Page 1 of 1
Hopes for Swap Force? [CLOSED]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 03:59:28 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm pretty darn excited for Swap Force, and I have a few hopes for the game:

• A Continuation Pack- Let me explain. My idea is to make a bundle with the game that's basically the starter pack without the S3 smilie, (assuming she will come in the SSF starter kit) since i've got an S1 smilie from the 3DS SSA starter pack laying in my drawer that not even my sister wants. She liked her for a little while, but then she decided to not like her anymore. I'm not entirely sure why, but now I think she wants smilie more than her, so yeah. (UPDATE: The console starter pack has Blast Zone, Wash Buckler and S3 smilie, while the 3DS starter pack has Free Ranger, Rattle Shake, and S3 Volcanic smilie. Idealistically, the continuation packs should basically be the starter pack minus the S3 smilie/Volcanic smilie.)

• S3 versions of those unreposed as an S2- Self-explanitory. I would love an S3 smilie, though.

• Some sort of online mode- It could be anything, from some sort of online co-op mode, a online battling system, or possibly anything else TFB and Vicarious Visions could think of.

• A difficult boss only unlockable by having at least one of each element- It would be nice to get another boss fight out of the game before I decide to try to get all of the Trophies I've missed while in the main story mode. Think of it as a sort of a true final boss.

• A boss rush mode- A mode unlocked after beating the story mode where you fight the bosses from the previous games (SSA, SG) and the bosses from SSF.

• Bonuses for owners of SSA and/or SG-If you've played Pokemon Black 2/White 2, think of this as something like the Memory Link feature that connects to Black 1/White 1, thus receiving bonuses in B2/W2 depending on how far you've progressed in B1/W1. It could perhaps add some cut-scenes or possibly levels explaining the events between SSA/SG and SSF.

• Return of the Dread-Yacht- It was kinda cool to have a pimped-out ship with multiple choices for everything from the roof decoration, the paint job, the mast head, and even the engine for that matter! I'd hope for at least a cameo of the Dread-Yacht, but if that were so, it would be cool if the cameo in Swap Force has everything you put on your ship in Giants, but if it makes a return as an extra hub leading to more levels or something like that, that would be better than the meager cameo.

• Feel free to mention anything that you'd want to see in Swap Force.
    ---
    And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:11:17 15/07/2013 by ItalianGamer97
    Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
    #2 Posted: 04:24:36 25/05/2013
    I'd rather like to a secret boss of some kind. Something like how Kingdom Hearts has Julius, Mysterious Figure, Phantom, Vanitas' Remnant, and Kurt Zisa where you would only know about said boss by either reading baout it somewhere or coincidently happening upon it in the game. Such a boss would be of a rather high difficulty and most likely have some form of reward as a result.

For you to not have to buy the S3 character to get the heroic challenge for said character.

A way for you to fight against Skylanders from your own collection. Naturally, styled to look like the Evil Minions (a single color for the entire character matching the element so it looks somewhat like a shadow of the character). Think of it as a single player form of PvP. You could set difficulty for the battle, arena, and select the skylander you wish to fight with possibly some kind of reward for beating said character that follows along with the character. Something like a statue of that skylander for you to use to decorate the hub with. The quality and appearence of the statue depending on how well you do in the fight. Say you lose a ton of health, you would a low quality bronze one; doing average would get a silver one, very well gets gold, while doing almsot flawlessly in a battle at high difficulty would yeild a full color statue matching the figure.
    ---
    Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
    sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
    #3 Posted: 06:07:03 25/05/2013
    what about 3-d mode u know like when u can explore around without the camara looking up like in the game u know what i mean right like mario gameplay mode

an get to do combo moves with certain charaters
    ---
    "ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:07:27 25/05/2013 by sky-dragon
    NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
    #4 Posted: 06:31:52 25/05/2013
    all the ideas sound cool, i myzelf hope there will be no more elfs, we have too many and it gives a bad reputation to all the otters, especially my fave skylander: smilie....
    but the idea of that starter pack is unlikely.........
    Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
    #5 Posted: 07:10:19 25/05/2013
    New villain...

Gnasty Glumshanks!

