know what you mean smilie
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#29 Posted: 12:48:06 12/07/2013

Thank ARCEUS it's not Fire/Fighting this time. Still, unless the evo completely wows me, I'm still getting either Chespin or Froakie. The only reason Fennekin is popular is because it's a fox.

Also, anyone else have a feeling the black guy looks related to Dahlia? (Plus, how would a Dark type Black gym leader be racist. Last gen had a black Gym leader who was Normal type, and another who was Water type.)
#30 Posted: 15:24:25 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Serebii
Following their reveal in CoroCoro yesterday, The Pokémon Company has now announced the US names of the latest Pokémon. First, the evolution of Pancham, Goronda is to be called Pangoro.
The first squid Pokémon, Maika, will be known in English as Inkay, with its move Turn Over being called Topsy-Turvy. Its evolution, Karamanero, will be known as Malamar.
Next, the Pokémon Peroppafu will be known as Swirlix with its move Drain Kiss being called Draining Kiss and its ability, Sweet Veil, shall keep its name
Finally, the Pokémon Shushup will be known as Spritzee. The New Pokémon Page has been updated with various details about each Pokémon.
Next comes the details of Xerneas and Yveltal. Xerneas' ability is to keep its name of Fairy Aura, while its move Geo Control shall be called Geomancy. Yveltal's ability also keeps its Japanese name of Dark Aura while its move, Death Wing, shall be called Oblivion Wing. In addition to this, they have also confirmed various names of characters. The Professor, Purataanu, shall be known in English as Professor Sycamore. Team Flare will keep its Japanese name and finally, the two Gym Leaders, ****oron and Zakuro shall be called Clemont & Grant respectively Clemont has a sister called Bonnie.
Miracle trade is known as Wonder Trade and allows you to receive Pokémon without knowing what you'll get. O-Powers keep their name. The Holo Caster is also used to communicate with other characters in the game. For the first time in the main Pokémon series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y allow you to receive a Pokémon not yet registered in your Pokédex via GTS trade!
You can also take photos in the game that can be shared.

So all that rumor obove is true smilie. OCTOBER COME ALREADY!

NEW GAMEPLAY VID:
---
#31 Posted: 15:26:57 12/07/2013
The first move looks like trick room.
#32 Posted: 15:33:55 12/07/2013
The Professor is just so ._.'

Squid thing is on my team, female named Ursula. Done.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#33 Posted: 18:47:31 12/07/2013
TEAM FLAIR <3 THEY JUST WANT DUH MONEY. DEY BE S0 FLAIR
---
words. letters. filler.
#34 Posted: 19:19:21 12/07/2013
Pokemon X and Y's logo are the same colors as Ruby and Saphire.
Team Magma wears red.
Team Flair wears red.
Team Flair = Team Magma.
#35 Posted: 19:25:24 12/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
The first move looks like trick room.

it is called Topsy-turvy, This move will completely invert all stat changes on the opponent. Basically, since it is has contrary, if the opponent use Superpower, then you use T-T then you'd get those, but Contrary makes it +1 Defense, + 1 Attack. Statception.
---
#36 Posted: 19:26:30 12/07/2013
Quote: MugoUrth
The only reason Fennekin is popular is because it's a fox.

Last generation had a black gym leader who was Normal type, and another who was Water type.

That isn't exactly true. I don't find Fennekin cute just because it's a fox (in fact, I didn't really think of it's species until now), I just personally find it cuter than the other two Generation VI starters. Don't get me wrong, Chespin and Froakie are still cute, but Chespin looks way too much like Oshawott and it's design is kind of unappealing. Froakie's design is unique, but it still comes off as kind of unappealing to me as well.

Actually, Marlon isn't black, he just has tan skin (take a better look at his official artwork). :/

[User Posted Image]

You can easily see the tan line on him.

Marlon is hip, yo.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#37 Posted: 19:31:21 12/07/2013
Marlon is hip, yo.

Indeed, not to mention sexy. <3333 *shot*

dont post sexual innuendo sess youll get deleted like me smilie
#38 Posted: 19:38:01 12/07/2013
Marlon is hip, yo.

