darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force at E3: What Would You Like to Know?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Swap Force at E3: What Would You Like to Know? [CLOSED]
1ofWiisdom Green Sparx Gems: 480
#1 Posted: 07:25:44 06/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I've been meaning to get this up for awhile, but haven't had the time. I actually even held off mentioning it at all until this past weekend on the blog.

I have been fortunate enough and greatly humbled to have the chance to attend E3 next week to cover Skylanders and Swap Force.

I figure the vast majority of "what we want to know" is the same, but there are often folks who have questions/concerns etc that I don't think of...

As of this moment I do not know how much free time I will have, who I can run into, or if I can score any interviews or not...I'm kind of approaching it as the low man on the totem pole, but you never know.

Obviously I plan to focus on the characters, unique features, etc. I am particularly interested in the fate of the 8 Castaways. Again, the greater percentage of what you want to know, likely mirrors what I and everyone else wants to know, but as mentioned...if you've got anything unique you want investigated let me know and if I get the chance I will try to make it happen.

The best way is to post on the blog since it is seamless and I will actually have a hard e-mail copy I can pull up on the phone etc. That said, I'll try to monitor things here and on Twitter, Google +, and Facebook (worst option imo...notifications are horrible).

I've had several come up with some good questions I personally wouldn't have thought of asking.

It should be a blast and I am looking forward to seeing everything first hand and getting to relay the info in that manner...There may be a few instances where I can attempt to live blog things, I'll honestly just have to wait and see how it pans out. I hope to have the 3DS at all times, so maybe if anyone from the forum is there we can land StreetPass Tags!

Let me know what you'd like to know more about/have explained and I will do my best to help you out.

And I feel obligated to post this based on past experience: Yes, this is real. No, I will not post pics of the E3 badge, or travel itinerary with my personal info. I would not waste my time and yours for something frivolous. I'm genuinely interested in what other Skylander fans want to know and I will honestly do my best to help turn up the info. Again, this was unexpected on my end, but I certainly won't complain...It is a rare opportunity, I was able to get off from work, and it will be awesome to learn of everything in a first hand manner that I can then share with everyone else!
---
1ofWiisdom: Blogger, YouTuber, and Portal Master
http://www.1ofWiisdom.com
http://www.youtube.com/1ofWiisdom
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 07:29:14 06/06/2013
I have a question for E3: Will the Skylanders show a lot more personality in the upcoming game than they did in Giants?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 07:33:46 06/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
I have a question for E3: Will the Skylanders show a lot more personality in the upcoming game than they did in Giants?

Are you talking animations (unique to the character), cut scenes, or what? I know what you mean in general, just want to get it right. It would be nice to see more individual traits exhibited...lots of potential there. That is actually the type of question a developer would love to hear.
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#4 Posted: 07:36:40 06/06/2013
How about: Do you ever plan on adding any of the characters from the originals? (Apart from Spyro, Cynder, Sparx.)
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 07:39:50 06/06/2013
Quote: 1ofWiisdom
Quote: Aura24

Are you talking animations (unique to the character), cut scenes, or what? I know what you mean in general, just want to get it right. It would be nice to see more individual traits exhibited...lots of potential there. That is actually the type of question a developer would love to hear.

Yeah, like how they would act in the in-game cutscenes they appear in with other characters, while in gameplay, any other animations. Or how they would interact to one another while in co-op.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:44:56 06/06/2013 by Aura24
Hotdog88 Blue Sparx Gems: 722
#6 Posted: 11:13:15 06/06/2013
Ask about sidekicks for this game and ask if their swappable.
---
Looking for smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
and sidekicks and swap force
Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
#7 Posted: 11:21:53 06/06/2013
Not to be selfish of asking,if you are able to get the opportunity to,can you ask about ever implementing more games modes such as online,4 player co-op, ect. If you do,thanks in advance
---
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#8 Posted: 11:48:08 06/06/2013
Ask for female Swapers.
---
i am trash
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#9 Posted: 13:26:44 06/06/2013
Can you ask: Will there be a bank so you can store and transfer Skylanders' money?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#10 Posted: 13:56:08 06/06/2013
Well, knowing the track record of released information for each game thus far, we won't get much at E3. Maybe we will get a new trailer, and a couple of new reveals. However, after that, we will get nothing until October, when the game releases, or if the media is invited back out to Toys For Bob/Vicarious Visions.