But seriously, the more I think about this game, the more I get excited.

Also, I hope that they have a create mode... I know it won't happen, but it would be cool. :I
    ---
    Quote: Bimle
    Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
    mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
    #6 Posted: 07:23:40 25/05/2013
    I would to see some sort of endless mode, and monetary rewards as well as the stat bonuses for Heroic challenges.

Finally and I know it probably never going to happen, I would like a playable Flynn and Cali.
    ---
    Gullible is not in the dictionary.
    #7 Posted: 10:03:19 25/05/2013
    i also hope for a quadrapled skylander who isnt a dragon..........like smilie and smilie
    Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
    #8 Posted: 13:20:29 25/05/2013
    Quote: NINJAsk11
    i also hope for a quadrapled skylander who isnt a dragon..........like smilie and smilie

A wolf hydra squid and some more.
    ---
    dark52 let me change my username you coward
    #9 Posted: 14:09:03 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
    You mean a rotatable camera? Yeah, that's cool, but you can do combos with certain characters in SSA/SG (smilie,smilie,smilie, and possibly others I can't think of at the moment.)
    ---
    #10 Posted: 14:14:13 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
    Well, idealistically, I'd want the continuation pack to come with the game, portal and two swapforce 'landers. (whatever they may be)
    ---
    GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
    #11 Posted: 14:22:15 25/05/2013
    It is a slap in the face to force owners to get a character over again in the starter pack. I hated it in SG and now in SF. Starter pack needs to give it its all, especially since a new portal is being crammed down our throats.

Activision needs to consider that when Infinity launches.
    ---
    RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:47 25/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
    Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
    #12 Posted: 16:00:38 25/05/2013
    how about you dont need to get the series 3 skylander to get the heroic challenge like you can buy the old challenges from the shark sheriff guy, instead when you buy a series 3 skylander and put it on the portal you unlock a sort of minigame that earns you gold when you beat it (NOT like the arena challenges more like heroic challenges but they only give you money) also how about some random time guy that makes the player go through what the said skylander went through before it became a skylander (so digging into backstories) so like smilie can fight poachers and smilie can break out of the troll military and smilie looking for the mermaid and one more thing
    PLEASE let dark spyro say his catchphrase "Lights out!"
    #13 Posted: 20:26:38 25/05/2013 | Topic Creator
    Yeah, it would be cool if you could play the events in a certain Skylander's backstory, like smilie going through the dragon's lair, smilie when his homeland was raided, smilie shortly after his branches were cut off by trolls, and smilie searching for minerals to pulverize with his trusty hammer.
    ---
    #14 Posted: 22:51:12 25/05/2013
    ^ exactly and maybe for smilie trying to get out of his hive smilie looking for souls to devour smilie showing off his new suit smilie in a boxing competition smilie trying to find out how he ended up in skylands smilie training to get out of the bottle smilie doing his duty as a security bot smilie beating the **** out of the witch who ruined her poor children's lives and i could go on for a while, however they will have to make up some crap about others though, like for smilie what are they gonna do with "he just showed up one day" :/
    SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
    #15 Posted: 02:53:15 26/05/2013
    Mostly that the characters we have now actually unlock Heroics, and that new characters can swap paths without a reset.

I want to see more platforming integrated to the game. I was crushed when they said that falling from the world would have no penalty and put you right back in. smilie Even though they added jumping it doesn't really seem to add much and it still feels way too much like a dungeon crawler. I don't need something Mario Galaxy-esque, but if they don't utilise it it'll feel more like a good gimmick than innovation.

I would like to see bonus levels that take place after beating Kaos that aren't the Adventure Packs. I really like the idea of them, but they're way too expensive for their short length. An epilogue, of sorts. Not free adventure pack levels, but levels like adventure packs.

