Page 1 of 1
STILL NO ONLINE! really acti [CLOSED]
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 12:55:55 04/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Does this have online if not NOT getting it its no longer GameCube Xbox PS2 Activison so if so I'm buying 5 copies of this. Online= Needed
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#2 Posted: 13:10:24 04/03/2013
irk. considering its their 3rd game and there's competition now(Disney Inifity) with ingame feature rich still sadly there is no online COOP for SSF but nobody mentioned whether online or offline for PVP.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 13:47:54 04/03/2013
NO ONLINE = NO BUY...

its as easy as that, i totally agree with sleepy on this one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:48:49 04/03/2013 by kappapopm
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 14:00:09 04/03/2013
I don't mind the lack of online in games generally as it's supposed to be a bonus as opposed to a nessecity. It is a problem with Skylanders, however, as if you decide to play a lot the main story gets repetitive, and PVP and co-op can only last so long locally, the only good opponent I have is my dad who is still a lot worse than me so I need to go easy on him most of the time.

I don't have an issue with the replay value in pure numbers because there is a ton if you do every Heroic, Quest etc., the issue with it is that it gets really repetitive over time with such a limiting amount of levels in the games, which will probably only get worse(Adventure Packs are not really a fix in my opinion considering that they cost so much and last so little). Spyro's Adventure is my favorite of the two, Giants is lasting just fine for my Wii U, I still frequent both 3DS games, and I'm racking up hours like crazy in Universe, so I'm not going to buy a new game when the ones I have are lasting me fine unless this one ends up looking better, which it doesn't to me so far. The only thing that can sell me on buying Swap Force at launch is online PVP, because that would be new, otherwise I'm just going to wait till it becomes dirt cheap to buy anything(and if it never does, then I will never buy it). Let me explain-

I've been battling only my dad for two years because everyone else I know is just horribly bad at it and don't want to even give a go at putting in time to become better or stopped playing Skylanders altogether, and it's getting very boring. The last time I was very interested by it was when I reset some toys to Level 1 and battled against him, with totally upgraded toys, though that became old after a while- and I've thought of a lot of other pseudo-battle modes which I've played to death that just aren't interesting since I've done them so much.

I'm not saying that no online = bad and I do think that having a great single player is far more important because one day online multiplayer in all but the most popular games will just stop having active players, but not even the first game nailed it, and I think that they will probably never make the levels like the first game again. A lot of people would be playing online PVP for a few years, so being able to go against new opponents and figuring out their own, different strategies would probably invigorate my own interest in the series again and actually make me want all of the toys. But since I have Giants to play on the GamePad and Spyro's Adventure for my PC, there's no reason for me to buy Swap Force unless I simply want something new- but the "new" part will last me so short, I just don't want it.
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#5 Posted: 14:06:28 04/03/2013
I know I am in the minority here, but online gaming is not my thing. Every time I do it I get spammed all over or the game's servers cause lag (I have a decent connection).
You can garuntee that if there is an online feature then half the trophies / achievments will be "do this online" and "do that online".

I am not against an online mode, I just wont miss it if there is not one.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 17:23:55 04/03/2013
Eh I don't see the big deal in having online in Skylanders games that would automatically make the game better and 'awesome'. Even if they added online, I wouldn't be able to play due to not having Xbox Live.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#7 Posted: 18:00:37 04/03/2013
The fact that Infinity has online holds no barrings on whether Swap Force will or should have online, in my opinion. Why? Because it's not like Activision could go chat up Disney and got "By the way, you aren't doing online stuff in your game, are you?" *chuckles*

Online integration is not common in kids games. Look at how long it has taken Nintendo to do any form of online in their titles, and how complicated or annoying it has been. All with the goal of making sure little Timmy and Susie do not get harmed by some sicko on the internet.