I wish they would reveal all at E3, which leads to hype and people talking about what their favorites will be. They need to reveal all and keep people interested now that Infinity is doing the whole "toys to life" genre.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 14:15:00 06/06/2013
Will there be variants?

What do S3s do now?

Will LightCores have anything new?

Are there gonna be Legendary Skylanders?

Will there be Swap variants?

Will there be new Sidekicks?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:51 07/06/2013 by Matteomax
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#12 Posted: 15:35:48 06/06/2013
i would like to hear more about the wow pows....about the new outfit etc....stealth elfs new outfit made me think we get the same problem like chill
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#13 Posted: 16:08:54 06/06/2013
The only question I have is will smilie get remade?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#14 Posted: 16:15:26 06/06/2013
Can you ask if villains such as Vathek, Hektore, and Occulous will return in Swap Force or at least future games in the series?

Additionally, can you ask about Skylanders: Kaos Alliance?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:04:37 10/06/2013 by spyrocrash
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#15 Posted: 16:33:32 06/06/2013
I'd like to get some clarification on those heroics.
#16 Posted: 16:39:33 06/06/2013
yeahm we need more info on hero ics !
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#17 Posted: 16:50:01 06/06/2013
How will the Adventure packs be released? How many are there? Are there any new features to be aware of?

what is the planned release of the new characters? Is there a plan?

How many arenas are planned?

Will there be any DLC that will not require the purchase of a figure?

Will the new portal be backward compatible?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#18 Posted: 18:23:11 06/06/2013
will the new portal work with the older games... and any plan for online in later games if not swap force get online.... yeah that is it.
#19 Posted: 18:24:04 06/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm
will the new portal work with the older games... and any plan for online in later games if not swap force get online.... yeah that is it.

pretty much this too
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#20 Posted: 21:52:51 06/06/2013
I only want to know if the forgotten 8 come back
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#21 Posted: 22:05:02 06/06/2013
To anyone asking if x or y character is going to return: they won't answer any questions concerning characters that will be in SSW.
#22 Posted: 22:09:38 06/06/2013
1ofwiisdom, can you ask about Adventure Packs and how many there will be? That's what I mainly want to know. Outside of that, all I could ask for someone to ask, is if the games are coming to PS4 or Xbox One. So far, I am not getting those consoles, due to my huge hatred towards anything with any form of DRM on it, but it's still a good question to ask, for those who are getting those systems.
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#23 Posted: 23:19:44 06/06/2013
how many levels, will lightcores get wow pows, will there be something that lets you switch outfits?
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#24 Posted: 00:18:48 07/06/2013
I'd like to know if they always intend to have Flynn in the games. I thought Spyro's Adventure worked really well because the console game and 3DS game had a totally different set of characters and a whole different plotline, and took us to different areas of Skylands. I'd also like to know if there will be any big advantages to having the Giants from the previous game in Swap Force.

Oh, and keep an eye out for any kind of poster that shows all the new characters, and try to get a good picture of it. That was what kept us going in the months before Giants. If you do find one, take several pictures in case one doesn't turn out. And most importantly, take a photo with the flash, and a photo without the flash, as the flash will block certain things.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25 Posted: 00:51:56 07/06/2013
Very good ideas on the pics of the posters Dino!
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#26 Posted: 06:56:21 07/06/2013
THE FATE OF CAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smilie
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#27 Posted: 15:21:24 07/06/2013
Please ask if they are planning to make country and system exclusives again *stares at smilie and smilie who I wanted but were too difficult to get*
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#28 Posted: 15:28:50 07/06/2013
I think I'd be satisfied having some clear cut information. We can all agree that Xbox's reveal left a lot of questions unanswered, which took a serious hit from the internet. So i'd like some clear cut answers:

-What is going to be in each of the starter packs?