And if we're talking about hidden bosses, how about tougher-than-thou extra bosses a la the Mario RPGs?
    talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
    #16 Posted: 03:35:03 26/05/2013
    I primarily wanted to jump, one of the main reasons I liked playing the 3DS version too, but 4 player co-op is really the next thing I want, and beyond that online play.
    #17 Posted: 05:53:01 26/05/2013
    Quote: Ninpire
    ^ exactly and maybe for smilie trying to get out of his hive smilie looking for souls to devour smilie showing off his new suit smilie in a boxing competition smilie trying to find out how he ended up in skylands smilie training to get out of the bottle smilie doing his duty as a security bot smilie beating the **** out of the witch who ruined her poor children's lives and i could go on for a while, however they will have to make up some crap about others though, like for smilie what are they gonna do with "he just showed up one day" :/

smilie and smilie have such those kind of backstories, smilie = forgot things,and what now but hey , the idea doesn't sound bad, i was thinking about this along time!
    sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
    #18 Posted: 08:33:55 26/05/2013
    yeah and like when u enter online mode u got to a plaza with all these people online with their skylander and when u talk to em u can request em to go on adventure with u or chat bubbles and moar thing buy extra new hats craft a hat(referencing tf2)
    ---
    "ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
    #19 Posted: 08:43:50 26/05/2013
    Quote: sky-dragon
    yeah and like when u enter online mode u got to a plaza with all these people online with their skylander and when u talk to em u can request em to go on adventure with u or chat bubbles and moar thing buy extra new hats craft a hat(referencing tf2)

that reminds me of spyros universe's Mainland!
    i WOULD LIKE THAT!
    #20 Posted: 00:57:03 27/05/2013
    Quote: NINJAsk11
    Quote: Ninpire

smilie and smilie have such those kind of backstories, smilie = forgot things,and what now but hey , the idea doesn't sound bad, i was thinking about this along time!

smilie goes through her training with the usually stealthy creature and yes smilie would be a problem
    GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
    #21 Posted: 01:55:51 27/05/2013
    Quote: SkylandFollower
    I would like to see bonus levels that take place after beating Kaos that aren't the Adventure Packs. I really like the idea of them, but they're way too expensive for their short length. An epilogue, of sorts. Not free adventure pack levels, but levels like adventure packs.

I like the idea of Adventure Packs but it really needs to be an adventure--equivalent of 2 or 3 actual levels in the game. There's a lot right with it that they can make better.

I love the idea of suspending Heroics for new guys and concentrate on other items---as mundanely going through 80+ heroics FOR EACH CHARACTER is not going to be a worthwhile venture---doesn't scale well both in terms of reward vs time investment. It was a nice thing in SSA, annoying in Giants--would be A NEGATIVE THING moving into SF (my .02). It's simply not scaling well if everything remains AS IS. It takes me over 2 hours in Giants to do all of the Heroics...ugh...I can see 3.5 hours for SF easily per character.

My next concern is if the data format on the chip can expand on new concepts easily.
    ---
    RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:57:58 27/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
    zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
    #22 Posted: 02:10:56 27/05/2013
    My hopes are is that there will be a BANK. That way, you can transfer money to the bank, then you can transfer that money to another character.
    ---
    Skylanders Colosseum Clash
    A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
    Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
    #23 Posted: 08:32:06 27/05/2013
    Quote: ItalianGamer97
    Yeah, it would be cool if you could play the events in a certain Skylander's backstory, like :ig: going through the dragon's lair, :jv: when his homeland was raided, :ss: shortly after his branches were cut off by trolls, and :cr: searching for minerals to pulverize with his trusty hammer.

I'd like to see heroics changed to this!
    ---
    Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
    DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
    #24 Posted: 10:21:13 27/05/2013
    I hope there's a swap character whose name starts with "futt" so we can get "FuttBuckler"

Though in all seriousness, I'd like to have my old toys unlock heroic challenges, since that's pretty slimy that they don't in Giants. I'd also like to see a rabbit skylander in the magic element, cause why not? I'd also like to see something else added to lightcores to make them less completely pointless. I'd also like to see some more characters that utilize all of their attacks together like how a lot of the Spyro's Adventure characters played in the 3DS game. (terrafin and Camo being good examples) I'd also really like to see the console games adopt the same level up format as the 3DS games when it comes to attack upgrades, since having to collect money to unlock the fun parts of your characters is completely idiotic, especially when you have a level up system that should be doing that anyways. You can even still have your upgrade paths that you choose when you reach a certain level. : )
    ---
    smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:35:45 27/05/2013 by DinoHex
    weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
    #25 Posted: 13:20:31 27/05/2013
    Quote: zookinator
    My hopes are is that there will be a BANK. That way, you can transfer money to the bank, then you can transfer that money to another character.