I am not saying that there shouldn't *be* online. I would welcome a well done suite of online options--some form of co-op, a PVP mode, the ability to play Skystones against someone, etc. (Hell, keep adding to that thing and let people trade the stones and crap. I *love* that mini game!)... Include a puzzle builder so people can make and share their own lock puzzles. Let people do crazy videos of their skylanders and share them. ...You get my point: the sky's (no pun intended) the limit. Activision has set up a GREAT franchise and there is definitely room for growth.

But that growth has to be GOOD. If they do an online mode it can't suck. And therein lies the catch 22: finding a way to keep the game's offical target audience (Kids) safe, without sacrificing the convenience, fun and quality of the mode.

The next thing to consider is whether the core of the actual Skylanders franchise would work well with online modes. The PVP would need a lot more testing for balance. The advantages that certain figures--i.e. Legendaries--have would need to be paid attention to for the thing to not end up being broken. And looking at the main campaign... does the current structure seem like it would work with another player in there? For instance, my boyfriend plays on Nightmare because he's really competitive. Yet I spend hours in game and I'm on Chompy Cuddler. (Go on, laugh it up. <3 I don't mind. smilie ) On the couch, you likely have a parent and kid playing, or you have a pair of siblings. But online the structure is open to a much wider range of skill levels interacting. As much as I love playing stuff with my bf, he essentially "breaks" it for me because we have a heck of a time finding a balance where I'm playing and not just following him around, or where he isn't bored out of his skull from turning difficulty down so I don't feel like I'm not really participating.

The very existence of something like these forums shows loud and clear that Skylanders, despite any limitations, has a community behind it. I love how being here compliments my experience with the game and despite anything I've said above, it would be neat to have some way to share and interact more with other players.

But I'm not at a point yet where "Is there online?" will deter me from getting the next game. There are just too many variables to consider within that can of worms, plus I come from an RPG background so I'm use to not being online for this sorta thing.

A girl can dream though. An online mode in a future Skylanders game could be great if they really thought it through, really got creative (I mean c'mon, that's what this whole thing thrives on) and really got it right.
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
CrunchyNums Red Sparx Gems: 53
#8 Posted: 18:12:45 04/03/2013
Quote: GB700
I know I am in the minority here, but online gaming is not my thing. Every time I do it I get spammed all over or the game's servers cause lag (I have a decent connection).
You can garuntee that if there is an online feature then half the trophies / achievments will be "do this online" and "do that online".

I am not against an online mode, I just wont miss it if there is not one.

This exactly. I'm in the same minority boat in that I couldn't give two hoots about online play. If I wanted to play skylanders online I'd go to Universe.
---
Delicious, but not very nutritious.
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#9 Posted: 18:47:02 04/03/2013
The Xbox is payed like aura mention, the ps3 sound like a helicopter when playing online and ps4 will have payed account like Xbox, the wii have weak controls for online, the only good console to play online was the pc version but theres no pc so no point at all

And remenber the target of the game is kids they not so ambicious as grown up people so they parents are enought to play with them
---
Expect the unexpected
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:13 04/03/2013 by Hakann
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#10 Posted: 19:34:23 04/03/2013
I remember reading all the articles linked on the news page when swapforce was announced and one of them was an interview and it was said that there was no internet. They want it to keep the game an at home personal experiance, not faceless online interaction.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#11 Posted: 22:01:57 04/03/2013
i agree with sleepy, we need online play. ive been leveling/doing heroics for all my characters for the eventual release of online mode, give us online mode! :<
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#12 Posted: 23:35:52 05/03/2013
I want internet too. It would have much better replay value. They better have it in Skylanders 4.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 01:03:05 06/03/2013
That would be okay.

But of that did happen, a little kid could get in one of those "Stupid-Ass brat on Xbox live!!!!1" videos.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#14 Posted: 01:37:42 06/03/2013
Online friends only option? They wont be so stupid to put a lobby or ladder for kids to play with random strangers which which Acti fears the most. Parental option or security option so parents canr only be one can activate online mode and restrict it to friends only or play with any. With friends only option chances are mic and chat can be implemented. I guess this is too much for VV to handle.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#15 Posted: 04:38:39 06/03/2013
I was reading that block of writing on the bottom left corner of the SWAP Force website and it said that they intend no online play, so, I guess no online play.

