Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Have you ever got that time when..
Page 1 of 1
Have you ever got that time when.. [CLOSED]
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#1 Posted: 21:48:46 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
You've been playing a game for so long, when you go on to another game you're too used to the controls on the game you've been playing that you use the controls from said game you've been playing for a long time?

It's happened to me!!
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 21:50:22 06/07/2013
Yes. It's called Muscle Memory, and it's really annoying if you switch between different games in the same series that have different control schemes. I always have serious difficult with Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, cause I'm so used to the future games' Lock-Strafe, but in that one I have to hold down one of the shoulder buttons to strafe, which always throws me off. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 21:56:58 06/07/2013
When I switched from a Wii controller to a PS1 (Crash Bandicoot nostalgia!), I had a bit of difficulty.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 22:15:14 06/07/2013
All the time. I find playing Read Dead Redemption/GTA for a long amount of time is the most annoying. Tapping to sprint has got to be one of the worst controls I have had to use, but when I get into something like Assassin's Creed after playing too much of Read Dead Redemption/GTA then I always find myself tapping the attack button when I want to run.

(On a side note: most PC games have the same control scheme or the controls are usually always map-able on PC games - so I never face this issue on PC)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 22:16:31 06/07/2013
Lego Star Wars on Wii and Star Wars on the Wii.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#6 Posted: 23:20:58 06/07/2013
This with me and Skylanders....so much.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#7 Posted: 23:22:34 06/07/2013
Yes. Anytime I play Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix I have trouble with the X and O controls. Final Mix is a japanese only game. In the japanese KH games, X and O are opposite.

English: X=Attack/Select on menu, O=Jump/Back on menu
Japanese: X=Jump/Back on menu, O=Attack/Select on menu

Since I am use to the english games, I always try to press one when I want the other. This is usually only bad when I'm scrolling through the start menu. Battling was difficult at first but now only a little tricky.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me