-What is going to happen with the 8 characters who were never reposed

-What's the "official" term we should call the reposed characters like Stealth Elf
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#29 Posted: 15:49:41 07/06/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
I think I'd be satisfied having some clear cut information. We can all agree that Xbox's reveal left a lot of questions unanswered, which took a serious hit from the internet. So i'd like some clear cut answers:

-What is going to be in each of the starter packs?

-What is going to happen with the 8 characters who were never reposed

-What's the "official" term we should call the reposed characters like Stealth Elf

1=console packs= whas buckler , blast zone and s3 stealth (IDK if this is what you mean)
2=i would like to know too
3= all characters with apeard in ssa will be called s3 if they had an s2 , i am not sure about the gyys who dont have an s2.....
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#30 Posted: 23:25:27 07/06/2013
Maybe ask them if they'll ever release variants in New Zealand? (With the exception of those who come in the starter pack.)
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#31 Posted: 23:39:55 07/06/2013
Pls I want to know if they'll do series 3 giants with a new pose? thanks for the anwser!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#32 Posted: 23:43:16 07/06/2013
^ they wont do that, a guy in an interview said that the giants and the swap force characters are only to make that game more special and not just a game with new characters that do the exact same things from the last game
#33 Posted: 11:32:34 08/06/2013
Ok... :c Will they do a online mode??? ''Look at my post called SSF wii online???''
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#34 Posted: 11:37:54 08/06/2013
Anything about Aurics shop coming back?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#35 Posted: 12:02:31 08/06/2013
can u ask how will the soul gems work
#36 Posted: 18:49:30 08/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
1ofwiisdom, can you ask about Adventure Packs and how many there will be? That's what I mainly want to know. Outside of that, all I could ask for someone to ask, is if the games are coming to PS4 or Xbox One. So far, I am not getting those consoles, due to my huge hatred towards anything with any form of DRM on it, but it's still a good question to ask, for those who are getting those systems.

To quote myself, I had a few more questions, if you wouldn't mind asking them, 1ofwiisdom. I think these questions - if answered - would help the resident Skylanders fans.

1: Are Adventure Packs returning, and if so, how many?
2: Is the main Swap Force storyline, outside of Adventure Packs, as long as Giants or Spyro's Adventure?
3: Is online play being added to Swap Force?
4: Are Battle Packs returning, and if so, how many?
5: Are Feats of Strength, Giant Accessible Areas, and single Elemental Gates returning along with Cross Elemental Gates and Swap Force Zones?

Asking any of these would be greatly appreciated.
---
#37 Posted: 19:54:21 08/06/2013
Oh I found an IMPORTANT question!!! Does we'll have to get all the swap force for the SF zone!?!?!? Cuz in the gameplay demo,*Youtube*, there is the SF zone that we have to go in to destroy the ship or tower... anyway. So... I need to know!
---
#38 Posted: 20:23:53 08/06/2013
You may just have to get 8 of the Swap Force characters to get each ability. With the demo, keep in mind that that was a flying zone, Blast Zone is a flying character. Its like the Giant zone in level 1 of Skylanders Giants, you will have the character necessary to complete the first level and go through the rest of the game, though, you would need more Swap Force characters to 100% the game
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#39 Posted: 20:25:44 08/06/2013
Now I want to know what that beehive character's name is and the others as well.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#40 Posted: 20:28:34 08/06/2013
I really want to know what the Snake characters name is
#41 Posted: 21:58:57 08/06/2013
Quote: isaac343018s
You may just have to get 8 of the Swap Force characters to get each ability. With the demo, keep in mind that that was a flying zone, Blast Zone is a flying character. Its like the Giant zone in level 1 of Skylanders Giants, you will have the character necessary to complete the first level and go through the rest of the game, though, you would need more Swap Force characters to 100% the game

yeah but... you can do the 1st chapter without a Giant... Simply by going in the hole of the rock giant...
---
#42 Posted: 10:16:27 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for all the feedback...I am strapped for time, BUT I plan to make a blog post archiving all the questions from all outlets.