AGREED!!!!!!
    ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
    #26 Posted: 13:46:26 27/05/2013
    I hope we get a centaur swapper.
    #27 Posted: 15:23:14 27/05/2013
    magical time mage that sends skylanders to deal with their backstories again also zookinator the bank thing is genius however i dont think they will do that because then it will prevent people going through the trouble of collecting money with that character.
    sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
    #28 Posted: 17:31:16 27/05/2013
    a bit like profesor layton you could have a new heroic challenge daily

online battle mode and online story mode with a different story to the main story and you and your friend could build a map and make challenges together and every month there are 30 top challenges selected and if yours is one of them it goes on daily challenge
    SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
    #29 Posted: 19:58:46 27/05/2013
    Quote: DinoHex
    I'd also like to see some more characters that utilize all of their attacks together like how a lot of the Spyro's Adventure characters played in the 3DS game. (terrafin and Camo being good examples) I'd also really like to see the console games adopt the same level up format as the 3DS games when it comes to attack upgrades, since having to collect money to unlock the fun parts of your characters is completely idiotic, especially when you have a level up system that should be doing that anyways. You can even still have your upgrade paths that you choose when you reach a certain level. : )

A true console edition of the first 3DS game would be amazing, but I doubt that it would happen because there would be too much backlash smilie I already play the 3DS version to level up. Going on the console version just to grind gold is boring, if the console version adapted level-upgrades I would play it much more.
    Quote: sonsilv2
    a bit like profesor layton you could have a new heroic challenge daily

WHATBUTTHATSJUSTWAAAAAYTOOMANYHEROICSheheisaidbutt
    Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
    #30 Posted: 21:21:17 04/06/2013
    Hi guys I'm new here,so I just wanted to say

• 4 player co-op, we need this,my siblings won't stop yelling at me if they want a turn
    •online multiplayer, it should be something like you have to make an account so like kids at a younger age have to get their parents confirmation and I hope it's like 2-4player PVP
    •more bosses,in SSA we got a good amount of bosses,in SG we didn't get as much,going on with the boss rush mode mentioned,I think they should implement something like that
    ---
    Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
    #31 Posted: 01:58:47 05/06/2013
    Sorry, 2P only has been confirmed.
    ---
    Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
    Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
    #32 Posted: 20:45:36 05/06/2013
    Quote: Doomslicer

Source?
    ---
    Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
    kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
    #33 Posted: 22:17:14 05/06/2013
    Better and more bosses. Also I like jumping.
    ---
    I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
    #34 Posted: 23:26:03 05/06/2013
    Quote: Datminecraftguy
    Quote: Doomslicer

Source?

The 12 minute demo video I believe.

Also, I really hope that the MEGABLOKS sets start coming with real figures or give some measly reward in game, otherwise no way I'm buying (same with many other people). How much can a block with an RFID cost? MEGABLOKS seem to like making new molds, no problem there.
    ---
    OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
    #35 Posted: 00:03:41 06/06/2013
    What i would like to see in Swap Force or future Skylanders games:

Longer levels and more collectables and extras to extend the game's replay value. I also would like to see a lot more boss battles, a wider variety of enemies, and hidden areas. More off the main path exploration and more aspects that require certain element types.

Different means of exploration:

- Air element should be able to glide or fly for a limited amount of time.

- Water should be able to dive and explore underwater.

- Earth - burrow and explore underground

- Fire - swim through lava and explore high temperature areas that other Skylanders wouldn't be able to enter

- Magic - magically move and arrange floating items, such as boulders and other material, to form bridges or other structures to move on

- Undead - see in the dark in pitch-black caves

I don't mean these as elemental gate areas, but areas that are somewhat hidden that require a certain type to move on.
    ---
    Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
    PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
    #36 Posted: 00:51:13 06/06/2013
    Wi-fi, longer more involved story, make all hats available outside element gates
    ---
    CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me