But there's a SLIGHT chance they could do online play.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#16 Posted: 04:48:22 06/03/2013
You think the target audience (ages 8-12) need to have online play at their age?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#17 Posted: 04:53:13 06/03/2013
Quote: Aura24
You think the target audience (ages 8-12) need to have online play at their age?

I thought the ages were 10+.
---
#18 Posted: 05:40:42 06/03/2013
Nope, the games are set for ages 6, 7, or 8 to 12 year olds.
---
#19 Posted: 06:55:44 06/03/2013
Oh. Ok then.
---
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#20 Posted: 07:15:42 06/03/2013
the game is marketed at young children i guarantee you thats why there is no online play.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#21 Posted: 07:28:44 06/03/2013
My Wii can't even do Wi-Fi, if it ever tried, it'd have a high chance of losing all save data on all games (as I bought it asia). So online play is actually a drawback for me. I do wish Universe would get a massive upgrade, maybe even stop being browser based!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#22 Posted: 08:04:33 06/03/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
My Wii can't even do Wi-Fi, if it ever tried, it'd have a high chance of losing all save data on all games (as I bought it asia). So online play is actually a drawback for me. I do wish Universe would get a massive upgrade, maybe even stop being browser based!

wii does wifi fine i have spent hundreds of hours on mario kart wii online o.0
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#23 Posted: 09:08:03 06/03/2013
Quote: Gaiaknight
the game is marketed at young children i guarantee you thats why there is no online play.

yes but the game was released 2 years ago was it? it will be 3-4 years (since initial release) when the 4th version comes out and as their audience of 6-12 year olds get to 10-16 year olds, the game will need to mature with their audience, i expected them to bring online into it for swap force as it makes sense to be one step ahead of your audience rather then playing catch up.
#24 Posted: 12:02:28 06/03/2013
Quote: FLEIJA
Online friends only option? They wont be so stupid to put a lobby or ladder for kids to play with random strangers which which Acti fears the most. Parental option or security option so parents canr only be one can activate online mode and restrict it to friends only or play with any. With friends only option chances are mic and chat can be implemented. I guess this is too much for VV to handle.

i play 'cod' and 'little big planet' and i can say there is more of the 7 or 8 to 12 year olds there than playing skylanders... and now disney are going to release their own kid game with online (disney infinity) so when people say we cant have online in skylanders because kids that is bs..

i can understand that there was no online in the first two games, since it more or less was a testing ground for toys for bob and acti. to see if a figure based game would be a successes or not and the portal thing was new technology. the game was also made on the old wii where online gaming wasn't the focus, so there was limitations. but we now have the wii-u where online gaming is a big part of it all, so that is not a problem.

when you look at skylanders giant you can see all the elements was at place, it only missing a online lobby to get it going, the rest was there. so really there ain't no reason at all to release a third game in the series with no online gaming. the new game even has a new game engine and the limitations of the first wii game engine is gone...

so what is the real problem here???... i suspect that acti dont want to make online, because it will take more time to release the game and more money to use for them. that is the only reason i can think of... but at one point they must take that step or the game will get stale and less sales.

so if you dont buy swap force this will show acti that people want more from the skylanders game, than 5 hours game play with expensive plastic figurines. with disney infinity released and it is going to be a success no doubt about that. this will also help put pressure on acti to implement online gaming in skylanders4.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:04:41 06/03/2013 by kappapopm
#25 Posted: 12:11:52 06/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion

yes but the game was released 2 years ago was it? it will be 3-4 years (since initial release) when the 4th version comes out and as their audience of 6-12 year olds get to 10-16 year olds, the game will need to mature with their audience, i expected them to bring online into it for swap force as it makes sense to be one step ahead of your audience rather then playing catch up.

the game maker said from day one there was no online game play in swap force... so you will be disappointed if you think swap force will have online game play.

i will suggest that people save their money and don't buy swap force. just stick with ssa/sg and its figurines, there is plenty to still enjoy. when toys for bob comes with skylanders4 next year, it will have online.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:13 06/03/2013 by kappapopm
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#26 Posted: 13:13:47 06/03/2013
Oh kappa you think you're an inside source you. They won't implement online in the fourth game because Acti is the publisher and want people to keep buying all the games to increase their longevity- if they add online people who will play online may not see a reason to buy the next games because it will give them more longivety without needing to buy more toys. Toys For Bob are not a saint, they cannot swing the Big A like that.