Indeed, not to mention sexy. <3333 *shot*

Dat weird-ass tan line <3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#39 Posted: 19:41:59 12/07/2013
I wanna see more of his tan lines :333
#40 Posted: 19:43:27 12/07/2013
I love how after you beat him and he goes into the water, the only thing you can see is his tuff of hair sticking out of the water smilie
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#41 Posted: 19:56:34 12/07/2013
Marlon x Kalos Professor, new OTP
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#42 Posted: 02:49:51 13/07/2013
No one noticed the resemblance between the new Black guy and Dahlia the Arcade Star?
#43 Posted: 03:26:01 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
WPM posted that there is a new tree pokemon, that was scary:
[User Posted Image]

Quote: WPM
Live from Japan! A new tree-like Pokemon has been revealed in an X/Y commercial preceding Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening. It was brown and green like a tree's typical coloring but looked extremely menacing and spider-like. It was seen in a hoard battle. Myself, Gin, and some of our friends have made sketches of the new Pokemon and here's the best we could come up with for now (we ran out of the theater to post it).
---
#44 Posted: 04:51:42 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Pokebeach
Live from Japan! A new tree-like Pokemon has been revealed in an X/Y commercial preceding Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening - its name is Aurotto (オーロット). It was brown and green like a tree's typical coloring but looked extremely menacing and spider-like. It was seen in a hoard battle. Gin, myself, and some of our friends have made sketches of the Pokemon and here's the best we could come up with (we ran out of the theater to post it).
The trailer also showed the player riding a bike.
Aurotto
Here are the basic plot points of the Genesect film. Like last year's movie, the film was relatively short. It had a few touching moments (specifically related to Douse Drive Genesect), but overall, there wasn't much meat to the film. It seems like the writers had an idea for the end, but didn't know what to do for the middle of the movie. It was just: the Genesect fire an attack, Mewtwo / wild Pokemon / Pikachu / Douse Drive Genesect stop it, rinse and repeat. And of course, the Mewtwo is different and Ash did not remember what a Mewtwo is - typical.
Ash asked Mewtwo who she is. No one had ever seen a Mewtwo before.
Mewtwo was cloned from Mew by different scientists, who are evil, then unintentionally blew up their lab and killed them after they were shocking her with electrodes and she was trying to push them away.
Mewtwo traveled away and got zapped by lightning in a storm, then fell to the ground and into a cave. Some Pokemon nursed it back to health.
Mewtwo's new forme is obviously some sort of speed forme.
Genesect were revived from fossils by Team Plasma then escaped.
The Genesect attack New Tork City because it reminds them of their home from prehistoric times and they want to take over. They try to make a nest for themselves.
The Genesect with the Douse Drive gets close to Ash and crew and protects them. He has a little boy's voice and is nostalgic for a flower that is growing in New Tork City that is from their home. He is not aggressive at all and is portrayed as "cute."
Red Genesect is a meany and tells the other Genesect to attack everyone, but it's not really evil. However it can force the other Genesect to fight against their will (which happens with Douse Drive Genesect a lot). As they attack Ash and crew, Mewtwo saves the day.
The rest of the film is about Mewtwo trying to convince the Genesect to go with her - they are unneeded Pokemon born unnaturally, so they should go somewhere else together.
Red Genesect and Mewtwo zoom around the entire city. The worst of the damage is a few smashed walls.
The Genesect nest catches fire because it is feeding into the city's generators. While the wild Pokemon have been attacking the Genesect the entire film (and vice versa), they help put the fire out and the Genesect are touched. They stop fighting.
At the end, Red Genesect isn't listening to anyone so Mewtwo grabs it and zooms up into space. Both lose consciousness. They wake up and watch the sun peak around the Earth, learning that they are part of this world or whatever, then fall back through the atmosphere at uncontrollable speeds. Red Genesect helps Mewtwo as they fall and the two take each others hands. The other Genesect form a web to break the fall, Charizard and Dragonite help, and the Psychic-type wild Pokemon form a bubble from a pond to stop them from hitting the ground.
The Genesect make their home in New Tork City and form a new nest near the flowers.
Mewtwo leaves, but then at the end of the film is watching over the city.
A wild Sableye and Feraligatr were heavily featured in the film. Feraligatr because it was needed to put out the fires, Sableye for no real reason. Perhaps it will have an evolution in X/Y, so they decided to promote it here?
At some point in the film there was a shot of New Tork City on fire with thick clouds of black smoke (one of the characters was describing what would happen if the Genesect nest continued to expand into the city's electrical systems). It looked very much like 9/11. When we walked out of the theater we all simultaneously stated that we think the shot will be cut out of the American dub. smilie
At the end of the film, a new trailer for 2014's X/Y movie was shown. We see the Starters attacking each other as well as Xerneas and Yveltal.

New news!
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me