If their presentation and info they provide doesn't provide answers and I am given the chance I will just start going down the list. I'll try to weigh things based on the number of inquires etc. if it looks like any solo question time will be limited. If no one else is asking, I'll go full tilt till they get sick of me, haha.

Everything will be going down Tuesday FYI...

I'm still not sure if I can crank out videos of good quality on the road...(I seriously can not find my good software to try and stick it on the laptop). The laptop can do it, but it'll be Movie Maker...At that point I am almost inclined just to post info and handle the videos when I get home. I suppose I could render the HQ stuff after the fact...I'll just have to see how it all pans out time wise.

I hope to have the blog's SF Question Archive done before I go to bed tomorrow night (Sunday night...I'm still up on Saturday night)...What I'll try to do for everyone is just come in with a different font color below the stuff I am able to learn or find out. That seems like it will be the easiest way for everyone to skim the post and find what they want to know.

Again, I'll update here when the question post is up...Lots of good stuff so far! Keep it coming! I should be able to skim everything one more time Monday night before things pick up Tuesday!
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#43 Posted: 10:28:22 09/06/2013
You're already going to be asking about the 8 characters that weren't reposed for Giants?

Eh, I got nothing then.
---
Eh.
Sky Master 1606 Blue Sparx Gems: 776
#44 Posted: 14:17:01 09/06/2013
A question that I have is will the characters in the different console starter packs be available without the need to pay for various console versions. Say for example, I purchase the Xbox version of SSF which comes with Blast Zone, Wash Buckler, and Ninja Stealth Elf. The question I have is will the characters in the 3DS version be available in single packs so that those who want to have the entire collection of skylanders will be able to get them without having to purchase the 3DS version of the game. It wasn't much of a problem for giants because the characters were mostly the same across all console versions, but considering how the 3DS version of the game for Swap Force has a different lineup of characters than the other versions, I can't help but wonder if they will be version exclusive or if they will be available right away for those who want the characters but do not want to spend a lot more money for the separate version if it is not required.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#45 Posted: 21:38:54 09/06/2013
How they will handle heroic challenges with only 16 reposes and if the old skylanders will unlock challenges this time
PortalMaster13 Green Sparx Gems: 130
#46 Posted: 22:15:05 09/06/2013
1) Will quests for each Skylander from Giants make a reappearance in Swap Force?
2) When Giants jump, will they be able to hurt enemies by landing on them?
3) How many levels are there in all in Swap Force?
4) Will the sound (that heroic music sound) giants make when they land into Skylands be in Swap Force as well?
5) Are story scrolls, legendary treasure items, etc. be in Swap Force?
6) What is the main hub in Swap Force?
---
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure: 37/37, Skylanders Giants: 61/62, Skylanders Swap Force: ?/?
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#47 Posted: 22:16:18 09/06/2013
What happends if you only put one half on the portal.
---
i am trash
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#48 Posted: 22:22:36 09/06/2013
Quote: Takadox360
What happends if you only put one half on the portal.

This made me laugh really hard
#49 Posted: 22:39:31 09/06/2013
Quote: Takadox360
What happens if you only put one half on the portal.

Depends which half, the top half will do nothing since the magnet will be touching the portal, and the bottom half will probably just tell you to put a top half on it. though that got me thinking, what if you put the bottom half on the portal and then put on a top instead of combining both parts and putting the complete figure on the portal
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me