Anyway, it's only been said there was no online co-op. So there is still a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very...

very, very
slim chance of online Battle Mode.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:51 06/03/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#27 Posted: 14:15:58 06/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Oh kappa you think you're an inside source you. They won't implement online in the fourth game because Acti is the publisher and want people to keep buying all the games to increase their longevity- if they add online people who will play online may not see a reason to buy the next games because it will give them more longivety without needing to buy more toys. Toys For Bob are not a saint, they cannot swing the Big A like that.

Anyway, it's only been said there was no online co-op. So there is still a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very...

very, very
slim chance of online Battle Mode.

there is chance for online features in swap force yes... like keeping game stats and highscores online so you can compare and compete that way, but not much else.. acti is taking baby steps...
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#28 Posted: 16:21:06 06/03/2013
I'm 11 and I want online play. smilie Oh, also for you guys leaving the franchise:
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:10 06/03/2013 by Ryanator20x6
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#29 Posted: 16:44:02 06/03/2013
Quote: IJJusion

They wont change the game audience from 10-16 why? Toys are for kids till 12 years old (some people lose interest in toys sooner them 12 years old) So target audience will still be kids cuz they spend inresponsable money a "regular" grown up fan (from how normal is some one play with toys from 12+) wont spend so much money in toys.
Besides the point is to bring your toy to a friend house
---
Expect the unexpected
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#30 Posted: 16:59:26 06/03/2013
Look at me i am a 16 years old playing skylanders Yiiiiiih.

I go toysrus every friday to buy a piece of plastic that was on the game data since the day i bought the game but i dont care!

Instand of looking for naughy magazins like my friend, I am more interested in add a nice hat to cynder or purching light core chill that wears less armor them the regular one (is not skin is armor)

I spend all my savings in a bunch of toys that are recycled every year with better stats and new powers and guess what, next year they wont unlock bonus.

So dont make this game for grown ups they will lose lots of money they see the disavantages of this game first them the kids.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#31 Posted: 02:36:44 07/03/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429
Does this have online if not NOT getting it its no longer GameCube Xbox PS2 Activison so if so I'm buying 5 copies of this. Online= Needed

Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 all had online. Gamecube needed special adapters, PS2 had an online disc, and Xbox just needed an Ethernet cable.
---
words. letters. filler.
#32 Posted: 03:25:30 07/03/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 all had online. Gamecube needed special adapters, PS2 had an online disc, and Xbox just needed an Ethernet cable.

PS2 had online?
---
#33 Posted: 12:05:08 07/03/2013
Quote: Hot Dog 542
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

PS2 had online?

yes... check yt vids...

PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#34 Posted: 18:32:03 07/03/2013
It does suck there's no online play, but think about it: They're trying to squeeze every bit of originality out of this series, and I guess the swapping capabilities was enough for this game. Maybe when they start running out of decent ways to promote the game, they'll be all, "Hey look! Online gameplay! A new innovation!"
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#35 Posted: 20:12:25 07/03/2013
Quote: PinkWater
It does suck there's no online play, but think about it: They're trying to squeeze every bit of originality out of this series, and I guess the swapping capabilities was enough for this game. Maybe when they start running out of decent ways to promote the game, they'll be all, "Hey look! Online gameplay! A new innovation!"

yah like they did with the "JUMP" feature LOL!
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#36 Posted: 20:14:01 08/03/2013
It would be nice to have that online feature after you have completed the game *sigh*
---
Im so proud of you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me